Semper Fi Jieitai: GATE x Mal...

Od USTrooper

Ranked #1 #action-adventure 11/23/18 Ranked #1 #warfare 01/30/19 Ranked #1 #gate 05/09/19 You are a US Mari... Více

Introduction
Chapter 1: Ginza
Chapter 2: Alnus Hill
Chapter 3: First Contact
Chapter 4: Hearts and Minds
Chapter 5: Italica Part 1
Chapter 6: Italica Part 2
Chapter 7: Prisoner of War
Chatper 8: Politics
Chapter 9: Hot Spring
Chapter 10: Ambush
Chapter 11: Drow
Chapter 12: Diplomacy
Chapter 13: Banquet
Chapter 14: Caesar
Chapter 16:The Flame Dragon, Once More
Chapter 17: Showdown
Chapter 18: The Magic City of Rondel
Chapter 19: Blades in the Shadow
Chapter 20: Night Raid
Chapter 21: Piper
Chapter 22: Conference
Chapter 23: And Thus The Marine Fought There
Chapter 24: Homecoming

Chapter 15: Breaking Point

6.6K 94 153
Od USTrooper

Alnus Hill, Tavern

Y/N POV:

Yanagida had informed us about Yao, I told that dark elf I'd help her. But it looks like she couldn't wait so she caused a little trouble while we were at the capital, so Yanagida brought us to the tavern and explains it to us.

Delilah: *puts drinks on table* Here you go fellas.

Y/N: Thank you Darlin'.

Itami: So? What did you wanna talk to us about?

Yanagida: While you were away, we were approached by a very interesting visitor. Asking if we could kill a flame dragon for her.

Itami: Do what? We can't do that.

Yanagida: Just hear me out.

Y/N: I met her a before we went to the Capital, she said that the dragon destroyed her village in the Schwartz Woods and caused a number of casualties.

Itami: I see, so it destroyed her home village. Of course that's a real tragedy, her request was denied by Lieutenant General, right? What else is there to talk about?

Yanagida: The dragon showed up within the territory of the Native State of Elbe. An area that is apparently rich in oil deposits. As well as very large uncut diamonds.

Itami: O-kay. When am I supposed to give a crap?

Yanagida: How'd you like to go on a scouting mission?

Itami: Huh?

Yanagida: And just like before it's the kind of mission that offers you a great deal of freedom. You'd be able to take actions outside of the initial scope.

Y/N: You've peaked my interest.

Itami: What are you saying?

Yanagida: Look I'm just saying...That you might find yourselves on other side of the border...And you might encounter a dragon. And you might have to kill it and  bring back few samples. If something like that were to happen I doubt there'd be too much trouble.

Itami: Yes there would! You weren't there! You never saw that thing, okay and we did! It was goddamn terrifying! Look if it's an order, then I'll follow it, I don't have much choice. But if I do have a choice, I'd rather we all live.

Y/N: I agree, the terrain in that region is full of valleys and mountains. If we send in a large force into neutral territory it could look like an unwarranted invasion. But if we send in a small team without support the dragon could bottleneck them and wipe them out.

Yanagida: *snooty chuckle* You might want to pay a visit to your blonde elf friend.

Y/N: Tuka?

Time Skip Residential Area

Y/N POV:

We headed to Tuka's room and we find Rory and Lelei standing in front of Tuka. She sits on her bed crying when we walk in.

Itami: You okay?...What's the matter?

Tuka looks at Itami with tears in her eyes

Tuka: Father!

She suddenly hugs Itami really tight

Tuka: Oh Daddy!

Itami: Uh, Tuka!

Y/N: (Oh god! No!)

Tuka: You see he DID come back! Can't believe you would take such a sick joke that far!

Itami: Tuka?

Tuka: You're not going to believe this. You know what she said? She said...She said that you were dead! She told me that were killed...by a flame dragon.

Y/N: Tuka! Look at me!

Tuka looks at me

Y/N: Tuka, who am I?

Tuka: You're L/N...Why would you ask a such a silly question?

Y/N: Okay...Who's standing right here? *points to Itami*

Tuka: Why my father of course.

Y/N: Ah shit. Lelei can you uh...pacify her.

Lelei uses her magic and puts Tuka to sleep

Lelei: This will allow her to rest for a while.

Itami: What the hell happened?

