Nostalgia | Dazai Osamu

By aspybun

"You're not In love with him again, are you?" "No." I lied. -in which a girl suffers from dealing with the tr... More

☆ Hi! ☆
1| Trauma
2| Quell
3| Distress
4| Memories
5| Revenge
6| Replay
7| Drink
8| Grasp
9| Gifted
10 | Burnt
11| Chamber
12| Desire
13| Closer
A/N
14 | Run
15 | Help
16| Thief
17 | Bittersweet
18| Truth
19 | Light
20 | Dark
Authors Note~
21 | Taken
22 | Choose
Update! Im alive?
23 | Escape pt.1
24| Escape pt.2
25 | Await
26 | Explain
27| Cursed
29 | Torment
30 | Diabolic
31| Taboo
32| Captive
33| Begin
34 | Strive
35| Havoc
36| Rue
37| White
38| Empty
39| Safe
40| Mine
~Afterwards, Authors love and Thank You!~
AN- been selected for Wattys?!
this fanfic was insane and so was i

28| Aliance

11.4K 400 191
By aspybun

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Do you not know what you've done?!"

I grasped the bars and screamed at the younger girls face. She stepped back at my sudden jolt of anger.

"You and your rotten Guild have unleashed hell onto Yokohama!" I spat.

"Well, of course! You shouldn't have messed with the Guild and it's all a part of our plan! Thanks to your Mafia, one of our members might never wake up... We're taking revenge! No one will harm us!" She growled back. Her gasped tightened in the torn doll in anger, knuckles white. Mine where the same as I stared her down with my sharper glare... Ever since I've been in contact with Dazai, I had started to worry more about Francis tearing down Yokohama, not only that, but the Mafia could be affected too. I was beyond irritated at how inadequate this tragedy was to them and so was everyone else.

"Well you should have never of come to Yokohama in the first place!-" I snapped back.

"G-Guys!"

We both stared at Atsushi for interrupting our argument.

"What!" We yelled in union. He seemed a little annoyed, eyebrows furrowed.

"This isn't the way to solve things..." he whispered at me with a glare... He then walked in front of me and started to communicate with Lucy, practically civilly.

"Well that's the Mafias teaching for you... we never do it the 'right' way." I mutter to myself. The Mafia had always thought me to fight with fists and Gift for whatever I strived for and admittedly it never always worked. I let Atsushi speak to Lucy, hoping he would convince her of letting us escape. I had to admit, it was better and more sufficient than arguing. Meanwhile, I stood behind, gazing out the window to Yokohama.

I stared below for a few minuets, my eyes capturing the details of below: fires, car crashed, wandering people, running people, building tearing down. It was a catastrophe and my heart had sunk at the disastrous sight. I almost thought it looked like a snap shot from a film that probably involved a zombie apocalypse but it was different to that. This was real.

I pulled out my phone in my pocket and dialled Dazais number, hoping the man would pick up... it wasn't too long ago that he wanted to speak, so maybe he would pick up now. Especially now Yokohama had turned into a devils spawn, I had to check up on him. I wanted to know how safe he was... otherwise I wouldn't be able to cope.

But of course, he never answered. It was strange to hear the voice of the digital voicemail speak to me rather than the sound of the one I love. Sighing, I also tried Chuuyas phone too, but he declined it. I could have suggested he was busy trying to deal with the... well, whatever was exactly happening below us. But as for Dazai I didn't have a single idea.

I sighed with stress, praying he was safe.

As I ironically prayed, I wondered.

How did I end up in the Moby Dick again?

God, I must have been so naive to let him lead me into his trap when I first saw him... Even one of the Mafias top and respected rule was to never lay your trust in another who could be a possible enemy. Now that that was broken I was cage in what seemed to be a never ending chase from the Guild.

My evil hands were praying now also for Atsushi to change Lucy's mind. I was desperate to leave.

"Ha! Did you ever have to wash dirty dishes until your fingers bleed?" Lucy exclaimed.
I frowned and stared at the two. What where they talking about? It didn't seem relevant at all.

"Yes... Lucy, I know what it's like. I have scars too from where they poked me with a hot iron like I was an animal. I was an orphan just like you, I know your pain and I know the feeling when they bully and tear your mind apart... but if you do this, you're leaving your past self behind... you're leaving behind what makes you you." Atsushi confided. My eyes pricked at the situation, curious. Lucy's head had dropped from behind the bars. Something sensitive was stirring.

"It's not nice, Lucy. But we wouldn't be who we are today if we haven't had gone through what we did to get here now." Atsushi added. That sounded like a topic I was familiar with.

