Camren One Shot Collection

By AnotherInkStain

Several camren one shots put together in one book , all of them are written by me unless stated otherwise (y) More

Camren One Shot Collection
10 Years
Day in the hills
Almost Enough
Almost Enough : Part 2
Almost Enough : Part 3
Spirited Away
Too Early : 2
More In One Way
More In One Way : Part 2
More In One Way : Part 3
Notice
System5
More In One Way: Part 4
Notice 2
Concupiscence

too early

2.5K 48 2
By AnotherInkStain

*Lauren's POV*

BEEP.BEEP.BEEP. Almost stabbing the alarm clock with my hand I groan as I get out of bed reluctantly and get ready for the first day of Camp of The Bands . I do all my morning rituals then slip in my black skinny jeans , wear a red crop top and cover it with a white , black and red flannel shirt . I pick up my bags that were ready since last night , grab my phone and black beanie then head down to have breakfast where my mum was almost done and ready to go .

I get in the car's passenger seat after eating my breakfast " Are you all set ? Do you have everything ? " my mum asked as she buckled her seat belt in the driver's seat , " yes mum , all done and ready " I say , giving her a thumbs up . I put my headphones in and lean my head against the window as " Do I Wanna Know " by the artic monkeys starts playing . This is the third time Ive been to this summer camp , and I've made friends since the first time I joined when I was only 12 ; Ally , Dinah & Normani . We've all been in the same group and cabin for 3 years now , Perri was also part of the group but she got suspended ,for good ,due to the amount of times she broke the rules so this year we are going to have a new kid in our group .

Fitness is a big deal in this camp too which makes it fun , even though many girls complain about it , I love the climbing course , morning runs and usual fitness activities that we are scheduled to do. It makes me miss softball a little less considering I've chosen this summer camp instead of the yearly soft ball summer camp.

The vast forest that i happen to be very familiar with due to everyday morning runs in summer camp comes in sight , i sigh as i mentally prepare myself to socialize with everyone else and the endless repetitive conversations about how the past school year was .

Opening the door as the car slowly comes to a stop by the wooden gates that are completely surrounded by never ending green , I step out and breathe in the air surrounding me free of the usual toxic waste and car engine smell , I turn around and swing my camp back on my left shoulder , " Bye mom ! " I say waving to her , she leaned over the hand rest and blew me a kiss .

I started walking down the path that goes through the big gates into campus as I I heard the car engine slowly fade into the background . All the wooden benches came into view , and soon so did our cabins . I looked at our usual cabin and a smile took over my face when I saw my friends sitting on the benches right across our cabin .

Normani , who was leaning over the table whispering into Dinah's ear who was sitting on the other side of the bench spotted me and waved enthusiastically over at me "LAURENN!" she screamed , I started running to her till something hit me and I fell to the floor .. Ouch.

I grunted as I opened my eyes only for my breath to hitch in my throat , staring right into my eyes were big brown eyes that seemed very .. Flustered ? " uhh ", the girl on top of me rasps as I feel her start to shift on top of my body , after a few amusing failed attempts at getting up she finally stands on her feet , and offers me a hand , I take it my senses more articulate than usual , as I get up I take in her appearance , she was donned in black daisy dukes , and a white Ed Sheeran shirt , her hair was in a high bun and she wore .. Flip flops .. Very weird choice of shoes .. " I'm sorry I was just going to get my stuff from the counsellor when I kind of uh I don't know sorry I wasn't lo- , my name is Camila . " she paused mid ramble and introduced herself with a big smile , a bit too bright for an early morning and a bit too pretty .

" pretty name for a pretty girl , " I say , chuckling nervously , ugh what did I just say , I smack myself mentally , " my name is - " I finish before normani wraps her arm around my shoulder " Lauren " she breathes out unevenly ,and unknowingly finishes my sentence . She eyes me and Camila before pointing between the both of us , " so I see you've met our new group member , " she says , with a smile , a rock back on my heels slightly nervous about the fact that I'll be spending almost 8 weeks with this pretty little lady right in front me .

