A Second Chance

By verinaeliz

Siri Snow-Heart last Dragonborn of Tamriel finds herself in the world of witches and Wizards . Will she lear... More

A New Life
Second Year
Third Year
I Was Siri Snow-Heart
Back To Thedas
Shadows And Choices
Choosing Right
To Begin Again
Absorbing Power
We Meet Again
Shivering Isles
Mages And An Altar
Thedas Again

Her First Year

105 3 0
By verinaeliz

                     Two
Rora's first few days as a student in Hogwarts were rather very busy as she became accustomed to the life of going to school and learning spells and everything that went with magic.

She and Ron were in house Griffindor  even though the sorting hat had thought she had the potential of every house in her . She understood about Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff  ,but she couldn't for the life of her understand about Slytherin.

She hadn't made friends yet and Ron had started to ignore her the moment they had left the train .

He was friends with the boy who everyone seemed to know except for herself .

Harry Potter was a mystery to her . He had talked to her on the train for a few moments as he had asked if she and Ron were twins even though she didn't look like the Weasleys.

She had told him the truth that she was adopted . After that they hadn't spoken and Rora didn't think they would until their first Friday afternoon when they had no classes and they both got letters from Hagrid to come to visit him at his cottage .

She wasn't surprised when Ron came with Harry .

This time Harry did talk to her ,asking how she was doing and such . She knew then that if she let herself she'd be his friend .

" I think Hagrid is cool", Ron said as they walked back to school afterwards .

Rora couldn't agree more . Harry walking on her other side were quiet and she wondered why .  She hoped that he was okay .

" I don't believe all the bad thins people had said about him", she said as they walked through the doors into the front hall of the castle .

" Neither do I ", Harry spoke up giving her a small smile that somehow made her heart flutter for  some reason .

She smiled back ,dazzling him . He could do absolutely nothing but stare at her and Ron had to snap his fingers to get Harry's attention back .

Rora ignored the angry look Ron gave her as he pulled Harry behind him ,leading him away from her.

She had never thought that she could dazzle anyone before and she didn't even know how she did that right now.

She wasn't hungry so she walked off to see if the library was still open ,but first she wanted to go see how Madame Pomphrey were doing .
              **********
" Ah , Rora , you made it to my office !", Dumbledor  called out softly as the eleven year old girl walked through his door .

It was her third week in Hogwarts and he hadn't spoken to her personally even if she was already   back for so long .

" Yes, Professor ,I wasn't sure if I'll find the way here ,I had to ask Professor McGonagall ", she says .

Dumbledor smiles at that . None of the students  normally finds  their way to his office per say . She was just lucky that McGonagall could tell her the way .

" Please take a seat ", he says motioning to a chair .

She obeys ,sinking into the chair with a soft sigh of content .

" Tell me how is school treating you ?", Dumbledor asks eyeing her with interest .

" It's alright ,Professor , classes are great and everything ", she says  " some Professors are friendly and some are plain rude ,but I guess not everything can be sunshine and roses ".

Professor Dumbledor nods " Yes , that's true , Rora, but do you have friends ?, I heard from Professor McGonagall that you haven't been talking to other children your age ".

Rora sighs and nods " I don't have any ,yet , Professor , but I'm sure I'll make some , Harry Potter talks to me sometimes as do my brothers , Fred and George ,  Ron ignores me mostly and so does Percy , but that's okay , I don't really need anything from them ".

Dumbledor shakes his head at her words before he says " You can't think that ,Child, one needs friends in life , I'm glad that Harry talks to you , but you should try to make other friends too , girls would be better ,anyhow I haven't found anyone who knows you and I had to find a new sponsor for you , the old one died two days ago and his family had no intention of sponsoring you any further , I'm sorry about that , Rora ".

She was quiet as his words sunk in . She wasn't sad about her sponsor . She didn't know him .

She did understand Dumbledor's opinion on friends .

" Who is my new sponsor? ", she asks .

" He isn't from the wizarding world ,though he is from supernatural origin ,he heard about my ploy though and had send a letter to me to say that he'll lend a hand ".

She nods " So I'm not to know his name then ?", she asks .

