If Walls Could Talk

By BoxForAFox

Louis Stan has always been an outcast. There is no denying that the walls he has put up between himself and o... More

IF WALLS COULD TALK
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Certainty
...
Some Things
Amazon
WITHIN THESE WALLS

Chapter Forty-Four

4.3K 319 56
By BoxForAFox

Chapter Forty-Four

As Isaac said, the place they were going to was close by, and the walk was only short. In no time at all, Isaac came to a stop in front of a building and turned to look at Louis.

"We're here," he whispered, and Louis looked at the building before them. It was nothing fancy. In fact, Louis had a feeling it had been abandoned a long time ago, and all of a sudden, Louis was feeling extremely nervous.

"Uh, are we...?" Louis asked, turning to Isaac.

"Okay, I know it looks bad, but," Isaac started, and he let go of Louis' hand, walking towards the glass door of the building. "I wanted this date to be special."

"So, you're going to murder me in an abandoned twelve-story building?" Louis asked, chuckling, though still noticeably nervous.

"Well, that was the plan," Isaac joked, before making his way back over to Louis and taking his hand again, and all of Louis' nerves seemed to relax. "Come on, trust me."

Louis nodded and let himself be dragged up to the glass door, where Isaac pushed it open. To Louis' surprise, it opened without a problem or even a sound, and the two boys walked into the dark room beyond it. Isaac reached into his back pocket and pulled out a flashlight, turning it on and illuminating the room.

As the light swept around the room, Louis saw that it was empty, apart from a few spider webs strung up in the corners. Louis gave Isaac a side-eye, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to see it before he felt himself being pulled towards the far end of the room where they came to a staircase.

"So, I know you don't want to get all sweaty, so we'll take it slow," Isaac said through the darkness as he shone his torch up the old wooden staircase, and Louis could hear a smile in his voice.

Louis smiled, too, and shook his head before he followed Isaac up the stairs, still holding his hand. Louis had to admit, while he hated surprises, he was still excited about what was happening. The worry he had felt before seemed to have gone away. Isaac had a way of calming Louis, and he felt good knowing there was someone who could do that to him.

The trek up the stairs took a lot longer than it needed to due to the fact that the boys were taking their sweet time on their way up. They stayed in silence the whole way, firmly holding onto each other. But at last, they reached their destination.

"I really hope you like this," he whispered after leaning up to Louis' ear, causing him to shiver slightly as Isaac's minty breath ran across his face.

Isaac opened the door they reached, causing moonlight to spill into the hallway and shine across them. Louis looked out the door and sharply inhaled before letting go of Isaac's hand and walking out. As he stepped over the threshold, he found himself standing on the roof of the building, giving him a view of the town below. There were very few tall buildings around, and most of them didn't have roof access, so Louis had never experienced anything like this before.

As he moved further out onto the roof, Louis looked around, taking in the view that sat before him. All of the little houses with their lights on, illuminating their yards, and the streetlamps that littered the sidewalks and road islands. It was by no means the view you'd get in the city, but it was perfect. It was so quiet and quaint, and Louis felt as though he could spend hours sitting up here, looking at the world below.

"Okay, if you're gonna murder me, I'm glad it's up here." Louis grinned, turning back around to look at Isaac, who was still standing at the door, looking at Louis with anticipation.

"You like it?" he asked, moving forward and stepping over the threshold to join Louis.

"I do. It's beautiful up here," Louis replied, smiling down at Isaac. "How'd you find this place? I didn't even know any buildings around here had roof access."

"I used to go into abandoned buildings all the time when I was growing up. It helped me think. That didn't change when I moved here," Isaac replied, blushing in the dimmed light, though Louis could still see it. "I was just lucky, I guess."

"Yeah, I've been feeling lucky for a while now," Louis whispered, replicating what Isaac had done before.

He leaned down to Isaac's ear, his lips gently brushing his jaw as he pulled back.

"Uh, w-well, uh," Isaac stuttered and turned away from Louis. "L-let's get started, shall we?"

He gestured towards the side of the building, where Louis noticed two chairs sitting beside a small table with what looked to be a portable fridge adjacent to them. Louis nodded and felt his hand being grabbed by Isaac again as he was led over to the edge of the building, where he let go of Isaac's hand and took a seat.