Camila still has a small smile on her face , her eyes kind , " Yeah I kind of just bumped into her, literally and metaphorically .. I think " she says laughing , oh my god why am I picturing rainbows, sparkles and butterflies in my stomach what is happening to me " but I'll be going now to get my stuff , I'll see you guys in a while , it was nice meeting you Lauren . " Camila days with a slight nod of her head she gets going .

Normani moves to stands in front me a huge knowing grin on her face , when I open and shut my mouth trying to say something pointing at the direction Camila walked to " I .. uh - Camila , is in our group ? " I try to put together a coherent sentence , " Keep your mouth closed Laur , you might choke on a bug , and calm down won't you , you only just got here " Normani says laughing at me , when we start walking to the bench that the rest of the group were sitting by .

I turn to look at the direction Camila walked off to , and shook my head , what has gotten into me ?

After greeting everyone in the group and some of our other friends we all headed to our cabin. The wooden beds were all lined up against one wall , each accustomed with it's own bed side table , and very low chest of drawers by the foot of each bed to keep our clothes in , on the other side of the room there was a walk in closet that was filled with tents, inflatable boats and canoe paddles , right across the walk in closet there were two couched and a rug that covered the wooden floor between the 4 different couches .

I settled on the last bed by the wall as usual , all the girls on the group know I use it for the sole purpose of staying up late writing and not wanting to disturb the other girls .

I slipped off my shoes and got off ,I opened the chest of drawers and took the assigned uniform we all had to wear ; knee length baggy beige shorts and our group's color designated green shirt . By the time I sorted out my clothes into the chest of drawers , Camila still wasn't in the cabin , in fact I haven't seen her since our morning encounter . I was about to ask Normani about her before deciding against it knowing it'll probably be creepy and Mani will only tease me . I entered the bathroom , changed my clothes and retied my hair in a high bun before going back into the cabin .

" C'mon get ready , we all need to be by the lake house at 10 " I said , when I saw Dinah and Ally sitting on the couches still not in the uniform . Ally and Dinah were slackers , Normani on the other hand was just like me , she took camp seriously , and hated being late . " Chill dawg , it's the first day , don't go all chief Jauregui on us ." Dinah half-heartedly snapped getting up while snapping her fingers in a z-formation causing Ally to erupt in laughter , " yeah Lo , give us some time to get used to this first " Ally agreed , but nevertheless got up to retrieve her uniform from her chest of drawers following Dinah , " do you guys know where Normani went ? I went in the bathroom and now she isn't here , did she get ready ? " I asked them , because Normani wasn't by her bed and nobody was by the bathroom attached to our cabin , Dinah turns with a smirk on her face " ohh yeah she went to get your wifey " she said nodding towards the door , I look to the door and see Normani and Camila standing by the stairs that lead into our cabin , I quickly turn to Dinah my eyes wide , " Wifey ? Seriously guys ! I only just met her , and we don't even know if she's single or if she'll ever be interested in me " I say in disbelief , the realization of her even being single and interested in me or girls in that case sinking in . What why do I care ? It's not like I even like her .

Okay. Maybe a little .. But just a little .

Too much.

The sound of the door opening made me spin , Normani looked around Camila by her side " so just choose a bed and wear uniform , then we'll all head to the lake house . " Normani told Camila , Camila nodded and finally realized that I was in the room , " hey ! " she said " Lauren right ? " she added quickly with a questioning look which was adorable , not in a special way I mean everybody would find that face adorable right ? I mean .. Nevermind .