Dumbledor shakes his head " No, Rora, he asked me to keep his name and whereabouts a secret , I respect his wishes ".

She nods feeling annoyed at this bit of news . She had wanted to know her old sponsor too ,but it was no use  , her sponsor didn't want to meet her . This one was no exception.

When she leaves Dumbledor's office her robes are bulging with sweets Dumbledor  had bought for her as a welcome back present .

She walked towards the Great Hall as it was almost dinnertime and bumped into Hermione Granger , the most cleverest girl in Griffindor .

" Sorry, " Rora apologizes .

Hermione just smile and says " It's alright , I didn't look where I was going either ,are you going to eat dinner ?".

Rora nods " Yes , and you ?".

Hermione nods .

" Alright , care if I walk with you then ?", Rora asks thinking about Dumbledor's words about making friends .

Hermione shakes her head " I don't mind , " she says .

Soon they find themselves chatting while eating their dinner . Rora is unaware of many boys' eyes on her .
She didn't even know how dazzling her beauty was . Some older boys from higher  years had been talking about her a lot and one of them was none other than Cedric Diggory .

" So , Hagrid really did find you in the Forbidden Forest when you were eight ?", Hermione asks curiously .

"Yes , and I still don't know how I got there or who I was before that ", Rora replies .

The arrival of the Weasley twins breaks up their conversation momentarily.

" Hey , Snowy, "Fred says sitting down next to her .

" Hello, Fred ," she says giving him a small smile before taking a bite out of her steak .

" How was your day ?", he asks reaching out , stealing one of her baked potatoes ,popping it into his mouth .

" I hope your hand were clean", she says after swallowing the food ." and my day was just fine until you stole my potato ".

Without feeling the least bit hurt he grins as he reaches out to steal another ,but she swats his hand away .

" Aw , come on , Snowy, give a hungry boy a break !", he protests .

" Well, find your own food , Fred ," she snaps pulling her plate out of his reach .

Rolling his eyes he does just that . Find his own food .

Rora shakes her head at that .He always seems to act like that around her .

           *************
Neville Longbottom stared as if transfixed at the beautiful golden haired girl who walked beside Hermione Granger .

His heart flutters and his stomach feels like there are a million winds flowing around .

He had never thought to see such a beauty before .

He swallowed when she looked up straight at him as she and Hermione passed him .

When she gave him a smile he was dazzled and couldn't help when his mouth twitched into a smile too .

He was unaware of other boys that saw that smile and got dazzled themselves . One of which was none other than Draco Malfoy .

None of the boys saw the grim look on Fred Weasley's face as he observed the boys .

Ever since he had met Rora ,he had had a huge crush on her and as she grew it changed into something more and he wasn't about to let any other boy spoil it for him .

She was his no matter what anybody else wanted . Everyone had to understand that . She belonged to him, Frederick Weasley ,and no one was going to change that . No one .

Neville looked at her until he couldn't see her again  ,then he walked in a daze towards the library where he had to find a book that'll help him with some of his homework .

                   *******
Rora stared out of the dormitory's window at the school grounds below .

She felt so alone tonight . Not because she hadn't any friends . She had friends ,of course . No she just felt lonely for some unknown reason .

The feeling started because of one of her dreams . She couldn't remember it ,but the feeling of loneliness seemed to have come from there .

She sighs as she wishes for the umpteenth time since waking up in the school's infirmary when she was eight ,that she could know who she was .

Where did I come from ?, she thinks while staring at the darkness outside .

Soft footfalls tells her that one of the other first year girls is awake . She doesn't look behind her hoping that whoever it is would leave her alone .

" Rora, why aren't you sleeping ?", Hermione's voice reaches her ears .

Still not looking behind her she shrugs .

Hermione sighs as she takes a seat on the other side of the windowsill .

" Did you dream again?", she asks .

Rora nods just to keep her from asking more questions .

" Oh , Rora, you shouldn't let your dreams get to you ", she says .

Rora says nothing ,just keeps her eyes on the outside world .

How long they sat there Rora would never know . It felt like hours . Eventually they go back to their beds .

The next morning at breakfast Harry asks Rora how she was doing she said she was fine .

