The Mummy Returns

By white_black_cat

Book two of The Mummy More

moodboard
Ⅰ ✓
Ⅱ ✓
Ⅲ ✓
Ⅳ ✓
Ⅴ ✓
special chapter
here we go
VII
update

2.9K 92 9
By white_black_cat

Outside three horses appeared. Two black one in which took the lead leaving the white horse between them. The three riders of the horses jumped down. Weapons glinsting in the harsh sun. "Lets go." One of the men said. They then procceded to walk into the old artitecture in which the O'Connells and the Carnahan women were in.

Inside was dark. the only light came from two torches that were placed near the entrence. Alex ran to the mouse trap he had built. He smiled and glanced towards the small group of mice. The mischivious glint in his eye was definetly from his mother.

Alex placed a small piece of cheese on the mouse trap.  He then stood up in a hurry when he heard multiple voices. He stood at the enterence. Then he turned and ran to grab his bag before going up the stairs to a small wooden platform.

The three men then entered. One of them mockingly said, "Knock, knock. Anybody home?"

The three walked further in. Two holding tourches. "You two check out that stuff, see if it's there." The man who appeared to be the leader said. The man loaded the revolver and seperated himself slightly from the other two.

"I'll sort out the O'Connells." The man said.

On top of the platform Alex looked down at the men in fear and worry.

~~~

In another room, Rick entered a tourch in hand. Evan and Evelyn close behind, Evelyn holding the tourch. Evan freezed making Evelyn stop in her track slightly worried. Evan grabbed the tourch in Evelyns hand and swung it side to side. Evelyn stepped back in worry.

The O'Connell woman gasped as the vision didn't go away. She was now in a brightly little room which seems to be covered in gold. Evan walked further in, not aware of her surroundings other then the ones in the vision.

She comes to a stop infront of a door made of gold. She leaned slightly to get a look inside the door that was opened by a woman who was with a young girl.

Inside there were two guards on either side of a golden box. The eye of Horus on the lid. The door soon closed. The woman turned the key to the door to ensure that no one was to come out or to come in.

Evan placed her full attention on the combination. Two turns to the right, one turn to the left and push the key in. The two women were about to turn around when...

Rick stepped infront of her, making the vision go away. Evelyn had disappeared. Evan blinked and looked around seeing that she was once again in the slightly dark room.

Evan swung the tourch side to side. When nothing happened the procceded to do it countless of times.

Rick who was busy trying to open the door with a crowbar looked over to his wife. "You know, if you move that fast enough you can almost write your name."

Evan snapped back to reality and looked at her husband. "I just had a vision. It was... It was like my dream, but it was real." Evan looked around. "It was like I was actually here in ancient times." She finished.

Rick nodded and decided to play along, "Well, honey, if you actually we're here, could you show me how to open this thing?" Rick asked. Evan walked over and gave the torch to Rick.

The dark haired beauty let out a quiet sigh. She pulled out the key, turning it twice to the right and then once towards the left before pushing it back in. The door opened, making Evan jump in fright.

Rick looked at her in disbelive, "Alright, now, you're starting to scare me." Rick said with a hint of playfulness even though he was serious.

"So... you're sleeping on the couch tonight?" She asked playfully. Rick smiled. They walked into the room ---

~~~

One of the men walked over to the various items laid out, turning them to inspect them further. "What is this? Look at the state of this rubbish." He said as his partner -- in the black hat -- inspected the pots in the corner.

"Those Egyptians never had a clue. It's all chintz and stuff." He continued to walk around. Alex hid, looking down at them from his hiding spot. "Look at that." His partner threw a piece of pot.

"Cheap pottery, this. Ancient rubbish." The man with black hat complained. Alex smirked with mischief and pulled back his slingshot, a small rock in it. The young boy let it go, hitting the complaining man.

He screamed in pain. His partner turned, pulling out a gun. "Jacques, something's hit me head." He said, his hand covering his injured spot. Alex hid by laying down on his stomach.