" Right , Normani told me you're in our group , I guess it's nice to know that I'll be bumping into you more often , not literally , though that would be nice also , not uh " Camila started laughing and I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly when Normani cut me off " where are the others?" I made a quick mental note to thank Normani for saving me from rotting from embarrassment right on the spot I was standing on before replying " the others , yeah , they're in the bathroom " okay I need to calm down , I took a quick deep breath when I noticed Normani trying to hold back her laughter " what ? " I said scrunching up my nose in confusion , " nothing , nothing " she said

" I'm just going to go check on Bea in the cabin next door , then I'm going to the lake house , catch you guys later !" she finished before she walked out , Camila was standing awkwardly by the door a kind expression on her face , I noticed both her duffle bags by the door when I took a breath of courage and spoke up , " do you need help with that ? " she turned to look at her bags but before I gave her a chance to answer I walked over and swung one of her bags over my shoulder and carried the other in my right hand , " bed 1 is taken by Ally , since she likes feeling the sunshine from the window in the morning , bed 2 is taken by Dinah because Ally lets her sleep more than we would , have you met them or not ? " I asked her , turning to face her , she was studying my face but quickly turned to look forward , " uh yes I have , they're really nice, I'm guessing you're all really good friends? " she said quickly but I could hear the slight hesitation in her voice ,

" yeah they're good folks , and yes we're close but don't worry you'll get along with all of us easily , we aren't too harsh " I smiled at her reassuringly , she smiled back and for some odd reason I felt my cheeks heat up slightly at her constant stare , " anyway " I said clearing my throat , " Normani took the third bed , which means you're stuck on the fourth bed between me and mani , are you fine with that or do I have to beat one of their asses for you to get the bed you want ? " I asked playfully , she laughed whole heartedly " I think I can manage sleeping on the bed that's empty " she said which made me feel like the lamest person on earth , beat up their asses ? Really Lauren ?

I sat on bed while Camila was sorting out her clothes , " your uniform is in the bottom drawer , you should wear it and then sort out your things because we have to be by the lake house in .. " I checked my watch quickly ," 7 minutes to be exact " , she pulled out the uniform quickly " ohh okay , where's the bathroom ? " she asked getting up hurriedly , I chuckled at how hasty she seemed all of a sudden , " relax , we have time , just go through this walk in closet there's a back door to the cabin's private patio , you'll see a door behind the chairs that outlook the forest " I pointed towards the door of the walk in closet , " thank you ," she said honestly with a smile she speed walked off to the bathroom .

I sighed as I threw my back onto the bed , it hasn't even been 2 hours and this girl is driving me insane , it'll go eventually right ? Just like all those little crushes do . Plus I'm pretty sure if anyone saw just her eyes from up close like I did , they would have a crush on her too , I mean being attracted to someone a minute after you meet them is alright .. Right ? Ugh.

I sit on the edge of my bed and wear my socks , when I hear the girls coming in from the back patio laughing about something , Dinah and Ally are already wearing their uniforms and so is .. Camila . Woah , let's just say she looks really good in green .

" chop chop , Lauren , you're making us late" Dinah said playfully giving me a pointed look as they all made their way out of the cabin.

I shake the peculiar feeling at the pit of my stomach off and slip on both my black trainers and got off bed. I quickly jog out of the cabin , ignoring the few steps of stairs by jumping over them quickly and catching up with the girls .

I pushed myself between Ally and Camila ,

" would've it hurt for you guys to wait for me a little ?" I breathed out trying to ignore the fact that I'm almost out of breath , I really need to start working on my stamina , " Sorry chief , you really need to start taking this camp seriously " Dinah said mocking me with a raise of her eyebrows , I was about to reply with a snarky comeback , but Camila spoke " why is everybody going to the lake house ? " She was looking around , and a lot of different girls from different cabins were walking in the same direction as we were,"the leaders for each group are chosen , you can see that we are all different groups , different groups live in different cabins , different groups have different colored shirts, each year the girls in each group choose a leader , the leader is the one who is responsible for the whole group , the first year the four of us got into a group , Normani was the leader, but she once got into a fight with the leader of the blue group , Diamond , the both of them were banned from being leaders , and ever since Lauren has been our leader , she is the one who is capable of waking us up in the morning , cooking for us, being their for us ," Ally was explaining when Dinah cut her off " basically the mum and dad of the group, and since your ass is new in our group , you need to go on a date with her " my eyes widened in shock " what ?! " I said in disbelief , Dinah and Ally cracked up laughing and soon Camila joined with them . " Calm down , Lauren , c'mon I'm sure you'll like it I mean look at that blush on your face ! " Dinah pointed accusingly at me , "Dinah! Even if I did , you just blew me off my game" I said sighing in frustration when Dinah started laughing even more " you just openly admitted you actually don't mind the idea of going on a date with Camila and girl let me tell you you've got 0 game unless a stuttering mess is what your game is " my jaw dropped at what Dinah said , Ally pushed Camila into me playfully and cooed " Awww I bet Camila does actually like the idea of going on a date with Lauren " my heart froze when I felt Camila's hands on my arm , I turned to see her smiling bashfully but she soon retrieved her arm when she saw me looking at the contact between us .

