Old Me

By warriorpwr

Beatrice has just graduated college and returned home to help at her family business: a tattoo shop. She isn'... More

Author's Note
Main Characters
Language Key
1 - Not My Type
2 - The Meet Cute
3 - Sleepover
4 - The Set Up
5 - Flirting?
6 - The Date Part 1
7 - The Date Part 2
8 - The Date Part 3
9 - Meet The Fam
10 - The Interrogation
11 - Party Preparations
12 - Sharing Secrets
13 - Can't Relate
14 - First Dance
15 - Second Date
16 - Coronado
18 - ReDo
19 - Dinner
20 - Netflix & Chill
21 - Closer
22 - Band Practice
23 - ER
24 - Cool Scar
25 - Results
26 - Past Is Apparent
27 - His Fault
28 - You're cute
29 - Betrayal
30 - Apologize
31 - Cuddle weather
32 - Lights Out
33 - Secrets
34 - Stay
35 - Exclusive
36 - Spill
37 - Official
38 - Goodnight
39 - Out of My Limit
40 - Room for Jesus
41 - Love
42 - Consequences
43 - Fair
44 - Salt and Sun
45 - Road Trippin'
46 - My Lips Are Sealed
47 - Don't Stop
48 - Can I Join?
49 - Fireworks
50 - Desperate
51 - Girls Talk Boys
52 - Empty House
53 - Love Bites
54 - Five Years Free
55 - Cold Feet
56 - Just Say It
57 - Ready
58 - Better Man
59 - Old Me
60 - Dirty Laundry
61 - Everything I Didn't Say
62 - Before I Met You
63 - Can't Help It
64 - I.F.L.Y.
65 - Mine
66 - Back to You
67 - She's Kinda Hot
68 - All the Small Things
69 - The Best Years
70 - Epilogue
Mikey POV Ch 1
Mikey POV Ch 4
Mikey POV Ch 7/16/17
Mikey's POV Ch 21
Mikey's POV Ch 60

17 - Don't Tell

76 1 0
By warriorpwr

I looked to see what he was doing, and a military police car pulled over. Michael walked over to the passenger side as the officer rolled down the window.

"Michael, it's fine!"

He ignored me and greeted the cop.

"Hi, you kids okay?"

"Um, no sir, actually. My uh," Michael looked at me, and then back at the officer, "Bea, was feeling faint and we really need to head back, but I didn't want to leave her here while I went for the car. Do you think you could give her a ride back to the bike shop while I returned the bikes and get my car?"

The officer looked at me and I tried to smile like everything was fine and it wasn't necessary.

"Why don't I give you both a ride? We can put the bikes in the truck bed."

"That would be great, officer, if you don't mind."

The man got out of the truck and opened the tailgate. Michael helped me to my feet and walked me to the car. I opened the back door and Michael gave me a boost into the backseat of the truck. He closed the door and I waited as they loaded the bikes into the back.

The officer, whose name tag read Reeves, handed me a water bottle when he climbed into his seat.

"Thank you," I said opening it and taking a couple of sips.

Michael slid in next to me and we both put our seat belts on.

"Which bike shop you rent at?" Officer Reeves asked as he pulled away from the curb.

"Sam's. Across from the hotel, sir," Michael said.

I was beginning to feel a little better, definitely not as dizzy as before, and the embarrassment was sinking in. I totally just ruined our date.

"You feeling okay, miss?" Officer Reeves asked.

"Much better, now. Thank you, this really wasn't necessary."

"Just doing my job. Glad you're okay and that your friend flagged me down."

I wanted to crawl into a hole and never come back out. This was too cringe. I'm never going to live this down.

"Didn't think I'd ever ride in the back of a police car," I said to Michael, trying to lighten the mood.

He smiled, but more so out of politeness, at my comment. Great, I'm just embarrassing myself more.

