Picturing Us

By hernameisnanii

Best friends are everything. They're always there for you, no matter what. Hanson Carter has two best friends... More

Picturing Us (1)
Picturing Us (2)
Picturing Us (4)
Picturing Us (5)
Picturing Us (6)
Picturing Us (7)
Picturing Us (8)
Picturing Us (9)
Picturing Us (10)
Picturing Us (11)
Picturing Us (12)
Picturing Us (13)
Picturing Us (14)
Picturing Us (15)
Picturing Us (16)
Picturing Us (17) {Final Chapter}

Picturing Us (3)

24 0 0
By hernameisnanii

Levi:

I've never been so nervous in my life. She's just so pretty. I am not the kind of guy, who can fall for a girl so quickly. When I bumped into her, this morning, I just couldn't help but stare.

"I guess, I could try out." she said.

"Perfect!" Hanson's friend, Rachel, said. "Auditions are Friday."

"Awesome!" I said, giving her a high five. Boy, am I acting goofy today.

"But I would love some help, though. Ray, would you mind helping?" she asked, biting into a carrot.

Rachel looked at me, with some type of evil stare. I was confused, but then I finally realized what she was maybe talking about. "Oh, I'm busy. Maybe Levi could practice with you."

This is perfect. I could get to know her more, maybe even let her get to know me. Is it normal for me to get all jittery?

"I dunno-"

"No, it's fine." I put my hand on top of hers. "I would love to."

She smiled. "Okay, I guess we could." I stared into those mesmerizing blue eyes and smiled back.

Finn:

This is NOT supposed to happen! Quick, do something, Finn!

"I guess I could try out, too." I said. They turned their eyes off of each other and turned them to me. As a matter of fact, everyone turned and faced me.

"What?" Matt asked.

"Finnie, are you sick?" Hanson asked.

"No, I would love to try out." I added.

Julia put the back of her hand on my forehead and then switched it to the front. "Finn, you don't feel sick." she added.

I chuckled, "I just wanna try out new things, is that so bad?" I asked.

"But everytime I bring up Broadway musicals, you groan. What's different about today?" Rachel asked.

"Okay, like I said, I'm trying new things, so can we just change the subject?" I said, angrily.

Everyone agreed and got back to their lunches, but Levi continued to stare at me. "Oh, looks like I've got some compitition." Levi said.

I paniced. "W-What do you mean by that?" I stuttered.

"It's kinda obvious, isn't it, Hanson?" he added, looking at Hanson.

"You're wrong about whatever, you're thinking." Is it that obvious that I'm in love with Hanson? I did say something pretty quickly after they had their 'moment'. Or was it the way I was looking at them? A guy like Levi, obviously can point out the obvious. Great.

Everyone turned their attention back to me. I stood there staring back at him, nervously.

"Oh, so I'm wrong about you wanting to beat me out of the lead?" he chuckled.

I felt a sign of relief. Man, he's intimidating. "Psh, yeah."

"Yeah, I thought that because you look like the type of guy who rules the school. And the character Danny, rules the T-birds, the best way to act like your character is to be your character." he said, adding hand gestures.

"Wow, you know a lot about acting." Hanson said.

"Well, I am an actor. But about you needing help. I would love if we could meet after school." he added, turning all his attention back to her.

Bleh.

"Sure, I'll give you my address."

"Hey, mind if I join?" I asked. "I mean, I could use the help, too."

Hanson kicked me under the table. Silly Hanson, I'm a football player, I don't get hurt that easily.

"Usually, I would say no, because I wouldn't want to lose the role." he said. "But, since you were kind enough to become a friend, then sure." he later added.

"Thanks, bro." I said. I looked back at Hanson and saw evil in her eyes. I did it for her own good.

"Oh, I gotta go. Principal wants to see me about something. I think it's about being the new kid and all. But I'll see you after school." Levi said, then patted Hanson's head. Then he left out the cafeteria. As soon as Levi left out the door, Hanson was ready to yell at the top of my lungs at me.

"Finnie!" she yelled. "What the hell was that?"

"Calm down, Hannie." I said. "I just needed help also."

"Needed help my ass!" she yelled even louder. "You just don't like the fact that I might have a crush. Everytime there's a guy that I really like, you have to swoop in and get rid of him. Do you have to be so protective?"

"Hey, that is not true. Name one person." I said, defending myself.

"Okay, remember in seventh grade, when Hanson liked that boy Malcom Hunter?" Rachel asked.

"Or when she liked Hunter Carroll in nineth?" Julia added.

"Or last year when I liked someone, then you magically became close friends with him."

"Who?" I asked, clueless. Rachel and Julia stared at me in anger.

I thought about it. Oh, yeah! She had this huge crush on Matt, but he was too clueless to figure it out. It was so obvious, even a two year old would've known. "Oh, yeah!" I yelled.

"Wait, I'm confused. How come I never knew about this guy?" Matt asked, staring at all of us.