" it's not like I know Lauren to go on a date with her " Camila surprisingly said , I turned my head to face her and furrowed my eyebrows " wait so you're actually a considering going out on a date with me ?they were joking you know " with new found confidence I smirked down at her " unless you actually want to then I could probably find time for you in my busy schedule " at that Camila bursted into laughter my temporary confidence already crumbled to the floor .

Dinah and Ally were still chucking when a whistle snapped us back to reality , " shit guys c'mon it's the final whistle ! " Dinah said quickly running towards the lake house and we all followed her closely behind .

We met up with Normani then sat on our bench , the counsellors told us we have the rest of the day free , and that the chosen leaders ; in our group's case was me , should show the new girls in the group around the camp while all the other girls should prepare what was needed for the fire dinner tonight . Camila and I were sitting next to each other , and weirdly enough we got along really well and joked every now and then .

After the meeting Dinah , Ally and Normani all headed to gather some wood leaving me alone with Camila after continuously teasing the both of us , of course Dinah and Ally having filled up Normani with the situation they started earlier .

I was walking with Camila in comfortable silence to the recording cabins when she spoke up " I'm sorry about earlier , I really didn't mean to offend you or anything , I would've probably said yes if the conversation was actually serious " Her voice started a protest of nervous nerves in my body , she seemed quite nervous too in fact , which I guess made me feel more comfortable , " so you're saying that you would actually go on a date with me ? " I looked at her and arched my eyebrow , she quickly looked down before looking toward the direction we were walking to " wow is this the recording studio ? " her eyes were wide and she looked at the cabin with amazement , " it's the recording cabin , but I guess you can call it studio if you want to .. " I almost whispered unnecessarily and losing my voice instantly when she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the cabin.

After what seemed like a hour of Camila gawking adorable at the ' recording studio ' we both sat at the edge of the dock waiting for the sun to set , I swung my legs back and forth the tip of my trainers almost touching the lake water , " so you never really answered my question , " I tried to say confidently " Hm ?" Camila asked , being previously distracted by her own thoughts , " you never really answered my question , yknow the , uh , date one .. " I said gulping nervously when i saw realization written across her face , " are you asking me on a date ? " she said leaning forward and smirking , I edged backwards slightly " uh , no I'm just wondering " I said quickly , she pouted mockingly making my heart beats increase rapidly , " shame , I would've given you a shot " , I couldn't hide the shock in my face when she said it ," really ? " I asked , maybe over enthusiastically which made me want to slam my head against a wall three times , she just gave me a pointed look and thankfully didn't say anything about it .

A few silent moments passed when her voice filled the air around us again , " I don't even know your last name " she said with a sigh , " Jauregui " I said , with a bit of Spanish accent , " Cabello " she said , I thought I heard a Cuban accent but before I could ask about it she answered knowing what I'm going to ask " yes I'm not fully American " , "that makes the both of us, so now you know my last name & that I'm not completely American, what's the next step ?" I asked , gaining confidence when I saw her smiling , " you're really taking this seriously huh ? Well I guess there are a lot of things I don't know about you " she said thoughtfully , " I'm sure that could be solved" I replied before silence surrounded us as we watched the sunset .

The river was a natural mirror the the actual sunset , everything was doubled , which made everything twice as breathtaking , you could hear the faint chirps of the birds hidden in the trees and the grasshoppers between the bushes .

