His Alpha Female

By felisidy901

"Life is like a food chain, people will do anything to rise to the top. Lie, steal, cheat, and even go as far... More

Prolouge
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-26-
-27-
-28-

-25-

10.4K 324 85
By felisidy901

The week flew by, and before I knew it Friday was upon us. Between Brinn and her family coming to visit and me meeting with Josh, a lot was going on today.

I stood in front of the full length mirror and shrugged. Not quite feeling my choice of clothing, but too lazy to reconsider my options. I wore light skinny jeans and a navy blue sweater. That's all my closet consisted of these days, despite the spring months peeking in, the cold didn't subside. I slid on my tan parka and brown snow boots then headed out the door.

I walked into the kitchen to find Owen making himself a cup of coffee. He did that thing where he sensed me without even looking up, it was...typical Alpha male behavior. Always being one step ahead of everyone. Totally weird I know, but I was beginning to catch on to the little things he did, and in a way appreciate them.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked, his eyes shifting up to mine. There goes that intense stare again...

"Good." I walked past him and opened the fridge to grabbed the lunch Jill had packed for me. His mom was the kindest soul, she still insisted on making me lunch every morning.

"Dinner at my parent's tonight." He reminded me as he placed my medicine and a bottle of water in my hand.

I wonder if his father was going to be there. It was no secret he saw me as a threat and incompetent of fulfilling my job as alpha female. I can't say I blame him, but this wasn't my ideal life path, it was faith's...

"Okay." I took my medicine then grabbed a pop tart from the pantry.

He grabbed my hand then gave it a squeeze, his eyes meeting mine. "Relax."

I took a deep breath and nodded, "I'll try." Releasing my hand he nodded his approval.

I mean it can't be too bad, I've had dinner with his parents before. But just thinking about his father's disapproving stare sends shivers down my back.

***

"Hey guys I'm having a party tonight, y'all should come." Thomas announced as he entered the room.

"Yeah I'm down!" Esther said excitedly as I buy into my sandwich.

Their eyes drifted to mine, waiting for my answer. "I having dinner with Owen's family."

Thomas shrugged. "Come after, party doesn't start until 12."

"Yeah you can get ready at my house." Esther added.

"What about your parent's?" I asked Thomas.

"I live with my older brother and he's out of town visiting family."

Against my better judgement I agreed. "Fine."

My thoughts quickly drifted to Owen. What would he think? He'd probably be completely against it.

"What do I tell Owen?" I asked.

Esther chuckled, "Nothing, just say you're sleeping over at my place. You are so it's technically not a lie."

"You gotta learn how to finesse." Thomas said with a smile.

Esther rolled her eyes then shook her head. "Let's finish this homework before the bell rings."

***

"So what's the verdict?" I asked Josh as he studied my file for a few minutes.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little anxious. I had waited in the waiting room for a good 45 minutes before Josh would see me and it only made my nerves worse. All in all I just wanted to get this over with and put it behind me for good.

He scratched his head with an uneasy look. "You test results came back inconclusive...we can run them again"

Shaking my head I got up to stand. "Don't bother, like I said my dad is a warrior and my mom was an omega. Please just leave it alone." He sighed then nodded.

I left the office with my hands in my pockets. I didn't like people digging in places they had no business, it made me feel uneasy.

I got into the car and started it up. While I waited for the car to heat up my phone buzzed. I look my phone and unlocked it.

Dalton:
Be ready.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What does that even mean?" I said aloud.

Getting annoyed I decided to dial his number. The line rung twice before it went to his voicemail. I rested my head against the steering wheel and groaned. My eyes drifted to the time and I realized I was late for dinner at Owen's parent's house.

I shifted the car in reverse then went on my way.

Jill let me in with a smile. "Glad you could make it, we were starting to get worried." She said as we walked down the hallway.

"Sorry, I lost track of time." She shook her head. "No problem hun, it happens."

Everyone was seated around the table chatting when we entered the room. I took that opportunity to sit down next to Owen. His eyes landed on me as I nervously squirmed in my seat. "Okay you guys can eat now."

Brinn shot me a smile before she began making Nara and Kohl's plate.

After the food was fully passed around and our plates were made we ate and talked amongst each other. Brinn and I had our own conversation most of dinner. She made me laugh a few times and I enjoyed getting to know her better.

"Dude yes! I didn't have her as a teacher but everyone would always talk about how much of a bitch she was." Titus growled and glared down as the swear left her mouth. I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"What?"

"Khol and Nara are sitting right next to you." She rolled her eyes. "They're doing their own thing."

I mean if you considered them arguing "doing their own thing" then I guess she was right.

Owen casually wrapped his hand around mine with a squeeze. I tried not to draw attention to it, but found myself smiling.

After dinner we drove my car back to the pack house. The whole drive my mind was racing on how to tell Owen. I mean what if he asked questions? I was definitely screwed. I was horrible at lying, which is why I hated doing it.

As we were approaching the house I decided now was the best time to tell him my plans. "I'm staying over at Esther's tonight."

His face dropped as he furrowed his brows. "Why?"

I squirmed uncomfortably as I thought of a way to get out of the question without lying. Because let's be honest, I suck at lying. "Why can't I spend the night at my friend's house?" I asked shifting the focus off of his question.

