Picking Up a General to Plow...

By jiminjamie97

This is a reincarnation story, where you have a normal woman who gets thrown into the body of a village girl... More

Chapter 1,2,3: Awakening
Chapter 4: Another unexpected Guest
Chapter 5: Breaking the engagement
Chapter 6: Ten liang isn't much
Chapter 7: Gifting Chicken eggs
Chapter 8- 9 : The two family's relationship
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Finally took back the grain
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - Mrs Liu came to insult/yell again part 1
Chapter 20 Mrs Liu came to insult again (part 2)
Chapter 21 Forcing her to apologize
Chapter 22 - 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 - 40
Chapter 41 - 50
Chapter 61 - 62
Chapter 63 - Li Zheng Has A Big Announcement
Chapter 64 - Li Zheng Has A Big Announcement (2)
Chapter 65 - Li Zheng Has A Big Announcement (3)
Chapter 66 - Raising Funds
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter 51 - 60

4.3K 94 16
By jiminjamie97

Chapter 51: Start the kiln

"Look what you're saying, Sao-zi! You're acting like a stranger!" Hearing these words, Lian Fang Zhou immediately felt bothered. She smiled, "It was hard on you Sao-zi. You should have left more for yourself!"

"It was no trouble, no trouble at all! It what I should do! Haha, us two families are very close. It should be like this; you help me, I help you, right?" Mrs. Zhao promptly laughed.

"That's right, it just like that!" Lian Fang Zhou chattered for a while longer before sending Mrs. Zhao out.

When she returned, Third Aunt continued jabbering. "It's actually a whole half! The thigh and the breast are there. Even the blood and organ! That Mrs. Zhao is smart, to think of the future!"

"Cook the dinner!" Lian Fang Zhou was very helpless. The Third Aunt right now has changed a lot but she still as unbearable as ever.

Third Aunt didn't care about Lian Fang Zhou not responding to her, she mumbled into the kitchen.

Lian Ze's mind was full of Ah Jian's martial art lesson. After dinner, he impatiently looked at Ah Jian.

Ah Jian didn't understand his meaning, instead, he only detected his nod and a slight smile.

Lian Fang Zhou watched with a secret smile. She suggested, "Ah Jian, after a few days, you should teach Ah Ze. For a specific day, you two should discuss it."

Lian Ze followed with, "How about tomorrow? Tomorrow is good!"

Ah Jian contemplated for a moment, then looked at Lian Fang Zhou. "I'll explain it to him first and make some preparation. In three we'll start?"

"I have no objection. You should do what you need! Take it step by step, don't injure your body!" Lian Fang Zhou replied.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out, definitely won't let Ah Ze get hurt!" Ah Jian grinned.

Lian Fang Zhou nodded with a smile.

Thrilled, Lian Ze rubbed his hands and promised, "Don't worry Sister, I'll be careful! Big Brother Ah Jian you can be more strict, I can take it..."

The next day, they were busy chopping for most of the day and had all the necessary wood cut up.

In the afternoon, Ah Jian, Lian Fang Zhou, and Lian Ze were responsible for cutting the wood that was brought over to the side of the kiln to one-meter length. After drying them for a few days, they can then load the kiln up and light it up.

After lighting it up, they need to burn a lot of firewood. Aunt Zhang's family is in charge of getting firewood.

Kiln fire is different to a stove fire. It needs long lasting thick firewood.

Fortunately, the mountain doesn't lack them, just need to spend effort.

So they were busy for another two days before they finally loaded the kiln and lit it.

A raging big fire burned in the kiln's oven. From the chimney, plumes of smoke emerged and get scattered by the wind and disappear into the air.

Looking at the continuously emerging and disappearing smoke, everyone was feeling nervous. Because in the end, it has a lot of connection to whether it succeeds or not.

Whether they have a comfortable and warm winter or a chilling wallet-tight winter depend on this.

As long as this one succeed, then they can dig out another three kiln at the side. When the time comes, with four kilns burning at the same time and burn five to six time, they don't have to worry this winter.

"Next the kiln needs to burn strong for the next days and nights. It can't be interrupted in the middle! How should we work this out? At night we need someone to keep watch to add wood anytime." Lian Fang Zhou explained.

Uncle Li proposed, "It's enough with San Ge and I taking turns. In the day let your Aunt Zhang and Mei Zi come. You siblings must be exhausted from the last few days. Go rest up!"

"How could that do? If this doesn't change, and by chance, you sleepily feed the fire. Then fire won't burn strong and all our effort is wasted!" Lian Fang Zhou rushed to point out.

Hearing this, Lian Ze followed up, "Sister, how about we do it like this? Ah Jian, Uncle Li, Brother San Ge and I take turns watching the night s.h.i.+ft. In the day, you three and Third Aunt take turns.

Everyone considered it. They felt it was pretty good and had no objection and settle like that.

The first night was Ah Jian's and Lian Ze's turn. In Uncle Li's and others' eyes, Ah Jian was an expert. So they did not fight with them over it.

Ah Jian and Lian Ze took a blanket to wrap around with and went early in the evening to the fire. Lian Fang Zhou felt uneasy and went with them.

They didn't need to bring a blanket because with such a big fire burning in the kiln, it can't be cold in the evening.

Not only is it not cold, but because of the high temperature, they can't be near the kiln.

The three of them chose a spot that's convenient to watch the fire and also not too hot.

Lian Ze couldn't help start pestering Ah Jian with questions about learning martial arts.

Lian Fang Zhou laughed as she chided. "You ah! Don't rush, take it slowly! The future days are long, and there are still two days left. The fire still needs to be watched. Today I'm here, so it's fine. But if I weren't here in the future, you guys would be immersed in talking and mess things up! In every matter, you need to able to prioritize!"

Lian Ze heard his sister's words and deep understood that it was very possible and felt fearful.

As he was going to reply, Ah Jian grinned at Lian Fang Zhou. "Not to worry, I'll pay attention! I promise we won't mess things up. It's rare for him to have such an interest, may as well let him be."

Naturally, Lian Ze loves to, but he was still uneasy. Only when Ah Jian promise it's okay and Sister didn't say anything did he feel a ease.

Since Ah Jian said it like this, Lian Fang Zhou didn't object anymore. The more they chatted, the more enthusiastic. At the start, she found their conversation interesting, but later she was tired. She yawned a few times as her eyelid start to droop. Unconsciously she tucked up by the pile of firewood and fell asleep.

When Lian Fang Zhou woke up, it was in the middle of the night. The cold blue, cloudless sky had numerous thickly dotted stars, creating an astonis.h.i.+ng sight as if was a fairyland. After looking at it for so long, she felt as if she forgot where she is.

"You're awake?" A warm, soft voice sounded out. Lian Fang Zhou slightly tilted her head. Ah Jian was shooting a smile at her.

She swept her gaze around and found Lian Ze who fell asleep at some unknown time.

Ah Jian whispered, "Let him sleep. He's exhausted from the last few days. Don't worry; the fire is still strong!"

Lian Fang Zhou couldn't help laugh and whisper back, "It should you who is tired! I'll keep watch for a while and you nap as well."

"No need, I'm not tired" Ah Jian shook his head.

Lian Fang Zhou continued. "How can you not be tired? Even if you aren't tired, you still need to rest. These days you worked harder than us!"

After pausing, she lightly sighed. "It's all thanks to you, or else..."

Ah Jian laughed. "You guys took me in. I'm just doing what can. I'm not tired at all. Don't worry; if I need to rest, I'll let you know. "

Seeing that he persist in not resting, she could only leave it be. He pondered for a moment. "In that case, then let's talk! What do you think of Ah Ze- Is his physique suitable for learning martial arts?"

"I don't see anything wrong. Since he has the heart and can succeed in learning, then it's good!" Ah Jian glanced over. He paused before continuing. "I can see that he is learning this for you, right? He wants to protect you and also his younger siblings."

Lian Fang Zhou lightly breathed out. "Actually, it's enough that has that heart. Hmph, it's not going to be easy for those who want to bully me!"

Don't know if Ah Jian didn't understand what she said or if he is pretending not to follow; he nodded in agreement: "With me here, you don't have nothing to worry about! Other matters, I don't understand but at least get robbed, or something won't happen."

Lian Fang Zhou burst out laughing. "What you said is pleasing to hear! I think that one day you'll have to leave!"

"You, you're thinking of kicking me again!" Straight away, Ah Jian became agitated.

Again? Lian Fang Zhou felt speechless on the inside. Isn't it just not agreeing to him staying at the start? Thus becoming a bad guy forever?

"That's not it," Lian Fang Zhou quietly said. " You have your own family and own relative. One day you'll remember everything. When you remember, you'll naturally want to leave. Don't even need me to push you out."

Chapter 52: Mrs. Zhao's scheme

After a pause, she gave a slight nod. "That's right. While I'm at it, I must tell you something. You can rest at ease as you help us do work now. When the time comes for you to leave, I will prepare sufficient travelling fund for you!"

His own family? His relatives?

Hearing these words, he looked up to the sky, which was filled with numerous dotted stars, as if his memory was deep within the starry sky. But he couldn't find it no matter how much he searches.

"Actually, since I lost my memory, there hasn't been one day without thinking of this problem. But no matter how much I think, even til my head hurts, I still can't make anything out. So I already gave up thinking. When I can remember, then I will remember. It's useless to think about it anymore!" Ah Jian sighed with melancholy.

It would be a lie to say he doesn't think of his past.

Lian Fang Zhou nodded with a smile. "Thinking like is right! Take things as they come. I believe Heaven will favor the good! One day you'll remember everything!"