"Shut up, Spivey. This place is cursed." Jacques snapped not lowering his gun. He looked around as Spivey continued to cry in pain. "We do not want to wake the gods."

~~~

The drawing of two Egyptians appeared, a foot stepped over it. The third man walked into a room, torch in one hand and revolver in the other. A sound startles him, making him turn but he continues on his way.

As he steps the there is a crunch under his foot making him look down. There are scorpions and spiders making their way up his leg. He groans, jumping in hopes of making them fall. Seeing as this does not work he panics and starts to try to shake them off by running out the room.

~~~

A golden emblem with a Scorpion is covered in spider webs. A hand slowly removes it, "this is the emblem of the Scorpion King." Evan turns towards her husband who walks over towards her. "He's supposed to be a pure myth." She says in awe.

"No trace of him has ever been found. No artifacts, no archival evidence." She looks down and sees a golden box, removing the dirt.

"They didn't want anyone to find him." Rick said looking at the box as well. Evan looked around the box.

"Let's open it." Evan said and tried to open it. Rick shook his head.

"Ev, I don't have a good feeling about this." Rick said with hesitation in his voice. Evan wanted to agree with him but the feeling of finding something worth her while made her tempted to open it.

"Its just a chest. No harm ever came from opening a chest." Evan said even though she didn't believe it herself and Rick could tell.

"Just like no harm ever came from reading a book, look how that turned out. Come on, Evan." Rick said and held her hand. Evan looked up to him, smiling.

"Please? Evelyn will kill me if she were here and we didn't open this chest." Evan said trying to convince him. Rick let out a sigh making her grin. Evan pulled him down to kiss him before pulling away.

"Just remember that I was the voice of reason." Rick said with a smile knowing that this made his wife happy. As long as no harm came to her, his son, his drunk of a brother-in-law or his bossy sister-in-law he would comply to her wishes.

"That is why you are no fun to be around." Evan teased, trying to pray it open. Rick chuckled at her struggles.

"You didn't say that yesterday." Rick grinned as he saw his wife turn bright red. Evan faked laugh, smiling widely.

"Yeah, yeah. Now help me." She said and pointed at the box. Rick gave her the crowbar.

~~~

Spivey was rummaging through the pots, muttering, "rubbish. Rubbish. Dreck. Chintz." The breaking of pots was the only sound at the moment.

Alex once again pulled at his slingshot, aiming then releasing it. Spivey groan in pain making Jacques turn. Alex grinned, a small laugh escaping him making him cover his mouth, wide eyed. He laid down on his back to look at up.

Evelyn appeared on one of the many entrances leading to Alex, quickly hiding behind a pillar when she saw the two men. She looked around for Alex, spotting him on top of a stand. Evelyn looked at the men and saw one, Jacques, looking in the direction of Alex.

Evelyn turned, her back against the pillar trying to find a way to help Alex knowing that they know he is there.

~~~

The third man heard noises making him approach the open room. Rick watched his wife struggle with the chest. "This is impossible." Evan huffed, brushing her hair away from her face.

"A clear sign that this is a bad idea and we shouldn't open it." Rick said leaning against a wall looking around the room. Evan turned to her husband, arms crossed.

"Hush, I'll figure it out." Evan said and looked around. Rick looked at the skeleton by the chest, a golden necklace around its neck. He walked over to it, yanking it.

"Let's do this old school." Rick said and dangled the necklace infront of Evan. The woman smiled, eyes bright.

"This is a sign that we should do it." Evan said and grabbed the necklace. She placed it in the small star shaped entrance of the box. Turning it. The lid popped open with a hiss. Evan placed her hand on the lid and opened it fully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.5K 2.2K 24
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy ☆
366K 9.1K 46
innocent boy and dangerous girl as twins twins kidnapped at age of 2 one is dark and dangerous and cold one is innocent and wishes for someone othe...
197K 29.5K 115
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...
597K 20.1K 84
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...