Rory: It was Yao.

Y/N: God dammit.

Rory: Yao told Tuka the truth. The truth that we've all been trying to avoid this whole time.

Lelei: And because we never did, Tuka never stopped looking for him.

Rory: She's been wandering aimlessly around town. Sometimes forgetting to eat, or sleep. So every no and then...we've been using this spell to help her rest.

Itami: Jesus Christ.

Y/N: Where's Yao at now?

The four of us confronted Yao about further traumatizing Tuka.

Itami: Why would you tell her that? We've very hard to handle this delicately as possible. What you did was totally uncalled for.

Yao: Oh it was uncalled for was it? All I did was tell her the truth. I understand that you especially caring toward her and your other friends here. That you're an extremely loyal leader, and that you're willing to break a few rules in order to protect them. Well knowing that fact I decided to take advantage of that.

Itami: Is that right...There are lines you just do not cross!

Yao: Don't speak to me like a child! I went to your people and asked them to kill the flame dragon! I begged them for their mercy! I offered them anything they could could possibly want in return! But they... but they turned their backs on me and the people of my village. They told me you can't do it! But then...a few of them also told me something else. They told me you might help! That is why I broke her heart! And if you want to save her. You must tell her father was murdered by a flame dragon. And exact her revenge for her, so what are you going to now man in green?! Are you going abandon your friend?! If it were a person and they had killed the ones your loved ones... You would hunt them down to the ends of the earth and make them pay for what they've done. But this is a flame dragon isn't it? The rules aren't the same! No one can just go out there and catch it. No one can punish it. How do we seek justice? Where do we focus such anger? Where am I supposed to direct this hatred for the thing that took the ones I love?!  

Itami  stands there angry at her but doesn't know how to respond while Yao has tears streaming down her face falls to her hands and knees. I pity the poor girl but she took it too far.

Yao: I know I'm being selfish, I know that. I'll give you anything, I'll give you everything. My heart, my soul whatever it takes. I just thought...Even if you did it for her, my people could be saved as well.

Y/N: Okay enough, anymore drama everyone's gonna think were putting on a show. Lelei, Rory go back to your rooms. Itami go check on Tuka.

Itami: What about her?

Y/N: I'll take care of her. 

Itami and the others leave me alone with Yao. I walk up to her as she still on her hands and knees still crying, she looks absolutely pitiful.

Y/N: Get up. Have some fucking pride.

She rises to her feet.

Yao: You said you would help me.

Y/N: I told you that I would vouch for you, but I also didn't promise you anything.

Yao: What's going happen now?

Y/N: I don't know. All I can tell you is that you fucked up big time. While you weren't wrong about Itami, you went too far in pushing Tuka over the edge. What she has...can kill more people than any sword, arrow, spear, or gun ever could.

Yao: How do you know?

Y/N: Because I've known people with it and I have it too...I'll arrange some lodging for you but after that you're on your own.

Time Skip Tavern

Y/N POV:

After Itami went to check on Tuka she continued to believe that Itami was her dead dad. Itami decided to indulge in her delusion for several days now. Taking her shopping, picnics, etc all while wearing her dad's clothes including sleeping with her...in a literal context. I personally don't thinks it's helping. We have a mission tomorrow in the Imperial Capital so I decided to meet Kuribayshi at the tavern ahead of everyone so we could try to have a date around here. We got a table and I got our drinks and brought them to her.

Y/N: Here you go, sorry it's not much of a date.

Kuribayashi: Thanks, and it's no problem I'm happy I get to spend time with you. So how's Tuka been?

Y/N: She's suffering from a delusion brought on by Post Traumatic Stress.

Kuribayashi: Guess you'd know all about that.

Y/N: You're talking to a guy who recently lost his dad, but is also serving in his third war now. 

Kuribayashi: And how have you been?

Y/N: The night terrors have gotten less frequent...Thanks to you.

Kuribayashi:  I'm glad I could help, but how do you handle your dad's death and your PTSD?

Y/N: I forced myself to confront the reality the he was gone and that there was nothing I could do about it. But it still hurts, you know I haven't talked to my mom since Tokyo. As for my PTSD I have my good moments I have my bad moments...You've seen them first hand. I've have seen this disease turn solid Marines into blubbering messes. Some turning to drinking or drugs to cope with it... some even committing suicide.