"Then I'll take your word for it!" Ah Jian smiled. Suddenly he frowned again and exhaled out. "Even though I can't remember anything, but when I have time to settle down, my heart feels empty and anxious, as if there's an urgent matter waiting for me to do...But no matter how much I try, I can't remember what it is. I could only feel more and more uneasy."

Lian Fang Zhou quickly comforted him. "Can't remember who you are, what's your past was like or whether you have any worried family member. Of course, you'll feel uneasy! For the time being, you don't have to worry. Wait till we go to the county town, spend some money and rely on a few out of town roadside tea shed to keep an eye out. Maybe there's a chance that one your family come here to search!"

Ah Jian's eyes lit up and ecstatically exclaimed. "Great! It's a wonderful idea. It's just that... you'll have to spend money!

Lian Fang Zhou chuckled. "You're too honest and down to earth. Just with your strength alone, we already benefit a lot from you staying at our place."

They became merrier as they chatted.

Not long later, it gradually became brighter. In the early morning in the autumn mountains, everywhere was covered in thick fog accompanied with gusts of wind. If there weren't for burning kiln, who knows how cold it can be.

Lian Ze has already woke up for a while. The three of them kept on burning as they talked, waiting for Aunt Zhang and her daughter-in-law to switch s.h.i.+ft.

The sun gradually rose up, and the thick fog cleared up. Aunt Zhang and her daughter-in-law rushed over after they had breakfast.

Mrs. Zhao had a bamboo basket hanging from her elbow. Inside were a pot of soup and three set of tableware.

Because Aunt Zhang was worried about the cold weather, she especially had it brought over for the three of them to warm up their body before they left the mountain.

Lian Fang Zhou and the other two gave their thanks and drank the soup. They gave some simple instructions to the Aunt Zhang and Mrs. Zhao before carrying the empty basket down the mountain.

After drinking a hot soup and walked down the mountain road, their exhaustion faded away, and they no longer felt tired when they reached home.

After they washed up and had breakfast, Lian Fang Zhou went to look around the vegetable patch.

In the southwest, the lowest temperature was at most four to five degree in the winter. Usually, it's around eight to nine degree. Winter is the perfect growth time for every type of green leafy vegetable and cabbage. At this time, you can already see big, glossy green leaves.

She pulled some weeds and transplant some seedlings in the vegetable patch. Only when it was around noon, did she feel drowsy and went to nap.

Lian Ze couldn't wait for anymore. That very afternoon, under Ah Jian's teaching he practiced horse stance and strengthened the basic skills. Lian Fang Qing found it fun, so she also giggled as she learned at the side. When Lian Che saw his brother frowned a bit, he pulled her away.

Lian Fang Zhou understood his intention and seeing that he doesn't feel tired, she let him be.

After two more days, they can finally seal the kiln.

The charcoal kiln would be weighed down by the soil when the fire is extinguished. Everyone looked at each other. Their heart was apprehensive.

Because when burning the kiln, you can at least see what's happening. But now it's sealed, whatever changes inside can't be seen!

Since they can't see, naturally they would be more anxious.

"This, can it succeed right?"Li San Ge couldn't help nervously asked Ah Jian.

"There should be no problem! Just waiting for the charcoal to char. Three to four days should be enough." Lian Fang Zhou calmly answered, even though she felt a bit worried at heart.

"Ok!" Li San Ge felt at ease after she laid out the plan. He treated it as Lian Fang Zhou had asked Ah Jian before, and did not overthink of it when she answered his question.

"This, do we still need to guard it?" Uncle Li meticulously asked

Guard it? There's no fire, and there's also no place for shelter. What if they got sick from keeping watch deep in the mountain during the night?

Let's not mention that they can't afford to become sick; there's also the fact that medical treatment standards at this age are very doubtful.

Lian Fang Zhou rushed to say, "This matter, only we know and here is deep in the mountain. I think we don't need to? It was cold here. Wouldn't it be troublesome if we caught a cold?"

"You're right! If we caught the chill, then we'll have to spend money on medicine!" Mrs. Zhao quickly followed up. She left her unspoken words to stay in her stomach. 'By chance, we weren't successful in making charcoal, not only would we not earn money but also make a loss from grabbing the medicine. It wouldn't be worth it!'

Uncle Li, Aunt Zhang and the others felt what Lian Fang Zhou said was reasonable, so they agreed. They settled on waiting four days and then come back here to look.

In angst, they pa.s.sed four days. That day in the afternoon, they came together to open the kiln.

When Ah Jian and Li San Ge carefully dug out the top of the kiln, many pairs of eye swept over at the same time to look, both worried as well as hopeful.

Finally, they dug out an opening and afterheat come pouring out. At that moment, everyone's heart stopped a beat. Then they all happened to cheer at the same time.

They have never felt that black could look so great. Those upright pieces in the middle of the kiln are successfully made charcoal!

"Success! Success! Aiya, mother, it succeeded!" Mrs. Zhao was so delighted that her eyes glowed and her mouth nearly reached her ears.

In her eyes, those dark charcoal are s.h.i.+ny white silver.

"That's right! That's right! Haha, this is wonderful!" Aunt Zhang was also a little bit excited.

Lian Fang Zhou was overjoyed as well, and at the same time, her heart relaxed. This winter, they should be pretty well off.

"Tomorrow we should make a trip to town and check out the market information. " Uncle Li suggested to Lian Fang Zhou.

Naturally, Lian Fang Zhou agreed. If the market condition is right, then they'll dig out another three-four kiln and burn all in one go.

At the side, she examined the freshly made charcoal and pointed out. "The time it took us to open the kiln is a bit long. A lot of this side's charcoal is burnt. Hm, seems like sealing for three days is enough for next time."

Naturally, it's great being able to save one day. Uncle Li felt uncertain and asked Ah Jian if it was like that.

Needless to say, Ah Jian nodded and said. "That's right."

The amount of charcoal made is estimated to be over a thousand jin. The whole Li family and Ah Jian carried it all back in one go. All of it was piled in Uncle Li's courtyard, waiting to sold in town the next day after they borrowed w.a.n.g family's cart.

Seeing the charcoal piled into a mini mountain in their courtyard, Mrs. Zhao felt content like a blooming flower. The more she looked, the more delighted she is.

Suddenly she was struck by an idea. She pulled Li San Ge to the side to quietly discuss. "Making charcoal isn't that hard! Didn't we learn it in one go? It's fine this time. How about next time each family makes their own? That way when doing the account, it wouldn't be troublesome to split. What do you think?"

Once Li San Ge heard these words, he knew what Mrs. Zhao was thinking. 'She thinks that the fact Lian Fang Zhou and Lian Ze are kids and can't help out much, their own family were at a disadvantage!'

Chapter 53: Zhao Family's horrible maid

Li San Ge's face immediately darkened. He simply asked, "Then let me ask you. If it weren't for Ah Jian, would we be able to make charcoal? We just learned it, and now you want to cast them aside. Can your conscience be at ease? They didn't ask for any money when teaching us. You also know that those who know how to make charcoal wouldn't be this generous. If you do this kind of thing, would you have any face to meet them in the future? Now pack away those thoughts as soon as possible. If dad and mum hear it hear it, you'll get a good scolding for a while!"

Mrs. Zhao felt embarra.s.sed or anger hearing these word, and discerningly pointed out with flus.h.i.+ng cheeks, "Ah Jian isn't part of Lian Family, so how did I go against my conscience? I'm doing this for our family. Look at what you're saying as if I was doing it for myself. From what I see, you're the one who's heartless, to accuse me like this!"

She spoke with reddened eyes and nearly teared up.

From the start, Li San Ge wasn't a fine talker like Mrs. Zhao, so hearing those words, he couldn't refute. In a fit of anger, he stomped his feet and bellowed. "You better say less! No matter what, this matter not going to happen!"

Aunt Zhang saw her son and his wife were whispering in the courtyard. When her son suddenly raised his voice, it nearly scared the h.e.l.l out of her. With a frown she chided. "Why are being so fierce to your wife? What? Is it because you feel more superior now that you know how to make charcoal? We still have yet to sell the charcoal for money, and you're already causing a scene! Now stop talking!"

"Mmm." Li San Ge didn't say anything, just sulked out a faint response to let this matter vaguely pa.s.s and walked away. He knew if he explained, his wife would definitely be scolded.

Mrs. Zhao saw that he didn't say anything, her tense heart relaxed. She stood there alone, staring blankly into s.p.a.ce. Then let out an aggrieved sigh and also went back into the house.

Early the next day, Li father and son, Ah Jian and Lian Fang Zhou entered the city together.

Since he got free time, Lian Ze went to the backyard and practiced the basics again.

Now is the middle of October, still have not become winter yet. Charcoal has yet to be sold on the street. In a moment, the four of them was immediately troubled.

They stood out a lot when their cart entered the city. Many people that pa.s.sed by thought how once winter comes, they'll need charcoal and if they buy it now, maybe they'll get it a cheaper. So they then went up to bargain the price.

How would Lian Fang Zhou and the others know the price? The four of them stared at each other. Uncle Li and Li San Ge were so nervous that they started to sweat.

No matter what, they had already come here and ended up pulling back everything. Anyway, the woods in the mountain isn't worth much.

Just when Uncle Li gritted his teeth and planned to give a random price, Lian Fang Zhou had already spoken out. "We're not selling the charcoal yet, need to wait a moment.

