Black Roses Red

By heretoservehim

"Can I ask you a question please? Promise you won't laugh at me Honestly, I'm standing here afraid I'll be b... More

(2) Black Roses Red
Black Roses Red Chapter 3

Black Roses Red

1.6K 25 9
By heretoservehim

Patches of green and black flashed by me as I sprinted through the rough wet forest. My golden locket bounced on and off my damp neck. Rage was pulsing through my veins when the thought of my family just dying in a car crash hours before. Most people would be crying they're eyes out and being comforted by others, but me. Amy Feardirge threw on running clothes and hit the trail outside my house in the damp green woods of Seattle , Washington. Most people lived in the city of Seattle where as my family made a rash decision to live out in the middle of no where in the woods. To get away from the people, traffic and none sense the worlds come to and live in bliss with nature. Or at least that's the bull shit they wanted me to believe. And now when they're gone I realize how gratefully I am that they picked the middle of nowhere to live. A place where I got only an ounce of pity when I found out my family died. The only thing I had in life, was ever them and now they were stolen from me. Rain was still pouring down like the lost souls of my family crying down on my worn out body. The trees and leafs flew past me as my legs pumped me faster and further into the depth of the woods. Further and further away from reality. Away from the pain that stung inside of me. Silent tears fell from my eyes, but I refused to accept the weakness showing on the outside. My damp black hair hit my back with each pound of my foot on the damp floor of the woods. The skies began turning a deep dark blue as more storm clouds rushed over me. More rain tumbling down and forming puddles under my feet. My ragged breathing was the only thing blocking the sounds of thunder threatening me to take cover or die. But at this point, death didn't look so bad. My vision was blurry by the sheets of rain hitting me and the tears that were consuming my line of vision.

Before I could tell myself to stop my anger sprint I ran into something hard and solid. Cold limbs caught my wrist before I almost came one with the dirt floor. I thought my arm was stuck in tree vein or perhaps I hit a tree, I didn't know till I stood fully up and cleared the tears and water droplets in my eyes. I could see outline of a body that was very tall and bulky. I stepped under the tree he was standing under to protect us from the rain, and it was then that I got a good look at the man. The man reminds me of a billowing sandstorm. His body is noteably athletic. He has clean royal, volume hair the color of the darkest black known to man. His slitted eyes are the exact color of ripe plums. He has a strong chin and long-fingered hands. There was not doubt that he was gorgeous, that he had any girl bowing at his feet. The statue of how he held himself was obvious that he came from a well pronounced family of royalty. But of whom? Surely he was not from around here, so where was this mysterious dangerous man belong?

" Hello." He said in a voice of satin enveloping around me, but also had a slight edge of roughness and danger present.

"Hello." I said just as formal as he. He stared at me for a few moments before speaking.

" May I ask why you are out in this weather running?" he asked while taking another step forward. My first reaction was to step back, but once he was in front of me there was no use of going anywhere.

" Clearing my mind." I responded and wiped a droplet off my cheek. Im sure by now my dark make-up was running down my wet face and I looked like I just got out of the shower.

" Do you mind me asking what you are doing on my property?" He asked in the same formal tone. I cocked my head to the side and repeated his sentence in my head. His property?

" Oh Im sorry, I didn't know these woods belong to any one." I responded and took a step back. " Ill leave right away." I said while starting to turn but his fast hand stopped me from moving any further. I looked to where he was holding and discovered he had a firm grip on my shoulder and was turning me towards him.

" Im sorry I didn't catch your name." He said while looking at the locket on my neck. His face contorted into a look of concentration and confusion. He looked as if he was trying to figure out a complicated problem.

" Amy."

" Amy." He spoke slowly and looked back up and into my eyes. " And do you have a last name Amy?" He said while taking the locket gently and examining it in between his fingers. I had a great urge to pull away and make a run for it but something about him made me stay still and trying to keep my breathing under control. " Feardirge, Amy Feardige." I said in the most even tone I could manage. His head shot up and his deep plum eyes bored into mine. He looked at me intently before pulling back and letting the locket drop onto my neck.

" Well Amy, Im Xaniv Blackblood." He said while still staring at me intently. By now my skin was crawling and I felt my conscience telling me to run and never look back. I nodded and started retreating back. " Ill just be on my way, nice meeting you." I said while gulping and about to sprint.

" Amy?" he said while still staring at me.

" Yes?" I asked reluctantly.

" Would you like to stay with me? It's terrible cold out and it doesn't look like the rain will be letting up for a while." He said while offering his hand for me to take. I stared at it for a moment before slipping my small cold one into his ice cold one and fallowing him out of the drenched forest. He led us threw the woods easily and found an opening that led to a field ahead. Once we were safely out of the forest I dropped his hand and stared at the seen before me. A farely large mansion stood in the distance and looked old but had been worked on over the years. Oak trees surrounded the mansion covering my view from much but just enough for me to see the outline of the beautiful place. I looked over at Xaniv and saw him staring at me intently.

