Reaper

By CasaCasa

Hate is spreading. Trust is becoming a myth. The death and suicide rate has gone up. A reaper takes the souls... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Epilogue

Chapter Two

33 6 0
By CasaCasa

Sighing I finally got the nerve up to talk to him, my boss. I had to ask him what was going on and how to stop it. I never believed in zombies and this couldn't be what they were. I was lost in my thoughts as I walked down the black hallway. Screams bounced off the walls echoing to my ears, I winced at the sudden pain they seemed to inflict. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that I had already walked down the long hallway, threw the door I needed to enter and was standing in front of the Devil, until he cleared his throat. I jumped, my skin prickled and the hair on the back of my neck standing up. He stared down at me, his huge figure crushing my nerves, his glaring eyes sending daggers into my soul. I swallowed.

"Hi sir..." I mumbled biting my thumb he glared at me.

"What do you want Reaper!" He boomed I took a step back almost tripping over my feet, my hands shaky and my palms sweaty.

"Something happened today." I said with more confidence then I felt, he glared at me.

"Explain." He demanded getting up, his foot twice the size of my head.

"I was retrieving the souls and it went wrong. In my file it said there was only two shots and their young child survived, living a long successful life, but when I got there, there was a third shot and the child was killed, and something was wrong with the father, he started moving and making noises and coming towards me, but after I pulled his soul he fell over dead. He was like a zombie. But those are stupid and aren't real." I rambled on, he had a bored look on his face until I said the world "Zombie" Joy passed his eyes, but in an instant it was covered in anger.

"This isn't my problem. Take care of it yourself." He stated looking bored again, I gritted my teeth.

"Sir you are the Devil. Souls and planning deaths are you problems, I just follow along with what you say and bring the souls back. This is not my problem it's yours. I will fix it but only unless you give me something to go off of." I argued back, he glared, his eyes flaming. Suddenly I realized what I had done. I had just told off the Devil.

"Get out." He said, keeping his temper back.

"But sir." I argued.

"I said get out!" He roared showing souls towards my way, their shreks burning my ears and shoving me around. I shut my eyes and transported up, the shreks stopping, but I was now in the middle of the deserted street, it was usually busy and it was like that this morning. I sighed feeling sick to my stomach. I hated using my transporting powers they always make me sick, I started shuffling down the street, back to my place.

I heard an all too familiar noise, the screeching and gurgly sounds that had come from my last retrieval, I turned around and saw about six different people, chowing down on a poor citizens corps. My eyes widened, I started walking towards them slowly, they were too entranced with the flesh of someone to notice me, that was until I touched the first one, and pulled their soul. The noise the creature made was inhuman, causing the others to look up, noticing me. Then they started hoarding around me, almost like they were working as a pack, I panicked.

Dont get me wrong, Reapers cant die, we are death themselves but we feel the pain. And I'm sure being bit by ten different things would feel to good, I reached forwards and touched another, then one grabbed my arm I bit my lip and shoved it off, the soul peeling away at the same time. I felt ones fingernails scratch me and I turned, only to have another bit me, this was too much for one person to handle, and I was preparing myself for a lot of pain, when one of them bit my leg, I shrieked. It was almost like I could feel the hate heating my leg, that was what was changing all of these people, hate. It dulled and faded away but that didn't stop the pain of an opened wound as the wind touched it. I cursed and started pulling as many souls as possible.

Then there was a gunshot, and another, the things fell down either dead or stunned, I reached down and pulled the rest of their souls I was surrounded now by angry souls, all trying to yell at eachother, I sighed and limped a little ways, looking around, there was a boy. I waved my hand to signal him to come down and after a few minutes there he was, he had on baggy torn jeans, held on by a rope, his shirt was torn and he had blood splatters on it, he smiled at me, his short hair sticking up in all directions covered in sweat and dirt.

"Hey. I'm Neiko."

+ + +

I sat outside my house my wound still throbbing as the healing process began, I hissed and covered it up as Neiko rounded the corner.

"I can't believe someone else is still alive." he said sitting down and smiling at me

"What do you mean when did this all start?" I asked. Sometimes transporting messes up the times, weeks could have passed. He looked at me, his brown eyes sad.

"Its been about a month." He mumbled my eyes widened. This is why I hate transporting. I thought to myself. "So you know my name what's yours." I looked at him close.

"I'm Ally, the Reaper."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
103K 23.5K 88
Title - Dangerous Personality Author - Mu Gua Huang MC- Xie Lin x Chi Qing Chapter 161 + 2 extras ထူးဆန်းသည့် ပြန်ပေးဆွဲမှုတစ်ခုအပြီးတွင် ချီချင်းတစ်...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...