HEROES | YOONKOOK [✓]

By CLEBANGTAN

[ COMPLETED ] in which jungkook is secretly spider-man, yoongi has a crush on his best friend, and they both... More

EPIGRAPH
CHARACTERS
SOUNDTRACK
ACT ONE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
ACT TWO
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
EPILOGUE
something special
SURPRISE! THERE'S A SEQUEL

CHAPTER FIVE

3.1K 178 24
By CLEBANGTAN

Yoongi was suspicious and annoyed, two of his least favourite feelings, especially when they were being provoked by his best friend. The part of him that was annoyed also felt equally selfish for being annoyed, however, his suspicions were elevating the annoyance. Yoongi knew almost nothing about Jungkook's internship and he assumed it was due to it being confidential, but it was out of character for Jungkook to tell Yoongi absolutely nothing about something he was so proud of.

When you grew up knowing everything about a person due to the trust you have with each other, you start to feel like you did something wrong when something was suddenly a secret. At least, that was Yoongi's logic. He tried to rationalize it and make himself believe he wasn't obligated to know everything about Jungkook's life, but it still hurt to be left in the dark.

Maybe Yoongi would be able to look past it when Jungkook finally followed through on his promise to stay involved in the Gazette, or even hung out with Yoongi, Taehyung and Jimin when it wasn't an obligation during school hours. Yoongi promised himself he would be patient, but that patience was beginning to run thin.

He tried to put the thought in the back of his head for now, and instead focus on the meeting taking place. Mr. Kim had entered the classroom used for the Gazette meetings, holding a fairly large cup of tea and a stack of essays. "I trust you four- wait, three. Jungkook isn't here again?"

"No, he has his internship."

"Ah, Kim Namjoon stealing away my students all the time. One day I ought to steal his employees as revenge. As I was saying, I trust you three know what you're doing? I have more essay's than I would care to mark, so if you don't mind, I'll be over here."

Seokjin turned around to walk towards the front desk, but turned back around to face Yoongi, "Your article was great by the way, I wouldn't change anything and I think the topic of Spider-man will get a broader audience. Maybe, if any of you are up for it. You could try and get some pictures to go along with it, it could be a front page spread."

"F-front page? Thank you sir." Yoongi was trying his best to not make it obvious that his jaw was dropped, but he was pretty sure he was failing. To Yoongi, his article was mediocre at best, but he wouldn't question it.

"You deserve it. Now, keep doing what you're doing."

Yoongi smiled to himself, before turning back to his friends. "Okay, so pictures of Spider-man. How are we going to manage that?"

"That is a very good question, I mean he's out all the time, I'm sure one of us can snap a picture at some point. The news always manage to record him, we can too." Taehyung says, Jimin nodding along in agreement.

"Okay. But, he could be anywhere in Queens. We have to be in the right place at the right time."

"Well, we can walk around in different areas and hope for the best. If you hear a lot of screaming or something, I'm sure that would be a direction to look into."

"So, walk into danger and we're probably in the right place. Sounds like a good plan based on bad decisions. Let's do it."

-

Jungkook had decided to stop by Kim Tower, the giant building in the middle of Brooklyn where Namjoon lived. He needed advice, mainly on Yoongi. He didn't know exactly what to ask, but he was going to figure it out as he went along. Namjoon could usually read between the lines.

He couldn't shake the look of disappointment Yoongi had given him before he left out of his mind. Jungkook felt guilty for leaving after he saw how upset Yoongi was, he should have stayed. It was for a half an hour, why couldn't he have just stayed? Why did he find it so difficult to balance out being Spider-man and hanging out with the friends he wouldn't see as often once this year was over? It was like there was this pull in him to spend all his time as Spider-man, like he could do so much more with his powers than he could spending more time at school.

A thought that made him feel like an absolute dick. One day karma was going to come out of nowhere and kick him in the ass, and karma looked a lot like Min Yoongi.

Hey Mr. Kim, so Yoongi is my best friend and I may or may not have a tiny crush on him because I get these weird butterfly feelings and stare at him a lot but not in a creepy way and I'm pretty sure he might start hating me because I'm busy being Spider-man, but I also don't want him to be in danger so please help me with providing a solution that isn't just 'time management' because apparently I don't know how to do that. Oh, he's also writing about me in the school's Gazette, should I be worried? Thanks in advance.