Got him!

His eyes went wide as he quickly explained himself. "N-no that's not what I meant. You can do whatever you want I just..." I rose my brow, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

He sighed then shook his head. "Never mind, it's fine."

My eyes cast downward as I realized what I had done. I just guilted him into letting me go to Esther's. It left a cold feeling in my chest.

***

I had allowed Esther to straighten my hair while I did my make up. I found myself thinking negatively of my recent decisions. Owen has been good to me and it just didn't feel right in my gut, something was off.  "I don't like keeping things from him."

Esther scoffed, "Honestly Parmus get a grip. Stop worrying and enjoy yourself." I sighed and nodded, maybe I was overthinking...I tended to do that a lot.

When Esther finished, I changed into a green long sleeve turtle neck and some black ripped jeans. I choose the comfortable route and went with my black high top vans.

Esther wore a cute long sleeve dress with high heeled  boots. Her hair curled in loose curls. "Fuck yeah I'm ready to get drunk?"

I shook my head as I ran the brush through my hair a few times. "Esther can I ask you a personal question?" I asked.

She checked her appearance in the full length mirror than joined me on the edge of the bed. "Yeah what's up?"

"Have you had sex before?" I blurted.

Her eyes went wide went wide with surprise and I immediately felt bad for asking. "Sorry that was too personal, you don't-"

She shook her head. "Yes, I have."

"But you haven't found your mate yet..." She rolled her eyes at my statement.

"Things are changing Parmus, nobody takes that 'wait for your mate' shit serious anymore...at least our generation doesn't." She said with a scoff.

"Were you scared...to do it?" She shook her head, "No not really, we both knew what we wanted." She looks out the window as she remembers a distant memory.

"Are you thinking about having sex with Alpha?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I'm definitely scared of what will happen after..."

"Oh yeah mating is intense dude, but I heard the sex is amazing!" I rolled my eyes, throwing a pillow at her. Our giggles filled the room.

"You ready to go?" I nodded.

We grabbed a few things then headed towards the car.

The music from the part was so loud, I was surprised no one around had busted it yet. I kind of made me uneasy. What if we got caught? What would Owen think? What would I do?

"Hey Parmus!" Thomas slurred. I wasn't a heavy drinker, but I wasn't new to the game.

"I can't believe you're already drunk." Esther scoffed.

"Oh shut up and let's have shots." He gave us both a shot, including himself. We clinked our shots together then downed the burning liquor.

I made a sour face as I shook my head. Yup exactly how I remembered...gross.

We kept getting stared in our direction, what made it even more uncomfortable was the fact that I knew they were staring at me in particular. It probably looked weird to see their future Luna out drinking. I hadn't quite accepted the title yet...and they all knew it. I was in no position to lead.

The 3 of us partied together all night. By 2 AM I had forgotten how many shots we took after 3 but I knew I was definitely drunk as everything began to start moving slower. At one point Esther and Thomas were full on making out so I made my way outside to get some fresh air.

Leaning my back against the pillar I pulled out my phone. My eyes squinted as I read the notifications. 2 text messages from Owen...

Owen:
Hey, I it's kind of weird with you not being here lol. I hope all is well.

Owen:
Okay I didn't word that well. What I mean is that I miss you.

I giggled at his little confession and typed a reply.

Me:
Aw, you're so cute! I miss you too.

I instantly face palmed myself after I pressed send. "You're so cute? Really Parmus?"

Owen:
Cute is for puppies. Why are you up so late?

I shook my head, I should've never responded.

Esther walked outside and grabbed my hand. "Let's go." She said as she pulled my arm.

"Okay what's wrong?"

She shook her head, letting me know she didn't want to talk about it.

***

I laid in Esther's bed staring at the ceiling, everything spinning around me. I felt the headache coming already.

Esther rolled over and stared at the ceiling with me. "It was Thomas."

I turned my head to face her with a questioning look. "I had sex with Thomas 2 years ago. I thought it was going to be a one time thing but it continued over the years."

I nodded, I wasn't that surprised if I'm being honest. The chemistry was definitely there between the two.

"Like an idiot, I made the mistake of catching feelings."

I grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "I hate the whole mate thing! Its not fair that some imaginary bitch gets to choose who we 'belong' to!"

She stood up and began pacing the room. "It's quite sexist if you ask me!" Although I didn't believe in her views I understood them.

I sat up and brought my knees to my chest. "He doesn't want to fuck up the system. He's scared if he marks me we'll regret it if our mates pop up and fall out of love with each other. So that Parmus, is why we pretend to be friends." She ran her hands through her hair as she sighed.

"I don't know what to say..." I admitted.

"Neither do I." She got back into the bed and turned away from me.

***

Guys I'm so sorry! There's no excuse for how long this took to get out. :(

Song:
Mountains~ Message to bears

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
65K 2.3K 20
Mark is the alpha of the intelligence pack. He was raised by the power pack and when other packs realized the need for a smarter pack, they all turn...
814 34 30
Following on from the Alpha's Daughter. We continue our story from the point of view of Alpha Alex's second beta Max, a young seventeen year old he...
197K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...