Lucifer's Daughter

By darkreigndevil

St. Mary, a town deemed safe and serene - that is, until the devil's child is sent to live there. In St. Mary... More

Intro
Chapter 1- Pumpkin Pie & Cinnamon Tea
Chapter 2- Maeva
Chapter 3- The Figure by the Lamp Post
Chapter 4- Goddess of Death
Chapter 5- All Hallow's Eve
Chapter 6- Couple of Lunatics
Chapter 7- Hidden beyond pages, in between the words
Chapter 8- Ruler Of Hell
Chapter 9- Guardian From Hell
Chapter 10- Am I dead?
Chapter 11- Hold Your Flaming Horses
Chapter 12- Green, blue and purple
Chapter 13- If it's not 'baroque' don't fix it
Chapter 14- Smell of Roses Wafting
Chapter 15- A Broken Barrier and some cute little revelations
Chapter 16- The Loyal Servant
Chapter 17 - Purple Lightning and a Manuscript
Chapter 18- The Daemons
Chapter 19- A Touch Like Fire
Chapter 20- Red Silk Dress
Chapter 21- Steamy Closet Moments
Chapter 22- Army of Witches
Chapter 23- Hell's Badboy
Chapter 24- A Beacon For Disaster
Author's Note- Age Change
Chapter 25- Telling The Tale To The Devil Himself
Chapter 26- 16 going on 17
Chapter 27 - My Present to you is Death
Chapter 28- A Dead Heart Pounding
Chapter 29- The Account of the Cracked Bell
Chapter 30- Le Miroir de la Vérité
Chapter 31- Moonrise
Chapter 32- Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Gently Down the Styx
Chapter 33- Negotiations and the Valley of Death
Chapter 34- Casualty of War
Chapter 35- The Forsaken Ball
Chapter 36- A Knife, A Rope, A Body
Chapter 38- I Got Bored Burning Dead People
Chapter 39- Hell's Wedding Bells
Chapter 40- Crashing Glass
Chater 41- Demon's Quarter
Chapter 42- Gashed Skin
Chapter 43- Lover's Shadow
Chapter 44- A Traitor's Tale Part I
Chapter 45- A Traitor's Tale Part II
Chapter 46- A False King
Final Chapter- What the False Heart Doth Know
New Book Alert⚠️

Chapter 37- Wed the Enemy

618 22 11
By darkreigndevil

I don't know how I'm writing so much these couple of days but I really want to finish this book and i'm having soooo many ideas.

Much love
Eid Mubarak 💞💞💞
——————————————————-
🎧: The Devil Within - Digital
Daggers

Chapter 37- Wed the Enemy

I was caught between waking the maid up and dealing with seven jinn idiots. "You mean to tell me that you threatened to hang her by her feet in the front garden and drain her blood out if she didn't make you pancakes? For the love of Lucifer, PANCAKES?!" I exclaimed as the seven of them erupted in laughter.

"She was shi-t scared. I can't understand how she took us seriously." King Al- Mad'hab chuckled. "I feel bad for her, though." King Al-Abyad retorted. "Wait until Solomon hears about this." Semhuresh added.

"I'm pretty sure he'll kill you all." I crossed my arms and stared at them with a raised eyebrow.

The seven kings resembled each other a lot. They all had tanned complexions. Dark long lashes complemented their Kohl lined intense brown eyes, however, Semhuresh had electric blue eyes instead. They were all well-built and dressed in a modern manner- not traditional arabic wear and their features were so sharp they could cut me with their jawlines and cheekbones. They were all extremely H. O. T.

"Semhuresh, ya hayawen kalb." Al-Abyad angrily stated. "Don't you dare!" He then added. "Am I right to assume you cursed the hell out of Al- Abyad?" I quirked, smirking.

"She's awake!" Jacoby interrupted as the maid's eyes fluttered open. I quickly sat down next to her. "Clara, I presume?" She nodded her head. "Darling, don't worry. These gentlemen were just joking. No one's getting hanged for pancakes." I re-assured her while gritting my teeth at the word "gentlemen".

Gentlemen my ass, these were 5 year olds. "Your Highnesses, I most humbly request of you to apologize to my maid. You have caused her much trouble." Who was I kidding. Request my ass. These bitches better apologize to her. "You-r  high-ness, no! They don't ha-ve to." She stammered.

They stood silently. I glared at their lazily standing frames. "What?! She said no-" Barkan started saying, but Mimun and Zawba'a elbowed him from either side. "Ouch!" He cried out. Children.

They all stood up straight and chanted simultaneously. "Sorry, Clara."

"That's more like it. Take the day off, darling. You need it." I told her and she smiled. "Thank you, your highness." She stood up. "Danah, be a darling and help her to her room." I waved at the other maid in the room. She bowed and held Clara by the arm, escorting her out of the room.

"Now, back to business-" I started to say, but Barkan cut me off. "Your Highness, I don't mean to be rude, but you're practically not leaving anything to imagination." Al Mad'hab smirked and the others joined in as well. I gave him a confused look and stared down at my attire. "Oh." Was all I could muster after seeing the practically sheer red lace sleeping robe I had put on me before descending the stair-case.