" Shall we?" He asked while offering his hand again. I nodded and slipped my hand back in his. He held it with respect and gentleness while leading us closer towards the house. The rain and thunder picked up and flashes of lightening started to form around us. Out of reflex I squeezed Xaniv's hand. He looked over at me curiously before picking up the pace we were walking until we were at the side door of the mansion. Once he unlocked the door he held it open for me to step in and closed it tightly behind him. The room we were in looked like a lounge room with an oval opening leading towards a white long couch with black leather lounge chairs on both sides and two smaller dark red chairs in front of the glass table in the middle. The back wall was pure dark cheery wood. The room had very little light and only had to small reading lamps on each side tables. Long thick black curtains were pulled back on each side of the wide window on the side of the room. You could see the storm had grown worse from when we were out in it but I was happy I wasn't out running in it. Xaniv was leaning against the wall staring once again intently at me like I was a complicated problem he was trying to figure out. Once he caught me staring at him he gave me a small smile while gesturing with his head to fallow him. We were both soaking wet and dripping with water.

" here we are." Xaniv said once we were stopped outside of a door on the second floor. The whole house consists of dark furniture and dark cheery wood. I was flabbergasted by the beauty of it but also wary of how it made me feel. I couldn't shake off the feeling that this place had an evil aura. Once he had the door open once again another dark room with cherry wood furniture greeted us. A large bed was set on the center wall with dark brown and black comforter and black sheer curtains surrounding the whole dark wood bed. Dark dressers and desk were placed perfectly along the whole large room and a foreign writing was painted on the wall across from us.

"Moartea nu este sfârşitul?" I asked turning to Xaniv.

" Death is never the end." He said translating it.

" What is it written in?" I asked while walking around the room and taking in my surroundings.

" Romanian." He said simply while walking up to a door and opening it to revel a nice bathroom with a big tub and dark tiled open shower. More dark, im starting to feel depressed, like my familys death is finally getting to me. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I quickly swiped it away before Xaniv saw.

" So I figured you'd like a shower and fresh clothes. Ill have Fena my maid bring you some fresh clothes up." He said with a smile while walking towards the door.

" Thank you." I said while starting to take off my soaked shoes.

" My pleasure, I will see you later. Amy." He said formally before turning to the door and leaving me to a shower. I instantly stripped of my wet clothes and threw them over the side of the tub to dry and stood in the shower under the hot water that started once you stepped in. Warm spread across my chilly body. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the relaxation of it. It felt odd standing in a strangers shower and it being an open shower with no doors, but I was so tired from all of today's events to protest and feel embarrassed. I quickly washed my body and hair with foreign products and stepped out while wrapping myself in a dark brown fluffy towel. I washed my face to rid of any make up that may have washed down my face in the past 3 hours and ran my fingers threw my hair to get some of the tangles out. My eyes felt sore and blood shot as I looked at my blank expression in the mirror. I looked at my pale face, dark hair surrounding the dead looking figure. I closed my eyes to prevent from crying and morning. They were gone and I was left alone in this world. Once I was certain I wouldn't break down in front of anyone I walked out of the bathroom and saw clothes lying on the bed. A black satin night gown was folded neatly at the end of the bed with a pair of matching satin underwear. I slipped on the under wear and looked around for a bar only to discover, there was none. Im not one to complain so I slipped on the tight nicely fit night gown that came up a little higher than mid thigh, before sitting on the bed cross legged and towel dried my hair. After my hair wasn't dripping and was semi dry with light waves, I got off the bed and hung up the towel before going to the curtains and opening the thick heavy black material and revealing a nice look over a court yard with stone statues. The rain was still pouring and hitting at the window violently. I lent against the wall and watched the rain and dark sky. Tears dropped down as more memories of my family filtered my mind. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and a fully dressed Xaniv walked in. I gave him a small smile and turning back to the window. I heard the door close and Xaniv walking to the other side of the window and leant against it watching me. I cleared my eyes of any tears and turned towards him.

" Would you like to join me for tea?" Xaniv asked after a few moments of us staring at each other. I nodded and took his out reached hand. We walked down the stairs and into a library were fresh cups of hot tea were set up. We took seats by the window on the window seat. We sat in a comfortable silence until xaniv cleared his throat. I brought my eyes up to his and blink.

" Yes?" I asked once he kept staring at me.

" So why were you really running earlier? You looked like you were killing yourself." He said in all seriousness and kept staring at me.