"You talking about scars and shit past life's?" I asked. Atsushi turned around and nodded. I smirked.

"Well, it's not just the two of you..."

My eyes landed elsewhere in the room as I remembered the few memories of being locked inside my small room, terrified of my fluctuating gift. Terrified of my parents, terrified of myself...

"I don't remember what my Mothers face looked like since she locked me inside four walls since she was terrified of me. Every night I would stay awake trying to figure out how to get rid of my Gift that she was so afraid of to be loved by her." I say, gently. Lucy's ruby eyes had lifted to meet mine as she listened with good intensions.

"But when I learnt she despised me, I accepted it. Now I'm rich and work for... well, idk about now, but used to work for criminal masterminds and I'm no longer afraid... But you have to go through the shit stuff first to become who you are. It's not exactly pleasant, but hey, we aren't gonna look back from where we are now, are we?" I smiled at her, and she seemed to have calmed down. She seemed to have been taught a lesson, as if she had realised that Atsushi and I were right.

"She's right... we all know how you feel, Lucy..." Atsushi added. I smiled and nodded, as if I new what was going on.

We both watched her as her head hung low with maybe guilt or distress. Her eyes seemed lost and deep in thought for a moment, her mind working on thoughts we didn't know. She the sighed when her mind was made, and our surroundings had changed.

A pink playroom filled with toys and endless fun. It reminded me of Elise's play room in which I often used to stay inside with her a few years ago.

I imagined this was her ability, whatever this place was.

"Take this."

She held out the doll in front of her. Atsushi slowly approached her and gently cradled the cursed the doll.

"Thank you..." he gently said. I watched her quietly.

"And these."

I had no idea where she was hiding them but she handed out two familiar shape bags- parachutes. Perhaps her gift had something to do with it?

Atsushi grabbed both but I came forward and took mine of him. We both pulled them over our backs and strapped ourselves in. It reminded me of the last time I had to jump of the Moby Dick... would we get shot at again?

"Take the doll and get out of here... both of you."

A bright itchy appeared behind us, and a door had appeared, leading out to the shear drop and the orange burning sky.

"What will they do to you?" Atsushi asked.

"Oh, it doesn't matter..." she sighed. She fiddled with her plaits, eyes drifting away yet again. She knew what they would do to her when they found out she let them escape... Only we didn't.

"You could come with us?" I suggested.

"It's fine... Besides, this is my home now." She smiled. She seemed confident but I saw hesitation behind those green eyes. We hesitantly nodded anyway and approached the door that lead us to our escape.

We had to move quickly now that we had the opportunity.

"Atsushi."

He turned around to look at Lucy who called his name.

"Save me from this place one day..."

I gazed towards him as he nodded at Lucy. Save her? Maybe she really did need to come with us, maybe being part of the Guild wasn't the life she wanted.

But if she wasn't going to act on it...

He turned to look at me," Ready?"

"Ha, are you? I've already done this before." I smirked, remembering how Francis shot my leg a few days ago and how Chuuya had miraculously caught me.

"You have? This was the way you escaped?" He asked, bewildered.

"It's the only way you escape from the Moby Dick." I smirked. I then jump of the edge, my feet being whisked away from the safety and comfort of the floor.

Within seconds I was pummelling towards distant burning ground like a bullet, Atsushi a few metres behind. My hair erratically danced as it tangled with the wind, crossing over my eyes as I tried to find Atsushi. The sensation of the thrill pumped through me as I soared down towards Yokohama.

As we escalated away from Lucy I wondered how her life would turn out afterwards.

My attention then grew to what was below me as I soared through the harsh air hitting me, feeling weightless. I saw the situation in more detail- buildings had crumbled, bodies slump that crawled and stumbled, fires and blacked smoke that all gradually grew closer.

"It looks like a war zone!" Atsushi called. I looked up to him, his hair and shirts waving frantically. I was surprised at how calm his face was.

"It's basically a zombie apocalypses! That's what Q's gift is- a curse!" I replied.

And at that second a bullet had pierced its way through the air, ripping its way through besides us in a flash.

It came from above. From the Moby Dick.

Faint fire alarms sounded through the air. They knew we escaped... already? Dread had hit me; what if they shot us?

"That's them!" He called,"We have to land."

"No! Atsushi!"

It was too late. He had opened his parachute and froze in the air, rapidly drifting higher away from me as if he had been stuck in the air. He was soon beyond my reach and not even my calls would reach him.

It would take him a miracle to survive.

"Shit..." I mumbled. Atsushi had just made himself a bigger target for those bullets.
I continued to soar downwards, grey rooftop squares approaching, growing larger and larger. I was determined to get as low as possible to the ground, decreasing the chances of getting caught. Atsushi would have to find out how to survive himself.

