Control

By To_be_free_

(YN) Fenikkusu is a small, relatively weak girl. Despite her size, she makes up for it in speed and sheer wil... More

Please Stop
Broken Family
The Mask
Lord Kazekage
Childish Banter
Without You
A/N I got tagged
A New Beginning
Blue Bird
Bad Books and Mochi
The Boisterous Savior
Author's Note
Attempted Destruction
Forced Agreements
Downpour
Graduation
A Celebration
The Unusual Team
Bells and Shuriken Part 1
Bells and Shuriken Part 2
Bad Things
Troublesome
Important A/N
Vexation
The Rogue Ninja
Tea of Awkwardness
The Art of Chakra Control
Out Cold
A Lesson On Fate
Red Heads
Laughter
The Struggle
Heaven and Earth
The Danger of Mercy
I have returned
A Painful Realization
Snake Eyes
Another Challenge
A Half-Truth
Reckless
A Guilty Conscience
The Truth
Beneath the Clouds
A Bad Reaction
Monster

Chakra Strings

1.6K 57 34
By To_be_free_

"Hey (YN)! We're going out to Ichiraku ramen to celebrate passing the first exam, wanna come?" Naruto asked excitedly as the two of you walked out of the academy with your teams.

"Yea all three of you should come, it'll be fun." Sakura added with a smile.

"Sure! Sounds like fun." You grinned as Kurai and Razan nodded in agreement with you.

"Hey Sasuke, are you coming too?" You then asked looking towards the male who had been silent thus far.

He glanced towards you in acknowledgment before looking past you at something. Following his gaze you saw a tall figure walking towards all of you. As the figure got closer you recognized them as your uncle Gyo.

"Ah I'm sorry guys but (YN) can't go out to dinner with you all tonight. I already had plans to train with her after the first exam was over." Your uncle Gyo said coming to stand in front of all of you.

'I don't remember that...' You frowned in thought as Naruto huffed in irritation at your uncle.

"That makes no sense! Why would you even want to train now? It's getting late." Naruto complained.

"It's only 5:00 pm Naruto." Your uncle sighed as he turned his attention to you.

"Don't you remember me telling you this morning that we were suppose to train after the exam?"

You frowned at this, searching your brain for any such memory. Your eyes then widened as the memory came rushing back.

"Oh yea! I remember now! I forgot haha." You laughed in embarrassment as Naruto turned towards you.

"But what about going out for ramen?"

You frowned at the disappointed tone in Naruto's voice as he looked off to the side with a frown.

"Hey it's okay Naruto. You and I can always have ramen together some other time." You offered trying to make Naruto feel better.

"So like a date?" Naruto asked perking up.

You stopped at this, mildly shocked by his words as you opened your mouth to respond. You were abruptly cut off though by an irritated individual.

"Idiot, she meant as friends." Sasuke said flatly while your uncle frowned deeply at Naruto.

"Huh?! How do you know she meant that?!"

"She wouldn't date someone like you. That's how I know." Sasuke stated with narrowed eyes.

"Oh yea?! And you think she'd date a jerk like you?!" Naruto growled out as he glared back at Sasuke.

Your uncle sighed in annoyance at this as he roughly smacked their heads together.

"Stop fighting. It doesn't matter if she'd date either of you or not because she's not allowed to date. She's still too young for that kind of stuff." Your uncle said firmly while Naruto and Sasuke rubbed their pained foreheads. Meanwhile you and your teammates were just staring at their exchange with wide eyes.

"Tch...I never said anything about me dating..." Sasuke glowered before walking off with his hands in his pockets. Naruto on the other hand was grumbling and complaining about how annoying your uncle was.

Your uncle simply ignored him though and turned his attention towards you.

"Right, sorry about that but they were wasting time that should have been spent on walking. We only have about 20 minutes to get to the third training ground now." Your uncle explained.

"O-oh uh okay..." You said somewhat awkwardly trying to brush off what had just happened as you turned towards your friends.

"Well see you tomorrow guys." You said with a small wave.

"See you later."

"Bye."

"See yuh tomorrow!"

You smiled at this while waving at all of them one last time before walking off with your uncle.

"So why do we have to be at the training grounds in 20 minutes?" You asked glancing towards your uncle.

"Well as you know, a few days ago I asked Hiashi if he would take a look at your necklace and he finally said yes but the only time he was available was today at 5:30 in the evening." Your uncle explained turning down a street with you in tow.

"Since it's about 5:15 now we only have about 15 minutes to get there."

You nodded at this, picking up your pace to match your uncle's fast paced steps. You assumed he was walking so fast because he didn't want to be late.

"Did you say anything about how my necklace was made to him?" You asked voicing one of your concerns that had suddenly popped into your head.

"No. But it's likely he'll start asking about it...You don't have to tell him anything but I think it would be best if you did. In the long wrong it will be better if you do, and Hiashi can spot a lie anywhere so it's useless to lie if he starts asking."

You slowly nodded at this, an anxious feeling bubbling in the pit of your stomach.