" You were watching me?" I questioned shocked. He looked at me before dropping his gaze to his full cup of tea and crinkling his forehead.

" Its common to watch a gorgeous girl as yourself run when they're on your property." He said with a royal smile. I chuckled lightly and looked back out the window.

" Amy, I actually need to talk to you about something." He said in an all serious tone with no sign of joking or kindness. The change in his tone scared me but I managed to mask it and sit up straighter. He looked up with serious eyes so I nodded for him to continue.

" Where did you get that locket?"

My hand automatically went up to the long locket around my neck and clutched it.

" My great grandparents gave it to me as a gift. Why?" I asked curious to where this conversation was heading.

" Do you remember their names?" He asked while setting his tea down on the table next to us and walking over to a book shelve. I watched him cautiously while answering his question.

" I think it was Alestir and Hencess Feardirge. Why?" He nodded his head and pulled out an ancient looking book before walking back over to me and sitting right in front of me. The book looked like it had a thick coat of dust on it and hasn't been touched in ages. Carefully Xaniv opened the book and skimmed a few pages before stopping on one page and handing it to me.

" what?" I asked and glanced at the page and back at him confused. I looked closely at the page and saw the locket my Grandparents gave me etched into the page in front of me. I unclipped the necklace from my neck and held the bulk of it in my palm looking at it and the page. Not one thing was missing form the picture, it was an exact drawing of my necklace. I snapped my head up to Xaniv's

" What is this?" I asked.

" I was very close with them. By them I mean your great grandparents." He said while taking the book back from me and closing it.

" What do you mean you were close with them? Your like 21, they died when I was 2." I asked confused. " you know what never mind. Why is my locket in that book?" I demanded. He sighed before throwing the book to the ground and looking up at me.

" Your grandparents and my grandparents meet long ago. And made a plan for the kingdom."He said slowly.

" What Kingdom?" I asked even more confused than when we first started our conversation.

" Kingdom of masks."

" What?!"

" Kingdom of Masks." He repeated.

" Okay and this has to do with me and my locket how?"

" Your part of the plan." He said slowly making sure every word was said slow enough for me. I felt my eyes nearly bulge out of my eye sockets.

" What do you mean im part of this plan! Im not even royalty!" I screeched while standing up and placing my cup on the table before turning to him with my hands on my hip.

"You're a descendent of royalty. You see your part of the family went into hiding for your sake." He said while standing up and standing right in front of me.

" For my sake? What are you talking about." I said while stepping back. The rain seemed to pick up during our conversation almost like it was controlled by my emotions.

" Here." He said while handing me the book of the ground. " Just read this and youll understand it all." I sighed and grabbed the book from his hand.

" Theres more." He said while sitting down and putting his head in his hands. He looked so vulnerable yet still dangerous.

" What now?" I groaned.

" You have to stay here." He said while looking up.

" What do you mean stay here? Like for a few days or what?" I asked confused.

" Just dont leave the house okay?" He asked. I sighed and nodded before walking out the door and towards the room he showed me earlier. I plopped down on my bed onto my stomach and opened the book and began reading. I only stopped a few times to eat the food the maids brought in or to use the bathroom, but I was literally glued to the bed reading this mysterious book. Somewhere between 3 or 4 am I fell asleep with the book on my face. When I woke up I had a major head ache and the curtains were closed so the room was pitch black. I sighed and flopped back onto the bed. Once I was fed up with just lying there I turned the lamp on and began reading where I left off. Once I was to the part that contained me I was furious. I kept reading and was entirely confused and slightly irritated. I closed the book and barge out of my room. I walked to the library where I knew Xaniv would be and saw him sitting in a chair reading a book. I stomped in front of him and threw the book at him. It landed square on his chest and he looked up with menace eyes.

" There is no way in hell I'm marrying you! I don't care if its to save the fucking Kingdom I will not marry you." I screamed. He looked up in shock before anger took over him.

" You don't have a choice Amy."

" No, you don't get to tell me what is and what isn't my choice Xaniv! This is my life, not yours. I didn't sign onto a contract to be a fricken princess!"

" This was decided a long time ago Amy. Your lifes been decided for you."

" No Xaniv! My life is not some prophecy! Alright." I yelled while throwing my locket at him and starting towards the door. " find another Princesss for this nightmare!" I said while almost out the door. Then out of nowhere Xaniv pushed me against the wall and growled at me.

" Amy, this is your life now! You will marry me and you will be the princess of this kingdom!" he seethed while glaring at me. I tried to wiggle out of his death grip but found it impossible.

" No Xaniv I wont!" I hissed.

" You will Amy! Its final!" he growled and pushed away from me.

