Charming Fables

By halfpastwriter

Charm Fables always knew her life was never going to be the same when she entered the world of magic, myths a... More

Disclaimer
Around In The Magic Town
Tale Of Donkeyskin
The Poison Apple
The Mermaid Legs
The Thawed Heart
Bearer Of News
Story of Arbella Josè
Dealing Allies

The Glass Slipper

8 1 2
By halfpastwriter

The Glass Slipper

It didn't take long for all the hell to break loose. There was chaos in the palace. Everyone running, shouting, crying and hiding. It was getting out of my hands and I was getting annoyed. I like when things are calm and orderly which is the opposite of the situation.

I stood up on the high railing of stairs and shouted loudly. Everybody stopped like a statue and turned towards me. Hidden people got out and everything grew silent. I gulped and got down. I calmly asked the Royals to join me in the meeting room while ordered the palace staff to gather in the kitchen. I walked in the room and locked it.

"We need to calm down and stay together."

"B-but Cindy is dead. Snow is too. We are all going to die." Ariel cried.

"The longer you stay together, you're safe."

"Are you just going to ignore the death of our wives?" Ferdinand said quietly. His cold tone gave me shivers.

"Of course not Your Highness. I am starting the investigation right away."

"I'm telling you. It's those people. They killed them and soon they will come for us." Aurora cried.

"No. I won't let them come. Your safety is my responsibility and I will make sure of that. But for now, I want you all to stay in here. No one and I mean no one is allowed outside the room. My companion Arbella will come to look out for you."

"Where are you going?"

"To the kitchen. If the killer came in, then either it's an insider or is still inside the castle."

I walked out of the room and called out of Arbella. She came in and hugged me. She held on a little longer and tugged at my hair. I nodded at her and she went into the room and locked from inside.

I walked to the kitchen to find people standing around. I stood up on top of the table. Their attention came to me.

"I want all of you to look around you and tell me if anyone is missing."

They gulped and did as I said. I wasn't going to rule anybody out. Whether it's a princess or a pauper. A little hand rose and I looked to find a little boy look at me. I jumped down and leaned towards him.

"Sebastian is missing."

"Sebastian who?" I asked him softly.

"That crab-faced man. Umm, he is always around Miss Ariel."

My eyes widened. I dismissed them and rushed to my room. Grabbing my weapon bag, I ran in the meeting room. Everyone was sitting and mourning the death. I cleared my throat and they looked at me with tear stained eyes.

"Get up. All of you. I'm taking you all to a safe place."

The princesses started getting up. As I turned around to go out, Shane called out.

"We're not going anywhere with an outcast."

"Okay. Stay and die."

I shrugged him off and directed the princesses out of the castle slowly. I had already arranged a huge carriage that will fit them all in. Slowly, the princes joined me and got into it too. Arbella sat beside the Coachman and was ready to direct them all. I patted the horse and they started to get out of my sight. But no matter what I thought, I was missing something and that's exactly what happened.

I was about to leave the castle when that boy from earlier came. He tugged on my hand. I leaned down to him.

"They are out there. They all are. Beware. Do not run towards them. Runaway. Far far away."

His voice had turned into a cold itchy voice. I couldn't recognize it's the same kid. Before I could see what was wrong with him, he fell in my arms. He wasn't breathing. I saw his eyes turn white and slowly, his lips turned purple. I hugged that boy and laid him down on the hay. With one last look, I walked out of the castle towards the danger.

---------------------------

I've never liked forests. Let's just say, bad experiences. But whenever you need something, good or bad, it's always the forests.

I had decided not to waver from my path. I mean, not to go left or right. Walk straight. If you here anything, get alert but don't leave your path. The things you need will come to you. As I walked without looking here and there, I heard rustling all around me. Someone was following me or spying on me. I acted to not pay heed to it and walked my way.

I reached a clearing. I looked around and recognized this as the place where Snow was kept in the glass coffin the first time. The coffin was still there. Lazy dwarfs. I braced myself for anything. I sensed someone close around me. But before I could react, I was attacked by a heavy thing. I tried to push it off me but it was too heavy for me.

I heard a throat clearing and suddenly I was released. I rubbed my head as I hit the ground pretty hard. A cold Stony hand touched my face and lifted it. I saw a huge boulder in front of me. I groaned in annoyance.

"What do you want Stony."

He slapped me and I spat some blood.

"Ugh. I don't have haemoglobin to spare you. Can I interest you in a question instead?"

"I told you not to walk this realm. You don't listen. Now you die."

"Oh well, would you look at that? It's time for me to end your reign."

I gave him a saccharine smile and slowly stood up. His eyes turned bright green and all the little trolls climbed up to make the troll king even more monstrous. He tried to hit me but I jumped out of the way. I fumbled in my bag to bring out the stone. Jade Stone. Only this can stop him. All I had to do is reach to his stone heart and put it there.

I ran in circles around the clearing as he ran after me. The shaking ground wasn't really being helpful. I looked around and saw some vines hanging down the trees. I prayed to dryads to help me out. I doubted they'd be here because of the threats going around but I focused and making them feel calm.

The troll king caught on and flung me to a tree. I fell down and my head became a little dizzy. I struggled to stand up and checked my pocket if the stone was still there. Before I could stand straight, another hand flung at me and threw me in the coffin. I groaned and coughed blood. He walked slowly to me with a sinister smile.

"Give my hello to the dead princesses."

But before he could close the coffin, a vine wound around his hand and pulled him on the floor. I managed to get out of the coffin and ran towards the other vines.

"THANK YOU DRYADS!"

I climbed the vines. I saw him struggle to stand up. Who asked you to carry all the trolls when you knew it'd take you down. I made a jump towards his chest with the stone in my hand. I caught the edge of his shoulder and started going towards the heart. He kept on shaking himself to get me off but I held on to his boulders.

As I neared the chest, he managed to reach his hand at me and threw me off him. I jumped again at him and this time, I aimed straight for the chest. As soon as I reached the heart, I saw the space perfectly moulded for the stone. I pushed the stone in and pressed it tightly. I heard him gasp and he staggered.

I jumped off him as I saw slowly all the trolls fall down and break as if made of glass. He wasn't able to stay in balance. He fell down and all that remained were small pieces of rocks. The stone was embedded on a large rock. The vines and roots from the nearby tree slowly grew longer and covered it up hiding all the evidence of the rock king.

I panted and walked towards the nearby lake dragging my bag behind me. I drank the water and pour it on my wounds to clean it. I cracked my knuckles and touched a tree.

"Thank you. I promise I will never let any dark magic touch you."

I walked by the shore. I looked around to find myself near a hut. I rolled my eyes. There we go again. I shuffled in my bag and slowly slipped the iron dagger in my shoes. I swear if it's a witch, she's going to die. I knocked on the door and waited.

When the door opened, I was shocked to find them there. Hansel and Gretel.

—––————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419 3 55
Jasmine wakes up to a whole new world she only thought existed in books and movies. Realizing she is part of a prophecy that was in the works for ove...
16.6K 546 33
A long time ago a prince was cursed by a witch. His only hope of being human was finding a girl that would love him for who he really is. Not just be...
1.1M 22.4K 23
Thousands of years ago a Witch fell in love. But this love was not ordinary. She fell in love with a wolf. No one knows how or even why but she had s...
1.6K 129 35
in a world where all supernaturals live peaceful together. from lycans to elves. they exist. a thousand years ago there was a war that lead to the ex...