I was only a few metres from the rooftops and I immediately pulled my string. As I came to a sudden halt, Atsushi was tumbling towards the ground with a scream.

His parachute had been shot, twice.

"Atsushi!" I call, panicked. Dazai would kill me if he died!

Another gun fire. Right beside me. I swerve to dodge it.

"Shit..." They saw me.

I turned my parachute around the building, hiding myself from the Moby Dick. I floated through suffocating thick smoke and turned corners around alleyways and dusted buildings...

...until I finally reached the ground.

I tumbled and rolled as I crashed into concrete and serrated glass, landed in a Yokohama from another world. I coughed as my body was suddenly feeling bruised and beaten, lying on the ground for a few seconds to recover from my harsh landing.

I survived... but Atsushi. I had to find him.

"Atsushi..." I said starting to sit up," Where is-Ah!"

I flinched as I fell back onto the concrete, a bolt of pain shooting through my entire body. I cried out in pain, almost a scream, as my hand wandered to the area in my chest that had struck my pain.

I opened my eyes to see blood stained glass jabbed in between my rib cages, a miniature waterfall of blood trailing down the side of me. My face grimaced as I took my fingers and pinched the flat side, ripping it out of my chest. I cried in pain, the glass deeper than what I thought.

My breathing had fluctuated, tearing my wound open more.

My head flung back as I held my hand over the gal, trying to regulate my breathing. I noticed a hole in the window of the skyscraper beside me, the explanation of the glass.

As my hand pushed against my wound, covered in blood, my mind wandered to Immense Lustre. Would it heal deep wounds already? It wasn't fully formed... or was it by now? It was worth trying. Even though it was getting near dusk, light was still around by the streetlights and raging fires in the distance.

I summoned the light that tingles and danced around my fingers, going straight into my wound to join my skin back together again like fireflies. I felt the pain ease away, slowly and gently. I slowly returned back to normal and I felt the pain in my head slowly fade too.

When I felt my usual self again, I sat up. I pulled up my shirt to see a faint pink line and ruby scabs across the area where I had been stabbed. Perhaps there wasn't enough light around for it to be completely healed,but it would do. It would have to be careful not to open it again.

I smirked, pretty impressed with my handy worked.

I pulled my shirt down and stood up. Next thing- find the maniac Atsushi.

Atsushi's P.O.V

I had landed... but the Were-Tiger had saved me.

I was now on the concrete, surrounded by the circular indent my impact had made, on all fours. I looked up to see the doll, a few metres in front of me.

I was in shock that I had survived... but I couldn't waste time.

Bullets were coming towards me from above, and I pelted down the street, grabbing the doll on my way. I turned a corner, safe from the bullets, but greeted with fiendish faces.

I skidded to a halt, watching the four people whose eyes were white, skin turned dull and a purple hand imprint staining their neck- Q"s mark. They stained me down with their dull glances, and slowly stomped towards me.

I gritted my teeth... where would I go? If I went back, I'd get shot at... but in front of me... I don't wanna hurt nobody!

"Atsushi!"

"Huh?" My head stretched to see the voice at the end of the street- (Y/n)!

Her hands stretched out in front of her, then separated...

Suddenly, black shadows had wrapped around their arms, legs and waist, and pulled them to either side, clearing the path for me.

"Come on, lets go!" She called.

I nodded, and ran down the pathway, the zombie- peoples arms reaching for me as I ran...

"How did you survive?" She said, as I caught up with her, (e/c) eyes wide with confusion.

"I um... the tiger saved me." I said.

"Oh, I see... We need to get this Doll to Dazai, but I'm not sure where he is. I couldn't call him when we were on the Moby Dick but I'll try again..." she said, pulling out her phone. As she waited, she grabbed my arm to pull me to one side and inside a shop, other arm to her ear. I guessed it was to hide from bullets by the Moby Dick, of from any other people...

We stood inside a grocery shop, and waited...

"He's not picking up... again. Is he busy? What can he be doing..." she muttered.

"I'm not sure... but the last thing he was doing before this happened was meeting up with a old worker from the Mafia..." I added.

Her eyebrows raised," Oh yeah? Do you know who?"

"N-No, sorry... but I know he's not an ability user." I added. I watched her face as she put her hands on her hip, muddled.

"Why didn't he tell me that..." she whispered.

I shrugged.

"Well... If we were supposed to meet him at the bridge... he must have gone there and realised we went there so... he might have gone back to the Agency?" She suggested.

"Possibly... it's not too far from here. I'll lead the way."