Those who heard this answered with an 'oh' or mumbled and left. There were some who was extremely curious and stuck around to find out the reason and also wanted to get a price no matter what. "Why aren't you selling it now?"

Lian Fang Zhou was somewhat mad on the inside and indifferently said, "If you want to know, come back later!"

Seeing the situation, some people just let it go, while others became a little angry. One of them said, "You're so unreasonable, little girl. You already brought it to the city and if you're not selling it, are you planning on pulling it back like this? The adults in your family have yet to speak. What can a little girl like you understand!"

Although Uncle Li doesn't know why Lian Fang Zhou said it like this but seeing her being snapped at, obviously he would help her. "What my niece said counts. Come back later!"

Only then did those people unwillingly left. When they walked away, a good few criticised with words like 'don't know how to do business!'

Lian Fang Zhou didn't let it get to her.

"Fang Zhou, for what reason? We can't bring the charcoal back like this!" Li San Ge was also a bit agitated.

Lian Fang Zhou giggled. "Brother San Ge, don't be anxious! Of course, we'll sell the charcoal. It's just that we don't know the price, so how do we sell it? Won't it be unfortunate, when we sell it at a loss? I was thinking like this. We should leave one here to keep watch, and the other three goes off on their own and investigate last year's price of charcoal. This way we have something to base on, right?

"Ah!" Li San Ge slapped his own head. He laughed, "What you said is reasonable. Why did I not think of it!"

Uncle Li dipped his head in agreement. "Since it's like that, Fang Zhou, you stay here and keep watch. We'll go ask around."

"It's better to let Ah Jian stay here." Lian Fang Zhou vigilantly glanced at their surrounding. And jokingly said, "I can't suppress it if someone one comes looking for trouble!"

This made the four of them burst out laughing.

Uncle Li grinned. "Lian Fang Zhou really thought of everything! Might as well let you two wait here then."

Lian Fang Zhou is a girl, after all, so Uncle Li said this out with a kind heart.

However, Lian Fang Zhou had wanted to look around personally and urged, "It's enough with Ah Jian here. I also go. With the three of us asking around separately. We'll find out more about the situation with one more person.

Uncle Li and Li San Ge couldn't persuade Lian Fang Zhou, could only agree. The three of them discussed for a while and then moved out in three different directions.

The street that Lian Fang Zhou took happened to be the farmer's market. She pretended to examine the wares on the stalls and asked when casually chatting around and imprinted into her mind. Afterward, she went to sit at a tea spot for resting. In pa.s.sing, Lian Fang Zhou asked a person who was drinking tea like her on their view of whether it was expensive or not.

After talking, she got the general gist of it.

When Lian Fang Zhou returned to where the cart stopped, Uncle Li and Li San Ge weren't back yet. But instead, she saw a young girl wearing a white damask long dress, claret vest scattered with floral design and a dark green belt hanging on her waist, like a servant attire, talking to Ah Jian.

She thought it was just a wealthy family wanting to buy charcoal, so didn't pay much heed to it. But when she got closer, she could hear the servant girl's words. Lian Fang Zhou's expression couldn't help change.

She heard the servant arrogantly told him, "I say, from your accent, you're not from here. So you must have come here to earn a living! This is easy to settle then! You follow me back. I promise you, our Master and Young Miss won't mistreat you! How much do you earn a month in your current place? Our Young Miss said we'll give you double that..."

What is the meaning of this?

Immediately Lian Fang Zhou became furious. She loudly yelled ' Ah Jian ' and walked over in long strides.

Ah Jian was already impatient with the servant's pestering. When seeing Lian Fang Zhou return, he was overjoyed, and his face became a bit more high spirited as he called out. "Fang Zhou!"

The servant girl turned around to scrutinize Lian Fang Zhou upon hearing this. Subconsciously pouted her lips and stood there in a reserved manner.

"This miss, are you here to buy charcoal?" Lian Fang Zhou monotonously asked.

The servant girl harrumphed in disdain and steadily stared at her. "You can say that! Since our household use at least three to four thousands jins of charcoal in one winter. Although buying at this time is a bit early, but it's no matter. This bit of charcoal, I'll take it all doesn't make many differences!"

She continued with a smile. "Miss, these charcoal are yours?"

Lian Fang Zhou a.s.sented with a ' yes '.

The servant girl then pointed at Ah Jian and questioned, "So then this guy work for you?"

Lian Fang Zhou's brows subconsciously tightened. She doesn't like the tone of this servant and the way she spoke. She vaguely replied, "Ah Jian is temporarily staying at our place."

Chapter 54: Not knowing how to advance and retreat

"That's perfect then. I found the right person!" The servant girl clapped in joy. "I'm called Xi Que, Zhao Family's Young Miss's personal maid! Just now, our Miss's carriage was startled, and only did this man took action, that nothing terrible happened. Our Miss saw that he got excellent skills and wanted to hire him as a driver. State a price and give him to Zhao Family!"

Xi Que fervently declared it with an expression saying 'state any price, what miss has is money.' The corners of her eyes proudly slanted at Lian Fang Zhou.

Lian Fang Zhou found her hauteur att.i.tude maddening as well as funny. A slave, without any freedom and her life and death the grip of someone else's hand, actually dare act high and mighty in front of her!

If it were other matters, she would reject straight away. But Ah Jian is different. Ah Jian had lost his memory, and if he lived in the city, it would be much easier for him to ask around and also search for by other. So Lian Fang Zhou pulled him to the side and softly counseled. "Ah Jian, whether you want to go with her or not, you consider it carefully and decide for yourself. Perhaps it's more convenient to investigate for information if you live in the city..."

"I don't want to go to whatever Zhao Household. I'll return to Da Fang Village with you!" Ah Jian shooked his head.

Needless to say, Lian Fang Zhou was overjoyed that her eyes shone, but she was still hesitant. "You, you don't need to consider for a bit? After all--"

"No need. Didn't you say we can rely on someone to ask around?" Ah Jian firmly rejected with his head shaking.

He had lost his memory, not his brain. What that Zhao Family's Miss saw in him were his strength and skills. Only in Lian Family's eyes, he could see equality and respect. For some unknown reason, he cared about that.

If not, on the journey, he would have already had a place to stay and wouldn't be here in Yu He County, right?

It's because the people he met, all had s.h.i.+ning eyes when seeing his strength and enthusiastically pressed him to stay with the thoughts of treating him as a servant to order around. So without exception, he rejected them all.

This Zhao Family's Miss is no different from them.

Hearing his remark, Lian Fang Zhou subconsciously relaxed and nodded. "Oh, that's also fine!"

Finally, she turned to speak to Xi Que. "Sorry, Miss Xi Que, Ah Jian isn't willing. So, please return!"

Instantly, Xi Que was shocked still. She couldn't believe it and doubtfully looked at Ah Jian.

Ah Jian affirmed, "What Fang Zhou said is correct. Many thanks for Miss's good intention!"

Xi Que became troubled. She couldn't handle such a small matter, what would Young Miss think of her? At that moment she couldn't care about anything else and walked a few steps over. She stared unwaveringly at Ah Jian and questioned, "Don't you know which Zhao Family's Miss is our Miss? Half of Yu He County's silk and satin workshop, embroidery workshop, p.a.w.n shop and restaurant are part of our Zhao Family's business! Countless people would kill to work for our Zhao Family but can't since our Miss is extremely picky. If you didn't save our Miss, you could only dream of entering Zhao Household's door. Young Miss said, as long as you come, the wage is at least double!"

She gritted her teeth before continuing, "At least two silver per month!"

Ah Jian's eyelid didn't even flutter, his gaze remained calm. He turned down with a headshake. "Miss, please go back!"

Xi Que stomped her feet and glanced at Lian Fang Zhou with suspicion. "Did someone threaten you? Someone not willing to let you go? No need to be afraid! You can tell me, our Zhao Family is one of the most eminent households in Yu He County. Even in front of the County lord, our Master can have a seat!"

Lian Fang Zhou bit her lips to stop herself from laughing. At the same time, she steadily gazed at Xi Que. ' The world still has such conceited person, that's really rare. '

Ah Jian became somewhat impatient and a.s.serted. "I said I won't go means I won't go! Do you hear?"

Xi Que was reduced to silence. However, she didn't give up, she turned to Lian Fang Zhou. "Miss, I want all of your charcoal. Whenever you make charcoal, just send it all to Zhao Manor! No matter how much you give, we'll take it all! This person, you have to give him to our Zhao Family, how about it?

This time Lian Fang Zhou flared up and aloofly replied. "Miss Xi Que, your Zhao Family is very wealthy and ostentatious. You can have anyone you want, so why must it be Ah Jian? And also I had said that it's all up to Ah Jian to decide for himself. He's not willing to go, then there's nothing I can do!"

"Fang Zhou, Ah Jian, what happened?" In the midst of talking, Uncle Li and Li San Ge returned and were giving a curious glance at Xi Que.

Seeing more people coming over, Xi Que didn't want to drag it any longer. Her eyes spun around before softly spoke with a smile. "Brother Ah Jian, my words counts anytime, so give it some more thoughts. When you decided, just come straight to the Zhao Family. Our Zhao mansion is in this city, just ask anyone, and you'll know!"

She shot him a sweet smile and fluttered her eyes coquettishly as she spoke before swaying her hips as she left.

Seeing this kind of acting, Uncle Li and Li San Ge got gooseb.u.mps instantly. You can't blame them, they're an honest farmer, so where could they see this before?

Lian Fang Zhou also got chills all over her body, and internally she nearly rolled with laughter. Huh, even the beauty trap is used. Beauty trap is very picky, not just anyone can use it...

