His Blue ✓

By MalibuGardner

Indie Jasper is a shy, unknown writer. Anson Fischart is the school's pretty boy. Indie is not popular by an... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1| Class with the QB
2| Paradox
3| Breach of privacy
4| Blue
5| Lonesome swan
6| Don't do emotions
7| A man's pride
8| Not ashamed
9| Friday night lights
10| Drowsiness
11| Roofie
12| Crumble
13| Amends
14| You are different
15| Not the type
16| Movie date
17| Distrust
18| Seven minutes in heaven
19| Tears
20| Meet Dad
21| Knuckles
22| Fortune Cookie
23| Muse
24| Impressment
25| Wet
26| After kissing
27| Concession confession
28| Safeguarded
29| Forget
30| Placeholder
31| Partners
32| To those who wait
33| Rejection
34| Bluer
35| Avoidance
37| Letterman jacket
38| Girls' night w/ Anson
39| Family
40| Panic! At the football game
41| Causes
42| Unexpected hug
43| Self-defense
44| Engagement
45| Champagne caresses
46| Explosion
47| Broken home
48| Want
49| Thanksgiving
50| Between the sheets
51| Intensive Care Unit
52| Shattered
53| Argument
54| A second time
55| Christmas gift
author's ending note
my other work

36| Locked in

47.3K 1.5K 571
By MalibuGardner

     "Anson! I could get fired for this!"

    My hand grips the doorknob and I wiggle it quickly. There's obviously no use for my attempts. This door has always locked people in. I put my hand on my forehead in distress.

    This is bad. This is really bad. This is-

    Anson suddenly presses a palm against the door and leans close to my face. I remember why he's here and feel panicked at the thought of being unable to run if need be.

     "Calm down." He says gently. He brings my hand away from the door with a smirk. My back stays flattened against the door as he moves closer to me. I feel my heartbeat in my throat.

     "Are you scared?" He raises a brow.

    Scared of confrontation? Yes.

    "No." My voice is as cold as I can make it.

     What does he think he's going to accomplish? I'm not going to change my mind.

     "You're awfully tense." His lips turn up into a smirk.

    A smirk that I've kissed before.

     Frustration gnaws at me.

     "It's just- I forgot I was supposed to be perfectly comfortable with being locked inside a room." My voice is snappy.

He shrugs. "I thought you were used to the tension between us by now."

     How dare he use his stupid douche lines to woo me!

"Yes... some say tension is synonymous to hatred."

     "Others say excitement." He counters.

    "Well I don't." I blurt, lamely.

     I'm usually much better at comebacks, but how can I focus with Anson so close to me?!

"Hatred? So you hate me now?" His smile is wide. And perfect.

     Of course not, does he know what he does to me?!

"Not exactly."

       He raises a brow. "You either do, or you don't."

     "I could never hate you." My lips form a downward curve.

"Then what could you do?"

My lips part, but no sound escapes. His eyes are vulnerable, deep. His expression is troubled- and that troubles me.

     Should I so easily forget everything I had resolved to think and do since the night in the car?

    A rush of air escapes my mouth in a sigh.

    Maybe I should stop overthinking. Maybe I should let my heart take over.

     Without thinking, I grab Anson's shirt collar and press my lips to his. His body freezes as I claim his lips with a hungry kiss. His slow response is surprising to me. His mouth is warm. His intensity is high, but at the same time,  the caress of his lips is softer than ever before.

    I taste tentatively with my tongue, putting all of my energy into communicating my emotion through the kiss. I want him to feel what I have been feeling. To my satisfaction, Anson's strong arms clutch my body to his, unwavering like always. His brows furrow during the passionate embrace.

We kiss until we're out completely out of breath, and we finally pull away, gasping for air.

    "Indie." His voice is slightly hoarse. His perfect teeth press into his rosy lip when he bites it. "What was that?"

    "I was just reminding myself that you're worth waiting for." My chest rises and falls with my shallow breathing. "As a boyfriend."

