Bite Me

By StephiBubs

This is the story of Katra Carter and Eric Saunders. Katra is at a club with her friends when she sees Eric... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter One

177 1 0
By StephiBubs

 Chapter One: The Club

                "Kendra!" I called as I threw laundry, blankets, and pillows over my shoulder. I sighed. Where are my keys? I need to get going.

                "Yes?" she said in a bored tone as she came through my bedroom door.

                I glanced up and just stared for a second. Kendra is my identical twin sister. While we have the same face, curvy body, and topped out at five foot six inches in height, we couldn't look more different.

                She was more preppy with her clothes where as I'm more tomboyish. Like now, she wore a white baby doll shirt over a lacy pink undershirt that hugged her curves with the hem hanging about two inches above the waistband of her mini skirt and ended her outfit with pink heels; her make-up and hair was perfect. I, on the other hand, am wearing a semi loose purple tank top with black skinny jeans and ended my outfit with a pair of purple high top Converse; my hair was slightly disheveled and no matter how hard I try, my eyeliner always ends up smudged at the corners.

                I chuckled and inwardly shook my head. "Do you know where my keys are? You drove the car last and I need to meet the girls at the club soon."

                She contemplated for a minute with a thoughtful expression on her face. "I gave them back to you. I remember because you were cooking my favorite meal for dinner when I walked in. I handed them right to-" she cut herself off and thought it through a few more seconds. "Wait. You're right, they're in my purse. Give me a minute." She turned on her heel and walked down back to her room only to return a few seconds later and tossed the keys to me.

                I caught them easily one-handed. "You know for a brunette you can be very blond."

               "Well, dear sister, even I'm not perfect," she said me with a wink. "And I have to keep you on your toes don't I?" With a flip of her hair she went back to finish getting ready for the date she had with Nathan, her boyfriend.

                There are times where I wish I was more like Kendra when it came to guys. I just don't have the confidence that she does; I feel like I always say the wrong thing or act awkward whenever I'm around guys. The cuter the guy the more awkward I act. That or guys are intimidated by a girl whose smarter than them. Oh, well. I'm not one of those girls that needs a guy to be happy.

                 I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. I should have been half way to the club by now, but I couldn't leave until Kendra did.

                 I walked the few steps down the hall that was between mine and her rooms. "Kennie?" She looked at my reflection in her mirror, not faltering in putting her lip gloss on. "When is Nathan coming to pick you up?"

                 Finished with applying the gloss she sighed and turned to face me. "Don't worry Kat. He'll be here in about five minutes. We're just going to dinner and the movies. We're not going to have sex." Leave it to Kendra to be blunt.

                 "Did anything related to your sex life come out of my mouth? I was just asking because I need to go. I'm already late." Not a total lie. I was waiting for her to go. But I didn't want them here alone, in our condo (compliments of Mom and Dad after they won the lottery a few years ago).

                  Mom wanted me to look out for Kendra even though we're the same age (I'm four minutes older); she trusts me more because I've always been the responsible one while Kennie's been the trouble maker (since birth). But I'm not naive, I know they're having sex; kind of hard not to know with her being a screamer. I don't think she knew I was home that night though.

                   "I know you, Kat. You worry about me too much. Why can't you trust me?" She asked with a sad hopeful expression.

                   "Because I've known you since we were in the womb and know what you're like, so I'm staying till you leave." I turned back towards my room but stopped as a thought occurred to me. "By the way I might come home early, might not, so if I find Nathan here he'll be singing soprano,." I said with an evil laugh. With a last glance at her face, which was priceless, I went back to my room to grab my purse and phone.

                   I was kidding whenever I threatened Nathan. If she was happy then I was happy. I'd only hurt him if he ever broke Kendra's heart. I just like seeing her reactions to my threats. She should be grateful I don't say threaten him to his face.

                   The doorbell rang just as I grabbed my purse. "I got it Kat," Kendra said as she walked past my room. I bet you do, I thought as I followed to see her open the front door with a smile.

