Chasing Resolution

By juls_jewel

Eliana Davis had a calm and peaceful life. That's what you get when you have a single parent and anti-social... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
NOTICE!!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 4

40 5 0
By juls_jewel

When my dad and I walked to the entrance of the building, we were greeted by a lady who was in a formal outfit with the typical black skirt, black blazer, white shirt and black heels. She looked to be in about her early 40s and she introduced herself to us as Ms. Williams, the headteacher of the school. She took us to her office that looked like the typical headteacher's office and offered us a seat.

"So Eliana, I am aware of your situation because of the application letter your father sent us. Although it is uncommon for children to grow up without knowing their heritage, it's okay because everyone in this school is here to learn and grow academically and personally so there is no reason to worry. Besides, I'm always here to help if you face any issues" she said trying to reassure to me. She seemed like a nice and genuine person so I just nodded along trying to seem confident even though I was so nervous.

"Thank you so much for your help", my dad replied with a relieved look on his face while offering his hand for a handshake.

"That's alright. That's what the school's here for, to help", she replied with a smile and shook his hand. "So, let's get started with a tour around the school. The students are currently in lesson so you don't have to worry about bumping into any of them right now as we walk around" She stated as she stood up and walked out of her office into the hallway.

***Photo of school above***
(Bird's eye view)

"Eliana, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen or heard of a school like this. To everyone else it seems like a normal school but to all supernatural beings, it's something completely different". I'm sure my dad and I had confusion written over our faces but then she pointed to one of the windows in the hallway. "What do you see when you look through that window?" She asked me. "Umm.....fields," I replied and then she said "exactly". This made me wonder if she was crazy or something, like she can clearly see the fields so why did she ask me?

As we reached huge black door at the back entrance of the school, we stopped and my thoughts were interrupted by Ms Williams saying "There's a difference though. To everyone who looks through the windows, they see plain fields. However, when you pass through this door, you'll see something completely different. This only applies to supernatural beings though so if you are human you won't see anything different apart from the plain fields."

That's when she opened the huge black door that had beautiful golden designs on it and showed me a new world. Like literally, there were extra buildings that replaced the plain boring fields but that's not what awed me the most, it was the different people I saw. They had different colours of hair and they looked so different, some were flying, I even saw dragons. Crazy, right? In this moment, I don't know why or how but I felt like I belonged. Suddenly, I was a bit excited to see what the future in this school holds.

"This is magical!" I happily exclaimed. Ms Williams smiled at me and said, "Indeed it is, unfortunately Mr Davis it's a shame you can't see any difference because you are human so you'll see everyone in their human form instead of their supernatural form" she said apologetically to my dad. "That's alright, rules are rules but if El loves it then I'm pretty sure it's beautiful" Dad said with a small smile.

"This place exists because we need a place where we can train with our supernatural abilities without harming ourselves or other people so nothing that happens here can affect the outside world because this is a mythical realm. To make it easier to understand, the side of the school that contains classrooms and the students' rooms is visible to anyone. However, the other side of the school where we do training and learning that involves students using their powers is protected by an invisible shield that means humans see plain fields but we see everything. This is done for safety measures in order to avoid bringing attention to ourselves. We do this by making it seem like classrooms and dormitories are the whole school" Ms Williams explained this to us.

After the tour, she took us back to her office and made my dad sign some confidentiality forms about the mystical realm. Then, it was time for him to leave which broke my heart. My dad was my best friend and maybe only friend but that's because he's the only one who understood me. I have never been away from my dad for more than a week but this is going to be months separated from my dad which brought tears to my eyes. I hugged him goodbye and watched him leave while I tried to stop myself from falling to the ground and literally begging him to stay with me.

So here I am, sad but determined. I'm ready to learn about who I am, hopefully be social and make some friends. I'm here to work on myself and also make my mum proud. Although I really hated the idea of boarding school, I really have no choice but to just be brave. After my little internal peep talk, Ms Williams turned to me and said, "Eliana, there's someone I want you to meet". She went to open the her office door. "This is Aubree Mathews and she's your new roommate".

Hey guys,

I know I took long to update, sorry. School just drags on and takes up most of my time. Besides this chapter has so many descriptions and it was just taking me long to finish writing it but I'm finished. Thank god! Anyways thanks for reading, we're almost at 100 views😱😱 that's so cool!!!

♡Julia♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 628 60
"Look at you, completely at our mercy," Kade sneered. "How does it feel knowing that someone else holds the power, witch?" Kieran added making them l...
27.6K 2.8K 24
Is a hexing witch who can't use her powers, really a witch? Rowena Flores has issues... and we're not just talking about her disconnected wifi and su...
8.2K 346 20
Slow updates because of school:(( 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔? 𝑻𝒉𝒆�...
60.7M 2.9M 83
[IN BOOKSTORES AND KINDLE UNLIMITED NOW!] What if you were matched with the original love god? --- When Lila goes to the Cupids Matchmaking Service i...