Black Roses Red

Patches of green and black flashed by me as I sprinted through the rough wet forest. My golden locket bounced on and off my damp neck. Rage was pulsing through my veins when the thought of my family just dying in a car crash hours before. Most people would be crying they're eyes out and being comforted by others, but me. Amy Feardirge threw on running clothes and hit the trail outside my house in the damp green woods of Seattle , Washington. Most people lived in the city of Seattle where as my family made a rash decision to live out in the middle of no where in the woods. To get away from the people, traffic and none sense the worlds come to and live in bliss with nature. Or at least that's the bull shit they wanted me to believe. And now when they're gone I realize how gratefully I am that they picked the middle of nowhere to live. A place where I got only an ounce of pity when I found out my family died. The only thing I had in life, was ever them and now they were stolen from me. Rain was still pouring down like the lost souls of my family crying down on my worn out body. The trees and leafs flew past me as my legs pumped me faster and further into the depth of the woods. Further and further away from reality. Away from the pain that stung inside of me. Silent tears fell from my eyes, but I refused to accept the weakness showing on the outside. My damp black hair hit my back with each pound of my foot on the damp floor of the woods. The skies began turning a deep dark blue as more storm clouds rushed over me. More rain tumbling down and forming puddles under my feet. My ragged breathing was the only thing blocking the sounds of thunder threatening me to take cover or die. But at this point, death didn't look so bad. My vision was blurry by the sheets of rain hitting me and the tears that were consuming my line of vision.

Before I could tell myself to stop my anger sprint I ran into something hard and solid. Cold limbs caught my wrist before I almost came one with the dirt floor. I thought my arm was stuck in tree vein or perhaps I hit a tree, I didn't know till I stood fully up and cleared the tears and water droplets in my eyes. I could see outline of a body that was very tall and bulky. I stepped under the tree he was standing under to protect us from the rain, and it was then that I got a good look at the man. The man reminds me of a billowing sandstorm. His body is noteably athletic. He has clean royal, volume hair the color of the darkest black known to man. His slitted eyes are the exact color of ripe plums. He has a strong chin and long-fingered hands. There was not doubt that he was gorgeous, that he had any girl bowing at his feet. The statue of how he held himself was obvious that he came from a well pronounced family of royalty. But of whom? Surely he was not from around here, so where was this mysterious dangerous man belong?

" Hello." He said in a voice of satin enveloping around me, but also had a slight edge of roughness and danger present.

"Hello." I said just as formal as he. He stared at me for a few moments before speaking.

" May I ask why you are out in this weather running?" he asked while taking another step forward. My first reaction was to step back, but once he was in front of me there was no use of going anywhere.

" Clearing my mind." I responded and wiped a droplet off my cheek. Im sure by now my dark make-up was running down my wet face and I looked like I just got out of the shower.

" Do you mind me asking what you are doing on my property?" He asked in the same formal tone. I cocked my head to the side and repeated his sentence in my head. His property?

" Oh Im sorry, I didn't know these woods belong to any one." I responded and took a step back. " Ill leave right away." I said while starting to turn but his fast hand stopped me from moving any further. I looked to where he was holding and discovered he had a firm grip on my shoulder and was turning me towards him.

" Im sorry I didn't catch your name." He said while looking at the locket on my neck. His face contorted into a look of concentration and confusion. He looked as if he was trying to figure out a complicated problem.