When the bell for first period rang she walked to class with him and Ron . Hermione was nowhere to be seen and Rora didn't know where she was .

Ron didn't look too happy that Harry seemed to like Rora and wanted to walk to class with her .

Harry was his friend ,not Rora's and he was quite jealous of his friendship ,guarding it as if it was a special gem .

Rora was glad to find Hermione at class already since Ron had given her the stink eye . 

After class Harry asks her if she wanted to walk with him to the next class which was Transfigurations .

She shook her head and apologized that she couldn't walk with him .

After dinnertime she found herself walking alone into the Griffindor Common Room .

Fred was the only one there ,looking as if he was studying while he actually waited for her .

" Hello , Snowy ", he says when she walks towards him just to talk with him a bit .

" Hello, Fred , how was your day ?".

He smiles broadly while motioning for her to take a seat . She quickly  sits down in a chair next to him ,eager for a little conversation.

" My day was fine , yours ?", he says .

Smiling she says " Mine was okay , school sucked though , Snape kept bugging me to do 
some potion I don't even remember the ingredients of and because of that I lost  ten points for Griffindor and now Hermione is mad at me because of that , so yes , my day was just peachy ".

" Oh, don't let it bug you too much , Rora, George and I always seems to lose points and even if it sucks ,we enjoy our school years", Fred says reaching out to push a strand of her hair behind her ear .

" I guess ", she says unconvinced as she tries not to feel uncomfortable at his touch .

Whenever he touches her she has to suppress such feelings . She was well aware of his feelings towards her . She was still a child so she didn't know how she could respond to it .

" Have you done your homework ", he asks as he lets a finger trail down her cheek .

She shakes her head . " No , I'll do it later ", she says trying not to pull away from him .

Just then George arrives ignoring the fact that Fred had been having a moment with Rora .

" Lee's in trouble , Fred , we need to bust him out !", he calls sounding rather frustrated .

With a sigh Fred gets up.

"Where is he ?", he asks .

Rora takes this distraction to get away and thus doesn't hear when George tells Fred where Lee is .

The next few days Rora finds herself alone once more as Hermione keeps disappearing  on her as if she isn't interested in being her friend anymore .

Their first flying lesson swings around , turning into quite a disaster because Neville breaks his arm, Malfoy and Harry gets into a flying challenge and Harry almost gets expelled for it .

Luckily he gets chosen for the Quidditch team and Rora can't help to feel happy for him .

That same night while she sleeps soundly Hermione snucks out to try and stop Ron and Harry  to  making a big mistake . The next few weeks is so busy for the Potter boy that Rora rarely sees him ,except when he's in class.

On the morning of Halloween  Rora finds herself alone again . Hermione had gone to the library before class and after class she had run away to a bathroom . Rora knew that Ron had been his nasty self and that had hurt Hermione's feelings .

Rora went to look for her and found her crying .

She stayed with her unaware that danger was soon to be coming their way in the form of a troll .

It was when the beast found them that Rora found out something important about herself .

She could duck and dive like a pro and she could fight .

Ron and Harry came to help them and Ron knocked out the troll with his own club by using Harry's wand and for some reason a huge rage took hold of Rora as she grabbed the club ,hitting the troll repeatedly with the club until his face was nothing but a bloody mess .

"Rora, stop!", Hermione cried ,but Rora was oblivious to those words .

It was then that Harry grabbed her ,pulling her away from the troll and at the same time the teachers arrived .

" Let me go !", she screams trying to push Harry away . To no avail since he's strong because of being who he is .

" No , Rora, it's dead , you killed it , you didn't have to smash it's face in with a club ", he says .

Rora kept trying and found that Harry was determined not to let her go . Finally she gives up as she slumps against him unaware what that is doing to him even if he is just an eleven year old boy who hadn't reached puberty yet.

Half an hour later she finds herself in the headmaster's office staring at Dumbledor while he asks her about her rage .

Hermione , Ron and Harry is present while this interrogation goes on. As is Snape, McGonagall and  Quirrell .

"I don't remember ,Professor ", Rora says feeling rather drained from getting so angry .