It feels like I'm holding my heart out again in hopes that he'll want to snatch it up. Please say you want me... after all of this.

"So you've not changed your mind since Saturday?" He asks. I can't make out the emotion in his voice when he asks.

     "Anson, I just can't compromise what I believe is right, for us." My voice escapes in a quick breath.

    I expect his face to be skeptical or judgmental. He instead looks reserved and thoughtful.

    "You asked that we wait for a relationship before anything got out of hand." He tilts his head to look closely at me. "I'm sorry I let things get so screwed-up in the first place."

      It would be a lie to say that I'm not surprised by this apology.

"Well, thank you." I manage.

     "I'm sorry you didn't feel like I was listening. Or that you couldn't trust me." He continues.

    "Well I don't like facing my problems." I admit. "Especially when they're tall and handsome and stubborn as hell."

     He chuckles at my words and ruffles his blond hair with a hand. "What you said Saturday," He shakes his head. "I have to know if you truly thought I was taking advantage?"

My face flushes red. "No." I say honestly. "I've always known that you wouldn't do that to me. I'm sorry for insinuating-"

    "No. You were right to say something. Even if what you said hurt to hear." His hand presses to his chest, to his heart. He frowns. "It taught me that I need to figure this out, Blue."

    Words spoken in anger and sadness often hurt people, I've realized.

     "I'm sorry if I caused you pain." I make sure to say.

Wow, that was strangely easy to admit.

     His jaw twitches. "I'm sorry you felt like you couldn't talk to me."

    " I'm sorry that I assumed the worst of you." I exchange.

    "Of all the things you could assume," Anson sighs, "and you thought I didn't want you?"

     I shrug. Why did I think that? Seeing him here today, it doesn't seem true at all.

     "I guess I was scared that you might not."

      My back presses against the door, and Anson's eyes scan my face. "I do want you, Indie." He says seriously. "And not just as a friend."

     My mouth goes dry.

    "I just wanted to be perfect for you." His voice breaks. "When I said those things about being rushing things- I meant that I didn't want to rush myself, thinking I would ruin things if I tried too early."

"I want to be enough." he adds.

A flicker of vulnerability passes across his face- sending a desire through my heart to grab him by it and kiss him again.

    "You are enough." I say. "You're enough for me."

     "I want you to be sure."

"I am."

He presses against me, as if he needs to be close to me physically to also be close emotionally. His hands are on my hips. His eyes are narrowed down at mine.

     "Do you doubt it?" I whisper.

    A moment passes between the two of us. He shakes his head. "I don't doubt you want me. But, I doubt that you know how little I can actually bring to the table, to a relationship."

    I shake my head, laughing a short laugh. "Just bring yourself, Anson."

    I notice in his eyes that I can finally see the silvery flecks of light glittering beneath the blue waves of his iris.

    "I don't deserve you."

    "Maybe not, I don't know. I'm here either way."

    "You've always been enough for me, by the way." His voice is gentle.

     My heart stops beating.

     A smile slowly creeps onto his hard features. "I guess it's time I ask," His voice is low. "Believe it or not, I've been wanting to for a long time."

Ask what? Could he mean-

    I look at him without breathing.

"Will you, Blue? Be my girlfriend?" He blinks at me, armor off, walls down.

    Be his girlfriend? Am I dreaming?

"Yes." I nod. My hands wrap around his neck, and he leans down to my face, planting a kiss on my cheek in surprise and shock.

    "Say it again." He kisses me on the other cheek. I giggle.

   "Yes." I say strongly.

     He smiles to himself. "Please don't ever avoid me again." He chuckles in my ear, and my arms slip around his hard body, hugging him tightly and breathing in my boyfriend's cologne.

    "Don't give me a reason to, Fischart." I say with a giddy smile.

I wouldn't dare to run now.

*****

     After my manager lets Anson and me out of the back room, I text Fern the good news.