"Hey don't worry, it will be okay and besides I'll be there to help you explain it to him if need be." Your uncle smiled reassuringly. You smiled back at this even though you knew he couldn't actually see your smile.

"Now let's pick up the pace. I don't want to be late." Your uncle added, his brisk walk turning into a jog.

Following his example you began jogging with him the rest of the way to the training grounds. Once reaching the training grounds you noticed Hiashi and another person standing in the middle of the training area.

"Uncle Gyo I thought you said you only invited Hiashi." You mumbled, slowing your pace down to a complete stop.

"I did only invite him...it seems he allowed someone else to accompany him though." Uncle Gyo sighed seeming irritated by this.

"Wait here. I'll settle this." Gyo added before walking over to Hiashi and the other person.

You simply nodded, watching as your uncle and Hiashi began talking. Squinting your eyes slightly you finally realized who the other person was. It was Neji.

'What's Neji doing here with Hiashi? I mean from what I've noticed Neji and Hiashi don't seem to have the best relationship.' You frowned in thought as your uncle walked back towards you.

"I'm sorry. I tried to explain to Hiashi how he was suppose to be the only other person here but he said Neji found out and insisted on coming along so he let him." Your uncle sighed while scratching his neck.

"I'd say we could do this some other time but it can't wait. Hiashi won't be available for weeks and I'm leaving for another mission tomorrow...I'm sorry (YN)."

You frowned at this as the anxious feeling in your stomach came back full force. You didn't want Neji or any of your other friends for that matter learning about your past. You were afraid they would abandon you if they knew. Which was why you had worked so hard on avoiding any conversations about your past all this years.

"(YN), relax okay?" Your uncle said breaking you out of your thoughts as he placed his hand on your shoulder.

"I know you're probably afraid of any other friends finding out, especially after what happened with Itachi but you have to face your fears eventually...you can't hide your past forever." Your uncle said making eye contact with you.

"Be brave." Your uncle added lightly squeezing your shoulder.

You gulped at your uncle's words. He was right, you needed to be brave. You couldn't hide it from everyone forever. Taking a deep breath you hesitantly nodded, slowly following behind your uncle.

Once reaching Hiashi and Neji you greeted both of them before your uncle began explaining what he wanted Hiashi to do.

"Okay...So after you put her necklace on you want me to activate my byakugan and observe what happens with her chakra when you start commanding her to do things?" Hiashi asked seeming a bit unsure of the strange request.

"Right." Your uncle smiled as you nodded in agreement with him. You hadn't said much so far. You had just been staring off into space trying to distract yourself as your uncle explained what you would be doing. Removing your eyes from the grass you had been vacantly watching you looked up at Neji who had silently been observing you.

Neji's P.O.V.

'Something's off with (YN). She's hardly said anything this whole time which is really unusual for her.' I thought observing the (HC) haired girl as she looked away from me and to her uncle who was asking for her necklace.

'What's the deal with that thing.' I frowned watching as (YN) handed her necklace over to her uncle. He took the necklace from her and put it on before directing her over to a spot that was about ten feet away from him.

"Alright (YN) I want you to go over there, okay?" Gyo said and (YN) nodded before walking over to the place he had directed her to stand.

"Hey Neji, since you decided to come along with Hiashi would you mind doing something for me?" Gyo asked turning towards me.

"What is it?" I asked moving my eyes from (YN)'s form and up to her uncle.

"This might seem like an odd request, but could you go over there and spar with (YN) for me?"

My eyes narrowed slightly at his unusual request as I tried to understand the reasoning behind it. Unable to come to a solid conclusion on it I finally relented with a sigh.

"I don't see the point but I'll do it...I would like an explanation for it though."

"It's a bit hard to explain now but while you're sparring I'm sure you'll catch onto it." (YN)'s uncle said with a grin.

I gave him a skeptical look before making my way over to (YN) who had silently been watching. I nodded in greeting as she gave me a halfhearted wave.

"So I guess we finally get to spar together again." (YN) said looking up at me.

"It would seem so." I said glancing towards (YN)'s uncle as he shouted for us to begin our fight. As soon as his words left his lips (YN) lunged towards me as if possessed by some unseen force.

Confused I swiftly dodged preparing to hit her in the side with my hand. As I brought my arm down on her side I heard (YN)'s uncle shout out to her at the last second.

"Block him with your left arm!" He shouted and (YN) immediately did what he said without hesitation.

Utterly confused by how quickly she had blocked my arm I barely noticed as her uncle shouted out another command.

"Right kick to his side!" He shouted and (YN) immediately swung her right leg towards me.

Growing even more confused I caught her leg mid kick as her uncle shouted another command.

"Quick! Use your Fireball jutsu!"

(YN) immediately began weaving hand signs at his words at a much faster rate than I had ever seen her do before.

'What's happening? She's never been able to do them that fast before.' I frowned jumping back as a large ball of swirling blue fire flew towards me.

As the fire went past me I looked back to where (YN) had been standing only to find she was no longer there. Activating my byakugan I swiftly dodged (YN) who had come up behind me when I was distracted by her fire jutsu.

