Friends to Lovers

By home-of-the-writer

The day Eric changed faction to Dauntless, your whole world crashed. He left you, all alone, with no one but... More

Friends to Lovers Pt. 1
Friends to Lovers Pt. 2
Friends to Lovers Pt.3
Friends to Lovers Pt. 4
Friends to Lovers Pt. 5
Friends to Lovers Pt. 7
Friends to Lovers Pt. 8
Friends to Lovers Pt. 9
Friend to Lovers Pt. 10
Friends to Lovers Pt. 11
Friends to Lovers Pt. 11 (2)
Friends to Lovers Pt. 12
Friends to Lovers Pt. 13
Friends to Lovers Pt. 14
Friends to Lovers Pt. 15
Friends to Lovers Pt. 16
Friends to Lovers Pt. 17
Friends to Lovers Pt. 18
Friends to Lovers Pt. 19 ~ The End

Friends to Lovers Pt. 6

7.8K 143 16
By home-of-the-writer

Eric POV

I was back in Erudite, sitting in this big room, completely alone. I waited for a few minutes. A blonde lady entered the room. "Eric Coulter. 16. Choosing Ceremony tomorrow. The test said that the best faction for you would be Erudite, the second best would be Dauntless. You're smart and strong. And Divergent." Her voice was like ice, piercing my ears with every word she uttered. "What are you going to choose tomorrow?" She sat down opposite of me, keeping her eyes on the tablet in front of her.
"I don't know yet." I tried to catch her eye, so I could read her, but she avoided eye contact.
"I'll tell you. You'll choose Dauntless. You'll work very hard and become on of the leaders. Win their trust and convince them to cooperate with Erudite. If you don't choose Dauntless, or you fail at any task I give you, I'll kill you for being a Divergent." Now she looked me in the eyes. And she was serious. Dead serious.
"But, wh..." "What about (Y/N)? You'll leave her. After you change faction you won't talk to her, or even look at her. Trust me, I'll know if you do. If she follows you to Dauntless, you're free to do whatever you want with her." I stared at my hands, intertwined and squeezing each other in my lap. I couldn't leave (Y/N)! But if I don't, she'll kill me and that way I'd leave her too.
"Oh, I changed my mind." I looked at her, hope written all over my face. "If you fail me, I'll first kill (Y/N), letting you watch, and then I'll kill you. Have a nice day."
She left the room and I knew what I had to do, even with (Y/N) would hate me for it.

The setting changed. I was in a room, bright and clean. My hands were bound behind my back and I was on my knees. I failed that woman, Jeanine, and now I was paying for it.
They brought in (Y/N), her hands were bound too and she had a cloth in her mouth to keep her from screaming. As soon as she saw me, she relaxed a bit.
"What did I tell you Eric? If you fail me, I'll kill her." (Y/N)s eyes instantly widened and she tried to struggle. "Stop it!" I began to struggle too, trying to get the ropes of.
"Say goodbye Eric." With one bang (Y/N) laid on the floor, her lifeless eyes staring at me. Then there was a second bang and my vision went black.

I woke up, the room was black, not white. And I was alive. That's good. That's really good.
I was back at Dauntless, in my apartment. I didn't fail Jeanine and she didn't kill (Y/N).
Wait! What about (Y/N)?! I looked around frantically, needing to confirm that he was alive.
"Ngh..." Someone moved beside me. "Eric?" It was (Y/N). My sweet, innocent (Y/N). She sat up, looking at me. Her hair was all over the place and sleep was still present in her eyes.
"Go back to sleep, didn't want to wake you up." I laid back down, using my left arm as a pillow.
"Mhm." She laid down too, but she placed her head on top of my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You still know that play from school?" (Y/N) buried her face in my chest but kept on talking. "The one about the girl? And the sea?" I wrapped my right arm around her waist, pressing her body against mine.
"Yeah. Moana. Do you remember that one song?" "There were so many songs, which one?"

