𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐲𝐬�...

By kyrieswriting

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* steve harrington after a night of drinking and swimming around in a cold pool on a fall night, ic... More

I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!
PART ONE.
i. THE INVITATION
ii. THE GET-TOGETHER
iii. THE CONFRONTATION
iv. THIRD-WHEELING
v. THE CONFESSION
vi. THE CHANGE
vii. THE FIGHTING
viii. SENSORY DEPRIVATION
ix. THE PLAN
x. A MONTH LATER
PART TWO.
i. THE NEW GUY
ii. BE HONEST
iii. THE SONG
iv. THE BAT
v. THE JUNKYARD
vii. THE MIND FLAYER
viii. HEEBIE-JEEBIES
ix. THE PLAN 2.0
x. BACK TO NORMAL
PART THREE.
i. SIX MONTHS
ii. BEST FRIEND
iii. AMERICAN HEROES
iv. EVIL RUSSIANS
v. SECRET SPY CODE
vi. BETRAYED ME
vii. AIR DUCTS
viii. FREE ICE CREAM
ix. OTHER SIDE
x. IDEAL SUMMER
xi. IT'S CLOSE
xii. WON A FIGHT
xiii. FULL OF SHIT
xiv. I'M YOUR IDIOT
xv. THE DRUG
xvi. INDY 500
xvii. IN LOVE
xviii. SUPERPOWERS
xix. JUST THE FACTS
xx. TODDFATHER
xxi. TOO MUCH
xxii. GOODBYE
BONUS CHAPTER
PART FOUR.
i. SPRING BREAK.
ii. STAY THE NIGHT.
iii. BE MY DATE.
iv. WATCH A MOVIE.
v. TALK TO YOU.
vi. FAMILY VIDEO.
vii. LOOK PRETTY.
viii. REEFER RICK.
ix. WITHDRAWALS.
x. I LOVE YOU.

vi. DEMO-DOGS

4.8K 199 51
By kyrieswriting

AS STEVE got out of the bus, Icarus hands the lighter to Dustin before sitting at the window, looking out and watching Steve. "What's he doing?" Max asked as she came down the ladder. "Expanding the menu." Dustin says as Max stands on the other side of her. "Come on, buddy.. Come on. Come on. Dinner time. Human tastes better than cat, I promise." Steve said, standing by the pile of meat on the ground as Icarus sighs.

"He's an idiot." He whispers. "He's insane." Max said next. "He's awesome." Dustin said with a smile as they continue to watch the eighteen year old who then swings his bat back and forth. He slowly stops when Dart was now more clearer to see, more closer. "Steve! Watch out!" Lucas shouted and that's when Icarus looked around, his eyes wide.

"Little busy here!"

"Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" When Icarus saw the other creature that looked like Dart, Icarus rushed to his backpack, grabbing the bat on top of it. "I'm going out there, don't forget to be ready." He says to Dustin before running to the door, he quickly opens it then he is running over to Steve.

The two stood, back to back as Icarus watched the other creature on top of one of the cars. "Steve! Icarus! Abort! Abort!" Dustin yells as he stood at the bus door. Steve looks at the boy, then turns back to Dart who starts running towards him and Icarus. Steve grabs Icarus' waist, pulling him as he jumps towards the car, they both land on the hood then land on the other side of it, Icarus quickly gets up and swings his bad, hitting the other monster before helping Steve up. "Come on!" He says before they both run back to the bus.

Dustin closed the bus doors as Steve and Icarus keep the door open by pushing it closed with their legs. "Are they rabid or something?" Max asked as Steve grabs a scrap metal which he puts against the door. "They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas shouted as Steve keeps pushing the doors closed. The bus starts to move so Icarus grabs Steve's hand as they all started to scream. Icarus stood up right away one of the monsters start to get in, so Steve pushed Icarus away as he raised his bat, hitting it over and over again with it. Icarus rushed the kids to the back of the bus, where they'd be safe.