" So what? Im just suppose to live here the rest of my life? Marry a man I don't even love!" I screamed while hitting the wall in front of me.

" Yes." He said finalizing it and walking down the stairs.

I screamed in frustration down the long hallway, it echoed till it hit the far end wall and I was enveloped in silence. I slide down the wall as a tear ran down my cheek. What now, am I suppose to stay here locked up as a prisoner. Never seeing the outside world again. No one has the right to take away my freedom, my life. Not even Xaniv. Thoughts of my family and their souls resting in peace didn't sound so bad right now, but the guilt of me making them go into hiding and not living the royal life they were born into ate me away. I don't know how anyone lives with suck guilt. A sudden stinging pain shot up the side of my right side. I gasped in shock and pain and clutched the side of my body. It felt as if some had lit my side on fire with matches and was holding it there. I rushed and lifted up the gown and saw the right side of my body was red. The red sting marks ran from the outside of the bottom of my right breast to the bottom of my hip bone. I bit my tongue to mumble my scream and clutched my side firmly before the pain subsided and faded away. Thoughts of what it could be ran through my mind, thoughts of allergies to the lotion I put on earlier to a skin eating disease. And right now that skin eating disease doesn't sound so bad to what my life it coming to. I stood up demanding answers, and slowly walked towards Xanivs room. I knocked quietly in case I changed my mind I could make a run for it. To my dismay the door slowly opened to reveal a tired looking Xaniv with his black button up open exposing his rock hard abs. His hair was sticking out everywhere, and was obvious that he was pulling on it in frustration.

" Yes Amy?" He asked in his formal voice.

"I want answers Xaniv." I said while pushing my way into the room. His room was similar to mine but had a tv and a huge fireplace that was lit, spreading warmth through out the room. He had to of had a whole library in here from what I could see. Every shelf on his two walls were filled with books with little dark shadow figures holding them up

" What kind of answers?" He asked while sitting in a chair that was placed by the fire place. I too took a seat in a seat similar to his across from his. I pulled my legs up so they were tucked perfectly into the chair and with a sigh met Xaniv's gaze.

"Like why my family had to go into hiding, why I have to save the kingdom whats wrong with it now? And The book said something about vampir prinţ, whats does that mean?" I rambled on Xaniv let out a low chuckle at my confusion and sat fully back in his chair and rested his forearms on the arm rests.

" Well, as for your family having to go into hiding, it's a very long story. Are you sure you want to get into tonight?"

I nodded and rested my head back against the cushioned chair.

"Very well." he said and began talking.

" It all started way back in the early 1800, your grandparents were The Rulers of Primal Ritual of Pain." He was about to continue but I interrupted.

" Primal Ritual of Pain?" I questioned.

" Yes, they had the power to inflict pain on humans or other species."

" Powers?" I asked confused. Small sections of the book popped into my mind of there being magical powers but I thought they were just myths. What else was out there if magic exists.

" Yes, much like witches or wizards your grandparents had a special gift of pain tolerance and control. This made them almost undefeatable by other royal families, such as mine. But this is where the contract comes in. Your uncle, I don't suppose you knew him, for saw you bring this kingdom back together. At the time no one knew what he was talking about until the early 1900 when the kingdom got taken over by my uncle Trace. Your uncle wrote down his vision and put it in that book." He said pointing to it. I nodded for him to continue.

" When my Uncle read the prophecy of you bringing the kingdom back together he sent a tracker out to kill you. This was when I'd say you were maybe a least 3. Your mother and Father were royalty also. They lived much like I did when they were in power. That was a long time ago but they resigned their royal life so you could be safe." He finished while looking up from the floor and gazing at me. I was staring at nothing in particular, just silent thoughts and screams echoing through my mind. Silent hot tears rolled down my cheek and fell onto the palms of my open hands that were holding the locket. I turned my gaze to the fire and wiped the fallen small tears away from my already sore face. I did my best to hide my tears from Xaniv, and to my surprise did it well.

" Once you were taken here, to Seattle, the tracker was oblivious to your where about's, and returned to the kingdom defeated. The kingdom has been under my uncles power for far too long and you are our only hope of saving it."

" How long has he been in power?" I whispered and kept my gaze on the fire.

" thousand years." He responded. I nodded and looked at the shimmering locket in my hand. " How am I to save the kingdom?" I questioned and slumped back in my chair still staring at the locket.

" You see our two families are the most powerful out of the 12 Kingdoms. My uncle inherited the power after my Father resigned to pass it down to me on my 21 birthday. However, my Uncle over threw the realms citizens and won the dukedom of Masks. By our two families combining in our power and royalty we can over throw my uncle." He explained with a deep sigh after words.

" How?" I questioned.