Subconsciously I moved my hand that was resting on the deck a bit closer to Camila's , my pinky overlapping hers , I looked down at our barely intertwined fingers and then looked back at Camila , who had a gorgeous smile on her face , her beauty seemed to be tripled with the colors of the sunset reflecting off her skin . My stomach flipped rapidly when her eyes met mine and a very uneven beat ran through my body . I smiled warily of how close we are and sighed " c'mon we've got to go before it gets too dark , " I said getting up and offering her my hand , she looked up at me then at my hand , she took it and pushed herself off the deck , " thanks" she said with a kind smile and we started walking back to the cabin through the woods " so how many groups are their exactly? " she asked curiously , while jumping over a log , " there are 3 stages in this in this camp, our stage has 7 groups , which makes us a total of 35 . There's a black group , a blue group , a green group which is us , a grey group , a pink group , a purple group and an orange group . " I explained , " you don't have to worry about the other groups, you only see them during the meals , big hikes and of course the final performance , but even then each group sticks together " I continued explaining , " so you don't have any friends in other groups ? " she asked , I was glad she was keeping the normal conversation going because I wouldn't know what to talk about in all honesty , I would've probably made a huge full out of myself trying to impress her , but from what I've seen before she wouldn't judge me , she would actually laugh which kind of makes it all worth it .

" well, we do have a few friends , the black group that Normani was sitting with earlier are really cool with us ; Bea , Lara and Celine especially. They come hang out with us often. In the orange group I've made a couple of friends , Alexa and Lucy . Ally has met a few from the pink group when she goes to the small church here a few kilometers away , they're called Sandra and Marielle , the rest of the groups are really cool , we get along with all of them except the blue group . They're bad news , so stay away from them , but if any of them do anything to you just let me know and I'll deal with it , alright ? " by the time I was done explaining we were both sitting across from each other on the stairs that lead to our cabin , Camila was looking at me and listening to me intently throughout , which really made me feel appreciated , I mean the girls do listen to me but Camila seemed so interested , like what I could say could give her the answers to everything .

We heard leaves crunching beneath footsteps and turned to see Dinah , Ally and Normani approaching us they all had smirks on their face when they saw me and Camila, "so it looks like you took that date thing seriously huh ?" Ally said grinning u

mischievously at me , I rolled my eyes at the comment but smiled to say the least , " So Mila , how was your date ? Was it better than the others ? " Camila laughed at how Dinah actually seemed curious , " well firstly , it wasn't a date " Camila said , if it were coming from anyone else I think I would've been hurt a little , but the way Camila said it was like she wouldn't mind it being considered as a date , " and secondly , it's not like I've been on other dates to compare this one to it " at that comment my eyes turned quickly to Camila " what ? You've never been on a date before ? " I asked failing at hiding my surprise , Camila look taken back by my reply but masked her face with a smile " don't say it like it's a bad thing " she said , and I couldn't miss the slight hint of insecurity in her voice , " no , not at all, it's just a girl like you , I mean .. " I slowly stopped talking to stop myself from going into a stuttering ramble and chuckled nervous when Camila was smiling genuinely at me from ear to ear , " looks like the pressure in already on Jauregui " Normani said laughing , it was true , I did start getting nervous , but it's not like I was planning on taking her on a date ..Okay maybe I thought about it a little . I shook my head to stop my train of thoughts , " when does the dinner start ?" Camila asked , prying me from my own little world , i looked down at my sports watch " in fifteen minutes, we better get going , just wait a minute I need to get my hoodie " I went inside to get my white hoodie and whistle that was assigned to every leader , guessing mine was placed on my bed while I was showing Camila around so with that said and done we all headed by the camp fire , it was close to the lake , which made the atmosphere a bit cooler than it should be .

It was past midnight and it was getting a bit too cold for a summer night , everyone was heading back to their cabins except us ; the green group and the black group . Bea was strumming her guitar while Ally was singing her version of Hallelujah , the rest of were sitting around the fire roasting s'mores.