Some people would have the reverse effect if they used it.

Lian Fang Zhou sneaked a glance at Ah Jian. Ah Jian's eyes were filled with disgust, and his brows pinched very high.

"Zhao Family? Everyone in the city knows there's only one Zhao Family. How did you get mixed up with them?" Uncle Li was surprised.

"Cause I was too meddlesome," Ah Jian then gave a run down version of what happened.

Uncle Li and Li San Ge exchanged a glance and was secretly sighed in relief. They agreed with his decision. "It was the right choice to not go with her. That kind of wealthy families only knows how to bully people! If you have a family here, it is a bit better, since you'll have someone to rely on if you ever suffer grievance. But since you aren't from here, with no root or support, you could only suffer bullying from everyone. It's better not to go!"

They just started the charcoal business, and if they lost Ah Jian, it can't help make people feel lost.

"I won't go," Ah Jian a.s.sured.

"Let's not talk about them anymore. Uncle Li and Li San Ge, what have you found about the price?" Lian Fang Zhou drew their attention back to the matters at hand.

Uncle Li and Li San Ge voiced their findings, then Lian Fang Zhou. The four of them discussed for a while before settling on two hundred and twenty-five wen per one hundred jin. Last year it was two hundred and thirty wen for each hundred jin.

Finally, they drove the cart to check the area of inns, restaurant, and shops first. If any of them need some, they would buy a more substantial amount.

There were a good few wanted to order but weren't content with the price. They wanted to drop it by five to six wen, even ten wen. Who knows if, after some time, the cost of charcoal were cheaper. Buy it now was a bit early, but as long as they don't suffer a loss.

Lian Fang Zhou smiled. "Now it's just entered October and the early morning frost almost didn't freeze people to death. It can be seen that this winter will definitely be cold. It goes without saying, charcoal need to be bought. I don't know whether it'll become more expensive if this keeps on but it'll definitely won't be cheap. And also, wasn't it also this price last year? If it could get cheaper, it won't be cheaper than last year, right? And what's more, take a good look. Our charcoal wasn't impaired at all, it's one hundred percent made from burning hardwood. No smoke, resist burning and less ash residue. Those with discerning eyes can tell! We're testing the kiln, this trip, so that's why it's at this price. Next time it won't be at this price!" 

Chapter 55: Zhao Family's Young Miss

The person that wanted to buy heard her words and laughed. He inspected the charcoal again and found it undoubtedly high quality. He jollily remarked. "Miss, the way you talk is very polished, it sounds very reasonable. Alright then, I'll buy some!"

Another jokingly said, "If it really as great as Miss, then I'll buy from you guys next time!"

Making everyone else laughed.

Lian Fang Zhou candidly agreed. Not long later, those charcoal were all sold out.

The four of them gathered together and counted the money. With a two thousand six hundred wen earnt, they were overwhelmed with joy.

Li San Ge rubbed his hands together, and merrily voiced out, "It hasn't even been three days, and earned this much. When we get back, dig more kilns and make more charcoal, so we can sell more!"

"I also had the same thoughts!" Lian Fang Zhou grinned. "Next time, we'll come back when it's a bit colder. Then we can increase another ten wen for each jin!"

"Ah, that much!? Aiya, this year we'll have a pretty comfortable new year!" They all burst out laughing as chatted.

Since it was a rare chance to enter the city, it goes without saying that they would buy some stuff before they return. Lian Fang Zhou and Ah Jian separated from the Li father and son, each buying their own stuff and it was still Ah Jian drive the cart.

"Let's go the four city entrance and entrust someone to look into your matter," Lian Fang Zhou told Ah Jian.

"Alright!" Ah Jian acceded agreeably. After a pause, he continued speaking. "No matter what happens, I'm very grateful to you!"

"Don't say these aloof words!" Lian Fang Zhou chuckled.

This was initially a matter to do in pa.s.sing and with the additional twenty coins and Lian Fang Zhou's and Ah Jian's extremely courteous att.i.tude, those old men, who watched the tea sheds, agreed very straightforwardly with a delighted grin.

After they instructed clearly, they returned back, and Lian Fang Zhou hastily brought some things; few dozens of jin of flour, few bolts of dense and fine cambric, two relatively thick felt blankets, as well as two jin of pork butchered, two pig's bone and a packet of sesame candy for the two little ones.

Once they bought everything, they went to the arranged meeting spot and Uncle Li and Li San Ge was already there waiting.

Lian Fang Zhou felt somewhat embarra.s.sed and hurried to say, "Was delayed for some time, made Uncle Li and Brother San Ge wait!"

Uncle Li waved his hand, "It's nothing! Since it's a rare chance to come to the city, it's not strange to look around for something interesting."

Making everyone laughed. They chatted as they moved the things they bought onto the cart. Ah Jian jumped up to the driver seat and used the whip and drove them out of the city to return home.

Let's not talk about Lian Fang Zhou and the others exiting the city to return back. In another place, in front of Zhao Family's Miss, Zhao Ru Jun was Xi Que, in the midst of reporting.

"Your servant has already investigated properly. That person is called Ah Jian, an outsider who came here to work. Your servant had explained it clearly to him. He said he'll go back and think it over. After two days, he'll give us an answer..."

'With two days efforts, she'll persuade him to work for Zhao Family, no matter what.' Xi Que secretly vowed in mind.

Before when she went to invite him, she had unreservedly boosted in front of Young Miss. Now she couldn't bring him back, what will Young Miss think of her? Will she (Young Miss) still be able to trust her from now from?

Zhao Ru Jun is Master Zhao's only daughter. This year, she's nineteen. Not only is she an alluring beauty, but she also got the brains that many sharp-witted men can't beat!

Currently, more than half of Zhao Family's business is managed by her. Not only did it not suffer any loss, instead it became more and more prosperous.

In the beginning, those relatives of Zhao Family saw that Master Zhao had no son, they covetously eyed on Zhao Family's a.s.sets. Master Zhao's cousins tried different methods one after another to place their own sons at Master Zhao's side.

Phrasing it nicely, they're there to help. But in reality, they're aiming for those properties.

Everyone had the same plan: Master Zhao had no son to continue the line, then he'll have no choice but to choose one of the nephews to adopt, right?

Toward this matter, Master Zhao was vexed as well as helpless.

Of course, he was clear about their little scheme, but he had a total of seven concubines, and not one son was born, so besides adopting a nephew, there are no other solutions! He can't just let the incense fire extinguish 1 and selfishly throw all those a.s.sets into the water! At most, he could pick a good one out of them.

But Zhao Ru Jun had other thoughts.

From young, Zhao Ru Jun was raised like a boy. At the age when one can grab things, she was already playing with an abacus; when kids start learning words, she was looking at accounts. Also, Master Zhao dotes her, so for several years, he took her with him when doing business.

Taught through personal examples, Zhao Ru Jun has become an expert in business, despite her young age. Her formidable decision-making skills and intelligence is even more superior than her father.

With this kind of person, it's only natural that she won't be willing to give her own family's a.s.set to her cousins.

When the cousins entered the Zhao Family's stores, Zhao Ru Jun didn't say anything and showed them all a warm, friendly smile.

Everyone knew that she was the apple of Master Zhao's eye, so it goes without saying to compete in flattering her. As long as she praises a few words in front of Master Zhao, it'll be more effective than working with their life on the line to perform excellently.

So, Zhao Ru Jun very easily sow discord and exacerbate everywhere without batting an eyelid.

Then, without any notice, she placed everyone in a situation she planned. This made those cousins' selfishness clear before everyone's eyes.

Beside dejectedly leaving Zhao Ru Jun's home, they have no other alternative.

What's really impressive, was that no one held a single speck of grudge against Zhao Ru Jun and her father after such anticlimax ending. Instead, the connection between a lot of people turned into death; hating the other for undermining them and exposing their weakness.

Afterward, in this situation with no other alternatives, Zhao Ru Jun and her father invited the clan elders to make a decision- Zhao Ru Jun taking a son-law to marry into their family and in future, the inheritances will go to her descendants. Naturally, the clan elders didn't put in their efforts for nothing.

All the uncles and cousins calmly and peacefully accepted this ending, and no longer aim for Zhao Family's a.s.sets.

They all had the same thought: 'In any case, I don't have a chance, but also I can't let any of you get it so easily!"

When this matter was settled, Zhao Ru Jun was only fifteen.

If she suggested recruiting a son-in-law at the beginning, the clansmen would definitely not agree. They had already thought of Zhao Family's a.s.sets as if it's entirely natural for them to own, so how could they be willing to let an outsider profit? But after experiencing this period of hards.h.i.+p, no one would disapprove. It can be seen how deep her thoughts are.

Not waiting for others to hatch a plan on Zhao Ru Jun's recruiting husband matter, Master Zhao and his daughter had already publicly announced the criteria for the husband selection. This way they can reject those uncles' evil intentions.

Want to marry in? Sure, just follow the rules! Failed to pa.s.s? Well, that's because your qualification isn't sufficient; can't blame anyone else!

Of course, if she found someone she fancied, she will have a plan to make that person fit the criteria.

But the problem is that after so many years, she still hasn't found anyone that can enter her eyes.

However, she wasn't anxious. As long as she nods her head, would she still not be able to find a husband?

Hearing Xi Que's words, Zhao Ru Jun remained silent and her slender white hand held a teacup, while her other hand used the lid to lightly dabble with the tea foam and hanging by the side of her face were seed-beaded ta.s.sel, which slightly shook. It shows a completely leisurely demeanor. The imposing aura exuding from within her made people unable to stare at her.

