Just a little Sweet

By swettyslove

Betty and her twin brother Sweet Pea, live alone in the small town of Riverde. Their parents were unfortunate... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 24

1.5K 73 35
By swettyslove

Please make sure to vote on every chapter! ❤️👍🏻

Betty POV:

I woke up at about 12:48 pm and saw that I was still wrapped in Sweet Pea's arms and he was sleeping peacefully.

I picked up my phone and saw I had some messages from my friends. I told them I was just sick. I wasn't ready to tell them yet.

I didn't know how they would react, would they think of me any differently?

I wanted Sweet Pea to wake up so I began shaking him. He let out a loud groan.

Sweet Pea: Betty please get some more rest. He said softly.
Betty: but Pea- I said before he rolled over to the other side so he wasn't facing me anymore.
Sweet Pea: just a little longer. He said.

I decided to let him have his way since he's been doing everything for me lately.

I feel like I'm doing better but I've done nothing to challenge myself or test that it's true. I've only been around Sweet Pea and dad, I trust them with anything and everything.

It plays on my mind majority of the day. The guy I thought I loved tried to rape me. What did I do to deserve it?

I did my absolute best to make him happy, we were happy. Any time we spent together we were always laughing or cuddling. He was so sweet and charming. The way he looked at me was always so intense but calming. I thought he loved me.

I felt a small tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away so Sweet Pea wouldn't see it.

I feel so dumb and humiliated for trusting Sebastian. I was with him for over a month. How could I have not of seen what he was planning to do?

How could I be so blind?

As I layed next to my brother, thoughts on how dumb I was flooded my mind.

Soon Sweet Pea got up and headed into his room and I stay in my mine to get changed.

Being alone in my room or any room for that matter always leaves me feeling scared and paranoid. Any noise I hear scares me to the point of tears.

I don't feel safe when I'm alone.

I put on the first things I saw and walked downstairs, not wanting to be alone for any longer.

Sweet Pea: since it's lunch, what would you like? He asked while checking his phone.
Betty: Pops? I asked.

I knew Sweet Pea couldn't cook and we hadn't had Pops for a while.

Sweet Pea: sure, do you want to come with me or stay home? He asked while looking at me.

I let out a sigh. I didn't really want to leave the house. I feel like people would be able to read my mind. That they would be able to see that I was the girl that almost go raped.

Sweet Pea: hey, it's okay, you can stay here. He said softly.

Again, I'd be way to paranoid to stay here. I can barely contain my tears when Sweet Pea is one room away. Being along in the house, I couldn't do it.

Betty: I'll come. I said as we walked to my car.

We got into the car and I decided to make him drive.

The drive was peaceful and calm. This is the first time I've been out of the house after everything relating to Sebastian happened. My home become my safe place, Sweet Pea was my safe place.

We arrived at Pops and we ordered some food to take home since I wanted to eat at home. I'm taking everything in slow steps.

As we waited for our food I noticed Sweet Pea was acting a little off but I decided to ignore it as he's probably just stressing over everything.

We were probably at Pops for only about ten minutes but I felt like everyone was looking at me and judging me. I stepped a little closer to Sweet Pea just so I could block more people out.

Sweet Pea tried talking about a topic I liked but I wasn't able to keep my mind focused. It always went back to that horrible night. The seemingly innocent night that I went to visit my- my then boyfriend who I'm not even going to mention his name, he doesn't get that.

Pop soon thankfully handed us our food and we headed back home.

The drive home was quick and we practically raced through the door because we were so hungry, or in my case, I just wanted to hide away from every possible human being that isn't family.

We put all the food on the table and began eating. Like usual Sweet Pea's manners were absolutely disgusting but I dealt with it.

A couple minutes after we started eating, the dogs began looming around the table, obviously wanting some food. I gave them a couple fries each and when I turned back to my food I saw Sweet Pea in the middle of taking my food. I raised my eyebrow at him.

Sweet Pea: what? You can share with the dogs but not your human twin brother? He said making me laugh. That's the first time I've laughed since what happened.

I'm pretty sure he's been stealing food from me since we were in the womb.

I'm glad he's still being aware around me but isn't treating me like I'm completely broken.

Remembering that Sebastian did try that on me hurts. But I can't let him define me. Saying that is much easier then done unfortunately. I can't let him have this power over me.

We finished off our food and we sat in the lounge, just to talk.

Sweet Pea: you seem like you're slowly getting back up. He noted.

I thought about what he said and he's definitely not wrong.

I've been spending my time with the guy I should have the whole time, Sweet Pea. This Sebastian situation terrified me but having Sweet Pea by my side and him making sure I'm safe has helped me a drastic amount. I trust Sweet Pea with everything, I know he'd never hurt me.