" How what?" He asked confused and rubbed the back of his neck, looking exhausted and worn out. Well I suppose when you meet the Princess your forced to marry you can get tried.

" How did you find me?" I whispered and clenched the locket in my hand.

" I must admit I was not expecting you so soon, but if I may say when I saw a beautiful girl such as yourself running her heart out across my property. I got curious to see who it was. But when I saw it was you and I spotted that locket around your neck. I knew I had found you."

" So what you were just going to lock me up in this place without even giving me the choice!" I debated.

" Its written in stone Amy. There is no way out of this. I hope you know, I am truly sorry that the choice was taken away from you." He apologized. His dark purple eyes softened into a light sparkle purple and I instantly spotted that it was not a lie he had just told me.

" But you did. You took me. You, this prophecy, made me give up my life without such as a goodbye to it. You practically stole it from me." I accused.

" That I did. But I also saved you from danger." He added while running his hand through his hair.

He took me away from my house, my things, my memories of my family without a care. What kind of evil monster would do that to a barely seventeen year old girl. And one that just lost her family at that. Her mom, her dad, her little brother. Her whole life.

" What danger?" I asked suddenly like a light bulb clicked in my head.

" The tracker, you turned 17 two weeks ago correct?" he questioned but had a knowing look on his face. I nodded. " When you turned 17 which is around the time you come into the prophecy, the king sent 2 more trackers out to find you. He knows his time is soon up."

" Oh, how did you know I just turned 17?"

" Your have a smell, When you turn 17 you get a special floral sent only recognized to our kind. That's how I knew you were the one."

" Okay,..... what do you mean your kind?" I asked confused again.

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly while staring intently at me. He seemed to be having an inner debate on whether to tell me or not. With a final decision he leant in and leant against his knees on his elbows.

" Vampires." He said in an even tone which added a scary edge to it. I felt my face freeze and stare at him in shock. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are vampires. I slowly got my composure back. I nodded and set the locket on the table by the ledge before slowly getting out of my chair.

" Where are you going?" He asked standing up too and setting his hands behind his back.

" Bed." I mumbled and walked numbly out of the room and into the chilly hallway towards my pitch black room

Once I was safely in my room I closed the door and was enveloped in utter silence and darkness. I shuffled my way towards what I hope was the bed and easily plopped down with my face in the comforter. My mind was screaming in utter rage and depression. Yelling about how messed up my life just became. One day, two major events and my lifes over. Theres no reason to live anymore. But I knew, my mom had plans for me. To go to college, start a family and make her a grandmother. But those were only her human ambitions. Her real ones were of secret Kingdom, Prophecies about me and my new profound life. I suppose in the 1800 they didn't care if you wanted a choice in who you married. If it was written, you fallowed it, if you disobey I can only imagine the terror they gave you. I was still un decided about my own thoughts of Xaniv, theres a part of me that thinks he has a good side, a warm smile and amazing un real body. And that's exactly what he is, unreal, un human, he is dead, he has no warm smile or good side. He had a stone heart that couldn't love me because it didn't beat. It just stayed still. Bored, and in a way. That's how I saw Xaniv. Boring, the same formal life style everyday. Had no real young adult experiences. As royalty of course, that's what they expected of him. To always be in order, to never be caught in a personal moment. A demanding lifestyle.

" I cant love him." I whispered to myself. Theres no way id allow myself to love someone as cold and distant as he. He may be a gentleman but from the little time iv known him. I know we will never have a good laugh, a real love. It will be all business, all formality. But what if that formality was forgotten? And he could possible open a small portion of his heart to let me warm.

To show him what real love is. Could it ever be a possibility. I guess iv come to the idea of, there's no way out of here. That I stuck and forced to live a royal life you read about in fairytales and books. Only mine is more like a dream. A dream of horror. A nightmare. My life being sucked away from me, one breathe at a time. I pulled the cover over my head and laid back on the warm fluffy pillows. Sleep soon found its way out of the darkness and so graciously stole me.

I woke up to a still black room and my body stiff and sore. I was vaguely aware of the stinging pain in my side but I was still half asleep that it was bearable. The whole run I took yesterday was turning around and biting me in the butt. I could barely feel my legs and arms. My ribs felt sore from being so extended. I could already tell today was going to be a bad day. I had that gut feeling. A small knock on my door brought me out of my pain zone. The door started opening and I instantly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. I was not up to see anyone. I heard the door click close and someone walking towards the bed. A light pressure at my feet made me aware that someone was sitting on the bed with me. The end of the comforter was being lifted and placed above my knees so my feet where now out in the open and were feeling cold. A small twitch raced into my mind to pull my legs up and cradle them to my chest. A cold hand wrapped around my left foot and lifted it from the bed. I felt the smooth cold hand moved up my foot before resting they're hand on my arch. The person groaned and I instantly knew it was a male by the deep grumble in his chest. But the real question was, why were they groaning? Their hand ran over the bottom of my foot and the sides. When I felt them go to my arch and feel the tightness I new they were upset by the sudden in take of their breath.

