Under the sheets

By nekomari

After my father remarried I really expected my life to turn in to hell. My wish might have come true, after... More

Chapter 1; Stand off
Chapter 2; Dean's garage
Chapter 3; Cold waters
Chapter 4; Then I saw her
Chapter 5; Couch sessions
Chapter 6; I'm eternally grateful to you
Chapter 7; His old Gamecube
Chapter 8; That picture was probably awful
chapter 9; Ode to joy
chapter 10; Pearl Nova
Chapter 11; Hello baby cakes
Chapter 12; cus' you're childish!
Chapter 13; Ridiculously cute!
Chapter 14; Me, Dean & the girl
Chapter 15; Let's go get a drink then.
Chapter 16; Venomous or poisonous?
Chapter 17; I really fucking like you.
Chapter 18; The new kid
Chapter 19; Social pyramid
Chapter 20; You're on the list!
Chapter 21; Don't trust any of them.
Chapter 22; Glee
Chapter 23; Just strawberries.
Chapter 24 part 1; The blue lights
Chapter 24 part 2; The blue lights
Chapter 25; 10k
Chapter 26; No?
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 27 part 1; The edge
Chapter 27 part 2; The edge
Chapter 28; The fall
Chapter 29; After the fall

Special Chapter

1.9K 29 3
By nekomari

Blaire and pearl
------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the number with trembling hands, This was going to happen, Me at Blaire's house, I get to see her, in her natural environment. I'm such a creep but I wanted to know what kind of room she lived in. I sighed and with shaking fingers I clicked on her number.

-"Hey Pearl!" she greeted me and her voice instantly made me feel nervous I could only imagine her and how her swollen pink lips spoke each word, especially my name.
-"What are you up to?" I found myself asking, Jesus.
-nothing, I'm taking a bath!" She said, my breathing became irregular, a bath? I swallowed nervously,
I dropped the question before I could coward out
-"Do you think me and the girls could go over and hang out?" I asked I felt her get excited which made me happy to the inside of my core
-"Yes!" She accepted happily, A sincere
-"Yey!" Dropped from my lips, I would get to see her later and we would get to hang out and have a good time, This was great!
I hung up and Yada and Steph looked at me with cheeky smiles
-"That was Blaire" Steph Smugly stated
I blushed, they knew.
Yada laughed
-"That was Blaire" she announced, it seemed my face had told them everything,
-"Yeah, it was Blaire" I confirmed.
They both laughed at me, we were currently in my room, I didn't have dinner duty today because dad had given me the day off, so I was enjoying the time with my girls, I silently thank God for Dean's sudden call, What was he even up to? I didn't bother to even ask him because I was just so excited, I'll probably get the details later.
-"Man you got it bad," Yada said smiling at me
-"Yeah, she does!" Steph added
-"What? no, I don't" I nervously defended myself, I didn't, I didn't, I didn't. I repeated like a mantra,
-"Oh, so you don't?" Yada said -"Then, what's this about?" She said raising the drawing of Blaire I did in art class on Monday,
-"That's nothing, it was an assignment for class."
Yada and Steph looked at me with knowing smug smiles, they knew me already, they knew. It wasn't really an assignment, we had to draw still life that day and my hands ended up drawing her in profile, She was art.
It didn't help that her heart already belonged to Dean, My friend, and I wasn't going to Stab him in the back by having unrequited feelings for her, My code of ethics wouldn't allow it. Add to that everything my precious sister had done to him.
Then that cursed memory took a stroll through my mind, the wound was still fresh.
I shook my head, but there was something about her that just threw me into her, she was like a bitter memory on my tongue, however, she was like thick honey on my tastebuds, a feeling I missed terribly. It didn't help that her first impression of me was that of disdain and jealousy, but that only told me that her heart loved earnestly, honestly and it made mine beat for the first time in a long time.
I left them alone that night, even though I wanted to stay and get to know this person who at first glance had stolen my breath, her eyes did bare pain, her eyes did bare a secret, she was exactly how Dean had described her but when he presented her to me on that day at the fest Her name was written on my heart.
Was she that ghost from a past life coming back to haunt me? Or was this one of God's wicked punishments for me, Either way, how cruel.
-"we're going over to her house, now," I announced as I started to look through my makeup and fix my self up a bit.
They both looked at each other and back at me.
-"Or, if you would rather leave me alone with her," I said darkly while trying to fix my mascara in the mirror,
-"No, we're obviously going to vage block you to shit," Yada said
-"Yep, wouldn't miss that opportunity for the world," Steph said while extending her arms widely
-"I was just thinking how much Blaire looks like Alice" Yada dropped.
I blinked.
-"I was thinking that you lik-"
-"No, absolutely not!" I yelled before Yada could finish her sentence. That wound was healed, so there's no reason it should be reopened.
-"We do not talk about Alice." I looked at Yada and Steph who both stared back at me, they knew how I got about this topic, I hated to remember a time when breathing was painful.
-"please" my voice broke, I didn't want to ruin my mascara with tears, so I held them in.
I will not remember that ghost, Not today.
Today is about Blaire and no one else.
-"I'm sorry," Yada said standing up and coming over to me, she hugged me and held me in her arms.
-"I'm fine, I've always been," I said. I didn't care anymore, I didn't care anymore.
-"By the way, isn't Lindor getting too chummy with Blaire?" Steph brought up suddenly, that's right, that guy.
-"Yeah, he is. What does he need to talk to her about anyway? And she just accepted it." I said full of bitterness.
-"Well, we'll protect her from him won't we?" Yada comforted me still in her arms.