"I could get used to this view," Louis muttered.

"I thought you were looking at me then."

Louis slowly turned towards Isaac, letting out a small chuckle.

"Don't flatter yourself," he whispered, and Isaac chortled.

"Anyway, I don't know if Kara told you or not, but she gave Sarah her number, and I've been using my sister to get information from her."

"Kara did not tell me this." Louis laughed. "But Kara knows I hate surprises and probably wanted to annoy me."

"That's a high possibility." Isaac laughed before continuing, "Anyway, I've been getting information about the things you like, and she said you eat pretty much anything, as long as it's homemade."

Louis gave Isaac a questioning look. "You didn't—"

"Now, I'm not the best cook, but she said one of your all-time favourites is some sort of pasta. I can't remember the name. I think it starts with an 'A'." Isaac shrugged shyly, which made Louis smile even more.

He couldn't believe Isaac had gone to all of this effort, but he couldn't be happier.

"But I did find a recipe, and I had some help cooking it. So..." Isaac continued as he reached down into the box next to the table, which Louis now saw, was, in fact, not a portable fridge, but a heater of some kind.

"I hope this worked. I literally bought it just for this. The packaging said, 'Traps the heat!' whatever that means. So, one can only hope!" Isaac laughed as he lifted two bowls out of the box and placed them on the table, unwrapping the foil on the top.

As soon as he did, Louis was hit with an amazing smell and leant closer to the bowl that Isaac had sat in front of him.

"This smells so good, Isaac!" Louis exclaimed, smiling across at Isaac, who grabbed some cutlery out from the same box.

"Thanks," Isaac mumbled. "It was mainly my mum."

"Either way, it means a lot that you even attempted," Louis said, still smiling at Isaac, who began to smile back. "This seems like it took a lot of effort, and I don't even know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything, Lou." Isaac gestured to the food in front of Louis. "Just enjoy."

Louis gave one last smile and nodded before he started to eat, and Isaac followed suit.

"Oh, thank God, it's still warm!" Isaac stated.

"It tastes really good, too." Louis winked at Isaac after his first mouthful. "Also, it's Fettuccine. You probably got the 'A' from Alfredo, which is usually the sauce that goes with it."

"I'm glad you like it," Isaac replied, beaming at Louis. "It's also good to know that you're apparently a chef!"

"I would've liked it no matter what it was." Louis smiled across the table. "And I just like to cook. Not a chef by any means."

Isaac returned Louis' smile before they continued to enjoy their meal.

The night went on, and to Louis' pleasure, it passed slowly, giving Louis seemingly all the time in the world to spend with Isaac. After they had finished eating, Isaac had placed their dishes back where he got them, and the two boys moved away from the table and sat at the edge of the roof. At first, Louis was unsure about it, but as they walked over to the edge, he saw there was a separate ledge underneath, and the two boys sat with their legs dangling above it, looking out over the small town bathing in the night lights.

"Thank you for dinner," Louis murmured, turning his head and smiling at Isaac before moving his hand so it sat in his.

"It was my pleasure," Isaac responded, squeezing Louis' hand. "Thank you for agreeing to come on a date and for wearing your glasses."

Louis gave a small chuckle. "Why would I say no to you?"

"I could've been a murderer." Isaac laughed.

"True, but if anyone were to kill me, I'd be happy if it were you."

"How romantic." The two boys laughed before falling back into silence, looking out over the town.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Editing is ahead of schedule, so here you go!

When this book is finished being uploaded, there will be more editing taking place. Just letting you know :)

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider leaving a vote and comment. It helps a lot!

Or you can PM me and we can have a chat!

Question Time:

Do you like Louis and Isaac together?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 474 6
When they were eighteen years old, Paul told his best friend that he was in love with him. Scared and stupid, Jack ran away. Seven years later, haunt...
346K 16.8K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
32.6K 3.1K 15
[BXB] in which a boy falls in love whilst pretending to be homeless. - Eden Becker has begun falling out of luck in the fields of money. He finds it...
This Is Me By FINN

Teen Fiction

154K 8K 72
Have you ever felt that if you moved, the world wouldn't move with you? That if you took a step, everything you knew would change?¬¬ Peter Stone, a s...