Then I heard footsteps entering the Kitchen and I shut my eyes in discomfort. "My, what a sight to see. Why is everyone in the Kitchen at 7:30am? And who's that nice piece of as-" Lexus started saying before realizing it's me. "Thana why are you practically naked?" Lexus said through gritted teeth. Tension hung in the air and everyone fell silent.

I inhaled a deep breath. "Jacoby will fill you in on the details. If you'll excuse me, I'll be off in my room picking a more suitable outfit." I dragged what was left of my dignity as everyone in the room bowed.

On my way out, Lexus held me by my arm. I yanked it from his grip and straightened my robe. "We'll talk later." Was all I said before exiting the room.

*

" I hereby declare this meeting in session." My voice sliced through the area of the castle in which we call head of the keep. Usually, a keep is the most guarded area of a castle.

Long ago, the nobles and my father used to live here, but now this area is completely reserved for Lucifer's quarters and the Council Room, which was situated in the head of the keep.

The long rectangular table had the seven jinn kings and King Solomon to my left, whereas, King Asmodeus, Maeva, Elias, Lexus and Jacoby were situated on my right.

"As I recall, I left Jacoby with a mission to fill you in on the details of the incident in the morning?" My eyes averted to Jacoby who coughed and stood up. "Your Highness, I informed everyone in the room of the incident." He declared and sat down. "Good. We will speak of the incident after we discuss some History." I stated and sat down in my designated seat.

"You called us in here to discuss history? Well then, let's discuss the weather while you're at it." Asmodeus spat sarcastically.

"King Asmodeus, I would like to remind you that I am head of this council and I know what I'm doing. By the way, the weather is amazing today. Don't you think?" I replied and the snickers of Semhuresh and Mimun erupted in the room.

"Do any of you have the slightest idea as to who the original leaders of the Lost Souls and Daemons were?" And as soon as those words left my mouth, everyone in the room froze and tensed up.

"Throughout their time, the Lost Souls and Daemons were too prideful to mix and mingle with other creatures. They were the 'elite' of the in-between. Therefore, no one knew who their leaders were. They were extremely secretive." King Solomon explained to me.

"Even in the most important documents, of the Kingdom there was only the crest of their kind, never the names." Lexus replied.

Asmodeus stared intently at me. "I can't help but say that you are surprisingly asking the right questions, your highness." He nodded approvingly. Then I remembered.

"King Asmodeus, weren't you a close friend of Lucifer's?" I queried. Asmodeus's features altered. "His oldest friend, yes." He replied. I gave Asmodeus a knowing look and he shifted in his seat.

"It was the night Lucifer banished the Lost Souls and Daemons from the in-between." Asmodeus started to say and I could've sworn my face lit brighter than a Christmas tree.

"It was stormy outside and the world was in utter havoc. Your father's fall occurred at the first light, the faint trace of the morning had risen on the horizon of the in-between, the great battle of the in-between occurred later that night." Asmodeus hesitated before continuing. "He held a meeting with the leaders of the other creatures and, naturally, the leaders of the daemons and lost souls had sent envoys instead. Lucifer was infuriated, after-all he was the King of Kings. And so, after the first council meeting, he called me into his study and told me that he had called for the leaders and they will be showing up shortly. The first face I saw, was the face of Romero Tenebris, Jacoby's father, leader of the lost souls, but the leader of the daemons never showed up. Then we learned they were planning a coup d'état. They wanted to overthrow your father." Asmodeus finished his story and all of us were in utter shock.

"Jacoby get out of this room, this instant. You planned the attack yesterday and YOU PUT THE BODY ABOVE MY HEAD!" I yelled, my voice echoed through the room, projecting my anger. "Guards!" I shouted and the guards came barging into the room.

"I swear it wasn't me. Don't blame me for the mistakes of my ancestors. I may want your throne, but never this way; i want the people to love me. TO WANT ME AS THEIR LEADER." He exclaimed. "Don't you dare lie. Or else your head will be sitting on my fucking bookshelf!" I threatened, knowing very well that the extent of my anger will drive me to do so.

"If you imprison me, my army will be behind enemy lines. And you know my army is triple yours and everyone in this room combined!" He intimidated while advancing towards me.

His lips were in close proximity to mine while our breaths were ragged. "I am presenting you with a proposal. Marry me and we will join forces. One less enemy." He breathed.

My heart stopped beating. "What?" I whispered. I can't marry him. Why the fuck am I considering marrying him? Huh?

The stench of burning wax was the only thing you could smell, the crackling fire was the only thing you could hear and Jacoby's eyes were the only thing I could see.

"You have to marry him." King Solomon and Asmodeus spoke. "It's the only way we can guarantee complete safety of our Kingdom." Zawba'a intervened.

"100 million men will be at your command, at your feet even." Jacoby pleaded

"Marry him." Lexus finally said and stood up, exiting the room in the process.

Just great. What do I do now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 15.3K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
2.1M 41.5K 34
You're going to pay for that." I whispered to her, making sure to graze my mouth across the spot that makes her breath hitch. When I saw her remain u...
8.4K 657 14
She's sexy as sin and hotter than hell and-oh wait. What would you do to save a loved one's life? Make a pact with a Devil? In my defense, it was the...
3.2K 29 3
(Previously Burning With Rage) UNEDITED Burn in Hell for all Eternity... The only way into Hell was to be dragged there, kicking and screaming. Or de...