I burst into laughter, but once I noticed all the girls staring at me angrier than before, I changed it into a fake cough.

"You don't know him." Julia added.

"I think he does." I mumbled.

"FINN!" the girls yelled.

"Dude, it was you." I finally admitted.

Rachel and Hanson both kicked me, while Julia punch me in the shoulder. Okay, maybe that hurt. "Ow!" I yelled.

Matt looked as if he was thinking. "Wow, that explains a lot."

"Well, you've embarassed me enough today." Hanson said, then stood up. "I am gonna go cry myself to sleep, if you don't excuse me." she said sarcastically, then left.

"You're literally a jerk. But I still love you." Julia said, then stood up and followed Hanson.

"Well, I'm going to the locker room. I think I left something there." Matt added, then left.

Rachel turned and waited for the three of them to leave, then turned back to me. "Okay, Finn. You have got to stop sabotaging Hanson's relationships."

"I'm not sabotaging her relationships!" I said, trying to prove a point.

"Finn, it's just me. You can tell me anything." she stood up and sat next to me on my side. "I know everything, remember?" she whispered.

"Oh, yeah." I said.

Rachel's an actress and she knows how to act out anything. She's so good of an actor that she knows when other people are acting. Meaning, that she also knows when someone's lying. She got the secret out of me, but swore not to tell anyone.

"Why don't you just tell her how you feel?" she asked.

"I can't." I said, then looked down.

She grabbed my hand. "You know you're really in love, when you figure out that you're willing to do anything for the person you love." I looked up at her and stared into her brown eyes. She looked away, then let go of my hand and stood up. "If you love her as much as you say you do, then you would risk that stupid reputation of yours you have."

She went back to her side of the table, picked up her script, then walked away. Rachel was right. I've spent so much time, thinking about my reputation and how it could effect me, but I never really listened to my heart.

Just forget about it, Finn.

Hanson:

How dare he! Who does he think he is? I get that he's trying to protect me, but he's really OVER protective.

I was so angry, I didn't even realize, where I was going. Before I knew it, I crashed into someone, causing them to fall on top of me on the floor. I opened my eyes and saw Levi on top of me.

"Ya know Carter, we should stop running into each other like this. I mean literally running into each other." he said, then smiled.

I giggled. "I mean I should really watch where I'm going."

"No, it's cool. I kinda like running into you. We should do this again, sometime."

"Running into each other, or talking to each other in this position?" I asked.

It looked as if he was nervous for a second. It was kind of cute. "I'm kidding. But I suggest we get up, before people think there's something going between us."

"I agree." he smiled. He got up onto his feet, then let his hand out and helped me up.

"Thanks." I said.

We started walking down the hall, towards our next classes. "No problem." he said. "So, about after school. I grabbed the script on my way to the principal, so we could practice."

"Cool, but I'm afraid that Finn might join us."

He shoved his hands into his pockets. "It's okay."

"Sorry about him. He's very protective about me. I think it has to do with the fact that we're best friends and he's like a brother."

"Oh, no. I know how he feels. I have a little sister in the seventh grade. She kinda grows up way too much. She's already had her first kiss."

"Really? I'm a junior and I've never even kissed a guy." I blurted out. I could feel my cheeks getting red.

He looked down in embarassment. "Same here."

"Wow, for a guy like you. It's kinda hard to believe that." I said. "No offense."

"None taken. It's just I kind of want the perfect girl to do it with. It's hard to find those. But I think I might've found one." he finally looked up at me, then walked away and into the door of a different class.

I smiled to myself and continued down the hall. He was just so romantic. He was also right. It's hard to find perfect people. Take Finn for example. He's annoying, stupid, gross, snobby, and so many more words that I probably can't say. But the thing is, I love him. He's like a brother. An annoying, stupid, gross, snobby, brother.

Finally it's time for my photography class. My all time love is photos. Once I sat into my my seat and took out my camera. I also took out my special folder with all of my favorite pictures from winter break.

The teacher, Ms. Reynolds, visited me at my desk, and I showed her the pictures I took. "Hanson Carter. You have a real talent."

"Thanks, Ms. Reynolds. Photography is what I love." I said, to her.

Later in the class, we took pictures of anytging we could find. You'd be surprised to see all the facinating things inside of a small classroom.

Once again, photos have taken my mind off of everything. As soon as I snap a new picture, I forget more and more about things. But one thing that never left my head was Levi.

***

I hope you liked this chapter! What do you think? Feel free to tell me!

Next Chapter: How will after school go? What'll happen when Scott meets Levi? Will he agree with Finn? Could Matt be any more clueless? Stay tuned...

Fan/Vote/Comment PLEASE!!! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 75.1K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...
2K 14 20
Harry starts uni studying photography and meets Niall when they become roommates. Harry keeps bumping into the same group of people around campus but...
2.8M 27.9K 25
Grace and Kya always do everything together, and nothing can get in the way of their friendship. But then Levi comes along...just as things are start...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...