"Is anyone there? Mike? Will? God! Anyone!" Dustin said, into his headset. The creatures start to hit the side of the bus so Icarus pulls Lucas up, pulling him away from that side. "We're at the old junkyard, and we are going to die!" Dustin said as Lucas rushed to stand on the other side of the bus. Max notices the dents being made on top of the bus, then one of those monsters appear at the open emergency exit above her. She starts screaming loudly as Steve rushed over, pushing her and Icarus behind him. "Out of the way! Out of the way!" He shouts.

"You want some? Come get this!" Steve yelled at the monster as Icarus kept Lucas and Max behind him. The monster's face opened up and it roars loudly at Steve before it suddenly stopped. It growls loudly before it left, Icarus looks at Steve who turns to him right away. "Are you okay?" He whispers and Icarus nods at him right away.

Icarus heads for the bus door, opening it, holding his own bat up. "What happened?" Lucas asked as both Steve and Icarus stepped out, both holding up their bats. "I don't know." Max said. "Steve scared them off?" Dustin says and Icarus snorts. "Yeah, right. No offense, Stevie." He says the last part right away. "Yeah, Rus is right. No way. They're going somewhere." He says, turning to the younger teens still standing inside the bus.

The three younger teens walk with Steve ahead of them and Icarus behind them, for safety reasons. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked as Icarus looked all around. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin said and Icarus snickers. "He was tiny two days ago." Max said to him. "Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin says. "Malted?" Steve asked.

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin said. "When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked him. "It's gotta be soon." The curly haired boy replied with.

"When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." He continued to explain. "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve said and Icarus looks at him. "Wait, a cat?" Lucas said, stopping Dustin, so Steve, Icarus and Max all stop too. "Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asked as Icarus stood beside him. "No, what? No." Dustin denied instantly, shaking his head.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve said as Icarus raised his hand, pretending to cut his neck, as if signalling Steve not to say anything. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked as Icarus continued the action, but Steve continued, "it's Dustin's cat." He said, obviously not knowing Dustin didn't want his friends knowing.

"Steve!" Dustin and Icarus both exclaimed. "I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas said as he shoves Dustin. "No!" Dustin exclaimed back at him. "No. No, I.. No, I.." He continued denying then sighs. "He missed me. He wanted to come home." He explains and Icarus raises both eyebrows at that.

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin said and Icarus things of what a Demogorgon was then remembers Will telling him about D&D, a Demogorgon was some monster from the game, which ended up being real seeing how tey tried to trap and kill one last year. "Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas says. "Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max says and Lucas looks at her right away. "I care!" He shouted before looking back at Dustin.

"You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yells at Dustin. "So did you!" Dustin yelled right back and Icarus looks at Steve, almost like as if he was wondering if they should stop this. "What?" Lucas said with confusion.

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin said as he points his flashlight at Max who flinched, closing her eyes, she scoffed at that when he points his flashlight away. "A sttanger?!"

"You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas yells at Dustin. "Yeah, but I didn't, Lucas, okay?! I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even." Dustin said as Icarus notices Steve walking away. He walks over right away, grabbing Steve's arm gently. "Did you hear that too?" Steve asked him as the two continued yelling at each other. "Yeah.." Icarus says with a nod.

"Guys?" Steve said but the arguing continued. "Hey!" Icarus shouted as he turns to them. The arguing stops as they all turn to look at them. When the other two boys hear the screeching in the distance, Steve and Icarus walked into the woods, and the two followed behind right away. "No, no, no. Hey, guys, why are you headed towards the sound? Hello?" Max called out. "Max, come on!" Icarus shouted back. "Shit." The gorl said then started running over, to follow them.

The kids and Steve stop at an open field, "I don't see him." Dustin says then Lucas looks through his binoculars as Icarus pushed his glasses up, sighing. "It's the lab. They were going back home." Lucas said then Steve looks at Icarus who looks back at him before they continued walking.

"Hello?" They heard as they neared the lab. "Who's there? Who's there?!" Jonathan shouted then his best friend appears with Steve and the three younger teens. "You two?" Jonathan and Nancy both say at the same time and Icarus grins. "Hiya, buds!" He says. "What are you two doing here?" Nancy asked as she and Jonathan walk to join the group. "What are you two doing here?" Icarus says as he points to them. "We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy said then stop as Icarus looks between Nancy and Jonathan, squinting his eyes at them.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin said, meaning the lab. "We're not sure." Nancy answered as she noticed Steve's hand in Icarus'. "Why?" Jonathan asked Dustin, then they heard the monsters screeching as they all look at the lab. Icarus' hand starts to squeeze Steve's, causing Steve to look at him right away in worry.

