Chapter 22 - 25

"Haha, you, this girl getting better and better at speaking! No need to thank me, look at you, thanking people again!" Aunt Zhang chuckled, and said, "don't exhaust yourself too much in the future. If there is heavy work, just say it to us and let your Uncle Li and Brother San Ge go do it! You're a girl, how much strength could you have? Ah Ze is still small, his body and bones are still tender, better not break it! That is a matter for a lifetime, na!"
"En, Aunt rest a.s.sured, I will take good care of Ah Ze and the others!" Lian Fang Zhou's heart warmed up and nodded as she smiled.
Aunt Zhang saw that she purposely ignored the first half of the sentence, and couldn't help sigh; at the moment it wasn't good to say anything more, so she simply said a few words, then went back.
"Let's go! We'll also go in and rest! Tomorrow we need to wake up early." Lian Fang Zhou smiled, holding Lian Fang Qing's hand in one hand and Lian Che in the other.
"Sister, Sister, we won, right? Mrs Liu that bad guy, that rotten egg lost!" Lian Fang Qing's round eyes were wide open and asked as she looked up.
"... ..." Lian Fang Zhou was a little dumbfounded, this little girl, look at that little face filled with excitement, how could she know this matter was very perilous. If she made one bad move, then she would have suffered thousands of accusing fingers, and the one everyone would have cast aside is her!
"Good little girl, go back and obediently sleep! This matter, you're not allowed to talk about it anymore. In the future, if you see the Hua Family's people, take a detour, understand?" Lian Fang Zhou sternly smiled as she said to her.
Lian Fang Qing blinked her eyes, obediently said "en," and whispered, "I do not want to give way to her...... They are all bad people......"
The next day, after breakfast, Lian Fang Zhou and Lian Ze took the little twins to the garden. She and Lian Ze stuck the long tree strips into the ground and were tied to the pile and woven tightly three times. Lian Fang Qing and Lian Ze then got some twigs and sticks, tightly stuck them into the interwoven strips, and the vegetable garden was thoroughly surrounded.
Aunt Zhang and Mrs Zhao had originally come to help, but Lian Fang Zhou insisted that it was easy work and definitely didn't need help. So Aunt Zhang could only give up.
Originally full of reluctance, Mrs Zhao saw the situation and her heart felt more comfortable; she frankly shot a smile at Lian Fang Zhou.
After spending a whole morning fencing the garden, at noon they took a break for more than an hour. In the afternoon Lian Fang Zhou and Lian Ze tidied up the garden again and made the soil even. They transported some ash from the stove and chicken manure from the chicken coop, mixed evenly into the soil, doused it with water and made it ready for tomorrow to plant the seedlings. This place will be used as a nursery.
In the evening, Lian Fang Zhou picked up packs of herbs, wrapped it in a yellow paper that this body's mother used last year.
At home, naturally, no one can read. So these yellow papers were marked with black charcoal marks, it must have been used to distinguish between the variety of seeds by this body's mother.
Lian Fang Zhou held these yellow paper bags in her hand and thought of people that have already pa.s.sed away; she could not help but be secretly sad for a moment.
Although she doesn't recognize the marks on the yellow paper bag, but she was a professional agricultural researcher; so towards a variety of agricultural seeds, she is no stranger. Just taking a look at what's in her hand will make it crystal clear.
Among these seeds, there were several kinds, like daikon, celery, napa, cabbage, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, and cauliflower.
She opened one pack after the other. She used a stick around the size of a coin and gently rolled back and forth, the outer skin of the seeds got thinner or even slightly cracked.
Then she found three shallow dishes and placed the seeds on them. Damion and celery seeds were put into separate dishes; the remaining seeds were mixed and placed into one dish. Water was then added to each dish until it covered the surface of the seed.
It should soak for one night, and the next morning the seed bud will sprout out. This way of planting it, it will not only sprout out faster, but germination rate is higher as well.
While Lian Fang Zhou was doing these things, Lian Fang Qing sat nearby with her hands on her cheeks with her beautiful eyes wide open looking at her curiously.