» Shape Of You | #michaeng

By cforchaeyoung

"Every day discovering something brand new. I'm in love with the shape of you." - Ed Sheeran ##### Never a be... More

Foreword
#1: the singer
#2: the vodka
#3: the kiss
#4: the cigarette
#5: the sun
Story Trivia

Epilogue

8.3K 371 175
By cforchaeyoung

"Your love was handmade for somebody like me."

#####

More than Two Years Later

14 February 2021

"What's up, Tzuyu?" Chaeyoung answers her blaring phone. 

"Yo, are you back in Seoul?" asks Tzuyu from the other side of the line. 

"Aww you miss me?" Chaeyoung teases. 

Meanwhile, she leans against a lamp pole beside the street, feeling damn tired from a two hour train ride. She had gone to Daegu for a business trip for three days and worked tirelessly just to make sure she can make it back to Seoul on Valentine's Day. 

"Oh fuck you," Tzuyu scoffs. 

"Miss you too," Chaeyoung snickers, "I just arrived. Like an hour ago." 

"Oh so are you coming back home tonight?" asks Tzuyu, "Fyi, I have a date." 

Over the phone, Chaeyoung catches the sound of glassware clinking in the background. Her best friend must be cooking in kitchen. 

"So do I," Chaeyoung retorts, rolling her eyes, "I'm not going home tonight. You can have the house all to yourself." 

"Which reminds me," Tzuyu chuckles as she suddenly thinks of something, "Do you remember two years ago, you told me not to come back home but the next day, you're not even there? I was so pissed because I had to put up with Dahyun's madness for the entire night." 

Warmth spreads across Chaeyoung's heart. Of course she remembers that particular December night. Not because of Tzuyu's unlucky suffering. It simply holds one of her most memorable moments with her girlfriend. 

The night when it all started. Their love story. 

Chaeyoung never believed in love. She didn't expect to love and to be loved. Until that night she met a singer at a random bar. She was singing Shape Of You and immediately captured Chaeyoung's attention.

That singer was Myoui Mina. 

"I was staying at Mina's house. I thought we were going back to my place," caught in a sweet daze at the thought of her girlfriend, Chaeyoung almost forgot to reply Tzuyu. 

"Yeah yeah, you wanted to get into her pants, just say it," Tzuyu sneers, "But now you've become a softie. I don't get how Mina unnie tamed you. You don't even smoke that much now." 

"Trust me, you don't want to know," says Chaeyoung. 

"So where are you now, softie?" asks Tzuyu.

"I'm waiting for Mina outside JYP Entertainment," Chaeyoung spots a familiar figure making her exit out of the building, famous for housing popular idols in Korea, "In fact, I see Mina. I gotta go." 

"See you! Practice safe sex!" Tzuyu yells across the line causing Chaeyoung to grimace. 

Chaeyoung slips her phone into her pocket and welcomes her approaching girlfriend with a beaming smile. Two years later, the elegant woman still manages to knock her out of breath. Chaeyoung only grows more in love with Mina. 

Once upon a time, Mina was afraid and lonely. But as time goes on, she starts to lower down her guards and let Chaeyoung into her stone cold heart, showing the girl her past, her fears, and her dreams. In return, Chaeyoung brings Mina hope and showers her with love, staying true to her promise that she'll make sure they're more than just a casual fling. Eventually, happiness and new beginnings replace the mysteriousness and wistfulness that once clouded Mina's eyes. Chaeyoung has never been happier. 

And for that, Son Chaeyoung is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to Myoui Mina. She is her ball of sunshine and Mina loves her back dearly.

But of course it wasn't all vanilla and rainbows. There're some stormy days as well. It takes a lot of patience and effort but everything was worth it as long as they have each other. 

"Hi," Mina greets Chaeyoung with a shy smile. 

Chaeyoung stares at her, still can't quite believe this beautiful woman is her girlfriend for more than two years. Mina has always been beautiful in Chaeyoung's eyes but as the years passed, her beauty is accentuated by a certain maturity and nurture that only experience and love can provide. The glow on Mina's face is apparent.

"Hi, my angel," Chaeyoung pulls Mina in for a quick kiss despite being in public.

"I miss you," Mina mumbles into the younger girl's short hair, now dyed black, taking in Chaeyoung's familiar scent. Not having Chaeyoung around for three days is indeed torturous for her. 

"I miss you too," Chaeyoung reciprocates. She adds, "Oh by the way, I have a surprise for you." 

Mina raises an eyebrow but says nothing. Looking smug, Chaeyoung takes her hand and leads her to their car. As they settle in, Chaeyoung reaches across their seats and conjures a bouquet of fresh red roses from the back. 

"Happy Valentine's Day, Mina," says Chaeyoung with a proud grin.

"Thank you. You're so cheesy," Mina pinches Chaeyoung's adorable cheeks before accepting the flowers. 

"Well, I know you don't like cheese but you can't say no to my cheesiness," Chaeyoung grins, watching the elegant girl admiring her roses. 

Mina glances at her and pouts, which Chaeyoung finds it super cute whenever she does that, but something still tugs at her heart. 

Chaeyoung's face drops to a sheepish expression, "Err, Mina, I'm sorry. I would've liked to bring you to a nice restaurant but I didn't get to make any reservations."

Mina flashes her disappointed girlfriend a gummy smile, "It's okay, Chaeyoung-ah, you were busy right? As long as you're here with me."

Mina really doesn't mind. She is elated when Chaeyoung worked hard to clear her schedule in Daegu just to spend time with her and even brings her flowers. She doesn't need anything materialistic to prove their relationship status as long as they are in each other's hearts and minds.

