Only You ✔️

By restlessbookreader

Sequel to 'Just Us' ** Five years after Lacey and Jonas get married Spencer is stuck, alone, in his apartment... More

1- Falling Apart
2- The Good Times
3- The Night Before
4- The One Night Stand
5- The Day After
6- Truth Be Told
7- The Break-Up
8- Take Two
9- Remembering
10- What Ifs
11- Maybe
12- Face Your Fears
13- Mistakes
14- Dirty Laundry
15- Bad Words
16- Choices
17- Rewards
18- Nip and Tease
19- Birthday Bash
20- After Math
21- Cabins and Kisses
22- Distance
23- The Secret
24- The Mix-Up
25- Explanations
26- The Intake
27- The Weekend
28- The Surprise
29- Playdate
30- Savannah
31- An Awkward Dinner
32- Opening Night

Epilogue

3.8K 107 21
By restlessbookreader

Spencer

6 months later

My palms were sweaty and clammy and my heart was beating so fast. Today was the day. I was getting married in less than an hour.

I was so nervous.

"Man calm down. Stressed isn't the thing you want in your face when you see your bride for the first time." Jonas tells me

"Easy for you to say" I grumble in response

"Damn you and your sister are exactly the same"

I roll my eyes at his comment and straighten my tie.

"How do I look?" I ask turning to my groomsmen

"Constipated" Jonas replies with a smirk

"Idiot. Why did I make you my best man again?"

He shrugs

"Because you love me."

I roll my eyes and respond with a chuckle

"You are such a prick"

"A handsome prick"

"Asshole"

"Floozy"

"Okay ladies that's enough. We have a wedding to get to" Tyler my business partner says.

Jonas claps his hand on my shoulder before smiling at me.

"You ready man? It's not to late to back out"

"Never. This is what I want."

Jonas nods at me before opening the door.

"Your bride awaits"

**

I shuffle back and forth on my feet waiting to see Nova. I was dying to see her. It had been a while thirty six hours since we've seen each other and I couldn't handle another minute.

The clock was ticking down to when I would be married to the girl of my dreams. Less than three minutes.

The wedding march began to play loudly through the speakers and everyone in the audience stood and turned towards the door.

Any second now I'd get to see my angel.

Jonas and Lacey appear and slowly make their way down the isle and to the alter.

The bouquets of flowers that the bridesmaids had all matched the ties the groomsmen had. Nova had decided on a light blue color.

I smile at Lacey as she takes her place across the stage, as Tyler and April come down the isle.

April had come all the way down from England to be here for the wedding and despite Wes being her cousin, she sided with Nova after she found out what had happened.

They take their positions and my breathing picked up. My heart was beating erratically, as I watched Hallie come down the isle with her basket of flowers.

Her flower girl dress, was light blue and she had her hair curled and had a flower crown in her hair. She had a huge smile on her face as she walked and stood next to Lacey.

The doors open again and Nova walks out.

I swear time stopped.

She looked so beautiful.

Her dress was long and pearly white, she had lace embedded in the bust and sleeves, and a small jewel pendant on her waist. Her hair was piled onto her head in a curly updo and secured with a silver pin.

Tears were brimming her eyes as she smiled, her smiled made the room light up. I felt all the emotions rush through me as she made her way towards me.

My vision had become blurry with unshed tears I was desperately trying to hold back.

And finally she's there, standing right in front of me.

She hands Lacey her bouquet and grabs both of my hands.

She smiles at me as a tear streaks down her cheek. I hastily wipe it away, before grabbing her hand again.

The pastor starts the speech and I don't concentrate on a word he says. I was to focused on Nova, my beautiful bride. I couldn't take my eyes away from her.

I feel a jab in my ribs and hear Jonas whisper in my ear.

"It's time for the vows dude"

I snap back to reality and squeeze Nova's hands.

"Spencer, if you would please recite your vows to Nova"

I take a deep breath before looking into her eyes.

"Before I get in to all the sappiness, I have a surprise for you."

She quirks an eyebrow at me.

"I've come to realize these last few months what was really important to me. And not only what's important, but what I can't live without. I did a lot of thinking and I decided that I wanted to take the next big step. I've decided to adopt Hallie"

Nova's hands go up to her mouth as she silently cries into her hands. The crowd erupts with cheers as I wrap my arms around her.

"Thank you Spencer" she whimpers into my arms.

I kiss the top of her head and pull away slightly.

I turn to Hallie and see the confused look on her face.

"Hallie honey did you hear? I'm going to be your daddy."

Her face lights up and she runs into my arms.

"Thank you Spencer! I love you!"

I kiss her cheek before putting her down. She runs back over to Lacey who is wiping tears from her eyes.

I grab Nova's hands and give them a comforting squeeze before continuing.

"I stopped believing in love, but when you came back into my life I realized that was stupid of me. I fell in love with you when I was sixteen and I never stopped loving you. I made many mistakes after you had left, and I didn't feel worthy of your love. But you've shown me everyday what's it like to love, to be loved, and you've taught me how to love. Everyday when I wake up next to you, I can't help the smile on my face. I wake up smiling because of you, because you're next to me. I vow to always love you. I vow to always care for you. I vow to always support you. I vow to never hurt you. And I vow my life to you. I fall in love with you over and over again each day you're by my side. And I can't wait for our future together, I can't wait for our forever. I love you Nova."

The crowd claps and Nova continues to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Nova, whenever you're ready" the pastor says

She takes a deep breath and composes herself before saying her vows.

"Spencer. Growing up I didn't have to best life, I always cowered down and hid from the world. I never smiled. I never laughed. Until I met you, I remember that thin, lanky little beach blonde boy that had to much sun during the summer. I remember watching you grow into the man you've become today. I remember all the times you made me smile, or told me stupid jokes that made me laugh. I remember playing pranks on Lacey when she fell asleep early. And I remember always knowing there was something missing in my life. When we got together I knew in my heart that I could finally be happy, because I was with you. You've always protected me, you've always been there for me, and you've always loved me. I vow to always take care of you. I vow to always protect you. I vow to always be there for you. And I vow to always love you. I've only ever loved you Spencer. Only You."

The crowd claps as the tears brim my eyes, I feel my cheek get damp and Nova's hand shoots out to wipe away the fallen tears. She smiles at me and mouths I love you.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. Spencer you may kiss your bride"

I don't hesitate to kiss her, to officially make her mine.

I pull her body closer to mine and claim her lips.

I drown out the noise of our family and friends and just focus on her. And the way she tasted. She was finally mine after so many years, she was finally mine. And I couldn't wait for our future together. What we had was forever. And I was so happy.

"Spence, I have something to tell you" she whispers as we pull apart.

I look into her beautiful blue eyes and see the sparkle in them.

"I'm pregnant"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 943 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
6.2M 134K 52
𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
512K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
118K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...