But I couldn't take it because today I also talked to Lindor.
I looked at Lindor from down the hallway, his stupid frame made every cell in my body want to throw up collectively. I hated everything that made him. I marched up to him and grabbed him by his stupid letter jacket.
-"Pearl" he greeted me smugly, his green eyes on me felt like leprosy on skin.
-"Do not make me beat that stupid smile out of your face Lindor," I warned him. God, I wanted to, but he wouldn't hit me back and that wouldn't be fair. He pulled his jacked away from my fist and looked at me with disdain.
-"What do you want Pearl?" He spat out as he challenged me with that expression.
-"What do I want? I want you to stay the fuck away from Blaire." I said
He looked at me and huffed a small chuckle
-"I'm not joking Lindor, all you bring is problems and if because of you she gets hurt
I'll make sure you pay." I promised him
-"I know why you're like this, you've noticed too..." he said darkly.
-"You better not," I warned him again as I clench my fists tighter
-"She's not Alice." He dropped making my insides go numb, blind by rage, I grabbed him by his letter jacket and slammed him on to the lockers, everyone suddenly turned to us. This was gonna be hot gossip.
-"You have no right to speak that name, it's your fault, I don't want to hear you say that name again." I threaten him while holding him tightly, I didn't care that he was a guy or taller than me, I'll break a nail if it means I'll see his blood on it.
He pushed me off him.
-"Neither do you, or did you forget? you're guilty too." He spat at me, while he looked at me, his eyes had the same rage I held in mine.
I looked at him, My Fist itching to break his jaw or his nose, but this was not about her, or what happened. This was about Blaire, and what could happen.
-"Lindor, Stay away from Blaire, I know the only reason you placed her on that list is to get close to her, otherwise why else would you be playing? You never play." My throat itch at all the insults I could hurl at this piece of garbage. How I detested this sorry excuse of a human being.
-"Why are you the only one that gets to be close to her? I have more things in common with her anyways, I bet you haven't even seen her pictures." He spat
-"I don't care Lindor. Stay. Away. From. Blaire."
I looked at him, his eyes were as tired as mine, we lived the same thing and I knew it, but I couldn't accept it because he didn't suffer as I did, because he always came on top no matter what, this school, no, the world was never going to be aligned for someone like me. The world only worked for Joshua Lindors.
-"I won't stay away from her, I'll make her realize how much of a creep you are, when are you going to stop pretending to be her BFF and tell her how you actually feel? How are you better than me? Big deal, the list. At least she knows exactly how I feel about her." He dropped on me, fire in his green eyes, and I knew it was going to happen again.
-"Whatever. She's on our side anyway. She knows you're not someone to trust."
I walked away from him, everyone stared at us and they knew that the storm was going to brew again, they knew.

-"Well if you talked to him about it, he'll be hesitant right? He'll back off."
Yada broke the memory of today's incident
-"It's different this time, he also wants to snatch Blaire away, he won't listen not even because of..." I couldn't even finish the sentence, What a despicable man.
-"The only way I can guarantee Blaire's safety is if her relationship with Dean works out" I brought myself to say, The girls looked at me full of pity because they knew that what I had to carry on my shoulders was heavy, but this time I couldn't think about myself, if Blaire was in love with Dean she wouldn't have to fall for Lindor, she wouldn't have a reason to be near him and me, and I wouldn't fall for her, because my code of ethics wouldn't allow it.
My heart ached, a cruel punishment indeed -"Let's Just go." I said while I grabbed my jacket.