Michael seemed tense, making it clear that I definitely ruined our date. When we reached the bike shop, Officer Reeves pulled over and put his hazards on before opening his door. I tried to open my door but couldn't. I looked over at Michael to see if he could open his but he shook his head.

"It's the back of a cop car Bea, he has to open the door for us."

I felt even more stupid for not realizing that myself. Officer Reeves opened my door and I slowly climbed out. Michael got out behind me and helped the officer with the bikes.

"Thank you again, sir."

"Of course, I hope you feel better soon," he said smiling at me and closing his tailgate.

I grabbed my bike and lifted the kickstand to walk it up to the shop, but Michael stopped me.

"I'll do it, go sit down."

"I'm perfectly capable, but fine," I surrendered.

I sat on of the benches that were in front of the shop while Michael walked both bikes inside. He paid for the rentals and walked back outside, shoving his wallet in his back pocket.

"Wait here okay? I'm going to go and get the car."

"Michael, seriously. I can walk back. I'm okay now," I said kind of annoyed that he was babying me.

"Bea, you nearly just passed out. Please, just stay here. Besides, it'll be faster if I just go myself," he looked worried about me and I didn't think he was going to budge so I sighed and sat back down.

"Call me if you need me," he said before turning around and heading towards the car.

I sighed heavily before pulling my phone out of my purse. I had a couple of texts from Siena, so I unlocked my phone to read them.

(Si): How's it going?
(Si): Did you guys kiss yet?
(Si): Remember to play hard to get

I shook my head and remembered the awkward goodbye Michael and I had after my party. I was walking him out to his car after most people had left and I didn't know whether to hug him or what he was going to do.

---

(flashback:)

"Thanks for inviting me," he said leaning against his car.

"Thanks for coming," I said, playing with my necklace.

We stared at each other in silence until I started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked laughing himself.

"I don't know," I said shifting my weight to my other foot.

He smiled and tilted his head in curiosity as he stared at me.

I rolled my eyes. He looked stunning in his outfit, with his muscles flexed as his arms were crossed.

"So, I guess I'll see you around then," he said looking at me intently.

"Yeah. I'd like that."

"Me too."

I shivered in the cool night breeze since I wasn't wearing a jacket.

"Well, you should get inside before you freeze. I'll call you."

"Okay..."

Neither of us moved until I shivered again and he stood up from the car.

"Goodnight, Bea," he said stepping closer to me.

"Goodnight."

He stared at me, and I thought he might kiss me, but instead, he smiled and stepped back, unlocking his car. I waved as he started his car before walking back inside. 

(end of flashback)

----

I smiled as I responded to Siena.

(me): No. We haven't kissed.

I was tempted to tell her that I had ruined the date, but I didn't want to tell her the truth about how I had almost passed out.

My phone rang and I quickly answered Michael's call.

"Hey, I'm here."

I looked to the street and saw that he was waiting at the curb.

"Okay, I see you," I said grabbing my water bottle and jacket.

I climbed into the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt.

"Do you need anything? Are you hungry? You want me to take you home, or do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, please, I don't need to go to the hospital. I'm really feeling a lot better now."

He looked at me intently, unconvinced.

"Bea, you look like shit," I glared at him for the remark so he amended, "You're not fine. If you're dehydrated you need an IV."

"Let's stop and get some Gatorade and if it doesn't help, then I'll make a doctor's appointment. Okay?"

He sighed and put the car in drive. I felt like he was mad at me because we drove in silence off the island. He pulled into a 7/11 once we reached the mainland.

"What flavor do you want?" he asked turning to face me.

He looked stressed. I moved to grab my wallet to pay, but he shook his head.

"I'll pay, just tell me what flavor."

I sighed and responded, "Blue. Thanks."

He left the car running and walked inside. I flipped the sun visor down and looked at myself in the small mirror. Damn, he was right. I look like shit.

I closed the mirror and lifted the visor just as he was getting back into the car. He handed me a big blue Gatorade and I smiled with thanks.