A strand of pressure that can make one nervous flowed into the atmosphere.

Subconsciously, Xi Que licked her lips, and her breath became blocked as if her throat was gripped by an invisible hand.

"Tell the truth!" After a pause, Zhao Ru Jun spoke lightly. Her tone carried a hint of laziness, and within that laziness laced with power that allows no defiance.

Chapter 56: No matter what, you must get him.

"Miss!" With a plop, Xiao had kneed down. In a trembling voice, she owned up. " That Ah Jian... he... he's really ungrateful, to actually not come! And that master of his was also saying bad things and instigating him at the side! I should not have lied to Miss, your servant deserve death!"

Zhao Ru Jun glance at her said indifferently, "Death is too severe, beating is more like it! As you have attended me for so many years, you should know my personality? What I hate the most is people lying to me! In a while, go accept your punishment, ten slaps! And also."

Zhao Ru Jun roughly ponder for a moment, then continued, "That person called Ah Jian or something, his abilities are superb. With one glance, you can tell he had practiced! Since you run your mouth with wild boasts at the beginning, then this will still be handled by you. No matter what, you have to bring him to our household!"

Although that person was dressed in a brown course cloth that was nearly washed white, the imposing air and composure embedded within him and those lust like varnish and deep as the ocean eyes weren't ordinary.

At that time, when he grasped the reins to control the frenzied horse, his movement was done in one smooth motion like flowing water. What was impossible matter in others' eyes, was a simple task that didn't need to be mentioned to him. With just his oblivious calmness, he outmatched countless people.

Zhao Ru Jun had a feeling, that if she could recruit him for her own use, she'll definitely won't have anything to lose.

"Listen carefully, for the wages, let him choose." Zhao Ru Jun came back from her thoughts and added on.

Xi Que quickly acceded. But when the words registered in her mind, she was so surprised that she let out a cry and looked at Zhao Ru Jun. Seeing Zhao Ru Jun was coldly stared at her, she knew she had lost her composure and hurriedly hung her head down. "Yes, your servant understand!"

Xi Que couldn't understand Zhao Ru Jun's line of thoughts, wondered if Miss wanted to repay her saviour this way? Even if you wish to compensate your saviour, you shouldn't use this method! No matter who it is, with this chance, they'll definitely open their mouth like a lion. 1

What she didn't know was that Zhao Ru Jun deduce that Ah Jian wasn't that kind of person. With that kind of skills and that kind of aura, he's definitely not that type of person.

Lian Fang Zhou and Ah Jian had returned home. Those at home saw that the bought a lot of things again and also earned of money, became delighted and rejoice as they busied.

Lian Fang Zhou announced with a grin. "Today, we bought a lot of flour and also some diced meat, so let's have dumpling for dinner! In a moment I'll go to the vegetable patch and cut some chive, pull some celery and pick some cabbage, so we can use them with the meat as filling!"

In the rural areas, it's a rare treat to be able to have to dumplings once or twice in a year, even more so for the meat filling ones. So, Lian Fang Qing and Lian Che are delighted. Third Aunt was also happy, she rushed to suggest, "Get more vegetables, so we can make more! The days are getting colder so it can be kept for longer. We can also have it for breakfast tomorrow! Ah, it's better that I go to the veggie patch!"

"Alright then, Third Aunt, you go!" Lian Fang Zhou chuckled and did not stop her.

Lian Fang Zhou called Ah Jian over. Se then counted six hundred wen and gave it to him. Not waiting for her to speak, he had already pushed it back to her. "Why are you giving it to me? I have no use for it even I have it!"

"If I don't give you, how can my conscious be at ease? You contributed a lot to making charcoal!" Lian Fang Zhou pointed out with a smile.

Ah Jian replied. "I live here and also eat, wear and use your stuff. If I also take the money, I would be the one with a troubled conscious! So keep it! In future, if one day, when I remember who I am and decided to leave, you can prepare some traveling fund for me then.

Lian Fang Zhou couldn't change his mind, could she complied. She treated it as saving the money on his behalf. In her mind, she pondered about later in the evening, if she should give twenty-thirty wen to Third Aunt, so she has some money at hand. During this period of time, it's a blessing that Third Aunt was helping out with some housework at home and watching over the two little ones.

Third Aunt returned from picking vegetables. When Lian Fang Zhou saw the big bundle of cabbage, chives, and celery, she was speechless. With a laugh, she spoke. "Third Aunt, we won't be able to use that much vegetables! It's a rare chance to have dumpling, honestly, less veggie and uses more meat.

"You said the reverse!" Third Aunt replied straight away. "The true way of doing it is to add lots and lots of vegetable! This way we can have two meals!"

If it were before, Lian Fang Zhou would rather have all vegetable filling. But after living a period of time without oil, she felt like her eyes would light up whenever meat is mentioned.

She had wanted to eat one meal of meat filled dumpling for a long while now, so would she be willing to listen to Third Aunt? Just the thought of those stocky dumplings filled entirely with meat, mmm, with one bite, spilled with meaty juice and the delicious taste of flour, mouthwatering pork and tasty vegetables merged together, it's a bottomless pit of deliciousness making the whole body comfortable!

Lian Fang Zhou persuade with all her might; saying the next meal, they can have dumpling filled with egg and cabbage if they want and these days they're exhausted from work so must have one good meal; only then, did Third Aunt reluctantly agreed.

Immediately, the whole family became busy. Third Aunt made the dough, Lian Fang Zhou washed the two jin cut of pork and cut it to pieces before mincing it, the other three Lian siblings washed the vegetables. Only Ah Jian got no task, so he went to the courtyard to chop firewood.

After finis.h.i.+ng chopping the pork, it was placed in a giant basin-like bowl. Then the chives and celery were finely cut into tiny pieces and added together to the bowl. Afterward, some chopped up scallion was sprinkled on top. A layer of salt was evenly distributed on top of all that, and with a bamboo chopstick, everything was mixed well. Soon the meat and vegetable were well combined.

Third Aunt had already set aside the kneaded dough to rise and ordered Lian Ze to get water from well. She carefully cleaned the square table and pan, so it's ready for rolling out the dough. The pan is for holding the made dumplings.

At this side, the entire preparation was done, Lian Fang Zhou had just brought over the bowl of filling over and asked "The dough is ready? We can make a lot of dumpling with these filling!"

Third Aunt began to whine when she saw the a.s.sembled filling. "Aiya! Why is there just this much vegetable? Such wasteful usage of meat!"

Lian Fang Zhou grinned. "More than enough veg is added in. It's fine like this! It'll taste more scrumptious!"

"That goes without saying! With this much meat, how could it not be tasty..." Seeing that Lian Fang Zhou wasn't yielding, Third Aunt could only suffer a toothache for a while.

After the dough raised enough, Third Aunt then scattered two handfuls of flour around evenly on the table. The dough was rolled into a few long sticks, and she squeezed out tangyuan 2 -size lumps. Then Lian Fang Zhou rolled them out with the rolling pin.

Lian Ze and the twins sat on one side, wanting to help but don't know how. Just from watching, Lian Fang Qing was itching for doing something. She eagerly asked: "Sister, Sister, what can we do? What can we do?"

"You guys?" Third Aunt chortled. "Just wait to eat!"

"Don't want to! We also want to help!" Lian Fang Qing was unwilling. She kept staring at Lian Fang Zhou with longing.

Lian Fang Zhou chuckled. "In a while, Sister will teach you how to fill and fold the dumpling. Sister needs to roll out more dough."

"Sis, I'll roll them! Um, how about letting Big Brother Ah Jian do? Big Brother AH Jian got lots of strength!" Then Lian Ze suggested and swiftly ran out to call for Ah Jian.

Lian Fang Zhou wrily smiles and thought, 'this isn't a task about strength or not. '

Chapter 57: Making dumplings

In a short moment, Ah Jian was pulled in by Lian Ze. Initially, Lian Fang Zhou thought Ah Jian wasn't willing to do this kind of housework, but who knew that he wasn't very particular about it. He went to stand at one side of the table, turned to ask Lian Fang Zhou cheerfully, "Did you called for me to do this? Ok, teach me how to do it!"

Lian Fang Zhou considered how with more people they can be quicker, so she demonstrated as she gave simple pointers. Afterward, she let him try.

Lian Fang Zhou waited at the side to watch him messed up. However, Ah Jian never gave the chance to. With one try, he was able to master it. The dumpling wrap was rolled out fast, even and looks good.

"Ah Jian is very skilled, to be able to do anything!" Even Third Aunt couldn't hold back her praise when she saw. And also mentally added, -'it was the right decision to let him stay!'

Lian Ze glanced over at Ah Jian. With a proud beam, he thought, how could such a small task trouble his teacher? He was able to master more difficult martial arts!

In contrast, Ah Jian was acting modestly. He politely smiled and a.s.serted. "It was Fang Zhou who explained so easy to understand."

This made Lian Fang Zhou burst out into chuckles.

Lian Fang Zhou had her hands freed up, so she taught her three siblings how to fill and fold the dumpling. She showed them how to do each and every step.

This was a slightly harder technique. The dumplings the three little ones made was supposed to be dumpling in essence but can't really be called one in shape. Looking at those oddly shaped appearances made them continuously laugh.

And also Lian Fang Zhou had highlighted, "Other parts doesn't matter but one thing you must definitely do is seal the filling in properly!"

The three of them was afraid of leaving gaps, so they kept on pinching the edge hard with anxiety. Resulting in the dumplings looking much more terrible.