As I turned towards her my eyes widen at what I saw with my byakugan. Her once blue chakra was overshadowed by red chakra. The red chakra was all over her body and strings of it were flowing off towards something. Following the trail of red chakra strings I found that they were coming from (YN)'s necklace that was around her uncle's neck.

'What is this? It's like that red chakra is controlling her...' I frowned as Gyo once again shouted out another command to (YN).

"Left kick followed by a punch anywhere of your choice!"

As soon as these words left Gyo's lips the red chakra pulsed as her entire left leg became engulfed in the red chakra that was invisible to the naked eye. Blocking (YN)'s kick, I watched as her arm closest to me also became engulfed in the red chakra as she attempted to punch me. I caught her punch with my hand and shoved her back.

She stumbled back a few paces as soft pants escaped her mouth. As she calmed her irregular breathing she slowly looked up at me. She looked to be getting ready to say something but stopped as her uncle unknowingly cut her off.

"Alright I think that's enough for the time being. You can both come back over here now."

Nodding (YN) and I walked over to her uncle and Hiashi who were now conversing with each other. Even before we were actually close to them we could here their conversation.

"So Hiashi, did you see anything while the two of them were sparring?" Gyo questioned as the two of us came to stand beside them.

"Yes, I did see something...it was rather unusual. Neji, did you see anything?"

"I didn't at first, but when I finally activated my byakugan I saw this red chakra overshadowing (YN)'s chakra. From what I gathered the red chakra appeared to be coming from her necklace." I explained glancing to the necklace that was still around her uncle's neck.

"Hm that's what I saw as well...it's like the red chakra from that necklace was controlling her." Hiashi said as he too looked at the necklace.

"So my hypothesis was correct then." Gyo said as he took the necklace off and handed it to (YN). Said girl took the necklace and put it around her neck. Out of curiosity I activated my byakugan to see that the red chakra around (YN) was gone and the red chakra in her necklace was now blue.

'Interesting...' I thought deactivating my byakugan as (YN) made eye contact with me.

"Did you see something else with your byakugan?" (YN) piped up curiously causing Gyo and Hiashi to turn towards me.

"Yes, when you put the necklace back on the red chakra disappeared and the red chakra in the necklace turned blue." I explained causing (YN) to look down at her necklace in curiosity as Gyo began taking.

"Interesting...that must mean that the red chakra that controls your actions is only activated when someone else has the necklace." Gyo said looking to (YN) as she tucked the necklace beneath her shirt.

"So in other words that necklace can control her?" I said flatly not liking the idea that a piece of jewelry could literally take away (YN)'s willpower. Granted (YN) and I had a rocky start and didn't always see eye to eye on things but no one should have their willpower taken away. It's cruel...and I knew how it felt to not always be in control of yourself.

With that thought I glanced towards (YN) as a sudden question came to mind.

"That necklace...how did it come to be?"

(YN) visibly stiffened at my question as she looked to her uncle with an uncertain look in her eyes. He smiled down at her reassuringly and gave her shoulder a gentle pat.

"Hey relax. It'll be okay and besides, it's like I said earlier, I'll help you explain it."

Third Person P.O.V.

After Gyo said these words he and (YN) began to explain how her father, Nigai created the necklace and his supposed purpose for doing so. The explanation started out fine but sadly it had to involve another recap of (YN)'s past.

Once it was all said and done though it was better that she shared her past in the explanation. It allowed a clearer picture of how the necklace was made and left no room for distrust. The only problem though was that someone was listening in on the conversation.

This person was well hidden within one of the trees around the training grounds and was virtually invisible to the conversing individuals. If they hadn't of been so into their conversation though they might have noticed the person...

The person didn't originally plan on eavesdropping though, in fact they had only come here to get in a bit of extra training but when they heard a familiar name being said they had stopped to listen.

As they listened to the conversation a slow smirk crawled onto their face as they realized that name did in fact belong to the person they were thinking of. The smirk only grew wider as the conversation ended and the four conversing individuals departed the training grounds.

The eavesdropper then hopped to the shaded ground beneath the trees; silently watching the figures as they completely disappeared from sight.

"I never knew you had such a tragic past (YN)..." The person murmured, their eyes narrowing into a sharp glare at the mention of the girl.

"In fact, you almost make it seem like you're the victim."

A/N

Hey guys! Say, who do you think overheard their conversation? I'm curious to see what you guys think. ^v^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 120 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...
396K 11.3K 38
Ikeri Uchiha is the daughter of Itachi Uchiha and Amiki Uchiha. She was born 4 years before the Uchiha Massacre. Her mother, Amiki died during her bi...
685K 30.3K 196
Everything was normal, until you met him. [Name] [last name], an innocent young girl who has been raised in a quite and distant little small village...
64.7K 1.6K 50
(y/n) is one of the S-rank shinobi. She is a member of Izumi clan. The clan was an elite clan in konoha. In the academy, she met a boy named Uchiha...