I get depressed thinking about it then Kuribayashi reaches over the table and grabs my hand.

Kuribayashi: Do you regret not going home when you could have?

Y/N: I have a lot of regrets but here are some things I don't regret. Joining the Corps, coming here, being apart of 3rd Recon...And being with you.

Kuribayashi: *smiles* I'd glad I'm with you as well, though I wish we didn't have to hide it.

Y/N: *grabs hand back* Tell you what, when this next mission is over... We'll tell everyone.

Kuribayashi: Really?

Y/N: Yeah and whatever happens, happens okay.

We got lost looking into each others eyes when the others started showing up including Itami and Tuka and we immediately let go of each others hand.

Kuribayashi: Guess the date's over.

Y/N: Yeah I'd better get going, I have to double check my gear for the mission tomorrow.

Kuribayashi gets walks up to me and leans into my ear.

Kuribayashi: *whisper* I'll visit you later.~

I feel my ear  and face turn red hearing that, I look over to see Itami still wearing Tuka's dad's clothes. I wish he would to stop indulging in Tuka delusion but I'm not going to bud my nose in it. I finish my drink and leave to go check on my gear while everyone enjoys themselves.

TIME SKIP Helipad

3rd POV:

3rd Recon is getting ready to move out, the Chinook rotors are spinning. The pilot signals that he's ready, Y/N is doing one last head count to find Itami missing. He looks over to see Itami talking to a sad Tuka.

Itami: C'mon stop giving me that look.

Tuka: Okay...

Itami: *pats Tuka's head* I'll be back in no time

Tuka: Yeah...And when you are...Everything...everything will be normal again!

Y/N: Itami! Bus is leaving! Let's go!

Itami:  Yeah! I'm coming hang on!

Itami boards the helicopter and starts thinking about what Tuka said as the ramp begins to close and the helicopter lifts off.

Itami: Sorry L/N! I'm not making this trip!

Itami runs and jumps out of the helicopter 

Y/N: Itami!

Itami: TUKAAA!

Y/N look over at a shocked Kuribayashi one last time.

Y/N: God dammit! I'm sorry Shino! Sergeant Major the squad's yours!

Kuribayashi: F/N!

Y/N jumps out of the helicopter as well and land on the helipad and the helicopter disappears into the horizon rises to see Itami  standing in front of Tuka.

Tuka: But father...

Itami: I decided I'm going stay by your side.

He hugs Tuka

Tuka: Can you...do that?

Itami: Sure, we're going together.

Y/N: Itami!!

Itami looks behind him to see a pissed off Y/N.

Itami: L/N?!

Y/N: What the fuck are you doing?! We had a mission!

Itami: I'm gonna to help Tuka by killing that dragon. Are you going to stop me?

Y/N: You made me jump out of a helicopter to tell me you're going on an extremely dangerous mission to go kill a dragon!

Itami: Yes.

Y/N: Well what the hell are we still standing around for?! Let's do this!

The three made their way to Division HQ meet up with Yanagida to discuss mission logistics and Yanagida is livid about the situation.

Yanagida: What the hell...Itami! You unbelievable ass! You abandon your mission to go dragon hunting with one elf girl and our American attache! *grabs and shakes Itami* What the hell am I supposed to tell the brass to make this absurd decision of yours sound half-way reasonable?!

Itami: I thought that was kinda your specialty.

Yanagida: Now you listen to me, you are going to rejoin the team. Your are going to finish your mission and then take your troops to hunt the dragon. Maybe I can-

Itami: Yanagida I've already decided.

Yanagida: Well what about you L/N, are you really on board with this?

Y/N: I wasn't coerced or forced to do this Yanagida. I'm doing this of own accord and prepared to accept the consequences of my actions.

Yangida: Goddamn it what do you need?

We head outside Yanagida jots down what we need for the journey.

Itami: A transport vehicle, some back up fuel, weapons and ammunition.

Y/N: I need extra rounds of 5.56.

Itami: Why don't you bring that M60 of yours?

Y/N: Well unfortunately, The Pentagon heard I had it and made me send it back. There goes my weekend.

Itami: And probably some food enough to sustain three people for a week.

Yanagida: One week rations for three. Are you sure that all the food you want to bring with you?

Itami: Yeah.

