dilatory | na jaemin

By etherealmark

i've always loved you. right from the very beginning, but it took you so long to know that. -lower case inten... More

author's note
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
closing remarks

five

2.5K 90 69
By etherealmark

the boys decided to have a basketball match for fun. and jaemin forced me to watch. it wasn't that bad since yoojin was with me.

it was chenle, renjun, jeno and mark against jisung, haechan and jaemin. jaemin and mark being the captains. the score was 26 to 18 and mark's team was winning.

jaemin looked frustrated, he had this look on his eyes of desperation to win.

the ball was being passed around mark's team but before they could shoot, jaemin grabbed the ball and bounced it all the way to the other side of the court.

he then shot the ball in as jisung and haechan shout in victory. yoojin also celebrated, i smiled.

he looked at me and winked. first, weird skinship and now, winking? jaemin can you tell me what's up. what a flirt.

i rolled my eyes as i chuckle. the more you do this, i'll fall in love with you even more you idiot.

"can you believe him?" i mutter to myself.

the game finally ended. i stood up and gestures yoojin to stand up as well to leave the bleachers. but she didn't look so good, her face was pale and she wasn't as cheerful as usual.

"are you okay yoojin?" i sit down again.

"yeah.. i'm okay... just a minor headache," she said weakly.

i put my hand up to touch her forehead, "yah! your forehead is burning! you have a fever!"

first jaemin, now yoojin? wow, they're really made for each other. okay, jokes aside.

i called the boys to come where yoojin and i were, "she has a fever so i'll just take her to the infirmary."

"i can carry her," jeno requested. i nod while he carries her bridal style.

we were about leave when jaemin interrupted us, "wait, i'll come along."

he joins us as we leave the basketball court.

***

3rd person p.o.v

the three had already missed out on a class and were soon to head back. jeno and jaemin were talking, waiting a few more minutes for yoojin to wake up.

yeseul sat outside and sat on a bench. she was deep in thoughts. she had to stay away from jaemin, how else would yoojin get him if she always stole him away from her.

yes she admitted that she really liked him, but she felt guilty, from all these things she'd done with jaemin. it was bad timing, since she started to fall deeply in love with him. but she's working on it to make that love for him gone.

the bell rang which signaled to go to another class. the nurse told them to come back when school finishes. they all went to their respective classes.

yeseul was glad she didn't have jaemin in this class with her. she was officially going to avoid him until yoojin and him become a thing.

she was sitting at the back. head down, not feeling like paying attention to class today. she had this feeling in her stomach which made her feel sick mentally.

she was disappointed and mad at herself. and that thought of hers couldn't leave her mind the whole hour.

once the bell rang, she instantly went to yoojin. she came in to see that she was finally awake.

"feeling better?" yeseul hugged her.

yoojin nods smiling, "i'm free to go now."

they both leave the school building.

"don't get sick again like this, it makes me feel horrible okay? and a day before your birthday? that's the worst," she nags at her before she leaves to get in her car.

yeseul waves goodbye and started walking home. thunder roared, she look up to the sky. seems like the sky decided to match her feelings today.

she suddenly feels droplets of water fall on her hair. the droplets fall quicker, soon raining.

the girl takes off the extra jacket she wore and put it over her. she continues to walk until she felt no more rain pouring on her.

"you really could use an umbrella you know?" the voice yeseul had to stay away from was right next to her.

"i'm fine jaemin, i don't need your assistance," she jogs ahead of him.

he catches up with her, "but i just wanted to help, can i not help you?"

"yes jaemin, you can't help me, just leave me alone," she coldly says before leaving him there.

drenched from head to toe, yeseul was at her front doorstep and couldn't help but cry.

love just hurts me.

she crouches down, crying even harder. suddenly felt a pair of arms hug her. she looks up to see junyeong.

the poor girl wipes her tears.

"why are you crying noona? tell me who hurt you! i will hurt them!" he exclaims.

jaemin hurt me. it was his fault i fell in love with him.

"no, no it's ok, no one hurt me okay, i'm just very tired," she softly says back.

they both go in the house and she straight away took a shower. she made sure to close the blinds for her window.

she had to avoid him. no matter what.

