A Holistic Adventure [DGHDA]

By timeladyjamie

Amity Pierce joins in on the Holistic adventures with the eccentric detective Dirk Gently and her college fri... More

Horizons - Part 1
Horizons - Part 2
Horizons - Part 3
Lost and Found - Part 1
Lost and Found - Part 3
Rogue Wall Enthusiasts
Watkin
Very Erectus
Fix Everything
Weaponized Soul
Two Sane Guys and One Chick Doing Normal Things
Season 2: The War Within Blackwing
Season 2: Fans of Wet Circles
Season 2: Two Broken Fingers

Lost and Found - Part 2

222 6 0
By timeladyjamie

Author's Note: Follow me on my Tumblr blog for my stories where I'm making manips, posting updates on stories and much more. Username: musesandstories.

I just posted the cover I made for this story on there and a promo I did with all the characters + Amity for Season 1.

All the plots and such of Season 1 are from the creative mind of Max Landis. All I own is everything to do with Amity. :)

Now back to our regularly scheduled Holistic adventures.

______________________________

A Holistic Adventure

BBCA Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Lost and Found - Part 2

Todd's body is half leaned out of the shower, reaching desperately for the window. It was quite a sad sight to see. He had tried over and over again with no luck.

Dirk sighed, trying to encourage him. "Come on Todd, third time's the charm. You can do it!"

Just when it looked like him might get lucky, Todd stumbled, nearly falling and banging a dirty dusty unused rack of toiletries, which he frantically tried to keep still to avoid making noise.

"Damn, I knew you couldn't do it!" Dirk said, bitting his lip disappointedly. This caused Amity to elbow him hard, making the detective clutch his side.

"Really?" Todd whispered, annoyed at him.

"This is all my fault." Dirk looked down, apologetic. "Look, I- okay, I need to tell you, I'm sorry about what I did before. With the lottery ticket. I think it was, in sight of hind, fairly...messed up."

"You don't say?" Amity remarked sarcastically to him.

Todd began to frantically reach for the window again, the shower curtain starting to make it's loud creaking noise. Todd shakes his head, frustrated, and almost slips in the little bit of water still in the tub. Amity saw this was going nowhere and if she had to sit here any longer with Dirk, she was going to lose it herself.

Todd sighed, taking a deep breath, and began to reach for the window. Dirk turns to notice Lydia has entered the bathroom, and is staring at them. She begins pawing at the curtain. In that moment, Gordon walked by, talking on his cell phone again.

"It'll be beautiful, you'll see. This is a speed bump. It's a big speed bump, but keep in mind, technically, we're winning." He paused. "We'll kill them, of course."

Dirk, hearing this, makes an alarmed face and swats at Lydia, grabbing the ball out of her mouth. He hurls the ball out the doorway. Amity elbows him again for doing such a foolish move, but Gordon didn't even notice it. The ball bounced, overturning some candles onto a stack of old magazines.

"Go get it! Go!" Dirk whispered, brushing the girl dog away.

Todd, trying to focus, again reaches for the window the latch. It's a little more open now. But Lydia returned again, excitedly running in place and barking.

"No! Go away!" Dirk told her.

Lydia snapped at him, startling Dirk, and she begins to tug the curtain- when the corgi appears, bitting at Lydia's ankles. Lydia turns, loudly snarling at the dog. This alerted Gordon Rimmer.

"Rapunzel! What the hell are you doing in there?" He shouted from another room.

Todd began to reach for the window again, but his cell phone began ringing. Amity face palmed and the two guys began to panic. Gordon heard the cell phone going off from the bathroom, making his way over.

"You didn't silence your cell phone!?" Dirk screamed at him.

Amity looked to the window as it bursted open. "Go! Go! Go!" She told the two guys, practically starting to shove them out of it.

Todd, no longer trying to be quiet, shoves the window open, bounds out of the shower, tearing the shower curtain with him, and presses off the toilet, tumbling out of the window. Dirk stumbles after him with Amity pushing him from behind.

Gordon Rimmer appeared in the doorframe, seeing Dirk and Amity, his eyes go wide with recognition. "You two!" He yelled.

"Me! Us!" Dirk glanced to Amity, seeing her give him the same confused look. "Wait, do we know you?" He asked, intrigued.

Gordon Rimmer began to shove Lydia roughly out of the way, raising his revolver.

"SHIT!" Both Dirk and Amity said at the same time.

Dirk fringed a handful of business cards from his jacket into Gordon's face. "FWHAA!" Amity slammed the door as Dirk pumped his fist in the air.

"Come on you dork." Amity quickly grabbed Dirk's hand, and they hurried through the window. In that moment two shots blast through the door.

Gordon kicked in the door to see Dirk falling out of the window. He turned back to see his entire living room has caught on fire.

____________________________

Todd was waiting for Amity and Dirk, getting worried that he hadn't seen them yet. His cell phone was still ringing and he was wrapped in the shower curtain. But on the gunshots, he turned and ran, sprinting up the sidewalk. Poor Amity, he hoped she was okay. He knew she could take care of herself, but he shouldn't have ran away like that. He was a coward.