                   "Hey baby. You look beautiful," Nathan said as he stepped inside and handed Kendra a bouquet of white roses, her favorite. He kissed her cheek "You ready to go? We have a reservation at nine."

                    "Yeah, just let me get my purse." She hurried to her room, giving me a look as she past me that clearly said, Go away before you embarrass me.

                    I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

                    I walked back to my room to get my own purse as I waited for them to leave. I grabbed my phone off my bed and saw I had five new texts from my best friend Sky.

Sky text: Hey can't wait to see u! When do u think ull get to the club?

Sky text: U here?

Sky text: Kat?

Sky text: Hellooooooo???

Sky text: Where u at kitty Kat?! (hehe that rhymed...)

I rolled my eyes at the amount of texts but chuckled at the last one.

My text: Haha had 2 wait till Kennie left

Sky text: K well hurry up! Call when u get here

My text: Will do. Leaving now. See u in a few.

                    I locked my iPhone, grabbed my purse and keys, and locked the front door as I left before walking to my blood red '68 Shelby Mustang convertible (another gift from the parents. Kennie had a blue '67 Camero). I got in and put the keys in the ignition. It roared, like a lion, to life. God, I'll never get tired of that sound. My heart beat sped up in excitement every time I hear it.

                     It didn't take me long to get to the club where I was meeting the girls. As I looked for a parking spot I called Sky. "Hey, I'm here. I'm parking now."

                     I could hear the smile in her voice. "Okay, we'll meet you inside the door." She hung up and I put the phone in my pocket.

                     I quickly parked and shut the engine off as I got out, with my purse in hand and walked the short distance from the parking garage to the club across the street from it.

                     It was a dancing club, of course. Ever since we met as kids we loved to dance. After high school I stayed local and went to a community college while the other four were accepted by four separate colleges hundreds of miles apart but we always kept in touch. Tonight was a homecoming of sorts because the gang is back together; we're finally done with college and back home.

                      I paid the small fee to get in and was tackled in a tight hug by all four of them. I haven't seen them in weeks so I hugged them back just as tight. "I've missed you guys so much!"

                      They haven't changed much since I saw them last, over Christmas break but they look great. Sky, the only blond, is the tallest and statuesque with green eyes. Elli is the shortest, with brown eyes and brown hair that ended at her chin and she has a great tan now from the SoCal sun. Sabrina, the red-head, is pale, like most red-heads, and has blue eyes. And finally, Aubrey's half African American and half Mexican, has black hair and brown eyes; she and Sabrina are the same height, in between Sky and Elli.

                      "College was so boring without my girls there," Elli said as she pulled back. She just graduated from UC San Diego.

                      "Seriously!" Sky said emphatically. "They're were so many stuck up bitches whose Daddy's paid to get them into Dartmouth."

                      Aubrey gave an unladylike snort. "'Cause that's so different from high school right?" She graduated from Florida State.

                      "College is just high school with older kids and teachers don't care if you show up or not," Sabrina said. She graduated from NYU.

                     "I'm just glad you're all back. This town hasn't been the same without you guys. Now, I think we all need to get out on that floor and dance our asses off. Where'd you put your stuff?"

                       Less than five minutes later we were on the dance floor. Whenever all of us dance together we start a ho-train (which is just all of us in a line dancing all up on each other). For some reason it made dancing more fun for us, especially if some hot guys squeeze in and dance with us.

                        It didn't take long for guys to notice us. I don't think any guy could resist a ho-train that consisted of five hot women. Not that I blame them. Girls can't resist hot guys that can dance. And these guys that joined us can dance.

                        Especially Sky's partner. Damn, that lucky bitch. Not that my partner was bad but hers was really hot. I looked up at his face and turned bright red as I saw he caught me staring. I quickly looked away and tried to lose myself in the music and not his gaze.