" Why, would you do this to yourself?" He questioned in a whispered talking to himself thinking I was asleep. I felt him drop that foot and lift the other while doing the same and still being disappointed by their groans.

They groaned and sat up from the bed and made their way to the side of the bed I was facing. I kept my eyes glued shut and my breathing slow. I felt them lean over and their sweet breath on my face.

" After all these years I wondered what you looked like, and you turn out to be beautiful." He whispered with a sigh. Their footsteps started retreating towards the door and when they opened it I peeked through my lashes to see who it was and saw Xaniv leaving my room discreetly.

Once the door was clicked close I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. What just happened? I questioned myself while lifting my gown and rubbing my thumb over the stinging areas. Whats going on with me. My mind was pounding from the sever headache I was blessed with. I sat up and pulled my feet and legs in so they were in a triangle in front of me and placed my hands on my feet over the thick comforter. I was in the process of stretching my back when the door creaked open and Xaniv came in with a small bottle in his hands. I gave him a blank stare when he shut the door quickly and quietly behind him and crept towards the bed, until he notice I was sitting up staring at him. His outline was all I could see but it was enough for me to almost jump out of bed and make a run for it. I could feel the intensity of his stare.

" I didn't know you were awake." He stated while stepping towards the bed and perching himself on the side by my feet.

" Yeah, I just got up." I lied

" Oh, well how do you feel?" He questioned while taking the lid of the tube in his hand.

"Sore, like crap." I admitted while plopping my head back down on the pillow.

" Im sorry to hear that. How are your feet?" he questioned while staring at me intently.

" My feet?" I questioned, confused. He nodded lightly. I scrunched my eye brows together in utter confusion and lifted the comforter so it was off of my legs and feet. Both feet were covered in blood blisters and were red.

" Oh..." I whispered and ran a finger over a huge blood blister.

" Yes, Im assuming they are from your run yesterday and the friction of your shoes." He commented before putting some cream on his hand and picking up my foot. He started rubbing it in and id be lying if I said it didn't feel like heaven against my sore feet. I watched him intently while he rubbed the cream into every placed on my foot possible and went up my ankles and massaged my calves. I find it a bit strange that a prince is rubbing cream on my feet and legs but it was a kind gesture, he must have felt me staring at him because he slowly brought his head up and met my eyes with a smile. He slowly lowered my foot and picked up the other one without breaking eye contact with me and started rubbing that one.

"What time is it?" I asked while cracking my toes in his hand. He looked shocked that my foot just cracked in his hand but continued massaging it.

" About 10 after 1." He said while moving to my calf

" Wow, why did you let me sleep so late?"

" You looked like you needed the sleep, and I knew your body would be killing you. Sleep help minimize pain." He explained while putting the lid back on the bottle and setting it on the bed side table.

" Thanks." I smiled feeling my feet go numb and not being able to feel the pain.

" My pleasure. Are you hungry?" he asked while standing up. I thought for a minute before nodding and slowly getting out of bed. My body cracked into place and I could barely feel anything in my body. Xaniv hissed before turning towards the door with me confused. I shrugged it off and fallowed him till we got to the dark kitchen.

" What would you like?" he asked while opening the fridge and stepping aside so I could see the large amounts off food. I looked for a moment before I decided on a banana and yogurt. I sat down on one of the stools and started eating while Xaniv got a coffee mug and sat next to me sipping on it. The uncomfortable silence continued on until I was done eating and looked over at Xaniv to find him doing paper work, ignoring me completely. I sighed and got up from my chair.

" ill see you later." I mumbled while walking back up to my room and plopping down on the bed.

Silent tears fell, I felt alone, depressed. I have nothing to live for. I didn't sign up to become the princess of some kingdom iv never heard of. I slowly walked towards the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The person staring back looked nothing like what a princess should look like. A princess should be beautiful elegant, graceful, have manners and respect. Not looking like a walking corpse and being glum over the lost of her family. But no one knew the pain I was in. Not Xaniv, not my family. My body begged for release. Some kind of distraction from the inner battles of my sadness, the constant screams of morning over my lost family.

