Bunker Bird

By RainerSalt

Tim, a garbage handler in a post-apocalyptic bunker, loses the little he has. But then he finds Amy, the redh... More

1. Intro
2. Prologue
3. The Apple
4. Phoenix
5. The Bishop
6. The Pit
7. The Shaft
8. Below
9. Ye're Weird
10. Council
11. Nightlight
12. Shite
13. Vortex
14. Not Birds
15. Chickens
16. Recycled
17. Loo House
18. Temple
19. Hidden
20. Forbidden Spaces
21. Shrine V 2.0
22. Lashwooze
23. A Pee
24. Chasing Sunlight
25. Running
26. Climbing
27. Smooth
28. Kitchen
29. S'Automatic
30. System Overview
31. Turning the Wheels
32. Endless
33. Whatcha Ogling?
34. Do They Know?
35. Seriously
36. Eeeeaaaw
37. The Trial
38. They Must Die
39. Execution
Epilogue - Adapt and Endure
Author's Notes
Announcement - 19 September 2021

How This Book Came to Be

1.5K 78 91
By RainerSalt

Originally book was my submission to the 2019 Open Novella Contest. It's based on prompt #4 in Fantastical:

Myths of the Old World: Over time, what was once considered right is now wrong. Whether a belief, or perhaps a symbol, what was once admired, is now shunned. You set out on a quest to discover the truth behind the myths of the old world. What happened to change the belief (or symbol) to become the opposite of what it once stood for, and, more importantly, how will your discovery impact the world you're living in now?

The myths of the old world inspired me to return to my writing roots, YA SciFi with dystopian elements.

This is a tale of a world that has forgotten about its origins—a world where the past is nothing but a distorted memory.

As I wrote it for the ONC 2019, I had to leave some things out to stay within the word limit, knowing that this left some gaps and some characters underdeveloped.

In Fall 2020, I have corrected this, expanding the story to the scope it merits, in my view. And in May 2021, I have made another round of edits.

Do let me know what you think. Any feedback is welcome.

The breathtaking Phoenix picture above, which I also use as a separator, was created by EvelynHail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Earth, After ✔️ By T

Science Fiction

37.9K 3K 37
Some fates are worse than death--survival is one of them. In the two hundred years since humanity left the Earth's surface to live in the sky, life...
22 9 11
Limited chapters! Read NOW, before it's gone. If you enjoy this story, let me know! I 🩷 feedback!!!!
97 0 31
Set in an alternate future where the government rules over all and those who don't follow the status quo are sent to a prison called the Camp to work...
1.7M 98.3K 107
ALL IS SILENCE finished #37 of 151 for Wattpad's Story of the Year! Also a WATTYS 2015 - Dream Collections Winner! Thanks to everyone who added me to...