As the group all talked, "the power's back." Nancy said, noticing the building's lights start opening so they all start running over to the front of the gate, Jonathan standing in the guard house, pressing the buttons but the gates still don't open. "Let me try." Dustin said, walking in. "Hang on." Jonathan said but Dustin tries to push him.

"Jonathan, let the kid try!" Icarus says and so Jonathan sighs, getting out of the way only for Dustin to repeatedly press the button but nothing happened. "Son of a bitch! You know what.." Dustin exclaimed and Icarus sighs. "Hey! I got it!" Dustin shouts when the gate opens, chuckling.

"I got it!" He shouts when Jonathan rushed out of the shack. After Jonathan and Nancy drove off in his car, it didn't take long until two cars come speeding down the road. "Get back! Get back!" Icarus said, pulling the kids to the side. Jonathan drove past quickly with his mom, Nancy, Mike and Will as Hopper stopped, "let's go!" He said.

Steve opens the car door and the kids rushed in first before Icarus got in last, sitting in the back with the three as Steve sat in the passenger seat.

When they got to the Byers' home, Icarus was sitting at the table with Lucas, Mike and Max. "Sam Owens. Dr. Sam Owens. I don't know how many people are there! I don't know how many people are left alive! I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper! Yes, the number that I gave you, yes. 6767.. I will be here." Hopper said before he hung up the phone. "They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin said as Steve stood behind Icarus who looks up at him.

"We'll see." Hopper answered with. "We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" Mike exclaimed loudly. "We stay here, and wait for help." Hopper says then Steve grabs Icarus' shoulder. Icarus puts his hand on Steve's as he sighed.

All of them became quiet, Dustin now sitting down as Icarus had given him his seat, so now he stood side by side with Steve in the kitchen. "You tired?" Steve whispers to Icarus who looks at him. "A little.." He whispered back then looks at Mike who started talking. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike said and Icarus looks down at the mention of Bob.

He didn't know the man very well, but he made Joyce pretty happy and now he was dead. "Really?" Lucas asked then Mike turns to them. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" He asked, slowly approaching the table. "Yeah." Lucas and Dustin answer his question.

Mike sets down the toy in his hand. "We can't let him die in vain." He says and Icarus looks up. "What do you want to do, Mike? The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own." Dustin says, looking up at Mike.

"Demo-dogs?" Icarus and Max both say at the same time. Dustin looks at Icarus then Max, before starting to explain to them. "Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words—" "Okay." Max says.

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe.." Dustin said as he looks down. Icarus looks at Steve beside him. "But there's an army now." Lucas says. "Precisely." Dustin says. "His army." Mike says who both Icarus and Steve looked at.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked right away. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too." He said and Icarus just gets confused, his eyebrows furrowing together.

Steve, Icarus, Dustin, Lucas and Max follow Mike into Will's room. "The shadow monster." Dustin said as Mike held out the drawings which one of Max grabbed. "It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him." Mike explained to them.

"And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked him. "To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything." Mike says and Steve holds up his hands. "Whoa, slow down. Slow down." He said and they all looked at him.

"Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will." Mike explained. "And so does Dart." Icarus says, looking at the drawing.

"Yeah. It's like what Mr. Clarke taught us. The hive mind." Mike says and Icarus sighs. "Hive mind?" Steve says and Icarus looks at him. "A collective consciousness." Icarus tells him. "It's a super-organism." Dustin explained further. "And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain." Mike said, pointing to the drawing.

"Like the mind flayer." Dustin said with wide eyes and Lucas snaps his fingers at him. "What?" Max, Icarus and Steve said in equal confusion.

authors note i have a feeling part two will have less chapters than part one lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 5.7K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
110K 3.3K 26
a paige bueckers story.
103K 2K 34
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
189K 4.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...