                      "Mind if I cut in Cris?" I heard a few moments later

                       I glanced up at the masculine voice up and just barely managed to keep my jaw from dropping. It was Sky's partner. I looked back at her and found she wasn't wearing a scowl; she was still dancing, and i knew it wouldn't be long before another guy asks to dance.

                        The guy I was currently dancing with, Cris, looked own at me. "Do you want to dance with him?"

                        Awe, he's sweet. Too bad I was interested in his friend. "Um... Sure. I'll try to save a dance for you later on."

                        He smiled at me and went off to go find another partner. Most likely Sky.

                       And of course a slow song came on right when Mr. Hottie stepped closer and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm Eric."

                       I wrapped my hands around his broad shoulders. "Katra. Nice to meet you." His arms felt really good around me. He felt muscular but not overly muscular which was perfect. I wonder if he has a six-pack... 

                        "How old are you Katra?" He asked as we started swaying to the music. He had a slight accent that I couldn't place.

                       "I just turned twenty-three last week," I said looking up him. He was about a foot taller than me. Perfect height if you ask me. "And yourself?"

                        He smiled back at me making my pulse start racing. God, he had a gorgeous smile that made his blue eyes twinkle. "I'll be twenty-five in a few weeks."

                         It took me a few seconds to stop drooling all over him. Just kidding. Mostly... "That's exciting. If I don't see you after this then happy birthday, Eric."

                         His eyes shined with mischief as he smile widened. "Don't I get a birthday kiss?" he asked leaning down.

                         I was barely able to make myself lean back just before his lips touched mine. Those full lips looked so kissable and he's so hot. His looks were everything I found attractive; tall, black hair, bright blue eyes, tan, and well built. The only thing stopping me from accepting his kiss was that fact that we just met. "Sorry to disappoint you Eric but I don't kiss people I barely know. Maybe later though."

                         "What do you want to know about me?" he asked with a crooked smile. "I'm an open book."

                        I somehow doubt that. Just as I opened my mouth to speak techno music blasted out of the huge speakers by the DJ.

                         "Let's go to the lounge area," he suggested as he started pulling me in that direction. "It's quieter and cooler there."

                          I do want to get to know him... "Okay, sure. I'll meet you over there; I'm going to let my friends know where I'll be."

                         "Sounds good, I'll see you in a few. Do you want a drink?" He asked walking backwards.

                         I would kill for a gin and tonic but Mom always told me not to leave my drinks unattended... "I'll order something when I get there."

                         He chuckled. "I wouldn't put anything in your drink if that's what you're thinking. I'm not desperate enough to stoop that low. But if it will make you more comfortable then okay." With that he turned and walked towards the lounge.

                         Oh, he's good... I waited until he was swallowed into the crowd before I walked towards my friends. I was a little surprised that they were still dancing with the same guys. "Well girls, it looks like you're having fun," I said then gave the guys a quick pointed look that they thankfully didn't notice.

                         With a laugh Sky broke away from the guy she was dancing with, I wasn't surprised to see that it was Cris, and came towards me. "You know us Kat. They're hot and can dance. Way better than anyone else here. So we're just going to stick with them tonight."

                         "Until you get bored you mean."

                          She rolled her eyes at me. "I don't know. Cris is pretty interesting."

                          I smiled. "Well, that's good. So I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to go in the lounge and talk with Eric." My smile turned shy. "He's pretty interesting too."

                         "Go on then!" She spun me around and gave me a push. "Have fun Kitty Kat. And don't worry, I'm too busy dancing my ass off to come spy on you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
Immortal Love By Jay

Teen Fiction

1.7K 84 42
*Sequel to The Runaway. You don't have to read that book to understand this one.* Skylar Perez is a loud and social girl. Ever since she was small sh...
43 0 6
Vampire meets werewolf - is it love at first bite? Once a notorious vampire, Carrie has given up blood to live in peace. Until one night, she finds...
28.7K 907 49
"This is how it should be, I belonged in his arms and he in mine." Rose Lockheart is the only one of her kind, that she knows of anyway. She isn't h...