She nodded and we stepped outside, running down the street.

As we were running, we dodge the possessed people, or (y/n) had moved them with her gift, and jumped over the obstacles that had crashed and fallen from the apocalypse beginning. And of course, every now and again the bullets would rain down on us... but there was something else that was curious to me.

What were the giant pink things left around the streets? (Y/n) had noticed them too, and was just as confused as me... we kept questioning them, but not bothering to stop and investigate because of the never ending rain of bullets...

I turned another corner, and pink smoke had erupted from the street. I stopped, surprised at the sudden pinkness...

I heard (y/n) call my name, and another rain of bullets... then footsteps running away. Did I lose her?

The pink smoke wasn't toxic, I was breathing okay... but what had happened? Was it the giant pink things?

"Atsushi."

The deep familiar voice had pricked my ears.

I looked in front of me... a tall shadow emerging from the pink smoke. A few seconds took the pink smoke around him to clear, and I smiled in relief...

"Dazai!"

(Y/n) P.O.V

I skidded around the corner, the bullets coming to a halt. I had not a clue what the pink smoke was, but I wasn't going to risk it. Hopefully, Atsushi was okay...

"PROTECT THE CITY!"

I turned my head towards a voice I thought I knew... and behind a wall of flames, I saw another spark of orange.

Chuuya.

So, the Mafia was around protecting the city?

I watched Chuuya giving orders alone, hitmen and trainee gift holders I recognised doing his orders. Chuuya s fave looked stressed... he looked somewhat feared in his crystal eyes.

Chuuya, my partner, was alone. If Francis never came for me, I would be with him right now.

Like how it should be.

I was unsure weather my place in the Mafia was secured or not... but I wasn't going to worry about it. My partner looked like he needed help.

I ran towards the flames, ran onto a nearby crashed car and jumped over the wall.

I crashed into the concrete, right next to Chuuya shoes.

He jolted away from me, letting out a scream of surprise," (y-y/n)?!"

"Chuuya! Are you okay?" I say, standing up.

"I'm fine as hell, but where have you been? You look roughed up." He added. Maybe I had some dirt on my face...

"Fucker Francis had captured me again... I met Atsushi up there, that Were Tiger boy, and we stolen Q's doll from him. That's what's caused all of this."

Hopefully, the Mafia never saw me with the agency earlier on...

"Seriously? They have Q? Tch, Mori never told me this..." he crossed his arms and growled, somewhat annoyed.

"I know. I'm not sure if they're holding Q hostage somewhere or not... But, he's gone to find Dazai so he can touch it and stop the curse." I added. I scanned the area. Higuchi had her guns, the Black Mamba and Tachihara had turned up too, and Gin was busy fighting off the possessed with her swords. It was great to see the Mafia fighting as a big team, it always made me feel...

At home.

Home.

A place I wasn't guaranteed.

"Now... that was something Mori did tell me about." Chuuya added... his voice drifting.

"What?" I asked. I studied his face... he seemed annoyed, but only slightly.

"I didn't know you met up again with Dazai after the night we were at the bar but... I heard about the deal with the Agency in more detail... and I'm more pissed off with Mori.... but you and Dazai."

I listened, biting my lip... Chuuya has found out...

Chuuya found out, Chuuya found out, Chuuya found out.

"You and Dazai... it was weird not to see you two around. I know how much you loved him and I know what it feel like so.. I don't blame you for... you know for-"

I had run into him, cutting him off my embracing him, my head nuzzled on his shouldered. I was surprised at how immediate he was to return the action.

"Just... stay safe. But please, don't fully turn to the Agency." Chuuya sighed.

"I'm not Chuuya.. I don't want too, the Mafia is my home but, I don't know if I'm allowed." I mumbled," and I want to go home. I want to be with you fighting again for a long time but it just hasn't happened..."

I wanted to go home. I wanted the safe feeling of fighting and enjoyment without the bother of Francis... But I knew if I had that, then I couldn't have Dazai.

It was one or the other.

I felt a sting pierce my eyes.

It was tears.

"Yeah, I want you back as soon as possible because I can't handle all this by myself," He said, and drew apart from me, holding my arms," I'll speak to Mori and see what he says."

"Thank you..." I added.

He smiled, and when he smiled, he always look down because he was embarrassed. His eyes noticed my hand...

He picked it up and showed me, eye level...

It was the hand that I used to heal myself. Streams of blood had danced and encaged around my fingers and palms...

"What happened." He said, voice struck.

"It's okay... this new ability is nicer than what I thought. It heals, too." I said. His eyebrows raised.

"Really? Well, I'll let you off then." He smirked.