I'm definitely still working on getting over what Sebastian tried to do to me but I feel like I'm getting there. At the end of the day I only have Sweet Pea to thank for that.

Betty: I am, thanks to you. I said while embracing him in a tight hug.

Sweet Pea makes me feel safe.

Sweet Pea: I'm always here for you. He said and I nodded my head.

Betty: can we make a deal? I asked while looking up to face him.
Sweet Pea: what type of deal? He questioned me.
Betty: that we start listening to each other from now on. Clearly we can't do things for ourselves. I said with a sigh.
Betty: you ended up with Veronica and I ended up with. I took a deep breath as I was about to say my next word. He noticed and squeezed my shoulder supportively.
Betty: and I ended up with Sebastian. We both hated the other person from the beginning. I said.
Sweet Pea: so basically if I say that I hate your next boyfriend you'll dump him? He questioned with a smirk. I roll my eyes playfully.

I know exactly what my brother is thinking right now. He'll say he hates every guy I even look at.

Betty: as long as you aren't saying you hate every guy I look at, yes. I said while looking up to him.
Sweet Pea: deal, and same goes for you but with girls. He said making me laugh.
Betty: excuse me, I'm civil and protective in a normal way. You're like over protective times ten. He lets out a laugh.
Sweet Pea: you're my sister, of course I am. What type of brother would I be if didn't? He said.
Betty: honestly you would be like Jughead. I said making him laugh and me smile.

Jellybean and Jughead couldn't get along to save their lives. The nicest thing I've ever seen from Jellybean was when she punched Jughead and said it could have been worse, she could have kicked him. Jughead on the other hand tries his best to completely ignore her existence.

I don't know how they do it, I could never be like that around Sweet Pea. I love and respect Sweet Pea so much. I could never do anything to intentionally hurt him.

Betty: also another deal, we will never end up like Jughead and Jellybean. I said. He chuckled.
Sweet Pea: deal but I doubt we'd ever end up like them. We actually care about each other where as I'm sure one day one of them is gonna kill the other. I also have a feeling it's going to be Jellybean who kills Jughead. He says.
Sweet Pea: and plus, the only reason we've been fighting recently is because of dating. Now that I get to accept or reject anyone we'll be fine. He said. I rested my head on his shoulder.

He's probably right. Before I started dating Sebastian and Sweet Pea got together with Veronica, we were fine. We barely argued but when they came into the question everything went wrong so fast. We were both in toxic relationships.

Betty: I don't want a relationship to ever effect us again. I hate fighting with you.

I say while looking up to him sadly. I needed a hug and he knew it. He wrapped his arms around me and help me tight.

Sweet Pea: It won't, I hated arguing with you as well. He said with a sigh.
Betty: from now on you need to listen to your older sister. I say with a giggle. He shakes his head playfully.
Sweet Pea: you realise you're only a minute older, it means nothing. He said.
Betty: it means a lot. That one minute is life experience that I've had more then you of. I say. He rolls his eyes.
Sweet Pea: and during that one minute what did you learn? He asked while raising an eyebrow.
Betty: well I learnt what light was, what our parents looked like- He cut me off.
Sweet Pea: so everything I learned? He said with a smirk.
Betty: shut up. I said. He let out a laugh.
Sweet Pea: you're stupid. He said in a soft way and placed a kiss on my head.
Betty: I love you so much. I said as I hugged him and held him as close to me as possible.

I need my brother more than anything or anyone. These past couple months we've been up and down, but at the end of the day we'll always be there for each other.

I absolutely love him the most when he's extremely soft with me. I like when he hugs me and whispers sweet comforting things to me. I like when he kisses my head and how he knows whenever I need him and what I need from him.

Sweet Pea: so sappy. He said with a smirk. I gave him a pout and he softened.
Sweet Pea: I love you too, always and no matter what. He said.
Betty: Always and no matter what. I repeated quietly into his chest.

Sweet Pea POV:

This morning when I went to my room so I could get changed I noticed a text from Jughead. We ended up having a small conversation.

( Jughead and Sweet Pea's messages )

Hey dude. Are you and Betty coming to school today?

Nah, we're probably having the rest of the week off.

Is everything okay?

Somethings going on with Betty, it's not my place to say but she needs me right now.

Okay dude, good luck

Thanks

( end of messages )

I'm glad he understood not to press any further.

Betty soon walked out of her room and she decided she wanted to go to Pops. I was proud of her for wanting to go out of the house, but I also knew it would be hard for her.

When we arrived at the dinner I ordered our food and payed for it.