I looked around the bathroom before finding a nail cutter with a knife tucked in the back. I slowly brought the blade out and looked at it in the light. The blade caught the reflection of the light and reflected it onto my face. I stared at it memorized and slowly brought it to my wrist. I slowly dragged it across the soft fresh skin that soon was covered in a thin lair of blood. The blood soon became thicker and I sat in the shower to keep it from getting on the tile. My eyes never left the open wound that kept burning, distracting me from the real pain inside. Slow tear drops hit my wrist making the blood watery and slowly drops of blood fell off my arm and onto the floor of the shower and I fallowed everyone of them with my eyes. A sudden bursting of my bedroom door brought me out of my state and I brought my eyes to the door in time to see an impossible fast Xaniv running into the room. Within seconds he was by my side and took my hand into his.

" What the hell amy?" He yelled while grabbing a towel and wrapping it tightly over my wrist.

" Its fine." I mumbled.

" What the hell do you mean it's fine. You just cut yourself!" He screamed at me while taking my other wrist in his hand to look for another cut. " I smelled it from all the way down stairs! What were you thinking?" He demanded. His normal plum eyes were completely black without a sign of the real Xaniv in sight. His normal pale smooth skin had grey veins surrounding his coal eyes. I shivered back into the corner of the shower and kept a good distance from Xaniv.

" Just go, its fine. I didn't cut deep enough to kill me. So just go!"

His face turned from angry to pissed within second, before he was crouching right in front of me.

" If you ever try to cut yourself again, I cant guarantee ill be able to control myself as I am now." He said in a low voice while his eyes bored hot holes into my forehead. " I will kill you." He hissed before looking at the bloody towel on my wrist, to me then was walking out of the room. His whole body was rigged and tense, and I mentally cursed myself for cutting myself in a vampires house. 'Moron' I screamed at myself while hitting my head against the wall. I slowly stood up feeling dizzy and washed my wrist off in the sink. The clean clear water turned a light shade of red before draining down the sink. I waited until the water turned back clear before I brought my wrist back out. I wrapped it up and ran to my bed crying.

For a week I spent the majority of my time in my room numb or curled up in a ball waiting for death of dehydration or starvation to take me. But to my dismay it never came. Xaniv's maid brought fresh clothes and food up everyday and left them in the dark room while I quieted my cries until she was out of hearing range. I haven't seen Xaniv sense the day I cut myself. I can only assume he is pissed beyond hell at me and didn't want to see my disgraceful face. Surprisingly I was okay with that, to be quite honest the way he looked that afternoon scared the shit out of me and I was afraid what would happen when he saw me next. The pain along my side was still there but was dull and numb. The area remained red and was beginning to make an outline of something but I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not so I just left it alone. When I finally got fed up with my room I put running clothes on and set off to find the gym in this hell hole. To my luck it was on my level and was only a little ways down the hall. I stopped in the door way and heard music going on in the inside. I quietly opened the door and poked my head in. Not a person was in sight so I stepped in. The room looked like an average workout room, like one you'd find at a hotel. A sauna room was in the left side of the room and the bathroom was across the rows of workout machines and weights. An indoor pool was seen through clear glass doors on the far walls. The only thing that made this place seem like Xanivs place was the dark velvet red walls. I sighed and made my way to the treadmill. I stretched my stiff muscles and my tight hamstring before stepping on the treadmill and starting off on a light jog. The music that was in the back round bored me so I grabbed the remote that was set on the treadmill and turned the channel until I found a song I liked and turned it till I was certain it would blow the speakers. I bumped the speed on the treadmill till I was in a full out sprint and nothing could get in my way. I pumped my legs to the words and speed of Evanescene going under. My body screamed in pain but I was determined to get all my frustration and anger out. Only a few times did tears slip from eyes at the thought of my family but they quickly dried. After an immensely long time of running I shut it off and collapsed on the squishy ground in exhaustion. The music suddenly stopped.

" Impressive." A voice spoke from the door way. I rolled my head back and saw Xaniv leaning against the wall by the sauna with a towel wrapped around his shoulders and his bare chest with glistening sweat drops.

" Sure." I mumbled and placed a hand on my burning side.

" Im serious, I have not ever seen someone run as fast and long as you. A human I mean." He spoke while making his way over to the mat I was lying on. He crouched down next to my sweaty body and looked at me.

" Yeah, talent of mine." I seethed while turning over onto my stomach and was about to push myself up. A pressure on my back kept me still and I groaned in frustration.

" Get your fucking foot of me!" I yelled.

" Whats with the cold shoulder?" He questioned while taking his foot off my back and flipping me over so I was on my back and my hands were pinned above my head. He was on his knees straddling me with a mysterious look on his face.

" Whats with you being a bastard." I hissed while glaring at him. He looked shocked for a moment before his face became hard.

" that's no way for a future queen to talk." He seethed.

" To bad im not your future queen. Now will you get the fuck off me." I yelled.