Yanagida: *chuckles* Are you sure about that?

Itami: Yeah, of course I'm sure everyone else-

Suddenly Rory trips Itami from behind with her halberd and he falls to the ground with Rory standing on top of him.

Itami:Uh Rory!

Rory: If you wanted to ask a girl to fight a ferocious beast all you had to do was ask.

Itami: Uh... We're talking about a flame dragon here.

Rory: Oh Honey don't get me all worked up before we've even head out! Unless you're just planning on losing before you even start.

Itami: Uh no...

Rory: Then you may ask me?

Itami: Well...

Rory punches Itami in the gut and he jolts up.

Itami: Okay, okay I'll ask you! Rory, will you come with us?

Y/N: You are very hard to kill so having you would give us a tactical advantage.

Rory: Fine but it'll cost you.

Itami: I'm not quite sure how I can pay you back though.

Rory: *licks lips* I've got something in mind.

Rory grabs Itami's arm and bites it.

Itami: AHHH!! What are you doing?!

Rory: *licks blood* Signing our contract. Now if you should and die on me, your soul will be eternally mine.

Y/N: (Yeah...I'm not touching that one.)

Itami: What?

Rory: Oh Yanagida, add another person to the menu.

Lelei: Make that five.

Y/N: Jesus! Where'd you come from?!

Itami: You too Lelei!

Lelei: To increase your chances of survival... you'll need some magic.

Y/N: God! This is turning into a freakin' video game!

Yao shows up and bows before Y/N.

Yao: Henceforth my fight and my body are forever yours. Just tell me what it is you need.

Y/N: Are you always this dramatic? Get up!

Itami: I guess I should have expect you. Ah well we could always use guide along the way.

Yanagida: So that brings the total to six people, yes?

Itami and Y/N start loading supplies and hitch a trailer to the vehicle.

Y/N: Hey Itami, what made you change your mind going after that dragon?

Itami: Well I went to a social worker for some advice on whether taking revenge would help someone move on. Then I ran across an old amputee and he just told me to go with what I feel with is right.

Y/N:......

Itmai: What?

Y/N: So you're doing this on a whim. You do realize IF we make back, we're gonna get more than an ass chewing right?

Itami: You could've stayed on the helicopter. What made you decide come with me?

Y/N: Yoji, we've fighting together since Ginza I wasn't about let you do something stupid and wreck-less without me. You're my brother man.

Itami: Thanks...F/N.

Y/N: Besides, Risa told told me to look after your dumb-ass.

Itami: *chuckles* Screw you Yankee!

The Japanese Soldier and American Marine fist bump and board the vehicle with the others. And Tuka is not happy Yao is going with them.

Tuka: I don't understand why SHE has to come with us.

Itami: Don't be like that. She's just a girl trying to get home and we're just giving her a ride home.

The vehicle rolls out with Itami driving, and Y/N puts a Bluetooth speaker on the dashboard.

Y/N: Let's put on some tunes.

Itami: We gonna listen to that hard rock crap of yours?

Y/N: Well it was hard rock for it's time.

Y/N presses play on his phone to play this.

Y/N: Yeah there we go.

Itami: Really?

Y/N: Hey c'mon this is a classic.

Tuka: Let's go Daddy! Step on it!

Itami: You got it!

The vehicle heads towards the border to the neighboring state of Elbe.

A/N: Well I'm ending this here, I hope I addressed the issue of PTSD involving  combat veterans the correct way. This was really hard because I wanted to address maturely rather than the typical sensationalist media narrative about PTSD. If you have experienced it or someone who has dealt with PTSD please give a comment about it. So you know the drill give me a vote, share, follow me if you wish to. Have a great day or night and see you all next! LATER!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.6K 67 23
A GATE: Thus The JSDF Fought There fanfic The two World Jumpers continue their adventures after their experience in the Rising of the Shield Hero uni...
13.4K 321 12
United American Empire, two continent 1 Nation, A Different America where not only the US is the Largest and Most Powerful but also even more Advance...
151K 2.5K 115
President Y/N was a 170 year old boy who doesn't age, and his a 17th President of the United States of America. but in 2020, A gate opens in new York...
1.6K 352 64
I willed myself to show no interest even though my heart pounded wildly at the thought of joining the Peace Corps. "Oh yeah?" I whispered, not daring...