" Child, I'm trying to help you , because if you get angry like that again ,you might hurt someone ", Dumbledor sighs .

Rora looks down at her hands as she thinks of those true words .

" I don't want to expel you ,Rora, but if you don't answer me I don't have any choice ".

For a moment it's silent in the room then Rora sighs deeply before saying " I just felt so angry , I don't know why ,but I hate trolls , not just cave trolls ,but all sorts , I just wanted to kill it , it felt so right and then so ,so very wrong , Professor, I think I felt something strange stir inside me as I saw that troll and then it all kind of happened automatically , please ,Professor , don't expel me , I'll try not to get angry like that again , please ".

As she spoke tears started to form ,rolling down her cheeks .

Professor Dumbledor sighs ,then nods " Alright , but you'll have detention , with Professor Snape for Four months , I'm sorry , Rora , but that is all I can do rather than expel you ".

Rora says nothing just gets up from the chair she had occupied and leaves the room .

Dumbledor and the others watches her go with mixed feelings .

" Will you right to my mum?", Ron asks when Dumbledor finally looks back at the three of them .

Dumbledor nods "Yes, Ron, I have no choice , it'll be up to your parents if Rora stays in your family or not , now you three must go to bed because it is late , Professor McGonagall shall take you to make sure that our dearest Janitor doesn't burst a  coronary ".

          ************
After that night Rora finds herself being part of Harry's group .

Wherever he  and Ron is , she and Hermione always are .

Nobody speaks to her about what she did . The day after many people started avoiding her ,walking circles around her . But not the Weasley twins . They rather  watches over her whenever she's near them and for that she is grateful.

November comes and it gets colder everyday and once again Rora surprises many a teacher or a student when she doesn't wear any warm clothes except for a long sleeved vest  and sometimes a sweater .

Sometimes she wears a short sleeved shirt  ,but not too often .

One Saturday in November she finds herself at a Quidditch match . It's Harry's first and even if she doesn't like Quidditch she'd rather support Griffindor than staying away .

Since she's not a fan she doesn't pay much attention until Harry's broom goes haywire . She has to hold in a scream when he almost falls off  and isn't even aware that Hermione had gone to set Snape's cloak on fire .

Later when the four of them sat in Hagrid's cottage ,drinking tea she finds out .

" It was Snape ,Hermione and I saw it with our own eyes ", Ron says " his eyes were on you all the time as he mumbled a curse".

Rora who sat next to Harry frowns ,but before she can say something Hagrid does .

" Bullies, why would Snape do such a thing ,eh , are yeh daft or somethin ".

" He tried getting pass that three headed dog ,Hagrid ,on Halloween , the dog bit him , we thought he wanted to steal whatever the dog is hiding ".

Hagrid looked at them suspiciously asking " How did you find out about Fluffy ?".

Rora's frown deepens as she hears this .Who the hell is Fluffy,? she thinks while she strokes Fang's head that he pressed against her legs .

" Fluffy?", Ron says shocked at that stupid name for a dog so huge .

" Yes, his mine, bought him from a Greek I had met last year in a pub  ...borrowed him to Dumbledor for...", his voice trailed of as he realizes that he had almost revealed a secret .

" Yes ?", Harry asks eagerly .

" Don't ask me !", Hagrid snaps " it's a secret that I can't tell you ".

" But Snape wanted to steal it ", Harry says .

" And I say it's Bullies , Snape is one of the teachers ,he'll never do such a thing ", Hagrid grumbles .

" Why did he try to kill Harry then ?!", Hermione yells angrily ." I know a curse when I see it ,you have to keep your eyes on the victim ".

Rora rolls her eyes at this ,but doesn't comment .She had seen enough about Snape these couple of weeks that she didn't need to hear about him from her friends .

The fight goes on and in the end Hagrid  can kick himself
for saying one name that puts Harry , Ron and Hermione on a path and naturally Rora has to tagalong for the ride .

She finds herself searching every spare time for the name Nicholas Flamel . She hates it ,but it keeps her busy .

Christmas nears and so does the holidays . Hermione goes home while the Weasley children including Rora stays at school .