Amity ran up to him, making him jolt, but when he realized it was her, he took her into a well need embrace. "Oh, God, you're okay. I- I was getting worried."

Amity chuckled, pulling back from the hug. "You know me Todd, I can survive anything."

Dirk appeared behind them, also running, holding the corgi in his arms. Before they even had time to process it, more gunshots were heard and Todd's phone was still ringing. They began to take off, making it into the alleyway.

Todd, completely exhausted, falls against a wall. Amity comes up against him, not completely out of breath and notices Dirk is no longer with them. His phone has stopped ringing.

"Damn, I missed Amanda's call." Todd said, showing Amity.

She pulled out her phone, which was on silent and noticed she missed a call from her as well. "I'll text her and see whats up."

"I'm calling 911." Todd said, dialing the numbers, but his finger hovered over send.

"Got the dog." Dirk said, appearing and startling Todd and Amity.

"What!? Why!?" Todd yelled, looking confused at the detective.

"The dog's important." Amity suddenly said, making Dirk look at her with raised eyebrows as to how she knew what he was going to say again.

"How'd-" Dirk shook his head, sitting the dog down. "Lot's of animals in this case are important it seems. The dog, the shark, the kitten-"

"What kitten?" Todd asked, not before realizing what he meant. "Wait, screw that, never mind, how did you even hear about the shark?"

Dirk suddenly seems surprised. "Mm? What are you talking about?" Amity glared at him.

"In the bushes, HOURS AGO, before we were trapped in that guy's house, you said Michael Spring was killed by a shark."

Dirk smiled to him, impressed. "You've got a great memory."

"How did you know about the shark? The hotel room?"

"I didn't know about that."

Todd hit him with a look and Amity stepped in front of Dirk again, glaring him down. "Seriously!?" She shouted at him. "I've had enough of your games, we almost got killed in there. Start talking!"

Dirk looked to her nervous. "Oh, I had a friend, a friend at the crime scene."

"A friend at the crime scene?" Todd asked, disbelief in his tone of voice. Dirk nodded. "No, never mind, NEVER MIND- I did my duty, I helped you- steal a dog-"

"ISH!" Dirk said, loudly stating. "You did your duty-ish! You didn't even do a full half of a duty, you lazy man, Todd! Amity did more than you, she actually saved me at the last minute." He smiled to her, hoping it would change her mind, but the woman began to crack her knuckles at him.

Todd sighed, frustrated. "You TRICKED me into breaking into a house with you."

"You could've waited outside."

"Someone SHOT AT US."

"Hey, he only shot at me." Dirk started, but got interrupted by Amity.

"And me to. How did he know us Dirk, huh?" Amity began questioning him, somewhere deep in her gut knowing the answer.

"I don't know, I'm just a surprised as you." Dirk paused for a minute before continuing on. "Let's not forget that house was even more mysterious and we learned about that rock star, Lux Dujor-"

"When did we learn about that?" Todd asked.

Dirk continued on, starting things as he went, trying to keep them with him. "And this man "Gordon," it's all very suspicious. He called the human Lydia, Rapunzel, ergo, vis a vis, I forward a theory!"

Dirk kneeled down to the dog. "Are you Lydia Spring?"

The dog barked.

"You are?" Dirk gasped.

The dog barked twice.

Todd groaned and Amity just gave Dirk a ludicrous look. Yep, they were definitely with a mad man. That was now confirmed.

"Todd, you wanna go home and leave the crazy British man?" Amity whispered to her friend.

Todd sighed, leaning towards her. "I want to go home, but I know he's just going to be there now. So its like-"

Dirk stood up, not noticing the conversation they were having and spoke again. "What we're dealing with here appears to be a criminal, or perhaps a group, that specializes in hypnotizing humans into believing they're specific dogs and hypnotizing dogs into believing they're specific humans-"

Amity held her hands up, indicating him to stop. She had finally reached her limits with this and could see Todd has as well. "No, what we have here is a crazy man talking to a dog and trying to build himself a case that just isn't going to be real. You need to look at the reality of the situation. That Gordon guy kidnapped a young girl and is probably forcing her to act like a dog." She began to walk towards him, raising her voice, causing him to walk back to avoid her. "Instead of playing detective with crazy hunches, you need to call the police and save that damn girl!"

Dirk looked silent, not knowing what to do. He still believed there was more to this than met the eye.

Todd sighed. "I just want to go cash in my lottery ticket and call my sister back and-"

"What could Michael Spring have done to anger an evil enclave of uncommonly specific dog hypnotists?" Dirk began to ponder out loud again, causing Amity to lose it.

"They're not dog hypnotists." Both Amity and Todd said.

"Ah! You're about to forward a theory, excellent! I'm listening!" Dirk said, happily awaiting what they had to say.