As we waited we were talking. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone was looking at us. I moved my eyes to them, you have got to be kidding me. Sebastian.

What the hell is he doing here?

I want to report him so badly, but I feel like I would be going behind Betty's back and that's the last thing I want to do right now. I'm the only person she trusts one hundred percent right now and I don't want to do anything to make her feel like she can't rely on me.

As soon as I saw him I made it my goal for Betty to not turn around, otherwise it would ruin all the progress she's made so far.

I have no idea how school is going to be when we go back. Unfortunately we'll have to return next week and he'll be there since Betty didn't feel comfortable reporting him.

I want her to report him so bad so he can get locked up and so Betty can feel safe again. Seeing her this vulnerable because of him makes me wish I killed him when I had the chance.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard the sound of Pops voice telling us our food was ready. I quickly picked it up and we walked to the car, thankfully she didn't see him.

We arrived home and ate peacefully.

We soon went to the couch where we probably had the most realist conversation in months.

We've both been assholes to each other and we wanted to put an end to it. It's amazing how we changed so much because of the toxic relationships that we got ourselves involved in.

Me and Betty clearly only know what's best for each other, not ourselves. She warned me about Veronica and I warned her about Sebastian. In both cases we didn't listen to each other and we ended up fighting.

We continued talking and being truly open and honest with each other for once. It felt good that I have my big sister, allegedly, back.

It was about 5 pm and we heard the door open. I instantly felt as Betty's grip tightened around me. We both turned our heads and saw that it was dad. When she realized it was only dad she let go. As he entered the room, we were arguing over who is the better twin.

I decided not to bring up what just happened mainly because I don't think she wants to talk about it yet.

Betty: okay dad, answer fairly. Who's the better twin? She said with a smile that she uses to get her way.

I put my hand over her face.

Sweet Pea: Nope, that's cheating. I said and she laughed.
Hal: and this is what you guys do when you're alone? He asked. Me and Betty let out laugh. Dad let out a chuckle and sat down with us for a little while.

He soon got up again so he could make dinner. Betty and I remained on the couch as we talked about the most stupidest of things.

Her head was resting on my chest and my hand was playing with her hair as we heard dad yell out that dinner was ready.

Betty: carry me. She begged demandingly.
Sweet Pea: anything else your majesty? I asked while raising and eyebrow and standing up.
Betty: that should be all for now. She said with a giggle as she jumped onto my back.
Sweet Pea: great, for now. I mumbled sarcastically. She let out a laugh as we walked into the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and when dad saw me giving her a piggyback he let out a laugh.

Hal: what are you two doing? He asked as I set her down in her chair.
Sweet Pea: she made me carry her. I said while taking a seat next to Betty.
Hal: you could've just said no. I let out a laugh.

Does he know nothing about his daughter?

Sweet Pea: when she wants something, no isn't in her vocabulary. I said and she giggled.

We ate dinner and made normal conversation compared to the others we have had throughout the day.

It soon came time to where we were all getting tired and decided to head to bed. Like yesterday night she asked me to stay with her. I obviously agreed but I thought she was doing better, although I had a feeling she might be paranoid. Based of what I had seen from her today, she was showing signs of paranoia.

I got changed in my room and headed up to hers. She was already laying under the covers. I got in next to her and like a magnet, her body attached to mine.

Sweet Pea: can I ask you something? I asked as she began to play with my hair. She nodded her head.
Sweet Pea: I obviously don't mind staying here with you but how come you need me here? I thought you were doing a bit better. I said softly and supportively.
Betty: I am doing better but when ever I hear a sound or anything it freaks me out and my mind starts racing, thinking that h-he's here o-or something. She said shakily and held on tighter to me. I wrapped my arms around her and placed a kiss on her head.

After what she said I can definitely see where she's coming from and I feel so stupid for asking.

Sweet Pea: everything will be alright. I said softly as I rubbed her arm supportively.

For the next half an hour it was spent with me comforting her and whispering sweet little sentences of encouragement.

Sweet Pea: you need your rest, good night Betts. I said as she let out a yawn.
Betty: good night Pea. She said as she rested her head on her pillow.

Betty POV:

It's currently Sunday, 6:30 pm. It's the day before I go back to school. I've had a whole week off and I can't keep hiding at home.

I've been making a little progress so far. I mean it's still a bit hard for me going out of the house but I'm trying my best.

I decided that before I went to school I needed to speak to Reggie, Archie and Kevin. I know I don't need to tell them anything but I feel comfortable in them knowing why I've been away and why I might be a little on edge. I also know the guys will be really supportive and make sure they're there for me whenever I may need them.

We agreed to meet at Pops at 6:45 pm. I picked up my keys and was saying goodbye to Sweet Pea.

Sweet Pea: you going to be okay? He asked as he embraced me in a hug.
Betty: I think I will be. I said with a small smile. He gave me a smile and I headed out to my car.

The drive was short and peaceful. My radio was low as I watched the tress around me fly by so fast.

I soon arrived at the small, beautiful diner that I've been going to since I was a kid.

I walked into the warm, burger smelling dinner and saw Reggie, Archie and Kevin all sitting at a booth.

I walked up to them and took a seat next to Archie. They had already ordered me my favourite chocolate milkshake.

We made a bit of small talk as I slowly eased myself into telling them.

I can do this.

As I told them, there once calm and happy faces turned to pure rage.

There was multiple times where I thought I was going to break down into tears but I stayed strong and told them the truth.

For a minute after I had said everything it was pure silence, they were all taking it in. I knew when I called them to meet up they weren't expecting something or anything at all like this.

Archie: how have you been coping? He asked breaking the silence and trying to hug me.

As soon as his hand touched me I flinched.

Betty: I-I'm sorry I said shakily. He removed his hand.
Archie: it's okay. He said softly.

I tried to forget what just happened and decided to answer his question.

Betty: the first couple days I was a complete mess. But I've slowly started to, well, I don't know, but I'm getting there and trying to get him out of my mind. But Sweet Pea has been helping me a lot. I say honestly. They all nodded theirs head.

I wish I could say I'm going back to normal. I'm going back to my new normal. No matter how hard I try to forget about what happened, the truth is this will live with me for the rest of my life. I have to make the decision to move on from this, over time, and not let this horrible situation define me. Because I know I am more then that.

The guys mainly asked in a hundred different ways if I was okay, Kevin even offered to team up with Sweet Pea to kill Sebastian.

It started getting late so we all headed home.

I arrived home and walked in, I saw Sweet Pea sitting in the lounge and I assumed dad was in bed since he had to head to the Wyrm early tomorrow.

Sweet Pea: how did it go? He asked as I rested my head in his lap.
Betty: it went okay. I said. He nodded his head.
Sweet Pea: tired? He asked and I nodded my head.
Betty: stay with me? I asked and he nodded his head.

I stood up and walked into my room. I quickly changed into my pyjamas and went under the covers.

I heard the sound of the floor boards creak and it made me jump a little. I let out a sigh as when I turned my head know one was there.

I hate this.

I hate being so paranoid that every sound I hear scares me half to death. I hate that every time I hear a noise I immediately panic. I hate that I can't be fully happy as long as Sebastian is here. I want him to get locked up so badly but I can't. I just can't report him.

It was scary enough for me to tell dad, but to tell a complete stranger is even worse.

I want to, but I can't.

Sweet Pea: Betty? He said while waving his hand in front of me.
Betty: uh, yeah? I asked. I had completely blanked out.
Sweet Pea: what's up? He asked worriedly.

I sat up next to him and told him what I had been telling myself. As usual, tears ran down my cheeks although I told myself I wouldn't cry over him at Pops. I guess this is the new normal I was talking about.

Sweet Pea patiently listened to me as I told him everything, whilst crying all over him. Once I was finished he told me it was fine to feel like this and over time everything will start to feel a bit better, and that he'd always be here for me.

I don't know why I got him as my brother but I couldn't be anymore luckier and grateful. He's the most kindest and loving person who's ever been in my life. Even when he was angry at me he would make sure that I'm fine. That was clearly proven the night that he saved me.

He's always been my knight in shining armor. He's never failed to put me before himself.

Sweet Pea: you know sometimes I wish I could wrap you up in bubble wrap and send you somewhere safe. He said only half jokingly as he wiped away my tears. A small smile managed to form on my lips.
Betty: would you come with me? I asked hypothetically.
Sweet Pea: definitely. He said.
Betty: it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I said making us both smile.

We stayed up a little longer as he continued to calm me down.

We were now laying down and I attached myself to him like every night. I feel the most safest when I'm with him.

Betty: good night Swetty. I whispered softly.
Sweet Pea: good night Betts. He said.

After he said that, that was the last thing I heard as I instantly fell asleep.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow, I really need it too.

A/N
I know I'm spending a lot of time on Betty working her way back to her 'new normal' but this is because it's a serious topic that I feel a lot of fan fictions don't cover well. They don't really describe how the person deals with everything. ( not shading anyone at all and I'm probably doing no better then anyone else. )
Sweet Pea being the most supportive brother ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
122K 5.1K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
4.2K 119 15
The East High Drama club gets a very special invite to visit the most magical place on earth: Disney World. This is my first story that I've written...
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...