A gush of cold wind swept over us and I felt Camila , who was sitting next to me through out the camp fire , visibly shiver as she scooted a bit closer to me , I turned to her and smirked cockily " need some body heat?" I grinned at the blush that settled on her cheeks , she glared playfully at me " ha ha " she forced out , I slowly took off my hoodie that had " LEADER " printed in the back with black right above my initials " LJ " , I held the hoodie open for her to slip her arms in the sleeves , she did , an endearing smile making it's way on to her lips , I zipped up the hoodie when it enclosed her body and i slowly moved closer to Camila draping my arm around her waist , she hesitantly rested her head on my shoulder but relaxed when I pulled her closer .

" Lauren ? " she asked , her voice soft

" hmm " I hummed

" Thank you " she said , I felt the back of her hand resting against the palm of my hand that was by her hips , I intertwined my fingers into hers when she slowly rested our intertwined hands on her thigh .

Was it weird that I felt a warmth take over my body ? The warmth that settles comfortably in your chest , almost like a shield , something that keeps you content .

What I didn't know was it could turn into happiness .

---

Two weeks later the whole group was at the climbing course to prepare for the annual competition that was held at the end of every month , it wasn't as serious at the band competition but it was entertaining. And we got prizes .

We were at the the wooden bridge , that had almost a meter between each and every wooden board , every one was ahead except Camila who was having trouble being as clumsy as she was how couldn't she have trouble with something that depended on your body balance .

The bridge was pretty long and it stretched between two mountains , beneath it was a river , where we usually canoe .

Since I was the group leader I was responsible of helping her of course I didn't mind but the competitive side of me was a little disappointed even though it was just practice . Camila was struggling to step on the wooden board ahead of her , "Camila, look at me" she looked up and she was like a dear in headlights , her breathing was heavy and her eyes were wide , I stepped on the board that she was trying to reach and placed my hands on top of hers which had a death grip on the rails , " look at my eyes, okay ? Don't look down , look at me " trying to distract her from the fact I was trying to step on the board she was I started talking to her in order for her to keep her eyes on mine , "I've written a new song , and I also filled the sheet music with the guitar chords , and I was wondering if you could help me out with them ? " I asked as I slowly placed my right foot between both of hers , and then my left foot by her right ," yeah sure " she answered hurriedly , I took the opportunity and shifted my body weight on the board with my leg causing the board to shake slightly , " LAUREN " Camila shrieked her hands losing grip and it found her wrap her arms around my waist in a death grip ,making my heart beat hard against my chest , " are you crazy ?! " she screamed her pitch high which made me laugh , and let me say she wasn't impressed .

I decided to take another approach since she was freaking out of her mind , I looked down at her holding on to me for dear life, the feeling of her body against mine wasn't making it easy for me to keep my cool either but I had to seem collected for her .

" I've got you , okay ? Don't worry . " I breathed out slowly when she looked up at me , her eyes traveling from my eyes down to my lips making my breath hitch.

" we've got to keep going, " I said slowly feeling a sting in my chest when I saw the disappointment etched on her face .

"MIKAAAAWWW" I turned to the source of the sound when I saw three eagles almost flying between us , I lost my balance trying to hold Camila when I felt the board slip between my feet " I held on to the string that held the board and rail together . I looked down at the heaviness grasping on my ankle when I saw a panicky camila holding onto my leg with both her hands , if I thought her grip on the rails was a death grip I was clearly wrong , I could almost feel my blood not reaching my feet , Camila was looking up at me ,her own panic washing over my body.

Maintaining my grip on the string and headboard i took a lungful of air and yelled "NORMAAANI" I couldn't see them at the other side of the bridge , my palms were starting to sweat and I was slowly losing my grip , i looked down at Camila , her hands were almost by my socks now and I could see the beads of sweat trickle across her face , " Camila , listen to me , you need to listen to me okay ? And you have to trust me" she didn't say anything but I kept going, i could barely hold on an longer and my stomach dropped , " we need to jump " I said trying to sound as assure as possible , being panicked won't help me neither will it help Camila .