Third Aunt couldn't bear to watch it anymore. With a bang, she stopped her doing the work at hand and criticized. "You call that dumpling!? It's a disgraceful sight! Ah Ze, you do this. I'll let you see what is truly called dumpling!"

The Lian siblings studied Third Aunt's quick, smooth movement of holding the dough, filling it, enclosing it and pinched out neat folds. A full and bulging, neatly folded, snow white dumpling was produced. Compare to the siblings' weirdly shaped one, you can't compare them at all.

The siblings gasped in surprise, "Third Aunt is really cool!"

Third Aunt waved her hand. "You two little ones, go do what you're supposed to be doing one. With me here, is enough! Fang Zhou, go heat the water. Once the water boil, we can cook the first batch!"

"There's so much. We'll also help out or else how long would it take for you to finish?" Lian Fang Zhou quickly pointed out. Just when she finished speaking, she saw the pan had another four bulging, pretty dumpling on it. She immediately corrected herself. "I'll go to the kitchen and boil water."

With this pace, it'll be as fast as them four siblings doing it!

Lian Fang Qing and Lian Che helped to get the dough b.a.l.l.s and lined the dumplings. They chatted and laughed lively as they watched the process in great relish.

After the water boiled, Lian Fang Zhou came over. As expected, there are already a few dozen dumplings made. She happily said: "I'll go cook them. In a while, we'll eat first before we make the rest."

"Sister, I'll help you watch the fire!" Lian Fang Qing cast aside the work at hand and gleefully declared. She followed her to the kitchen.

Not long later, a large pan of the delicious dumpling was out of the steamer. Lian Fang Zhou used a bowl to hold them when she brought it out. She had also brought the small bowl and chopsticks. She merrily called everyone, " Quickly eat these! Just perfect, I'll have this batch cooked. Tonight we'll be having a feast!"

In the midst of the swirling steam, a fragrant smell drifted around. Everyone exclaimed out ' smells delicious!' as they sat together to start eating.

"It's really yummy! I had never had such delicious dumpling before!" Lian Fang Qing took a bite, finding the taste was really unforgettable.

Third Aunt also sighed out, "Let's not about someone as young as you, even I haven't tried a dumpling like this before! With this generous amount of meat, how could it not be mouth-watering!"

Causing everyone to erupt in laughter.

Lian Fang Zhou then laughed, "What's this? Our life will definitely get better and better, so wait until you get tired of eating it one day! Hm, when it's New Year, we'll buy some pork again. While we're at it, we'll buy some lamb, chicken, fish and made few more kinds of dumpling filling!"

"You can really dream, ah! " Third Aunt scolded with a smile at her.

Lian Ze followed up, "We'll have enough when we make a few more batch of charcoal, so we'll do however Sister want it!"

Third Aunt heart was moved and thought of asking how much they earned from selling charcoal. She was so focused and overjoyed about the things they bought back, that she forgot to ask.

After some thoughts, in this house, she's not the family head. There's a chance she might make Lian Fang Zhou displease if she asked. So why bother? She swallowed up the unspoken question and happily gobbled up the dumplings.

Through the merry chatters, they quickly finished the big bowl of dumplings. Lian Fang Zhou had already brought over the second bowl of freshly cooked ones.

"It's a pity that we don't have any vinegar. Next time we'll need to buy some to dip in. The taste would we much better and not get tired of it." Lian Fang Zhou uttered.

Third Aunt exclaimed. "Aiya, how could we get tired of it? We won't even if we had it every day!"

Making everyone burst into laughter.

With this bowl finished, everyone was stuffed. They started wrapping the rest of the filling into dumplings and neatly stored them there. Afterward, they tidied up and prepared to bathe and sleep.

Third Aunt was in the kitchen was.h.i.+ng the dishes when Lian Fang Zhou came in and gave her thirty nuggets to Third Aunt. "These days, it was hard on Third Aunt. Take this bit of money to keep at hand!"

"For me?" Third Aunt was surprised as well as delighted. She smiled like a Ches.h.i.+re cat as she reached out to receive it. But that and withdrew when it was midway. "This, there's no need! I'm eating and living here as well as getting newly cutted-out clothes and newly made shoes. Which one of these isn't money? How could I still take your money!"

"You can just accept it!" Lian Fang Zhou stuffed the big bundle handkerchief wrapped nuggets into Third Aunt's hand. She insisted with a grin, "You deserve it! Next time we profit, there's more!"

"Oh, this, I'll accept it then! Usually, I would have to refrain myself from asking you to buy some needle, threads and the like!" Third Aunt no longer refuse. Hearing that there's more in future, She became blooming in joy, and all displeasure dissipate. After some contemplation, she turned to Lian Fang Zhou to express her usefulness. "One thing, yesterday, that cow, Mrs. Qiao wanted to enter our veggie patch to steal. When I saw her, I gave her a good scolding and drove her away! Next time she dares to come, I won't let her off!"

"Aunt is really outrageous! Third Aunt, I'll have to trouble you in the future!" Lian Fang Zhou expressed.

"That goes without saying! This kind of matter isn't suited for you young girls and the younger generation to do. In future, you'll still need to marry-- cough, I need to wash the dishes. You should quickly wash up and sleep! The pot on the stove still has hot water!"

All at once, Third Aunt recalled that Lian Fang Zhou had her engagement broken. So in the middle of her sentence, she changed the topis in an instant.

Lian Fang Zhou also didn't expose that. She just nodded with a smile. "Ok, I'll go now then! You should also rest up early later."

She didn't care about it all. So what if she remained unmarried for the rest of her life?

Chapter 58: The harassing Xi Que

As to Mrs. Qiao, what Third Aunt said was right. She is an elder after all.

There's a lot of things Lian Fang Zhou can't do. From the beginning, she had asked Third Aunt to keep an eye out on ordinary days. Or else, even if it's a small petty matter, she has no might to dispute with Mrs. Qiao.

If you argue about, then you seem to be stingy, and the younger generation can't act like that. If you don't bother with it, then other will gain an inch and want a foot. Perhaps, a whole other pest may appear!

After getting the taste of benefits, Uncle Li's whole family, Lian Fang Zhou, and the others worked with great drive. Early the next day they headed to the mountain again.

Another three kilns could be dug out in that area. So they'll end up with four holes. With one patch of charcoal, one family could earn around four to five silver! Making a few more rounds, it's also enough for a year's expenditure.

This day, Lian Ze, Ah Jian, Uncle Li, and Li San Ge dugout the new kilns. While the women chopped the firewood and wood for charring.

Because they had the previous experience, and also, more importantly, the abundant profit from the last time, they got three new kilns freshly made in a day and a half! After that, the men joined in chopping wood.

What the mountain has is an endless amount of trees. With two and a half days, not only do they have the wood to be placed in the kiln ready, but they also had firewood for burning the kiln done too.

Ah Jian, Lian Fang Zhou, Uncle Li, and Lian Ze, the four of them filled the kiln and lit it up. Aunt Zhang and Mrs. Qiao continued chopping firewood, looking for wood. Since even if this patch of kilns is finished, they still have a use for them.

And also, under Zhao Ru Jun's order, Xi Que had rushed over to Da Fang village in a horse carriage the next day after breakfast with the address her subordinate found.

Unfortunately, Ah Jian and Lian Fang Zhou were in busy earning money for New Year and had already headed to the mountain. So, Xi Que missed the boat.

Toward this, Xi Que didn't find it too surprising. Rural people ma, how could they not go out and work in the daylight and stay at home? Thankfully, she was prepared for it.

Xi Que took out a large red rectangular invitation from her bosom and handed it over to Third Aunt to let her give it to Ah Jian. Telling her, she'll be coming again tomorrow.

Receiving the invitation, then he'll have to entertain guest or else it's terrible manner! Xi Que mentally praised how smart she was as she walked away pleased with herself.

But she had forgotten that it was her, who dropped in the invitation, and it wasn't Ah Jian willingly accept it.

And also, how could rural people understand these common courtesies? Lian Fang Zhou wasn't an inhabitant of this era, so she even doesn't know.

Therefore, Xi Que's invitation was resplendently ignored.

Ah Jian pushed it to Lian Fang Zhou with a frown. "You go brush it off!"

Lian Fang Zhou responded: "This Zhao Family, how come they're this overbearing!? Can't they peacefully let it go? Let's just ignore them; tomorrow we'll go on like usual!"

Ah Jian strongly approved.

Waiting until the second day, when Xi Que came, Third Aunt returned that invitation without waiting for her to speak. With a face full of contempt, she also said, "This toy is pretty to look at but doesn't have any use at all. It's too hard even to use it to wipe the bottom clean. Take it back! Our family doesn't feed idle people. Ah Jian had already gone to work! While you ah, it's better for you to go back!"

Xi Que was paralyzed from anger. Her hand was gripping on the invitation that Third Aunt stuffed back, somehow unable to recover her sense.

Once she regained her wits, she glared at Third Aunt, and her first sentence was: "I'm the city's Zhao Family's people!"

Third Aunt wasn't the kind of person willing to suffer. Her eyes glared back even more force. "I know that. You said before!"

As she spoke, her lips had curled into a sneer, so what if you're from the city. Is the city that great? If it's so great, then why are you running to our countryside?

Xi Que paused and thought for a moment. She frustratedly laughed at herself:that's right. Rural people don't understand these courtesies. It was her who thought too highly of them. It was like giving coquettish glances at a blind man. This old woman must have never entered the town before so it can be forgiven since she doesn't know Zhao Family.

