Monsters in the Mines: Josh W...

By ChloeReds

Elena Kennedy, best friend of Beth and Hannah Washington, choose to stay behind and let Beth look for Hannah... More

One Year Ago
Memento Mori: Chris
Memento Mori: Jess
Jealousy: Kiss
Jealousy: Boiler
Isolation
Loyalty
Psychosis: DollHouse
Psychosis: Old Hotel
Psychosis: Saw
Violence
Revelation: Stranger
Revelation: Bitten
Karma
Resolution: Mines
Resolution: Wendigo
In the Mines
Hospital

Jealousy: Lock

1.7K 45 11
By ChloeReds

Even though we took the cable car up the mountain, we still have a long way to hike. By the time we get up there we are all hot and sweaty and it is a little after 10. We finally get to the cabin and Josh is waiting for us. "Man I feel like this mountain gets bigger every time I climb it." Chris complains.

"Oh yeah?" Josh laughs, "Feels the same to me."

"Oh come on, you grew up here. It probably feels like it's shrinking." Chris and Josh hug.

"I guess that's true." Josh chuckles.

Chris raises his phone, "When you gonna install some cell towers up here? I'm getting withdrawals already."

"You got a spare million lying around and I'll fix you right up."

"Funny you should say that... ah I think I left it in my other jacket."

"Oops" Josh shrugs. "Sam, Elena." Josh smiles over to us.

"Hey, Josh." Sam steps forward and hugs him.

When they separate Josh and I hug rather awkwardly, "hi."

The four of us walk up to the foot of the lodge and see Ashley sitting down on the stairs and Matt. "hey gang... you guys get up here okay?" Josh looks between the two of them.

Matt stands, "Coulda done with some bellboys, but hey, can't get everything."

"Yeah," Ashley nods, "it was pretty easy... a little creepy though... I mean, it's really weird being back here.

Josh and I walk upstairs, while Matt walks away from the stairs, and Ashley stays sitting. I look around and try to make small talk, "So Matt and Emily are a thing now, right?"

"Yeah, so it seems."

"I mean, what's Mike think of that?"

"I have a feeling Mike's already got his hands full... you know what I mean?"

"Huh?"

Josh shrugs and tries to open the lock of the lodge's front door. "Dammit... this freaking thing..."

"Is it iced?" I ask looking over his shoulder.

"What else?"

"Maybe there's another way in."

"There are a million ways in. They're just all locked."

"There's gotta be a window round the corner we can get open or something."

"Wait a second, are you saying we should break in?"

"It is really breaking in if you own the place?"

"Not if I don't report you." Josh chuckles and turns back to me, "Lead the way, Cochise." Josh and I walk down the stairs. Chris is still talking to Ashley as we pass. Once we get further away, Josh chuckles, "Ashley was looking pretty hot today, right? She's like a 'sleeper hit' kinda gal, you know?... Now I just wanna rip that parka right off her... make some snow angels. Right?"

"Uh..." I shake my head, "cut it out, Josh..."

"I mean if Chris doesn't wanna bang her... maybe Mike'll take up the case."

"Maybe..." I look down since it's weird and awkward to hear Josh talk this way about another girl. "Uh... I don't really wanna talk about this..."

"Why not? Look around you. Look at these beautiful mountains. Do you see any parents? I mean can you imagine a more perfect, ripe scenario, just dripping with erotic possibilities? Any of us left alone, if they've laid all the groundwork." Josh chuckles.

I blush, "Maybe."

"So how are we planning on breaking into my parents' lodge, babe?"

"I didn't say I had a plan."

"You sounded like you had a plan. You better deliver, or else..."

"Or else what?"

"You'll have to deal with a bunch of girls with cold buns and a bunch of guys who aren't gettin' laid."

"You're our host so won't you be dealing with that?" Josh shakes his head and I roll my eyes, "Fine..." I look around and find some cabinets, "Hey, what if we use these?"

"Well, well, well. We got ourselves a thinker. Nice one." Josh and I move the cabinet underneath the window. I climb on top of it and balance myself. I open the window and climb inside. Jumping back down to the floor. "Here, use this." Josh throws me a lighter. "Whoa, Elena, I just got an awesome idea."

"Yeah?"

"Totally!"

"What is it?"

"Okay. So. I am PRETTY sure that I've got deodorant in one of the bathrooms... you could use THAT with the LIGHTER..."

"Flamethrower." I nod.

"Yup. Just point the spray-can at the lighter then FWOOSH."

"Bye-bye frozen lock."

"Bingo. Alright, so you got this. I'm gonna go sort something out, you up for hunting around in the dark a little bit?"

"Nope, but i'll do it."

"Good luck. See ya in a bit."

I walk around and see a newspaper fragment, "What's this?"

I look around more and see the Washington family Portrait, "Huh. that's cool"

As I look around more there is a noise, "What the hell was that?" I look around and get to the front door and see Sam and Ashley, I can't pass up the chance to scare them, "WOOOooOOooooOOO!"

Sam jumps and looks inside seeing me, "Hey, Elena. Very funny. Shouldn't you be getting the lock open or something?"

"Yup, sorry." I walk upstairs to Josh's bathroom and get the deodorant and a baby wolverine pops out from the cabinet. "Ahh!" I jump onto the tub, "Son of a... What the fuck! Ahh, perfect." I wait a moment and look around, before climbing down. When I do I make my way to the front door. When I get there I melt the ice on the front door, waiting a minute so it cools down. When I open the door the baby wolverine runs out, "Jeez!"

Sam and Ashley laugh, "What was it?"

"It looked like a wolverine. "

"Aww..." Sam smiles.

The group walks into the cabin and Josh looks around, "Home, Sweet Home."

"Sweet is no the word I'd use." Matt shakes his head looking around.

"It's so good to be inside. Even if it's still kinda freezing in here." Ashley rubs her hands together.

"I'll get a fire going." Josh turns to her.

"This place doesn't look any different." I look around the living room some more.

"Nobody's been up here."

"Even with all the police coming in and out?" Ashley steps up next to me.

I shake my head, "There hasn't been a lot of activity lately."

"Nope."Josh shouts from the other room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 640 17
During the winter of 2014, Gwendolyn Winchester lost her best friend, Beth Washington, and her twin sister, Hannah Washington. Since then, months hav...
29.2K 696 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...
5.1K 128 11
It's been a year since the tragedy at Mount Washington, Danielle Castillo and her friends return to where it all began. This is an Until Dawn fic wi...
2K 70 15
Roslyn Baker was dating the star quarterback, Matt Taylor, when they decided to join their friends on their yearly winter getaway. When things begin...