One morning Rora wakes up to find that snow had fell during the night and the Weasley twins gets detention for putting a spell on a snowball to follow Professor Quirrell around ,bumping into his headdress all the time .

Rora can't help ,but laugh at their silliness . She feels anger boiling inside her when Draco Malfoy says something nasty to Ron about their family one day before the holidays ,but she reigns it in to not let it boil over .

She's glad when he and his two huge friends goes away when the holidays starts .

Rora spends her time reading near the hearth while Fred , George and the others sits around playing Wizard chess . Mostly Fred would join her , touching her hair or laying with his head on her shoulder or lap .

This makes her a bit uncomfortable ,but she never lets him know . She endures it ,while wishing for him to leave her alone .

Christmas morning she finds a pile of gifts at the foot of her bed .

Molly had knitted her a Weasley Jersey with her name on it . She even knitted a small intricate pattern of the Aurora on it . She loved it .

Hagrid's present was a fluffy dog toy that looked like Fang and a packet of Bertie Botts every flavour beans .

Dumbledor's  present was a pair of warm socks as well as mittens , a scarf, boots and a book about fairies and such .

An unknown person send her a wolf shaped necklace with a diamond for it's eye . It was rather beautiful . There was also a warm expensive coat and dress with it as well as a journal which she starts writing in immediately because the one she had was already full.

There was just a little note that wished her a Merry Christmas with it in a strange beautiful male handwriting .

Rora had a suspicion that it came from her sponsor who she actually knew nothing about .

Fred also gave her a gift . It was a beaded bracelet . Cheap ,but she cherished it more than her unknown sponsor's necklace.

Harry didn't forget about her either . He bought her a flute that made the most beautiful sounds if she blew on it and he replaced her alchemy set that Neville had burnt to a lump of copper one day in potions class .

Ron also gave her a gift  . It was a pack of cookies ,but she didn't care ,it was the thought that counted .

She wore the  Jersey that day smiling happily at her presents .

Hermione had send her a book as well and sweets from the muggle world .

Her care free  laughter could be heard  when she and her brothers plays in the snow .
It made many a teacher smile . Even Argus Filch couldn't be disgusted at such a sweet innocent laugh .

Later at the Christmas Lunch she eats her fill of every sort of Christmas food there is .
Her smile warms everyone's hearts even Professor Snape's.

After the Christmas Holidays school begins in all earnest .

Soon enough  they find themselves searching again for Nicholas Flamel in every damn library book .

Rora's dreams begins to be remembered as she awakes .
Dreams of dragons, vampires and even creatures that she thought impossible to exist .

She didn't understand those dreams as they were soundless . Why they were like that she didn't know .
She doesn't tell anyone because she's afraid that they'd think her crazy .

They find out about the philosopher's stone  and Nicholas Flamel  and they know as if Dumbledor had told them that ,that is what Fluffy is guarding .

Harry's first Quidditch match for the semester swings along and it's as if Harry is scared because of Snape being referee for this match . Rora and Hermione comforts him with the words that they'd be ready if Snape tries anything .

The match goes by without either of them except for Hermione watching .
A miracle happens as for  the first time Neville stands up for himself against Malfoy who had insulted him and Ron .

Rora had felt anger boiling inside because Malfoy had insulted her family too ,but she had reigned in that anger ,afraid that she'd kill him .

               *********
She walks into a Rotunda with pictures painted on the walls.
She knew the pictures though she didn't understand them .

Her dream changes and she finds herself looking at a man with brown hair and the most beautiful emerald green eyes.

Her next dream scene she stood on a  ship next to an elf with greyish eyes . Before she could try and understand who he was and why she was there her dream faded into nothing ......

Rora jolted awake the moment her dream faded .

The dream wasn't what she'd call a dream. It was just snippets of her past .

A past she couldn't even begin to remember .

This dream was all because of the incident that had happened in Hagrid's cottage the previous day .

They had gone to see Hagrid to ask him some questions and a huge surprise waited for them .

Rora had felt something strange stir inside her the moment she had set foot over the threshold .

That feeling had pulled her towards the hearth as her whole being ignored the room that had felt like a huge oven .

In the fire she saw it when she looked . An egg as black as coal .

