The Failed Subject ~ The Maze...

By dorimoroney

The deafening sounds of screeching metal surrounded me. I sucked in deep heavy breaths trying to remember why... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Liked The Book?

Chapter 12

3K 67 29
By dorimoroney

Through Newts eyes

I ran towards the Homestead. The Griever. It was coming. I turned around. (Y/N) was at the back of the group. The Griever was on her tail. It jumped over her, she was underneath the slimy metal creature. Then a wave of adrenaline washed over me. I ran at the Griever as it raised its Stinger at her. My head filled with strange thoughts that seemed too good to be real. I ignored them. I ran towards (Y/N). I couldn't stop myself. It was like something inside me had taken over. I sharply slid underneath the Griever pushing (Y/N) out of the way. Why was she just lying there? The Griever dropped its Stinger into the ground only slightly missing (Y/N). I picked her up off the ground. She opened her beautiful brown eyes. I felt woozy. Those thoughts in my head weren't thoughts, that adrenaline rush wasn't an adrenaline rush, They were memories, memories that told me that if I remembered her I would save her. The Creators, they did this. She looked at me with a confused look. I ignored it and grabbed her arm.

"Come on! Its coming."

I started to run and she followed. I pushed her forward into the Homes stead and slammed the door behind me. I turned to her. Careless of the fact that there was a Griever just outside, careless of the fact that all the Gladers were staring at me.

"I remember," I said.

Before she could answer, I leaned forward. Pressing my lips onto her soft ones. I missed it so much. I felt soft tears trickle down her cheeks onto mine. I placed my right hand under her chin, raising her face to look at me.

"Newt!" she cried.

Before I knew it she raised her hand slapping me across the face.

"Don't ever do that again!" She sobbed.

"I know, I know, baby. I wont. Or at least if someone doesn't try to erase my memories."

"Guys! Can I have your attention please?" Alby interrupted, "we will be staying here for the rest of today, just to be safe. I dont want to risk anyone's safety."

Everyone nodded.

"Does that include sleeping?" I asked.

"The rest of the boys looked at me." Minho rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Newt. But if you would like, you and some others can go upstairs for privacy."

"Cool," I replied.

I needed tonight with (Y/N) alone. I had to make things up to her.

Night rolled in, and I took (Y/N) upstairs to one of the Med Rooms that had a bed. Minho took the other one and some others were also scattered among the top floor.

"I'm so sorry," I tried to avoid eye contact.

"Newt, it wasnt your fault."

"Let me make it up to you."

I pushed her back onto the bed.

"Wait, Newt," I paused, I knew it, she doesn't love me anymore, "This isn't safe."

I looked up in shock.

"Once is ok but I could seriously end up pregnant Newt," she said.

"I know, but who cares. We can have a child if we want."

"Ok Newt, but not for long, ok?" She asked softly.

I threw off my tattered singlet.

"Anything, as long as I can have you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 7.7K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 54.9K 101
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
872K 19.9K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
50.6K 1.4K 33
oneshots of Kuroko x Everyone