"No, we're not."

Dirk looked sad, giving them a desperate look. The look said If you're not with me on this one, no one is. Amity knew that look all too well. It actually made her have sympathy for the guy for the first time, calming herself down a little.

"Please..." He begged.

Todd began to turn, walking away.

Amity looked between them, glancing hesitantly towards Dirk. "Amity, please..." Dirk spoke to her softly, begging. "Don't act tough on this one, you know what I'm talking about."

She looked at him with raised brows, wondering how he could see through her again. The woman hesitated, debating what to do. She had to act tough, it's how she had survived this long. Amity had to keep up the facade of only coming her because Todd did, not only because she was also interested to learn more.

"You're still wearing the shower curtain!" Dirk yelled out to Todd.

Todd flinged it off, and kicked it. Dirk gave a hurt look, that curtain represented their adventure and their entire friendship. It is a shower curtain rife with pathos.

"Oh, don't kick it! Todd!"

Todd continued walking away. Amity in that moment made up her mind, and turned to follow after her friend. Dirk's blasé manner cracks oddly. Again, we see an odd, sincere, vaguely desperate young man peek through. He followed after them, not giving up.

"Hey, you think I like this?" Todd and Amity stopped, looking back to the detective. "I just follow the clues, as they come to me. And they always come to me. You think I want to get trapped in some lunatic's shower?"

Todd looked intrigued and somewhat weirded out. "Isn't this your job? You're a detective, don't you-"

Dirk continued on. "Because I'm trying to do the right thing, don't you see? It's always...All these horrible things and I get dragged right up next to them."

"I don't understand, couldn't you just- I mean you could just walk away, take whatever money Spring paid you and-"

Dirk looked sad, desperate to explain. "No its...The world will lead me where I need to go. I'm a- a leaf in the stream of creation, right up until I find whoever or whatever killed Michael Spring. And then it'll just take me somewhere new."

Todd rolled his eyes. "Then what's with all your talk about ""Taking control of your life?""

"Just because you know you're playing a game doesn't mean you don't choose your moves." Dirk replied.

His words hit home for Amity, making her look at the detective with her mouth slightly open. Todd on the other hand just shook his head, frustrated with Dirk's fast talking cool dialogue.

Dirk opens up into total honesty. "The cases I end up on: if I don't solve them, no one does. They're unusual. They're dangerous. We can't just leave her there." He looked to Amity, letting her know he heard her words about saving Lydia. For the first time Amity gave him a warm smile, causing Dirk to look taken back by it. He then smiled back at her, happy he got to her to do.

Todd groaned, noticing how they were looking at each other. He was almost shocked. Amity gave Dirk a smile. She was smiling at him. WHY?! Damn it.

Dirk's cell phone began to beep, and he looked it out, looking at it. He looked shocked, then concerned, then a shrewed knowing look up at both Amity and Todd. "Oh dear, the message says 'We have your friend.' And then a picture of a woman. Hm, not my friend."

"Who is it from?" Todd asked.

"Gordon Rimmer." Amity guessed. Dirk nodded.

"How does he have your number?" Todd asked again, confused.

"I gave him my cards."

"You gave him your cards?"

"No, my cards, all of them. Poor choice of weapon. I do a lot of things and then later I'm like, uh." Dirk shrugged. Todd grabbed away the phone, looking at it himself. Amity leaned in to look as well. "You two don't happen to know this woman, do you?"

"Nope." Amity answered.

Todd recognized her when she knocked in his door a couple nights ago. She seemed panic and in a hurry, but he didn't let her in. The phone buzzed again, starling Todd. The text read: "GIVE US THE DOG OR WE WILL KILL HER. EASTGATE BRIDGE. MIDNIGHT." Todd, realizing in someway this is his fault, looked up in horror.

Dirk smiled, tapping the phone excitedly. "Ah, see! I told you the dog was important!"

"I'll give you that then." Amity replied, smiling to him.

His words about being a leaf in the stream of creation still played over in her head. Somehow he could see through her and notice she was keeping up a tough facade. How was that possible?

And that supposed kiss she gave him, how did that happen? Amity had a familiar feeling come over here, making the cold feeling go down her back. It all had to be connected. All the secret little hidden messages between them told her.

Somehow she knew Dirk and he knew her. Somehow, they were connected. Amity shook it off, trying to think nothing more of it.

After all, everything is connected somehow in someway.

TBC in the next chapter. It should be out this weekend or next week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 938 31
When the prospect of something new, but forbidden is presented, will Amanda follow her head or her heart even though her heart could lead to danger...
292 66 33
Elaine gets a job at a cutting-edge research facility, and she cannot wait to participate in their research to find a cure for cancer. But what if th...
833 149 32
All her life Khloe Jenkins took her humanity for granted. An unexpected death has her seeking out her close friend. She discovers from her friend abo...
207 57 62
A girl named Carolina is about to start high school with her best friend. However she soon discovers that her life may not be what she thought, or i...