She had known what it was even before Ron had declared what it was to the room at large .

It was a dragon egg and she could feel the baby dragon inside of it .

This scared her . More than she could handle .

In her head pounded a word that she'd never heard in this world before . Dovah.It was as if it called to her . To acknowledge it for what it was .

She had hated it . And so she had distanced herself from the fire and tried calming her nerves as she took a seat beside Harry .

Rora rubs her eyes feeling as if she had somehow slept in a sandstorm rather than in a bed .

With reluctance she gets up from her bed as she somehow knew that it was time to get up .

             ***********
"I don't want to go ", Rora had protested when Hagrid had send word that the egg was hatching .

It had fallen on death ears . She may as well had said nothing .

Now she stared looking at the thing that had come out of the egg  . It was black and scaly . Rora felt that feeling stir inside her again .

She cringed as she tried to suppress it .  It was a mixture of awe and a tiny bit of something vicious .

She wanted something that the dragonling had . Something that was inside of it . Her whole being screamed for her to take it .

Resisting it she pushed away from the table ,backing up as far as she could .

" It's beautiful ,isn't it ?", Hagrid purrs .

Rora didn't think so because the black of it's scales reminded her of something terrible , yet she cannot for the life of her remember what.

" Hagrid ,how fast does a Norwegian Richback grows ?", Hermione asks .

Hagrid had no time to answer because Malfoy had looked through a cut in the curtain and had seen the dragon .

                 *******
Rora sat staring at the surface of her table . It was her last night of detention with Snape and she was glad .

She didn't like him much. Just like he didn't like her .

He wasn't in the room right now because McGonagall had called him for some reason .He had told her to stay put before rushing out .

Rora's thoughts turns to Hermione and Harry and the thing they were doing tonight .

She had cursed the day Hagrid had found that egg and now it had brought huge problems for them .

She and Ron had written to Charlie and had received a letter to meet his friends on the highest tower .

Ron didn't go because like her he was occupied elsewhere . She was in detention and he was in Madame Pomphrey's care because Norbert had bitten him .

She worried about them and wished that she could help them .

The heavy footfalls of a man brings her attention back to reality .

Looking in the direction of the door she wonders who was coming her way .

She didn't have to wonder long because the next thing she knew was Snape strutting through the door with a smug smile on his face . This made Rora frown.

" You may go now , Weasley , " he says to her without looking at her  " and I hope to not see your face at night here again ".

Rora didn't let him invite her twice . She was so not coming to this place during the night again .

It's only the next day that she and Ron learns the bad news that Harry, Hermione and Neville had been caught . The good news was Malfoy had also been caught.

Karma is a bitch,Rora had thought at that .

With the exams coming up Rora finds herself too busy to worry about the consequences of their night of trying to help Hagrid.

She studies harder and ignores it whenever Fred tries to steal her attention away from her books.

The night that Harry, Hermione and Neville is due for detention Rora sits by  a table glaring at one particular book on vampires and werewolves that Quirrell had given her to read . For some reason he was far more friendlier with her and she didn't like it .

" Did the book offend you , Snowy ?", Fred asks from where he sat across from her with his own books .

She shakes her head . " No , I'm just not in the mood  for reading about vampires and werewolves ", she says.

" Oh, " Fred says . He didn't understand why she'd be in a bad mood because of that .

" Have you considered my question of yesterday yet ?", he asks .

Rora frowns racking her brain for what he meant before she remembers him asking her if she'd be his girlfriend.

" Fred , I can't , Mum won't like it ", she says looking at him with pity in her eyes .

Sitting up straighter Fred says reaching out to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear," Rora, nobody has to know, you know , we could act like we always do in front of everyone else and in private I could hold your hand and such , please consider it ?".

Rora bits her lip while trying not to look at him .
How can he ask her when she has no feelings like that towards him .

" I have to study", she says finally after a few moments of silence .

" Fine," he huffs" but I'll need your answer by the time we gets off the train when we go home ".

                 *******
The exams goes by so fast and Rora don't even remember writing it even though she knew that she was there .

Spring comes and the days becomes warmer as Summer is nearing .

One night Rora finds herself following  Harry, Ron and Hermione through the hatch under Fluffy's feet .