     As soon as she finds out, she begins begging for a double date. I don't want to impose, but she insists Anson and I join Leo and her at the bowling alley. I show Anson the messages. We decide to meet Fern and Leo at the arcade and bowling alley.

We walk in, and I spot Fern and Leo already at a lane. I pull Anson over to them.

     Fern jumps up and hugs me. Leo and Anson, teammates, opt for a bro-hug. Our boys attach themselves to us with an arm around the shoulder or waist, and we decide on how many games to play, what snacks to buy, etc.

    Leo announces he'll get the shoes. Anson offers to help him. I tell him my size. When they're gone, I look at Fern while she smirks.

    "So Anson is willing to be your man after all you put him through?" Her eyes sparkle and I blush.

   "He put me through a lot, too."

    "I'm just teasing, Indie."

    "Well, I still can't believe it, either." I say, watching him from across the alley. His strong, handsome figure strolls to the shoe counter. His arm stretches out as he grasps our bowling shoes.

  Fern laughs. "I know that feeling." She laughs. "Things are about to change for you, big time."

   They are? I tear my gaze away from Anson's masculine outline.

    I frown. "Like what?"

    She grins and runs over to sit by me. "Like date nights every week, couple outings, family time with both sides, having to hang with all his friends like they're your own." She smirks. "But it's a blast."

     Excitement washes over me. I fidget my fingers with nervous energy. Fern elbows my arm. "That's not even the best part." She smiles. "The best part is waking up tomorrow and remembering it's not a dream."

    I lock eyes with Anson as he carries my shoes back to me. Fern goes back to sitting in her original seat, Leo by her side. I smile at her knowingly and slip my bowling shoes on.

     Throughout the rest of the night, my mood is blissful. We play match after match, until I am yawning into Anson's chest, and he shakes me awake beside of him.

"It's probably time I take this sleep-deprived cutie home, huh?" He asks Fern and Leo with a smirk. They nod and get ready to leave.

In the parking lot, we sadly say goodbye. I know that now that I have a boyfriend of my own, time will be more limited for us. Between band, football, boyfriends, and school...

"We should do a girls night soon." Fern suggests. I agree, promising her that she'll always be my best friend.

    After that, Anson drives me home. We're silent and I'm sleepy. However, when my house finally comes into view, I speak. "Thank you." I say. "For understanding me. For being the best guy I know."

     He looks at me, putting the car in park. "It's natural to want to be the best for you."

    I smile.

   "I'll pick you up for school tomorrow?"

    "Sure."

     He leans over and kisses my cheek.

     "Goodnight, my Blue."

      Alright... let me just start by screaming because DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT COMING?!

     Honestly I was a little nervous to update today simply because of the development which cannot be undone. This changes everything, as I'm sure you're aware of. What are your thoughts?  Are you glad they're together now? It's been 36 chapters in the making.

    Of course, just because they're bf/gf now doesn't erase all of the adversity and struggles they each face in daily life. Things aren't about to get boring for these two.

     Also I wanna say that the kiss for me was my favorite part of this scene. I could just feel the temp. rising, lol. If you liked it, or just this chapter in general, make sure you vote.

   We're getting close to 50k reads, btw. Honestly the only thing that matters to me about the numbers is that they show how many people I've reached. I think this story deserves a shot in everyone's reading lists. So, by reading you are honestly doing me such a favor. Thank you.

     Alright, I've said enough. Remember that I'm updating 2x a week now. The next update will be Tuesday (or Wednesday at the latest). Ttyl,

    ~ Malibu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 140K 36
When college student Indie finds out her boyfriend cheated on her, she hooks up with his best frenemy Reece as payback but doesn't expect their one-n...
284K 5.4K 43
Parties, boys, and popularity: the only things ever on Rome's mind. Grades, work, and graduation: the only things that matter to Lucas. Rome Mendoz...
1.5M 34.8K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
4.7M 105K 45
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Haze De Luca is the scariest, heartless, most popular boy in the school. Every-time he sees he...