Xi Que calmly took a look at Third Aunt and opened her mouth to say some words of sarcastic ridicule. But reconsidered, when she remembered that Ah Jian was working for this family. Since she wants to take him from them, she can't start quarreling with her. Otherwise, what should she do, when they don't let him go.

So whatever words she wants to say, can only wait until Ah Jian leave his employment first.

Therefore, Xi Que gave a restrained smile and turned to leave.

The next day during the evening, Xi Que came again.

Seeing her, Third Aunt said with a long face on, "I say, are you a haunting ghost that can't be dispelled? What thing does this poor household have that had pining for it? That is worth a few trips to come here!?"

At Zhao Ru Jun's side, Xi Que gained some importance. She had always compliment herself to be 'more aristocratic than those ordinary family's proper miss.' Hearing Third Aunt's words, she considered how she is aiming at Ah Jian, and her face couldn't help start flus.h.i.+ng. She bit her lips and glared at Third Aunt.

How could Third Aunt be afraid of her? She rolled her eyes, impatiently waved her hands as she said, "Leave, leave! Don't poke around here. I need to sweep the ground! In a moment, if you're dress get dirty, then don't blame me!"

Xi Que glanced around the clean ground and became mad. She angerly vented. "I say you rural woman, how could you say this kind of word!"

"Oh, who's family's miss is this? To actually come running to this rural woman to show off!" Third Aunt raised her voice even louder as she took out a bamboo brush from the corner of the corridor.

Xi Que wanted to flare up but can't. She could only resentfully retreated from of the courtyard to the outside. However, she remained there, unwilling to leave.

With this, Third Aunt began wondering. She stretched out her neck to peek at her, mumbling a bit and no longer bother with her. "It couldn't be that this la.s.s got a spell cast on her... "

It can be seen that the sun was setting, but Xi Que still didn't see him come back and anxiety started to set in. Unconsciously, she sc.r.a.ped the mud on under her feet. She still needed to rush back to the city. The sky is about to darken, so it's also not easy for the carriage to travel.

Before the eyes, the remaining strip of sunset disappeared. Xi Que stomped her feet in frustration. She could only enter the carriage and doubled back.

The next day, she had learned her lesson. Dawn had just broken out, and she pressed the driver to head to Da Fang village. That driver had already accompanied her for few trips now and was a bit fed up. Both his thoughts' and words' meaning was: Just attending to you, Miss Xi Que, do still even need to take care of Master, Madam and Young Miss?

Xi Que only stared at him as she harrumphed and spoke. "Today's trip, I won't let you do it for nothing! Thirty coins should be enough right? And also, this task was instructed by Miss. If you have the ability, then don't go!

After finis.h.i.+ng, she turned to get onto the carriage.

Zhao Family doesn't have only this carriage. So how could it delay the masters from going out? She knew the driver dislike that he didn't get any reward for transporting her on a few trips.

Towards her att.i.tude, the driver also felt peeved. But for thirty coins, he disgruntledly swung his whips and drove the carriage. His mouth was still mumbling. "So pretentious, acting like a prestigious miss. Few days work, and all I get is just this bit of money. You still dare to brag..."

Xi Que's face turned white in indignation. Inside the carriage, she shot a fierce glare toward the curtain of the carriage that separated the outside and swore she'll definitely get the task done today!

When Xi Que arrived at Lian's home, the Lian family had yet to leave. Only from Third Aunt's mouth, they all know Xi Que had been coming over every day.

Seeing her coming here bright and early, Lian Fang Zhou was slightly speechless. That Zhao 1 Family must be really short of staff, otherwise, why are they set on hiring Ah Jian? I have never heard of any employer going this far before. Even the head-hunting company won't be this hara.s.sing, right?

"It's better that you go explain it clearly to her! I don't know if she find it tedious to make a trip after a trip, but I am tired of looking at it!" Lian Fang Zhou glanced at Ah Jian.

Chapter 59: The harassing Xi Que (2)

Ah Jian hurriedly spoke out. "Coming over is her matter, I didn't say I would go with her."

When hearing this, Lian Fang Zhou burst into chuckles. Lian Fang Qing was in the midst of was.h.i.+ng her face when she lifted her head and daintily called out. "Big Brother Ah Jian, even if want to leave, I won't allow you to. Our family can't bear for you to leave."

Ah Jian grinned happily as his heart settled down. Then he turned to go out.

"Ah Jian," Xi Que saw Ah Jian as if she found a giant gold nugget that had fallen down from heaven. That intense friendliness made Ah Jian step back. With a frown, "Didn't I express it clearly? I'm not going to Zhao family!"

Xi Que came to a halt. She hadn't said it yet and already got rejected by him. She mentally called him a fool, blockhead and the likes. Today she had especially dressed up, did he not see that? If he saw, then how he could bear to reject her?

"It's like this, "Xi Que stood her ground, as she softly spoke. "That xx day you saved our Miss, and since our Miss is a person who would repay her grat.i.tude, she insisted that I must invite you to our household! Isn't the city better than here? There are so many people want to enter our household but can't. This is a great opportunity! Don't worry, Zhao Family won't mistreat you. Our Miss said how much salary you want, is up to you to choose. Once you enter our household, you'll also get two sets of new clothes. So don 't be foolish anymore! You are our Miss's savior, once you arrive in Zhao Family, who wouldn't place important to you?"

Not waiting for her to finish, Ah Jian interrupted. "Are you done speaking? Now it is my turn to speak. I'm not going! Please return!"

Then he turned to leave.

"Hold on a moment! "Xi Que became anxious. She rushed over to block Ah Jian from the front, and with a sheepish smile, "I believe you didn't hear me. Our Miss said the salary is up to you to choose!"

"Please return!" Without batting an eye, Ah Jian still repeated. Xi Que became anxious. She mentally cursed him non stop. She carefully inspected Ah Jian once. And immediately stomped her feet and reached out to grasp Ah Jian's sleeve. Her cheeks flushed as she quietly and coyly said: "I'm Miss's first cla.s.s maid. If you're willing to go, how about I... I marry you-"

As if he was burnt, Ah Jian hurried to fling her hands off him. He retreated backward, and with a frown, he bellowed: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Since he came to Lian Household, Ah Jian always had a smile when he spoke with anyone. The Lian Family had never heard him shout like this before, especially when it carries anger.

Inside the house, the Lian siblings, as well as Third Aunt, was shocked. They all looked blankly at each other.

"What's, what's going on? "Third Aunt murmured.

"I'll go out check it out!" Lian Fang Zhou rushed out.

Xi Que thought that she, a real and gorgeous girl, taking the initiative to say this, Ah Jian would become speechless from joy. Who would have known that he would yell at her instead. She became embarra.s.sed as well as enraged. Instantly tears welled up in her eye.

"Ah Jian, what has happened?"Lian Fang Zhou asked.

Xi Que immediately became unsettled. If Ah Jian spoke out the truth, would she still have the face to see people?

Ignoring her own embarra.s.sed anger, she stepped up, and her knees softened and kneeled in front of Lian Fang Zhou. She pulled on Lian Fang Zhou's sleeves and begged. "Miss Lian, I beg you. Let Ah Jian go with me. I beg of you. No matter how much charcoal you make, I'll buy them all, alright?"

Immediately, Lian Fang Zhou felt a burst of disdain. This counts as negotiating condition right? If she agreed, what kind of person would she become? What's more, she never thought of accepting from the start -- And what does this matter has to do with her?

If Ah Jian wanted to go, although it's regretful that they'll lose their main working force, she still wouldn't say anything.

"I say, Miss Xi Que, didn't I already tell you? The decision is up to Ah Jian. Don't ask me. He is temporarily staying at our house. He's not our hired hand!"

Lian Fang Zhou politely spoke and tried to pull off Xi Que hand. But Xi Que's hand was like it grew on her sleeve. No matter how she couldn't get it off. Lian Fang Zhou's face flashed a hint of annoyance. She might as well stand there unmoving. 'If you want to kneel, then kneel. Want to grab then grab!'

How is this begging someone? This is simply acting shamelessly!

Xi Que, who had Miss Lian rolling off her tongue long and short as she continuously pleads, abruptly found that she was putting on a one-person show. She halted before her voice gradually turned quieter and no longer cause a scene.

Lian Fang Zhou unexpectedly pull back her sleeve with great force from her grasp and said, "Miss Xi Que, we still need to head up to the mountain to work. So do as you please!"

Ah Jian was already run out of patience. So without any more thoughts, he turned to walk away.

"Miss Lian!" Xi Que became frantic. She rushed forward to reach out two arms to stop Lian Fang Zhou. With reddened eyes, she sobbed. "I'll be honest with you! Our Miss has already spoken out, if I cant invite Ah Jian back, she, she won't want me anymore. sob sob ... Miss Lian, I beg of you to be kind. Let Ah Jian make a trip over, please. Staying or not, let him tell our Miss. This way I can report to our Miss!"

Xi Que continuously begged Lian Fang Zhou. Ah Jian made her lose face, so she was too humiliated to ask him.

Lian Fang Zhou wrinkled her brow and looked over to Ah Jian. After some consideration, Ah Jian spoke. "I make a trip over to explain things clearly and come back."

"The sooner you go, the sooner you come back," Lian Fang Zhou nodded. Although they haven't known each other long, she still understands Ah Jian's personality. It's impossible for Zhao Family to make him stay.

"That's wonderful! Thank you, Miss Lian! Many thanks, Miss Lian!"Xi Que was overjoyed. She quickly asked. "Ah Jian, shall we go now?"