Jungkook sighed, leaning his head against the wall of the elevator that was currently taking him up to the top floor of Kim Tower. He knew he sounded ridiculous, and that the answer was right there in front of him, and yet he still couldn't bring himself to accept it. He needed someone else to push him in the direction he already knew he needed to go.

The elevator dinged signalling that Jungkook had reached his designated floor, and as the door opened he stepped out and immediately saw Namjoon working on something. It currently looked like a pile of metal, but he knew it would end up being revolutionary whenever it was done, Namjoon never did anything less. Which still made Jungkook wonder why he ever took an interest in Spider-man, but he wouldn't complain.

"Hi Mr. Kim." Jungkook says while walking over to Namjoon, who currently looked like he was too zoned into his work to notice Jungkook was in front of him. "H-ello, Mr. Kim." Jungkook says louder but to no avail.

Well, this is awkward. Maybe if I just stand here he'll eventually notice.

It took Namjoon approximately 10 minutes of mumbling to himself and working on his next project to notice the boy standing in front of him. He jumps slightly, "Jungkook? How long have you been standing there?"

"About 10 minutes. I called your name when I got here but you were busy so I didn't want to interrupt."

"Ah. Okay, well, may I ask why you've been standing here for 10 minutes?"

"I'm in need of advice, I guess. I don't know it's probably stupid anyway, not worth your time I should go." Jungkook always found himself rambling in front of Namjoon. Mainly because this was his idol and now his mentor. He knew how busy he was and how important his work was. Why did he think asking him for friend, and crush, advice was a good idea?

"If you thought standing there for 10 minutes was worth asking me, shoot me your problem. It's clearly important to you."

"Um, okay. Well, I have this friend."

"Is it Yoongi?"

"Uh, yeah. How'd you know?"

"Jungkook he somehow comes up in every conversation we end up having I think I know his life story more than yours."

"Wow okay, that's embarrassing. Anyway, I think he's getting frustrated with me and the whole being too busy with the 'internship' to hang out like we used to and not participating in the Gazette like I used to. I know I'm basically solving my own problem here and I can balance it out, but I think I like being Spider-man too much and want to dedicate all my time to that."

"You found something to be proud of, of course you'd want to dedicate your time to it. But, your friends are important too."

"I know. But, I also know I don't want them knowing who I am because if they end up getting hurt because of me I'll never forgive myself. Yoongi is too important, Taehyung and Jimin too. I can't tell them who I am, but I also don't want to lie about what I'm actually doing."

"Do you trust your friends? Keeping your identity a secret for the sake of their safety is important, but if you trust them enough a huge weight can be lifted off your shoulders since they would understand. But, it's entirely your decision, I can't make that choice for you."

This advice was both helpful and also made Jungkook more confused of what to do. He had thought about telling Yoongi the truth, he knew everything else. But, was he ready to tell someone this big of a secret. The risk was big in both telling Yoongi the truth and keeping it a secret and having Yoongi hate him. Maybe it was just his heightened senses making him overthink the situation.

"Okay, thank you. I still don't know what to do, but this was helpful."

"Whatever you choose, you'll make the right decision, kid. Don't worry too much. If Yoongi cares about you as much as I think he does and vice versa, you'll work it out. Now, is there anything else? Or are you going to go do your Spidey things."

"Spidey things. Thank you Mr. Kim."

Namjoon smiled at Jungkook before going back to his work, leaving Jungkook to do his own thing and also leaving him with double the thoughts he walked into the building with. For now he was going to go do what made him happy and leave the decision making for tomorrow. He had criminals to stop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 394 12
Yoongi never imagined himself being in a relationship until he's questioned by an Interviewer about it. He then starts to wonder why the thought neve...
47.1K 1.8K 24
Jimin finds who he lost years ago. His crush, lover, best friend, his favorite person ever. But, some things changed.. Yoongi isn't 'Yoongi' anymore...
13.8K 430 28
Abandoned by his parents and raised by his hyung Min Yoongi, college student Jeon Jungkook is trying to sort out who he is and exactly what his feeli...
281K 13.9K 28
In which Jimin gains a new ability to read minds when he wants. And whenever he is around his co worker, Min Yoongi, all he can hear in his mind are...