Merciful - TVD [2]

By arios2004

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." TVD - Seasons 3 + 4 More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
SEASON FOUR
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

11

7K 213 43
By arios2004

In the tunnels that were connected to the Lockwood Cellar, Elena and Alaric made their way through. Alaric shined his flashlight in front of him to make sure they were going the right way, "So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked Alaric curiously.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light." Alaric commented jokingly.

Elena's eyes widened when she heard his words, "Wait, what?"

Just then, Damon and Mallory secretly came up from behind her and whispered, "Elena!"

Once Elena heard her name being called, she quickly turned around, "Boo!" Damon said as Elena jumped in fright.

Elena gasped as she roughly hit him in the chest, "God, Damon!"

"You're such a scaredy-cat!" Mallory laughed at her as Alaric turned to face them with a content look, not bothering to seem fazed by Mallory and Damon's immaturity. It was totally unpredictable since he was used to it.

"Just ignore him. That's what I do." Alaric suggested and Elena sighed before looking back over at Damon and Mallory.

"So, you two really can't get in?" She asked them curiously.

Damon shook his head, "No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." He informed her as he walked past her and Elena gave him a confused look when Mallory did the same.

"What do you mean, ancient?" She asked as she turned her body around to face him again.

Damon gestured as he stared at Elena, "See for yourself."

The group walked further until they got to their set location in the tunnels, "Well, this is as far as we get to go." Mallory commented as Elena and Alaric entered the chamber that no vampires were allowed to enter.

Elena shined her flashlight forward to see numerous drawings carved into the walls, "What is all this?" She asked the three other confused.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story," Alaric explained as he pointed to a portion of the wall, "That right there, is the moon cycle. A man, a wolf."

Elena stared at the drawing closely before coming to a realization, "A werewolf." She announced.

"Yeah, it's the 'Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style.'" Damon remarked from his spot beside Mallory just outside the chamber.

Elena stared at the drawing one more time before looking back over at Alaric, "I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s." She asked him confused.

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric replied.

"How long?" Elena questioned curiously.

"Long," Damon answered, "It gets better. Show her, Ric."

Alaric placed his backpack down before walking over to another section of the drawing, "Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script."

"Vikings?" Elena asked as her eyes widened in shock.

Alaric shined his flashlight on two words that were right neat each other, "These names here, I translated them and it reads Niklaus."

"Klaus," Elena repeated quietly.

"And Elijah...and Rebekah." Alaric continued.

"These are the names of the Original Family?" Elena asked shocked.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter." Alaric added in and Elena was quick to shake her head in disbelief.

"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes." She argued.

"That's what I said." Damon agreed with and Alaric quickly looked over at the two before back at the wall.

"That could be true, except the last name up there made us all think otherwise," Mallory explained and Elena looked at her confused.

"What's the name?" Elena asked.

"Mikael."

"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?"

"Yep. I now like to call him 'Papa Original'." Damon commented.

____

After Damon and Mallory decided to free Stefan from his cell in the old Forbes' jail, the two of them walked in a bar with her brother.

Mallory quietly laughed as Damon hung up on a very annoyed Elena. The trio took a seat at the bar together, "So, what are we drinking?" Damon asked the two other vampires curiously.

"Maybe something a little warmer. A little blonder." Stefan stated, gesturing for a blonde bartender to walk over to them.

Mallory smirked, "I'm fine with that." She agreed with her brother.

The girl walked over with a smile and Damon was quick to greet her, "Hello," Damon said before looking down at her name tag, "Callie. I would love a shot of your best whiskey, and my brother and sister over here would love a shot of you."

Damon smirked at Stefan and Mallory as Callie held out her wrists for them to feed.

____

Country Music blasted through the bar as Damon danced on top of the bar counter with two random girls while both Stefan and Mallory fed on two girls right next to each other.

A girl walked by and stared at them in confusion. She was about to say something, but Damon sped over and began to compel her, "Nothing to see here. Just run along." He told her as he untied the bandanna around the girl's neck and stole it from her before she scurried off.

Damon grabbed Stefan by the shoulders and pulled him off the blonde girl, who was starting to lose consciousness. Mallory followed soon after without having to be told to by Damon and she began to compel the girl, "Forget this ever happened."

"Hey, Hey, Hey. Ease up. Ease up." Damon warned Stefan as the younger Salvatore brother wiped the blood from his mouth with his wrist, "She's giving the three of us her employee discount." Damon smiled at the girl as he wrapped the red bandanna around Callie's neck and tied it, "Now just run along."

Damon turned to face the two vampires with a smirk on his face before the three of them walk toward the bar, "Three more!" Damon called out to a random bartender.

Damon, Mallory, and Stefan walked over to the bar and took a seat on their chosen stools. Stefan took a seat in between Damon and Mallory.

"All right, time to fess us, Damon. What's the point of this random jailbreak?" Stefan asked his Salvatore brother curiously, dying to know why he let him out.

Damon patted Stefan on his arm, "I thought you could use a hug." He explained mockingly.