***

Blaire's smile at the door was enough to send me into an emotional spin cycle.
Yellow was such a good color on her, did she knew? She wore shorts, exposing those mid-tone thighs to me, each of those freckles on her skin taunting me when she raised her arms, her sweater raised too, then I could catch glimpses of her belly, where freckles also hid under the yellow sweater. I caught Yada's and Steph's glances, they were making sure I remained sane.
-"Hey, I hope you don't mind the company"
I managed to push out as I held her hands, warm and soft, her pink lips curved in to a smile, and this was the first time I've seen her without makeup, she was beautiful, especially that abundance of freckles, no, angel kisses on her face, her green eyes made me forget; worry and at that moment it was us, and no one else.
-"Wow Blaire, you guys have a piano?" Steph's Voice erupted suddenly. Making Blaire shift her focus to the piano, I suspected Steph did this on purpose.

-"Oh yeah! isn't it great?" Blaire exclaimed -"I love it, and playing is such a delight, I have no idea where dad found it," She said
-"Are you gonna play something for us?" Yada requested, Blaire looked at the piano temptingly and blushed, what? was that about?

-"Okay!" she accepted and took a seat in front of it, she opened the lid exposing the ivory keys,
-"What do you guys want to hear?" She asked us, we all looked at each other confused, we didn't know.
-"play your favorite song?" was all I thought about,
She smiled again and her eyes twinkled,
-"Okay, I'll play it" she then, without hesitation began playing the first notes of a song I didn't know, but I loved it.
Steph began to sing along, seemed she knew the lyrics, I was not surprised because she knew every song in the world, she saw music and felt it in a way Yada and I never understood, Yada went ahead and started percussion on the table, and Blaire began singing. at the moment I felt all my worries being lulled back to sleep in the deepest part of my brain because at this moment, nothing mattered more than my girls harmonizing peacefully in the living room, Last summer, right when Yada Steph and I were new to each other, we decided to start a band, so we spend all summer working on learning how to play instruments, it never took off, I was actually dealing with Alice drama, and today, I wondered what would have happened if we would have continued,and at that moment I knew. 
-"Guys, this is it," I spoke out, without thinking, apparently my voice came out suddenly enough to stop them, and then a tinge of regret touched me. 
-"Nothing" I murmured locking myself back up inside. 
-What are you thinking?" Yada encouraged me, after having all six pairs of eyes on me I finally caved in. 
-"We don't need to get revenge on the somebodies," I said and watched as Yada and Stephs eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 
-"What do you mean?" Steph said leaning closer, I was searching Blaire's face but she just looked at me waiting for me to give my answer.
I was very Idealist and dramatic, so maybe I was making this out to be a bigger deal than it really was. 
-"I mean, the original plan was just to play anonymous pranks on them until graduation," I said again, I guess my tone made Blaire giggle.
-"Hell yeah and it's gonna be awesome," Steph said aloud exited voice.
-"Well, what if we, and hear me out, form a band and be amazing at it, and become cool in our own way, show them, that we don't need their permission to be somebodies, to be who we want to be." The girls looked at me silently for a whole minute I cringed a bit,  it was stupid right,it was.
-"WellI like it." Blaire Piped up, we all looked at her.
-"Wait, you do?" I asked stupified. 
-"Yeah, it's a great idea, one we can actually reap benefits from, getting into local shows isn't that hard anyways right? besides, with youtube, we can learn to play just about any instrument."
Blair explained, which started to make Steph giddy.
-"I actually have contacts that could get us gigs! this is totally possible and it's my dream to make music" Steph quickly jumped on board. Yada was looking at us still confused. 
-"I mean we can start with doing cover songs like we just did and see where that takes us?"
Yada was also in on it, and I couldn't believe this, I was trembling because the amount of joy going through my body was too much!
-"I can write someour songs right?" I offered, "But starting as a cover band isn't a bad idea, don't most of them start off that way?" Blaire claps her hands together!
-"So it's settle, Obviously ill be on the keyboard!" she called dibs
-"Well, I already know how to play the drums" Yada Laughed 
-"I will sing!" Steph chirped 
They all started buzzing with excitement, 
-"Guess I'll be on the guitar!" I said, smiling, ear to ear, and when I felt such a wide smile on my face my ears suddenly grew hot and I felt my face getting redder, and it was all Blaire, she was sparking a soon to be roaring fire inside me. 
-"our name is going to be the nobodies."  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 1K 19
When my dad told me his best friend was finally returning back to his hometown, I expected him to be someone who got me bored with a word, not the on...
1.9K 65 42
Steff life was perfect. Until her stepsister step into her life. Everything turns upside down. From her relationship to her father then to the man sh...
48 5 5
I'm used to being unseen and I like it. Little did I know everything this year would change.
Without You By Jeem

Teen Fiction

1K 27 10
This is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as the shy, nerdy girl. Then introduce the other protagonist of the story, who's a charismatic hot guy...