Xi Que felt proud of her pity-seeking act on the inside. In her opinion, the reason for Ah Jian not willing to work for Zhao Family is because he never been to Zhao Family place or seen Zhao Family's ostentation. As long as he witnesses it, he will definitely change his mind.

Ah Jian glanced at Xi Que, with full of cautiousness. "You go back first. I'll go by myself."

"Why go to such trouble? I happen to have a carriage here! "Xi Que courteously grinned. Ah Jian gave her an apathetic gaze with inexplicable thoughts that need not be brought to open. If Xi Que could paw him in public, then who knows what she would do when n.o.body is around. Ah Jian doesn't want to gain some messy reputation.

Xi Que understood Ah Jian 's expression, her face immediately redden. Ashamed she said, "Then, then I'll leave first. Don't make our Miss wait long."

And she finished without bidding Lian Fang Zhou goodbye. She speeded into the carriage as if she was escaping.

Lian Fang Zhou wasn't bothered by her att.i.tude. Instead, she swept up and down at Ah Jian with a strange gaze. This made Ah Jian feel uneasy. He forced a smile, "Why, why are you looking at me like that?"

Initially, Lian Fang Zhou wanted to ask, but when she thought about Xi Que behavior, afraid it was very likely something terrible. And she replied with, "Oh, its nothing much. Since you promised her, then you should quickly go."

"Ok, I'll come back earlier and make it in time to chop more wood to char!" Seeing that she wasn't going to grill him, Ah Jian sighed in relief and hurriedly nodded with a grin.

Lian Fang Zhou chuckled and said. "I didn't say you need to rush to work for half day. You don't need to be hasty. Just rest in the afternoon!"

Ah Jian just smiled, didn't respond. Not long later, he went out.

Chapter 60: Want to have a share (1)

Third Aunt saw that Ah Jian left, she couldn't resist grumbling to Lian Fang Zhou. Saying what if he went and never came back?

Not waiting for her sister to answer, Lian Fang Qing s.n.a.t.c.hed to say, "Brother Ah Jian isn't that kind of person! He'll definitely come back. "

Third Aunt continued. "Oh, what if it's possible? This isn't his home after all!. That hounding Zhao Family mostly likely will give him more salary than us."

Then Lian Fang Zhou blandly pointed out. "If he wanted to leave like this, could we make him stay?"

Immediately, Third Aunt turned silent. She mumbled a bit then declared, "If it's like that, don't give him a penny from the profit of selling the charcoal."

Lian Fang Zhou secretly rolled her eyes and didn't say anything.

Then Lian Che mentioned: "We'll be fine but what about Second Brother? He's learning martial arts from Brother Ah Jian!"

"I'm with Qing-er. I believe Brother Ah Jian will definitely come back!" Lian Ze rushed to proclaim. After a pause, he continued. "If he doesn't come back, what Sister said is reasonable..."

Lian Fang Zhou gave him a rea.s.suring smile. "If you still want to learn martial arts, there's nothing to it. We'll go discuss it with him and let him teach like usual. I believe he won't refuse."

Lian Ze wrinkled his brow. "If it's like that, then I won't learn from him!"

Lian Fang Zhou questioned him with a serious face, "Why?"

Lian Ze remained quiet.

Lian Fang Zhou continued on speaking. "I understand your meaning. Firmly believe if he's not a genuine person, then you don't want to learn from him, right?"

Lian Ze froze then lightly nodded.

Lian Fang Zhou then said, "When looking at people, use your heart! Don't just look at the matter on the outside. What kind of person is Ah Jian, we can already see from this period of time, right? If he wanted to stay in Zhao Family, then he must have his reason. We can't paint him black or white just based on one matter. Isn't that right?"

The matter in this world, isn't completely white or black? Usually, Lian Ze's disposition is too upright. Lian Fang Zhou had long wanted to find a chance to educate him.

Seeing him not respond, she then explained about how it's more convenient for Ah Jian to stay in the city to search for news on missing people. Only then Lian Ze was surprised and said. "If it's really like that...then ... then we can't blame him."

"It's great that you understand!" Lian Fang Zhou beamed.

After breakfast, the four siblings entered the mountain. Lian Ze and Lian Fang Zhou chopped wood for charring. Lian Fang Qing and Lian Che were also occupied. They helped to transport. In the beginning, Lian Fang Zhou didn't want those two to come, but they persist in following them to the mountain to play. Lian Fang Zhou could only let them be. In any case, it's up to them whether they help or play.

Not long after it pa.s.sed noon, Ah Jian arrived.

The three of them gave a giant sigh of relief. Lian Fang Qing flew over to Ah Jian and pulled his hand as she happily cried out. "Brother Ah Jian, you finally came back!"

Ah Jian rubbed her little head with a grin and glanced at Lian Fang Zhou.

Lian Fang Zhou's heart subconsciously relaxed. She nodded to him, grinning, "The matter is settled?"

Ah Jian simply answered with 'mm' and nothing else was spoken.

Lian Fang Zhou also didn't ask anymore. "That's great. Leaving the matter unclear, is asking for trouble after all. "

The second round of charcoal was soon out of the stove. With the previous experience, they had a more accurate grasp of time this round. Not only was the yield much higher, but two days were saved.

The two families were like groundhogs storing food as they chopped firewood and wood for charring non-stop. The flat spot beside the kilns was piled into a little mountain. After the charcoal in the kilns was taken out, it (i think it's referring to the kiln) was cooled for half a day then it can be refilled. The process was even quicker.

This time around, the four kilns made a total of over five thousand jin of charcoal. That means eleven-twelve silver and one family can get a share of five-six silver.

One haul after another, the dark gleaming charcoal was moved to the home. On everyone face was rippled with joy.

Mrs. Zhao was smiling till her teeth overshadow her eyes. Her thought was on the discussion about to get two sets of clothes, buying a silver hairpin and a pair of earring for New Year...

That day they just came back from the mountain, Lian Li and Mrs. Qiao were at the door, calling out "Anyone there?" and barged right in.

Lian Fang Zhou swept a glance over, it seems that they have prepared. Deep down she understood the couple was definitely waiting near the entrance so that once she was back, they'll come over.

She raised her hand to comb the loose hair and stepped up to welcome with a smile pasted on. "Uncle and Aunt, you must have nothing to do! Please take a seat."

Lian Fang Zhou could guess the reason for them coming here. Since her family and Aunt Zhang's didn't hide the matter about them making charcoal—actually, there's no way of hiding it.

Lian Li harrumphed and sat down. Mrs. Qiao cast her a glance and also sat down. Mrs. Qiao said with displeasure. "Do you place any importance to your Elder? We have come, and you didn't even give us tea!"

Her words had yet to finish, and Lian Che and Lian Fang Qing could be seen carrying the tea over.

Lian Fang Qing pouted and reb.u.t.ted. "Aunt, it also takes time to brew tea, no? We had no idea you were coming over otherwise it would already be prepared. What are you being so anxious that your face is fuming red for?."

Mrs. Qiao was now putout and sneered without speaking anymore.

How was she to know that the second branch's kids would take the initiative to pour tea? She couldn't wait to point out fault, so she can grasp their shortcoming and take the opportunity to give them good teaching. And they would also have a stronger position in later discussion.

Who knew it was them who revealed their shortcoming instead.

"You're too problematic," obviously Lian Li recognize this fact. He threw a fierce glare at Mrs. Qiao before turning to Lian Fang Zhou with a pleasant face. "Your Aunt is just frank and outspoken. You don't have to mind her."

Lian Fang Zhou just smiled and glanced at Mrs. Qiao. She leisurely answered with 'oh.'

Mrs. Qiao angerly gave her a fierce stare.

Lian Li lifted up the teacup without any intention to drink it. He was waiting for Lian Fang Zhou to open her mouth. Waiting for Lian Fang Zhou to ask why they had come, so he can conveniently get into the topic.

But Lian Fang Zhou's eyelids were slightly lowered. Don't know what she was thinking about but it was clear she had no intention to speak at all. The three younger Lian siblings and Ah Jian had already left. Third Aunt was still in the kitchen.

Just sitting there won't do. Without any other choice, Lian Li lightly coughed. "Fang Zhou, I heard that you're working with Li Family on the charcoal business."

"Mhmm," Lian Fang Zhou lifted her head, gave Lian Li a nod and then nothing else.

Lian Li started to feel a bit angry. Irritated he said, "Previously Li Family didn't know how to make charcoal. So where could they have learned this?"

"I also don't know!"Lian Fang Zhou smiled. There's no adult in their home, and Ah Jian isn't from here, so he had no footing. They could only explain to others, it was Uncle Li who learned to make charcoal from somewhere. Incidentally, he also called on the Lian siblings to help out and share the benefits. Naturally, they tell others, the profit they get also isn't a lot.

Aunt Zhang often helped Lian Fang Zhou and the rest, so this time around wasn't any surprise.

Seeing Lian Li getting rebuffed repeatedly, discontent emerge within Mrs. Qiao. She snorted, "How much wage does the Li family give? I say, their family is too much. They cheat you into working for them! And you siblings are stupidly working yourself to death. I'm afraid you can't even earn enough to match their loose change. They are simply bullying you cause your young and not placing any importance to us Uncle and Aunt."

Completely acting as if they were standing up for them and with a stance of wanting to head to Li family to create a large scene.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 14.5K 44
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...
81.1K 2.3K 25
"๐œ๐š๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐...
22.3K 1.4K 72
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
2.7M 129K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...