The river wasn't flowing so hard but so I'm sure it wasn't dangerous , we just had to make sure that we don't land horizontally otherwise we will end up I'm a hospital bed , I thanked god that I actually was listening in the leader briefing a few days earlier .

I felt my left hand slip of the wooden board and the sudden rush of adrenaline gave me the strength to take a hold of another string with my left hand .

I hugged in relief when I could finally hold my body and Camila's in a stable manner . I looked back at Camila who was losing her grip on my ankle " Camila ? " I yelled out she looked up trouble lacing every manner of her body , " when I count to three you jump I'll jump right after you swim away , don't panic under the water just go with the flow of the river , if you can get a hold of a rock on the bed of the bridge swim to it and sit on top of it , I'll come and find you , okay ? " she nodded her head frantically and put on a brave face , " it'll be okay , I promise " i said sincerely when I saw the slight hesitance in her determined eyes .

" One ..

Two ...

Three! "

I couldn't feel the grip on my ankle anymore I looked down to see Camila's body just make contact with water , my heart beat was slowly rising and I felt panic come over me when I didn't see Camila come back to the surface of the water " CABELLO " i yelled my throat aching , my heart dropped when my eyes never found what they were looking for, my eyes roamed frantically around the river but I saw nothing . Tears started prickling in my eyes , and my chest tightened around my heart , " CAMILA " I yelled desperately , but heard and saw nothing .

I quickly let go of the strings and with a flip I dove head straight into the water in order to look for Camila underwater , the water surrounded me completely and the pull of tide was dragging me away , I turned and my eyes searched everywhere for anything , but I saw nothing . My lungs were screaming for air when I decided to go back to the surface for a lungful of air , but as soon as I reached the surface of the water I felt a wave wash over me and pull me down , I stroked my arms with all the power I had but the tide was full of force , I tried to go back to the surface of water once again and could only take in one breath of air before I was pulled down again by the water , by now my strength was worn away and the lack of oxygen was causing everywhere around me to blur , I still couldn't find Camila or see anything that resembled the green shirt of our group , I felt my heart clench onto itself and my mind was screaming , I was trying to push myself back onto the surface when I felt something tugging on the back of my shirt , opening my mouth to protest the river water evaded into my mouth , I tried my best to let it out but it was no use , the force pulling me was stronger and I couldn't find any strength left in me .

Everything seemed hazy , but I felt my back clash hard against something damp and hard , " lauren " I hear a very distant voice scream , I feel pressure on my lips and everything becomes clear again when I start choking on water , I cough out with everything in me when I feel the heat of the sun against my skin , I felt a pair of hands on me and look up to Camila , " Camila ? Where were you ?! I was worried sick " I yelled , choking no longer on lake water but on my own fresh tears I wrap her into my arms quickly , and all the panic I held in earlier was free , and my body was shaking when I felt Camila untangle herself from me and engulf my body into her , she started rubbing circles on my back and whispering sweet nothing's into my ear. The panic from my body was gone and now she was just rocking me in her arms softly .

It was quiet , I could hear the river mocking me as it crashed against the rocks and the birds praising me when they were soaring through the sky , it was serene . I felt Camila whispering against my neck , and my breath hitched right in place . The words she said repeating in my head and my heart beating wildly against my chest .

" there goes my first kiss "

[a/n] I suck at fluffy one shots but here you go 😁 I've already got their first date planned out , and I'm going to write it when I get home , I'll post it as soon as this gets 15 votes , so the more votes this gets the faster you get an update , have a nice day ! Xx also feedback is always appreciated . Do you want me to write one shots this long ? Or shorter ? More detailed ? Just till me up and I'll try my best to improve , thank you a lot 🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.3K 2K 15
A collection of Camren fluff one shots from idea prompts I find...
383 18 1
Camren story based on a few Hannah Montana songs
22.5K 482 25
472K 6.8K 7
A collection of original Camren & Norminah one shots (plot-heavy STEAMY stories). **PLEASE DO NOT COPY/REPOST/REPRODUCE MY WORK. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...