Only You ✔️

restlessbookreader tarafından

Sequel to 'Just Us' ** Five years after Lacey and Jonas get married Spencer is stuck, alone, in his apartment... Daha Fazla

1- Falling Apart
2- The Good Times
3- The Night Before
4- The One Night Stand
5- The Day After
6- Truth Be Told
7- The Break-Up
8- Take Two
9- Remembering
10- What Ifs
11- Maybe
12- Face Your Fears
13- Mistakes
14- Dirty Laundry
15- Bad Words
16- Choices
17- Rewards
18- Nip and Tease
19- Birthday Bash
20- After Math
21- Cabins and Kisses
22- Distance
23- The Secret
24- The Mix-Up
25- Explanations
26- The Intake
27- The Weekend
28- The Surprise
29- Playdate
30- Savannah
31- An Awkward Dinner
Epilogue

32- Opening Night

2.2K 72 10
restlessbookreader tarafından

Nova

Spencer was rushing me to finish getting ready. The opening for his firm was tonight and the party started in less than an hour.

I knew he was nervous because he kept pacing the room.

"Baby you have got to calm down" I tell him from the closet as I slip into my tight red dress.

"I can't. This is the make or break moment for me Novs. If this party fails and nobody shows I'm screwed and all of my work and effort will be for nothing."

"Baby people will show trust me. Not only are you great at your job, but you have a fantastic team that works with you. Everything will be fine"

I hear the bed creak as he sits on it.

"Spence stressing yourself out is not good for your health."

"I know you're right. I just worked so hard for this. I want it to go right"

After putting on my heels I walk out of the closet.

Spencer glances up at me and his mouth parts slightly.

"Woah."

I feel my cheeks burn at his heated gaze. His eyes were trailing my body.

"You look stunning baby"

"If you like this, you'll love what's underneath." I tell him with a smirk and a wink.

The dress I had on fit my body perfectly. It hugged my curves but was still modest. It went just below my knees and was made of a deep red satin material. The sleeves went just past my elbows and were embroidered with lace. Spencer loved Lace.

My makeup was simple and my hair was up in a high sleek ponytail.

"You can't say things like that when we're on a time crunch Nova"

I flash a quick wink in his direction before walking out of the bedroom.

I hear him groan before his footsteps chase after me.

Before I can reach the stairs, his musclier arms wrap around my waist and I'm lifted up over his shoulder.

"Oh my god! Put me down!" I yell

I feel his body shake with laughter as he runs down the stairs.

I grip the back of his suit tight. I really didn't want to fall.

"Spencer! My dress is getting wrinkled!"

I fly through the air and suddenly land on the couch. But I don't have time to catch my breath before he pounces on top of me and starts attacking my sides with tickles.

"Spencer!" I scream as my sides burn from the tickles.

"Say the magic words baby" he taunts as his fingers continue to torture me.

"Never!" I scream.

A look crosses his face and I knew I was in trouble. He starts tickling me harder, til the point I couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard.

Just when I was about to cave, a voice interrupts us.

Spencer pulls away from me and sits on the couch, with a devilish smirk on his perfect face.

I close my eyes as I try to catch my breath.

"Aren't you guys going to be late?" Laura asks as she sits on the chair.

"Yes we are, because someone is a tease" Spencer responds

I snap my eyes open and smack his arm.

"I am not a tease!"

He quirks an eyebrow at me, before he stands up and straightens his coat jacket.

"Come on we're gonna be late"
**

I loved being at the firm with him. Seeing Spencer in a suit was already a plus, but seeing him in his element and happy. It was rare to see a genuine smile come from him.

All of his loved ones and close friends were here to support him. And watching him now giving his speech, it really made me appreciate all the hard work he put into this firm.

I knew he was good at his job, but I never expected him to follow his dreams. He never acted on anything, he was always more of a sayer than a doer.

But I was so proud of him. He was so accomplished. And I couldn't be happier.

If you had asked me four months ago, if I had imagined myself where I am now, I would've said you were crazy.

Now here I am, supporting the man I love, my fiancée, with all of his loved ones. And I couldn't be more proud of how far we've come.

The crowd bursts into applause as Spencer steps off the stage and makes his way through the crowd. He was heading in my direction, but kept getting stopped on his way.

Many people here were very important lawyers or business men. And they all were congratulating him and patting him on the back.

After a few more minutes of interruptions, Spencer finally reaches me, with a huge smile on his face.

He wraps his arms around me and kisses my temple. I nuzzle into his neck and wrap my arms tight around his waist.

"I'm so proud of you baby" I whisper in his ear.

He pulls away and looks deep into my eyes.

"I couldn't have done it without you babe. You've always been there for me and supported me. I was ready to give up on this dream. Until you came back into my life. I love you so much Nova."

He leans down and places a quick kiss on my lips before pulling away. He laces our fingers together and pulls me in the direction of an older looking man.

"I want to introduce you to someone"

I slowly nod my head.

"Excuse me, Mr. Lancaster? Can I have a moment?" Spencer asks in his business voice

The older man turns and flashes me a smile.

"Spencer! It's about time you've come to talk to me." The man says clapping his hand on Spencer's shoulder.

"Who's this lovely lady?" He asks, turning his attention to me.

"This is my fiancée. Babe this is my old mentor and boss, Mr. Samuel Lancaster."

Samuel holds his hand out, I take it and shake his hand.

"I bet you're real proud of him aren't you?"

I nod my head and smile wide.

"I am. He deserves this."

"That he does."

Samuel turns his attention back to Spencer.

"Well I have to get going, but I wish you much luck in your business and good fortune in your marriage"

"Thank you sir, that means a lot"

Samuel responds with a curt nod before walking towards the door.

Spencer turns to me and smiles. A true, genuine smile.

"Thank you Nova."

"For what?"

"Everything. But especially for loving me. And agreeing to marry me. You make me so happy."

I blush and duck my head.

His fingers sends shocks through my body as he cups my chin and tilts my head up.

"I can't wait to marry you" he whispers before leaning down and kissing me.

I melt into the kiss as he deepens it. This wasn't appropriate for where we were but god it felt so good. I didn't want it to stop.

I couldn't wait to be his wife.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

16.9K 891 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
527K 13.4K 54
Lacey Wright finally moves back home after traveling around Europe with her parents for over two years. Everything she left behind is the same, inclu...
1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...