I have crossed the horizon to find you
I know your name
They've stolen the heart from inside you
But this does not define you
This is not who you are
You know who you are

"Oh this one. Yeah. That scene was awesome." I smiled a little at the memory. "There is this other song that matched this one, but our teacher didn't want to put them together." (Y/N) nodded and began singing again.

I am the girl who loves my island
And the girl who loves the sea
It calls me
I am the daughter of village chief
We are descendants from voyagers
Who found their way across the world
They call me
I delivered us to where we are
I've journeyed farther
I am everything I learned and more
Still it calls me
And the call isn't out there at all
It's inside me
It's like the tide
Always falling and raising
I will carry you here in my heart
You'll remind me
That come what may
I know the way
I am Moana

"Why did we even have to watch this play? I mean, what was the benefit for us?" I stared at the ceiling, waiting for (Y/N) to answer. "I think they wanted to show us that it's okay to leave everything behind us when we change faction." She snuggled further into me. "Not everything, huh?" She didn't answer, already asleep. "I'm sorry (Y/N)."
I got out of bed and walked to the living room to call Jeanine.

Y/N POV

I woke up, finding the bed beside me empty. Outside, I could hear two familiar voices arguing. I got out of bed, searching for my clothes till I remembered that I left them in the bathroom.
I had no other choice but leave the bedroom in Eric's Shirt. At least it covered most of me.
As I opened the door, I didn't expect Four to stand in the living room, yelling at Eric.
"Oh, finally! The princess decides to show her face!" Four glared at me, leaving Eric alone for once.
"What? How did you know I'm here?" I walked over to them and Eric passed me a cup of coffee. That's when I noticed that my hand was perfectly fine now.
Silently thanking him, I waited for Four to continue. "I was watching the cameras yesterday and suddenly I see you entering Eric's apartment. You didn't come out again, so I thought I'd confront you today! I can't believe that you would give yourself to him!"
"Give myself to him? He didn't even see me naked. Yes, we slept in the same bed, but we didn't sleep with each other." I tried to explain to Four, but he obviously didn't believe me.
"I don't care what you did and what you didn't. I just thought you were different." Four turned to leave and the first time since I left the bedroom, Eric opened his mouth.
"Did you delete the tapes and disable the camera?" He took a sip of his coffee and looked at Four with raised eyebrows. "Do you think I'm dumb? Of course I did. As much as I hate you, I like her. Just, be more discrete from now on." Four left me and Eric in the kitchen, sipping our coffee.
"You need to get ready. If anyone asks you were up early to visit Xavier in the infirmary." He put his cup in the sink and walked back to his bedroom.
Huffing, I finished my coffee and placed my cup alongside his. To dress, I went to the bathroom and left as soon as I was ready. Eric was never good with mornings.

Taking Eric's advice, I went to the infirmary, checking on Xavier, but when I got there, Xavier was just about to leave.
"My hero!" I hugged him, chuckling quietly. "Aww, that's cute my damsel in distress!" I hit him.
Together we walked back to the dorms, where the others told us that we got the day off to do what we want. After Xavier and I shared a high five, we decided to go get some new clothes.
Together we stormed the giant store, each one picking outfits for the other.
I picked a tight, black tank top with matching trousers and a flannel shirt that faded from white to black. As accessories I picked a chain he could put on his trousers and a choker with spikes. The shoes looked like typical military boots.
We both got into the changing cabins, putting on whatever the other picked. In my case that meant a black tang top with black hot pants. Over that I had a loose black cardigan and some black necklaces. My shoes had the same military look as the ones I picked out for Xavier, but instead of black, they were bright red. Matching the wrist band he picked out.