Mina didn't believe she can trust someone but to be able to trust Chaeyoung so much, she feels incredibly lucky. 

"I'm here now. Thank you, Mina," says Chaeyoung, her mood slightly lifted upon Mina's assurance. 

Mina leans in to give her a peck on the cheek, "Why don't we go back to my place and I'll cook for us?" 

"Sounds like a plan," Chaeyoung smiles at the idea. 

No doubt Mina is a good cook and she loves her cooking. But nothing beats Mina wearing her penguin apron and mumbling incoherent words under her breath while cooking. It's the funniest thing to watch for Chaeyoung. 

They finally pull up in front of Mina's apartment after braving through Seoul's peak hour. The clock in the living room shows it's nearly 8pm when the exhausted duo step into the cozy house. Putting the bouquet into a vase of water, Chaeyoung catches Mina stifling a yawn.

"Tired at work?" Chaeyoung wraps her arms around Mina's waist in concern.

Mina hums in response, "Itzy's Japan debut is coming soon. And I'm the only vocal teacher that knows Japanese."

It was Chaeyoung who encouraged Mina to interview for JYP Entertainment's vocal teacher position. That was two years ago. Dahyun works for that said company and that's how Chaeyoung came to know about its shortage of teachers. With her idol singer background, Mina immediately got the job and she's beyond grateful to finally escape the fate of part time jobs and live gigs in various bars. 

Mina is about to enter her kitchen to prepare the ingredients when Chaeyoung stops her.

"Don't cook, Mina-ah," Chaeyoung drags her to the couch. She fishes out her phone and starts scrolling through the food delivery app, "Let's just order takeout and cuddle while we wait." 

Mina tries to argue, "But it's Valentine's Day. I want to do something special for you." 

Chaeyoung puts an arm around Mina's shoulders to calm her, "You've worked too hard. We're both tired. I say let's take it easy and rest."

Convinced, Mina gives into Chaeyoung's suggestion. She's right. The stress from work is taking a toll on her and she hasn't been sleeping well because she misses Chaeyoung who was in a different city for the past few days. So, Mina lets her girlfriend call the restaurant to order their dinner while she switches on the television. 

Chaeyoung puts down her phone, "Want to watch a movie?" 

Mina nods and chooses an action movie.

"Of course we're gonna watch Doctor Strange on Valentine's Day," Chaeyoung laughs out loud, "How romantic." 

"It's my favorite character," Mina grumbles. 

Chaeyoung surrenders with another fit of laughter. She takes off her leather jacket and spreads out her arms wide for Mina to lean down against her chest so they can cuddle comfortably on the couch. Mina's weight on Chaeyoung's body while her head props under the younger girl's chin.

After the first ten minutes into the movie, Chaeyoung whispers into Mina's ears from the back, "With you, everyday feels like Valentine's Day." 

Mina grins like a school girl in love. All thoughts of tiredness just fly off the window. 

With her heart soaring, Mina tilts up her head to let Chaeyoung kiss her. It's slow and sweet, each telling the other how much they miss each other as their tongues dance around in delight. Mina smiles into their kiss when she feels a sneaky hand creeping under her shirt. Their kiss becomes more urgent as Chaeyoung's hand starts to move upwards and hovers dangerously above Mina's chest, her fingers tickling her clothed breasts.

"I thought we're cuddling?" Mina shoots Chaeyoung a smirk as she pulls away from their kiss to see her favorite brown eyes staring down at her, gleaming in mischief. 

"And making out," Chaeyoung pulls Mina up in a straddling position. She leans back into the couch while Mina places her hands on her shoulders, still giggling at Chaeyoung's sudden change of behavior. 

Chaeyoung can be the fluffiest person on Earth and also the naughtiest girlfriend in bed. Either way, Mina enjoys Chaeyoung adoring her through her daily random sweetness or intense love-making. It's never boring with Son Chaeyoung and that's why Mina loves her so much. 

"But I'm tired," Mina jokingly attempts to deny Chaeyoung's initiative. 

"Oh shit, you're right," Chaeyoung's face fell, suddenly being reminded that Mina's well-being should be her priority instead of her own desire. She groans at her negligence, "I'm so sorry, Mina. You're just too attractive." 

"I'm just kidding!" Mina whines, not expecting her to really take it so seriously.

Just then, the doorbell rings, successfully killing the mood. Chaeyoung frantically helps Mina to get up before she strides towards the door. Their dinner arrived just on time. Chaeyoung pays the deliveryman and walks back into the living room, clutching boxes of sushi and fried udons. Hunger prevails as the couple dig into their food without a word.

It is after dinner when Mina breaks the silence, "Your towel is in the bathroom. Go wash up." 

"Oh you want me to stay?" asks Chaeyoung playfully, causing Mina to turn around and shoots her a dirty look.

Chuckling, Chaeyoung closes their distance and plants a kiss on Mina's furrowed forehead. 

"Mina, I'll stay with you. Forever." 

#####

"One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else."

#####

Author's Note: Please continue next to read Story Trivia :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 25.2K 73
I just made the wrong decision thats the first thing came into my mind when I enter this club but now I realize that its a good decision that I meet...
8.7K 378 13
Tzuyu was a mafia leader who work with her team mates Jeongyeon , Momo ,Mina and Dahyun . Who lover her girlfriend Jihyo lot but 2 years ago due to...
38.8K 1.5K 25
Chaeyoung Son, isn't living the life she set out to live. In fact most of her days feel like depressive loops set out to start and end the same way...