He opened Maps on his phone before buckling up and reversing out of the parking spot.

We sat in silence for a while, until I decided to break the ice after he kept looking over at me.

"Are you mad?"

"What? No, God no. I'm not mad at you," he said sincerely.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked trying to salvage what was left of our date.

"Nothing, I...I'm just worried about you."

I rolled my eyes to myself and sighed.

"I really think you should tell your parents what happened," he said glancing at me.

"If I start feeling worse, I'll tell them. But, the Gatorade is really helping. I feel fine now. Please, just don't mention it," I said waiting for him to look at me, "don't tell anyone."

He looked at me a little confused and shook his head in hesitation.

"Okay," he sighed.

"Thank you," I said turning to look out the window as he drove back towards my house.

This was hands down the worst date I'd ever been on. He probably won't want to hang out with me again. Bea, you suck, you've just ruined your chances with this really hot guy who was actually nice.

When we exited the freeway, Michael finally spoke.

"Look, Bea, I'm really not mad. I promise. I just want to make sure you're okay. That's all. And you didn't ruin the date if that's what you're thinking," he smiled at me genuinely for the first time since the incident.

"I kind of did, it's okay, you can admit it," I said smiling.

"Okay, maybe a little, but this just means we'll have to go on another."

I looked at him in surprise and smiled.

"Really?"

"Of course, I'm not that easily deterred," he laughed.

"Okay, well, when are you free next?" I asked before realizing that sounded a little desperate.

"Um, usually Fridays are best. Or Sundays," he said thoughtfully.

"Okay, well I'm flexible since I work for my parents...so, you tell me."

"Okay...would I sound too eager if I asked what you were doing tomorrow?"

I laughed lightly and shook my head.

"You really aren't sick of me yet?"

"Nope, quite the opposite actually," he said smiling at me, sending butterflies dancing in my stomach.

I tried to bite back a giant grin from spreading across my face.

"Okay, tomorrow it is. What did you have in mind?"

We pulled up to my house and he put the car in park in the driveway. He turned to face me and played with his ring on his finger. My heart was racing with nerves as the sexual tension grew between us. I wanted to kiss him but wasn't sure if he wanted the same thing. The silence continued and I shifted in my seat to face him more directly.

"Can I kiss you, Bea?" he asked looking me in the eyes.

I nodded and he reached out to touch my face as we both leaned into the kiss. His hand felt cold from the a/c making me shudder at his touch. I tilted my head and pulled back suddenly when my hat hit his forehead.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath, "sorry."

I wanted to die of embarrassment, but he smiled at me chuckling, and pulled my hat off my head, twisting it so it was on backward. He returned his hand to my cheek and pulled me in closer, my heart pounding with nerves. Our lips met and I closed my eyes, deepening the kiss. His hands moved to the back of my neck sending chills down my body and I reached up to do the same. We kissed for a few more moments before he slowly pulled away and stared at me.

"I like you, Bea," he said softly, grabbing my hands from around his neck and placing them on the center console between us intertwined.

"I like you too, Michael," I said feeling giddy inside.

"I'll talk to you soon," he said gently releasing my hands and sitting back into his seat.

I nodded and grabbed my things from the floor of the front seat. I opened the door and climbed out. I turned around to close the door and caught him smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Your, your uh, cheeks. They're pink again."

I felt the heat rise in my face with embarrassment that he had affected me so visibly.

"Bye, Michael," I said closing the door and stepping back up the driveway before turning around and heading inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 55.1K 37
• Levi • I've wished for death too many times to count when I was a child. Too bad only my soul died, not my body. Now that i'm older, I refuse to g...
3.8K 56 24
Hinata Shoyo's life as a high ranking sports manager consists of looking after his players condition, a lot of paperwork (way more than you'd imagine...
2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
34.3K 1.9K 40
⚠ Mature content. ⚠ Follow up of my first (and worst) love story ever. Ash might have salvaged his friendship with Val, but when they start working...