" You are amy. Why cant you get that through your little brain. This is your life. Im trying hard here to make this work, but im going to need some help." He said with all honesty.

" Don't make it sound like you're the fucking victim here Xaniv! Remember you took me from my life not the other way around." I hissed while wiggling out of his grip.

"Why cant you just be nice! Why do you have to be a royal bitch!" He screamed while tightening his grip on my hands. I was for certain that it would leave a bruise when this was over.

" Don't you dare call me a bitch!" I spat. " Your not all rays and sun shine yourself Xaniv. What daddy dearest didn't approve of you being King so he gave it to your uncle." My head snapped to the side and a large area of stinging came to my whole cheek. My head felt like it was being pounded against a wall and the thin lair of sweat added an extra sting to the area. I can not believe he just slapped me. His own wife to be, I brought my hand up and placed it over my cheek as if to confirm my disbelief. I slowly brought my sore head and neck so it was facing Xaniv. I kept my face blank.

" Get off me." I whispered.

" Amy." He whispered while placing his hand over mine. I looked at his face and I could tell he regretted it.

" Get off." I said in an even tone. He looked sad but nodded and got up. I slowly sat up, he offered his hand but I rejected it and stood up. I walked over to get the water bottle I got earlier and walked by Xaniv while shoving him out of the way with my shoulder and continued out of the room without taking a second look at Xaniv. Bastard.

Once in my room I threw my water bottle onto my bed and walked over to the mirror across form the bed. My whole cheek was red and I could see the imprints of his long fingers. At small areas where the impact was to much it had split the skin so a thin lair of blood was in a line. I shook my head and hissed when I felt the pain of the slap in my neck. I slowly and carefully took the band out of my hair and let it cascade down my back. I stepped into the bathroom and carefully pealed my clothes off before stepped into the warm shower. I was numb and had no emotions running through me. In a way I deserved that slap, but he should still have not hit me. I let the water run over my sore muscles and leant my head against the wall behind me.

" Amy?" Someone questioned from the door. I didn't reply and kept my eyes shut. " Amy?" they questioned and I recognized it as Xanivs.

" What?" I yelled back over the shower.

" Can I come in?" He questioned.

" Whatever." I mumbled not caring anymore and turned so only my back was facing the door. My butt was covered by the tile wall so he only had a view of my bare back.

He came in and sat on the toilet by the side of the shower.

" Amy, about earlier. Im so sorry." He said and was trying to keep a straight voice. " I don't know what got into me. I just-" I cut him off.

" Its fine." I said while cupping water in my hand and rubbing it over my neck.

" No it is not fine, I should of never hit you I was just mad and upset and im so-"

" I said it was fine." I said while turning my head around and giving him a fake smile.

" Are you positive?" He asked almost like he couldn't believe I was forgiving him.

" Sure." I said with a shrug and resumed showering. I heard him mumble an okay and leave the bathroom. I finished my showered and got dressed in whatever they had laid on the bed. I walked over to the window and peered out at the dark stormy. Should I just become the next queen and forget about my old life and start living this new one? Should I just accept that Xaniv is my soon to be husband and start loving him? Or should I just pretend im okay with this all and just live a hell of a life. Once I decided what I wanted I ran down stairs and into the kitchen where I found Xaniv sitting on a stool with his head in his hands. He hadn't heard my entrance so walked up beside him and took his hands from his head. His head slowly turned to face me and I could see the tears threatening to spill but he controlled them.

" Im willing to try." I whispered. He looked confused for a moment before blinking and shaking his head.

" I will not let you try because I hit you. You deserve better."

" Xaniv, ill try." I said while taking his hands and cupping them over my cheeks. " Ill try." I said while nodding. He took a deep sigh before nodding too and standing up. His long strong enveloped me in a tight embrace.

" I really am sorry Amy." He whispered in my ear. I tucked my head into the crook of his cold neck.

" I know." I whispered back.

Okay so this is my newest story that iv been working on at school Shh! Dont tell them i wasnt paying attention ;) I originally was against vampire storys but i decided to give one a try. tell me what you think and let me know if i should continue or not! :)

ily!

Share with others please!

Leave comments and vote! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376 36 38
In life you fall in love numerous times but not every person is titled as your "one true love"... so how do you know who that person is? Sabar was a...
1.3K 4 29
Aimee has moved into a "New town". Things in her life are really bad considering she doesn't know much about her past. Besides what she has lived aft...
28.5K 653 34
Both were complete strangers. One wants to become powerful and domineering in life. While other wants a simple one... They don't have any differenc...
439K 4.7K 8
"You won't expect love from me and will please me whenever, wherever I want." *** Passionate bonds linger in their relation which are ignorant to bot...