Both of us left the cabins at the same time, grinning at each other. The only downside to this game was that neither one of us could afford those clothes. So we put them back and kept on window shopping. As we got to the tattoo parlour, I decided I want to get one. Xavier, who wasn't too good with needles, said we would meet each other for dinner later.
Laughing at him I turned to search for a symbol I would like to have.
After thinking about it for a long time, I decided to get one with dreamcatchers that run down my spine.

The whole procedure took about one hour and it hurt like a bitch! I mean sure, I could've used this new technique they developed, but this, what I have on my back now, is a real tattoo. And I love it.
The tattoo lady explained everything about the healing process and the cream I have to put on it every day and let me go.
It was already dinner time when I was able to leave, but I decided to stop by the clothes store again. I used my last few points on a shirt, so that the others could see my tattoo.

I entered the cafeteria and immediately found Xavier, sitting at a table with Lucy. The talk they had yesterday seemed to have paid off.
After getting my food, I walked towards the table when Tyler walked in my way.
"Oh there you are! I searched for yesterday and somehow, you didn't return to the dorm. I wonder where you were...maybe, screwing one of our leaders?" He smirked at me, his friends laughed. Well, two could play that game. "Aww, that's so cute! You missed me so much you even looked for me all night! You stayed awake for me. That's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me!" I faked wiping away a tear. The attention of the room was on the two of us, even the leaders couldn't help but to stare.
"Oh no, I didn't miss you. I just wanted to see where you were. Nothing against that, huh?"
"So...now you admit to being my stalker?" I raised an eyebrow.
"No! What the! You little bitch!" Not even one second before Tyler lunged out to hit me, Max stood up and everyone halted in their movements.
"Initiates! After what happened yesterday I don't think this the right time or the right place! You'll have enough chances to fight in training! Sit down, or leave!"
I admit I didn't listen to him on the first day, but right now, Max was a real cool guy with perfect timing.
I shot Tyler a grin and walked past him to where Xavier and Lucy waited for me.
"How was it? Getting a tattoo, I mean." Xavier immediately started talking, as always.
I told him everything, hoping to be able to eat a meal in silence. And it was quiet. Well, as quiet as it can get with Xavier sitting beside you.

After dinner, the three of us walked back to the dorm. Lucy hasn't talked about what had happened yesterday, but she was sorry. I knew that.
Since I had the honour to have the most comfortable shower just yesterday, and I didn't want to get my tattoo wet, I waited on Xavier's and my bed.
They soon were finished and joined me. We kept talking for a while, about our old faction, what we want to become after initiation and so on.
Still, when Xavier suddenly pulled a guitar from under his side of the bed, I couldn't help my eyes widening in shock. "What is that?"
"A guitar." He grinned at the guitar as if it was his baby. I just continued to stare at him. "Oh come on! I know you can sing! I heard you!" I couldn't believe this guy! He listened to me while I was singing under the shower!
"You don't even know how to you use this thing!" I turned away from him, but turned back as soon as I heard him play some familiar chords.
"Xavier! Stop! I'm not going to sing in front of all of the others!" My voice turned to a hiss.
"Why? I would quite enjoy it." Lucy just now decided to chime in. Those guys...
Xavier repeated the chords and slowly, I began to sing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 49.7K 48
BOOK 1 of 2 All Vanessa Eaton had ever wanted was to start over. Most of all, she wanted to be free. When the opportunity to rid herself of her abus...
523 57 8
π„π‘πˆπ‚ π‚πŽπ”π‹π“π„π‘. . β€’ β˜† . Β° .β€’ Β°:. *β‚Š Β° . β˜† "what if i was just always meant to lose him?" . β€’ β˜† . Β° .β€’ Β°:. *β‚Š Β° . β˜† valentina eaton though...
271K 5.4K 33
Ferris Maguire never belonged in Candor. Her faction and family made sure she knew that. But once she learns that she's a Divergent, she must find a...
198K 4.5K 36
Amity, the love faction. Dauntless the dangerous faction. Autumn the kindhearted Amity. Eric the heartless Dauntless leader. What happens when Amity...