They used Rora's flute to get past the huge ,drooling lump of a dog .

Big mistake to follow them  as huge vines of a plant grabs her ,pulling her into the sure embrace of suffocation.

Luckily for her Hermione knows what to do to save her , Ron and Harry . But only after Harry and Ron reminds her that she should burn it .

After getting away from the plant they follow a corridor and hears a rustle of something when they're almost at the end .

" Do you think it's a ghost ?", Ron asks .

Harry shrugs " I don't know ....sounds like wings to me ".

The next room is brightly lit and high up at the ceiling they see jewel bright birds . On the other side of the room was a heavy wooden door.

" Do you think they'll attack us if we go there ?",Ron asks .

" Maybe , they don't look dangerous ,but if they come at us together ....I don't think we could do anything else , I'm going to that door ".

Rora follows him and the others towards the door and luckily for them ,nothing happens .

Their predicament comes when trying to open the door not even Alohomora,helps in this situation .

" Great , now we're stuck ", Rora grumbles .

" Not necessarily ", Hermione says looking up at the birds .

Rora and the other two follows her gaze .

" They're not birds !", Harry exclaims suddenly . " They're keys....".

He then looks around the room while the others keeps looking at the so called keys.

" Hey , there's brooms , we must go catch a key for the door !", he calls out .

" But there's hundreds of them!", Rora protests .

" We need a big antique key ..silver I think ", Ron says looking at the lock of the door .

Rora gulps ,not liking the sound of that . She wasn't good at flying and catching things at the same time .

                *********
" Ron !", Rora screams as Ron crumbles to the floor .

They had to play wizard chess and they had to become pions . The White Queen  had to take Ron . He had chosen to be a Knight .

" Stay on your spot ,Rora !", Harry warns even though he too looks devastated .

Feeling tears run down her cheeks Rora obeys even if her whole heart screamed for her to go to her brother .

When they finally win she rushes over to him to check for a pulse  , breathing a sigh of relief when she finds one .

" I'll stay with him", she tells Harry and Hermione . 

With a nod from each they run towards the next door leaving Rora to care for her brother .

                 *******
Rora stared out of the window of the train that'll take them back to Kings Cross .

She was glad for this year to be over as she didn't like most of it . Too many troubles followed her .

A soft sigh escapes her lips as her thoughts turns to Fred who would want an answer before she leaves the train .

She wished she had some way of escape ,but she hadn't.

She didn't want to hurt his feelings .

" Why so glum ,Rora?", Ron asks " we're almost home and we have a long summer ahead of us and no school whatsoever  , relax ".

She gave him a look that says to mind his own business .

Then she looks at Harry who smiled at her . She had grown fond of this friend of hers . Never did she think that she'd be his friend at the end .

She smiles back before winking at Hermione who just grinned .

At Kings Cross Molly  and Ginny awaits with people that Rora didn't know .  Two of them were fat as pigs while the other was so thin Rora was sure the wind could blow her away if it wanted to .

" Hello , Mum ", Rora says hugging Molly .

" Hello , Rora ,"Molly says hugging her back .

Ginny is so happy to see her she almost caused her to fall when she sprang into her arms .

" Careful ,Gin, " Rora warns .

Soon she finds herself at home in her and Ginny's room.

And she had forgotten all about what Fred had asked . For now she was going to enjoy the summer and hope when School and learning spells comes again she'll be ready for the new year ahead .

                ********
I hope you enjoyed this chapter . Hugs . Please Vote and Comment .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.1K 24
[OLD BOOK | READ WITH CAUTION] (Y/n) (L/n)... Very cocky personality, but that doesn't mean she's isn't fearless and brave in battle... Known as Dova...
455 42 19
What happens when one gets sucked into another world and meet your own created Dragonborn character ?.....Cari Toerien finds herself inside a world...
6.2K 242 45
It began when the Last Dragonborn found a person who was also gifted in the way of Thu'um. She was younger than him, fragile, and extremely incompete...
2.1K 44 12
[This book is a continuation of my first book, The Demigod and The Originals. Please feel free to read that first so it won't get confusing.] You are...