"Chuuya!"

We heated his name call in the distance... he was needed. He turned around and nodded.

"I have to go... I don't think you can be seen around the Mafia, just to stay safe..." he said.

"It's okay, I'm fine by myself. You go..." I said.

He nodded, and quickly dashed away to provided the wanted help...

I was then standing there by myself, just watching the Mafia once more before I headed out of their way...

My heart asked for them...

A familiar feeling.

Nostalgia? Again?

I sighed....

I had the one I always dreamed to return... but now, I might have lost the one thing that was always there for me...

All because Francis had controlled me. I wondered if Francis had done it on purpose to push me into joining the guild- leaving me with no resort but to turn to him.

Ring ring!

My phone...

I pulled it out of my pocket.

"Hello?"

BOOM.

I felt the concrete shake, and I fell to the ground, a hand stabilising me. I turned around to see an eruption of flames soaring into the air, Chuuya swerving  away from it in his red Illuminati's glow.

"(Y/n), it's Dazai!"

"Dazai!"

My eyes widened.

"Dazai, where are you? Have you found Atsushi?!" I spat out, too excited and concerned.

"Yes, we're fine. Come back to where the pink smoke was, that's where we are at." He replied.

"Ah, Okay, I'm coming."

I hung up, and quickly ran towards the area...

***

Dazais P.O.V

I had touched the doll already, and Atsushi had slumped down onto the stairs walls. He was battered and exhausted still from the fall he had told me about...

But other than that, Atsuhsi rash idea was somewhat... extraordinary.

The Agency... teaming up with the Mafia, to defeat Francis...

"Dazai!"

My head turned to the top of the stairs, and there she was. (Y/n), in one piece... my heart could finally rest from worrying.

"(Y/n)..." I smiled. She ran down the stairs, and as soon as she came right next to me, she gently touched my bandages arm.

"W-What did you do?!" She exclaimed, eyes worried.

"It's okay... I was in a car crash but that's all." I smirked.

"A car crash? Dazai, you can't drive, no wonder why you crashed..." she muttered, crossing her arms. I laughed.

"It wasn't me driving."

"Are you sure?" Her eyebrows raised, unconvinced.

"Yes."

"Well, I don't think I can heal a broken arm... I can barely heal my own injuries..." she added, a small sigh leaving her lips.

"It's fine, love, I'll get Akiko to help me out." I winked.

I noticed her cheeks turn red, and that made me smirk even more.

"But anyway... we came up with a plan." I say, turning my attention to our third wheeler, Atsushi.

"Yeah. (Y/n), we might need you help with this one..." he said, finally standing up.

"Oh yeah? What is it?" She asked.

I knew she wouldn't like the idea... especially considering the unknown situation between Mori and her...

"We need your help... to convince the Mafia with working with the agency." Atsushi bravely said.

Her eyes widened with shock, the life drained from her face.

"Please... you're the only one who can help..."

____________________

Hi my readers!

I've returned back! Sorry for the lateish chapter, but this one is longer for you all :). I haven't really edited it, but if there's any mistakes I'll go through it tomorrow.

The reason why I haven't had much time to work on it was because... em, I've been threatened by my old manager who isn't paying me with the police. She's been verbally abusing me...

Basically, I stopped working there a while ago when I had an interview at a new job. She 'fired' me without any reason and without a weeks notice. I then asked to have my money in return for her work shirt (because we've seen reviews before that her old stuff were not getting paid) and she's been an actually bitch, saying I stole the shirt, but she won't confirm if heft my money and is taking off money of my wages, which is illegal cuz I'm in the minimum wage and oh god.

I've been crying and stressing about it. But not anymore, because drinking milk shells you stay strong on the inside, and bitch fucker with the wrong person because we've reported her and everything so it's not gonna be food for her.

ANYWAY, I wanted to tell y'all, just in case you didn't see my message on my profile.

Hope you enjoyed!

Lot of love, Aspynie!!

Xxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 167 6
just two people who dazai destroyed bonding over the fact that dazai destroyed them while trying to heal both themselves and each-other. ~discontinu...
383K 16.9K 27
Akutagawa Ryunosuke x Female!Reader | Bungou Stray Dogs ❝ You were a shadow in his world of perpetual darkness ❞ [COMPLETED + UNEDITED • 2016]
101K 3.4K 12
Dazai finally gets to talk to his old enemy, and treats him the same way as always, with his annoying remarks and jokes. However, with time Chuuya ch...
7K 282 14
You, Nakahara (Name) were the twin sister of Nakahara Chuuya. Unlike your brother who manipulates gravity. You could manipulate time. While he went a...