"Come on, Damon. You know Elena's gonna hate you for letting me out." Stefan replied as he picked up his glass of alcohol, "And we both know that you care about what she thinks, unlike our sister over here."

Both Mallory and Stefan clinked their shot glasses together before drinking them in one sip along with Damon.

"Maybe I wanted to remind you what freedom was like before Klaus took it from you," Damon suggested..

"As long as Klaus is alive, I do what he says," Stefan told his brother.

"That's Damon's point, Stefan," Mallory finally decided to speak up, "You've totally given up on everything. Now, you can sit around and be Klaus's little lap dog for the rest of your life as a vampire or you can get mad enough, and you can do something about it."

"Mallory, he can't be killed," Stefan reminded his sister.

"Maybe I can help you with that." A familiar voice said and Mallory's eyes widened when she looked to see it was Mikael.

"My God," Mallory muttered under her breath.

"You needn't worry, Miss Montague, I'm not here for you this time," He assured the girl before looking over at Stefan and Damon, "The Salvatore Boys, I presume."

Stefan straightened up when he saw him, "Mikael." He stated in a low tone.

___

"Has Klaus entered the country?" Mikael asked the group. Mallory stood silently, not saying a single word to the elder vampire.

"I can't tell you," Stefan replied without hesitation.

"Has he spoken to you since you left?" Mikael asked, not breaking eye contact with Stefan.

"I can't tell you that either," Stefan added in.

"All right," Mikael nodded his head, "Can you tell me the last time have spoken to Niklaus?"

Stefan shared a quick glance with both his older brother and Mallory, "I am compelled to do what he says. And Klaus says to keep my damn mouth shut." Stefan explained with attitude, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I really hope this game of twenty questions isn't your secret weapon," Damon commented and Mikael looked over at him.

Mikael stared at Damon for a moment before placing a hand in his shoulder, "You see, Damon, I've been a vampire hunter long than you've been alive. It's why I found you here. It's why I'm gonna find Niklaus." Mikael explained him and Mallory finally looked up at them, wondering what about to occur.

"Well, Klaus has been running for about a thousand years, so if you think you're gonna get a workaround he—" Before Mallory could finish his sentence, Mikael had plunged his hand into Mallory's chest, gripping onto his heart.

Mallory's eyes widened as she looked down at the hand plunging into her heart. Stefan was about to intervene, but Mikael was quick to stop him, "Careful, Stefan. One move, and your sister's heart's."

Stefan looked at Mikael nervously, "Now, where is Klaus?" Mikael asked again and Stefan looked from Mikael over to Mallory, "Come on. What's the trick question, Stefan?" Mikael encouraged him, "One twist and she's dead. Unless you don't care, of course."

Damon fearfully glanced between Mikael and Mallory, who was trying her hardest to keep still, "His emotions have been shut off. He can't care." Damon informed him quickly.

Mikael turned to look at Stefan with a slightly amused look, "His link to Klaus is so strong that he will let his only sister die? No ideas, hmm? Think, Stefan!" When Stefan didn't answer, Mikael sighed out, glancing at Damon before turning to look directly at Mallory, "I guess you're right, Damon. He's a dead end. And so are you, Mallory."

Just as Mikael was about to rip Mallory's heart out, Stefan quickly spoke up, "Wait! I can bring him back. I can lure Klaus back to Mystic Falls. Just don't hurt her."

Slowly, Mikael took his hand out of Damon's chest and wiped it off with a rag he took from the counter, causing Mallory to let out a break of relief as she fell against the bar counter, slowly healing, "And there is our loophole. Just had to rile him up a bit. Get Klaus back to Mystic Falls, and I will gladly drive a stake through his heart. Fail, I'll drive it through yours."

With that, Mikael left the bar and Damon quickly helped Mallory stand up while Stefan just stood there. Mallory lifted her head up and glared at Stefan, seeming angry about how long it took for him to give the information while her life was at stake.

______

Mallory entered the Salvatore House to find Rebekah kneeling on the ground in the middle of the parlor, sobbing. Mallory sighed, hesitant to walk over to Rebekah, but she couldn't help but feel bad for her. 

  Cautiously, Mallory walked over to stand in front of Rebekah, looking down at her, "Are you okay?" She asked her quietly and Rebekah slowly looked up her, tears streaming down her face.

"He killed her," Rebekah sobbed, "Nik killed our mother."

 Mallory knelt down next to Rebekah, giving the elder vampire a sympathetic. Mallory grabbed Rebekah's arms, pulling her in for a hug, "It's okay. It's okay. I'll help you get vengeance on him," She told Rebekah, feeling a bit guilty that she was technically manipulated Rebekah while she was in a distraught state to convince her to help them take them down Klaus.

 Rebekah wrapped her arms around Mallory, continuing to sob. Mallory shut her eyes, shaking her head. She already knew she was a horrible person, but she was doing at that moment was pretty low.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 14.3K 63
❝ You brought out a side of me I didn't even know I had ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [3x15 - TBA] cover credit; @argentsvogue
52.5K 1.4K 37
𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙡...
45.1K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC