The Queen of Dawn

By PhenaPoo

~ Court of Navalia Book 1~ 1509 Princess Azora is sent across the ocean to marry a foreign prince, and eventu... More

Quick A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Wattys 2019
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Authors Note
SEQUEL NEWS
Excerpt from 'The Princess of Dusk'

Chapter 22

8.3K 269 61
By PhenaPoo

1 month later
She couldnt bear it anymore. Her overcrowded chambers were dark, dank and noisy. Ladies and midwives constantly got drunk, and for all of their complaining about her condition, they didn't seem to care when she mentioned she had a headache.

She tore of her depressing mourning clothes, and replaced them with some maids non work clothes she had found on a chair in the maids chambers. She was surprised how easy it was for her to sneak around the castle. No one seemed to pay attention to her, and she greatfully snuck out into the city.

It stunk. As per usual, but the city stench was a welcome break from the stench of her chambers. She wandered throughout the familiar nooks and crannies she often snuck through, buying a bite to eat, and watching the hubbub of city life. It fascinated her.

Out here, if people didn't like you they said it to your face, in the court they whispered among themselves but hugged you as a sister when you were present.

She watched two men haggle over a hunk of meat, and she feel fully watched as a little boy went around pick pocketing the richer looking folk.

She tried to pick out the prostitutes from the gentle women, and watch in interest as a woman led a man behind a door, but Azora bumped head first into the solid chest of a man.

"Why I'm sorry sir-"
"My apologies ma'am-"

She looked up.
Dirty blonde hair.
Green eyes.

"Azora what are you doing out here!"
He furiously whispered.

"I'm sorry my lord. "
She curtseyed,  keeping her gaze on the mucky ground.

"Please don't bow, your bringing attention to us."
He whispered.

He pulled her by the arm to an abandoned alleyway, and looked both ways to make sure no one could see their interaction.

"Now please do tell me what your doing in the dirty streets in your condition?"

Azora rolled her eyes.
"What is it with everyone and my condition. Do you know what it's like to be locked up in the dark chamber?!"

She felt her eyes well up, and a tear rolled down her cheek, she sniffed as she wiped it away. Kalian didn't know what to do, so he awkwardly wrapped his arms around his wife as she sobbed into his shoulder.

Azora looked up and smiled.
"I think we should go back before anyone notices we are missing. "
~~~
That night, as every lady in waiting went to their rooms, and the midwives were sleeping in cots nearby, Azora could not sleep.

She was not tired at all,  and she lay in the dark silence for what seemed like forever until she heard a knock on the window. She crept over to the window, and there she found Kalina,  grinning cheekily.

She hesitantly opened the window and crawled through.
"Why are you here!"
Azora whispered furiously.

"I- I don't know."
He stuttered.

Azora scoffed.
"Look at you. The lady charmer is at loss for words."

She expected her husband to come up with a snarky comment, but instead he must looked down at his shoes.

"The truth is that I wanted to spend more time with you. I have been the worst husband any man could ever be,  and you have been the most diligent and faithful Queen a King could ever ask for.  I know what I have done is truly unforgivable, but I am asking for your forgiveness and a second chance."

Azora felt her heart rate increase, and her breathing quicken. She let her impulses control her and before she knew it, she was pressing her lips softly against his. It was a chaste kiss,  and she pulled away quickly but it was all the both needed.
~~~
The sun was beginning to rise, and Azora woke up suddenly. Something was not right. Kalina was asleep at the end of her bed out of respect, the midwives were still asleep,  and the room was silent.

Then she felt water gushing out between her thighs.

She felt her stomach drop and she went into shock. She sat there still,  gripping the sheets until Kalian awoke.

"Azores, what's wrong, have you gone into the labour,  is the baby coming,  what do I do?"
He immediately rushed to her side as a contraction kicked in. She gripped his forearm, and gritted her teeth.  It was starting. She began to breathe deeply, remembering everything she witnessed from her nieces birth.

She must have been louder than she thought, as a whole troupe of ladies in waiting dressed in night gowns rushed in. The midwives woke up suddenly and they all noticed the king.

"Your majesty, I'm afraid your going to have to leave. Your son is about to be born. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 1.4K 33
Aadhitya, a handsome guy at his early 30s leads a successful life as an extraordinary architect. He designs his life perfectly like his buildings. Dh...
41 0 40
In the small kingdom of Satia, a momentous announcement was made - Princess Mia had been declared the next in line for the throne. However, there was...
1.3M 68.1K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
237K 5.3K 88
{COMPLETE} When Isabella's wedding ceremony is ruined by the one and only Kyzer Caruso, he kidnaps her and forces her to love him, no matter how long...