***

yeseul's p.o.v

the rain had stopped and the sun had come back. junyeong was hungry for ice cream and wanted to go out. as his older sister, i had to supervise him.

we were out at the park, junyeong running around.

"be careful please!" i say worried.

junyeong is a clumsy boy, his hyper ness can lead to minor injuries. i look at him from behind since he was way ahead of me, i was just walking.

"noona noona! there's a rainbow!" he says in excitement. i chuckled and ruffled his hair.

i catch up to him as we order at an ice cream stand. junyeong got chocolate while i got vanilla, vanilla will always be the superior flavour.

i hold junyeong's hand as we walk around the grassy park. many kids were playing around, most of them at a playground.

"can i please play at the playground?" he pleaded.

"once you finish your ice cream," i answer.

he quickly, but not too quickly, eats his ice cream. junyeong can be really cute at times, but he can also be an annoying little devil.

"i'm done! so let's go noww," he whines.

"alright alright, i'll watch from the bench," i smile.

he drags me to the playground as i soon sit on a bench. i take my phone out from the pocket of my hoodie to quickly check the time. 5:41pm

i noticed i had 5 missed calls from jeno. i call him.

"why'd you call me jeno?"

"don't you remember? you're
helping me with getting yoojin?"

"oh gosh, i'm extremely sorry, i'd completely forgotten, are you free now?"

"yeah,"
"i'm at a park, i'll send
you the address and we can discuss it here,"

"cool, bye bye yeseul,"

"bye no-jam,"

i end the call before he could say anything back as i laughed.

i looked for junyeong to see if he was doing fine and he was going down a slide.

i observe my surroundings to stop when i saw a silhouette of a boy standing near a tree, he was looking out ahead.

and, he was holding a cigarette.

i wish i could stop you jaemin. from smoking that horrible drug. i've noticed you haven't been smoking ever since the start of this week.

was i the reason that you perhaps stopped? nah, that can't be right. but if i really was the reason, then i'm thankful you stopped for that period of time.

i hadn't realised i was staring at you for too long that we had eye contact.

i looked away as fast as possible. then i felt a tap on my shoulder. i see jeno.

i wave to him hi as he does the same. i motion him to sit down on the bench with me.

"so, when are you planning to confess?" i ask.

"maybe on her birthday? somewhere around that, i want her to be mine," he answers, saying the last part quietly.

"wahh, you're really desperate aren't you," i tease.

"i shouldn't have said that, i'm embarrassed now," he covers his face.

"so you're going to play the guitar for her, give a necklace and finally your confession? seems pretty good to me," i say.

"in all honesty, i'm super nervous," he says in a worried tone.

"you're going to be fine," i reply.

he pats my head, showing his killer eyesmile, "thank you."

"by the way, is yoojin okay now? i was so worried when she had caught a fever," he frowned.

"yeah, she's fine now, she's just resting," i say to reassure him.

i then head cries, which sounded like it was coming from junyeong. i didn't exactly pay too much attention on him. what a bad sister i am.

i run to him and help him out of the playground. he had grazed his knee. see what i mean by clumsy? junyeong couldn't stop crying as i kneel down to his level and hugged him while patting his back.

"i'll take you guys home, it's already quite dark now," i nod as the we go home.

jeno carried junyeong on his back the whole time we were in our way back since he couldn't walk properly, feeling the pain everytime he'd walk so jeno offered to carry him.

a/n: damn this a long chapter, i didn't mean it skdjdj, anyways i think this book is too over dramatic lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 181 5
Harry no cree que exista el amor, al menos no para Γ©l. Louis estΓ‘ dispuesto a demostrarle que no existen diferencias entre dos personas que se aman.
90.1K 3.7K 25
" and you need to know that you keep me up all night." _____ - na jaemin, nct - lowercase intended Β©stfuhy...
194K 6.7K 41
start again, from the beginning, of how we came to be and how we fell into this hurricane of love Β©lovejaemins
1.3M 38.3K 67
"I'm not the kind of person you can play with." A story of a cold-hearted and vicious mafia boss who finally meet his soulmate. Will he change and op...