Becoming His

Por MelanatedByNature

Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't... Más

Chapter 1 - New Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Wrong Assumptions
Chapter 3 - Model Behavior
Chapter 4 - Good Enough
Chapter 5 - Get It. Got It. Good.
Chapter 6 - I Got You
Chapter 7 - Blended
Chapter 8 - Trust Me
Chapter 9 - Unmoving and Awkward
Chapter 10 - I Know
Chapter 12 - The 1%
Chapter 13 - I'm Only Okay If You're Okay
Chapter 14 - Vasiliev's Army
Chapter 15 - Your World
Chapter 16 - Being Greater
Chapter 17 - Poor Dick Dunkirk
Chapter 18 - My Heart, My Life, Everything
Chapter 19 - Elephant In the Room
Chapter 20 - Ultimatums
Chapter 21 - Moving On & Passing Out
Chapter 22 - It's Stacey, Asshole
Chapter 23 - Ms Esther
Chapter 24 - Okay, Perfect
Chapter 25 - Too Perfect
Chapter 26 - Why Are You Here?
Chapter 27 - White Boy
Chapter 28 - Three
Chapter 29 - Broken Birdie
Chapter 30 - Losing Everything
Epilogue - Friends Or Enemies

Chapter 11 - Meltdowns and Freakouts

29.9K 1.5K 756
Por MelanatedByNature

Christian

"You know? What do you mean you know?"

"How could I not know about the illustrious Marino family? I've been waiting years to take you down and I've finally gotten you all alone."

I just stood there, speechless. I was being played this entire time? I'd taken every cautionary measure I could. My heart was beating like a jackhammer and wouldn't let up. How the fuck did I let this happen?!

"Holy shit, baby I'm kidding. Do you wanna sit down? You look like you're about to pass out."

She dropped her things to the floor and rushed over, leading me to the couch at the other end of the room. I was still processing her cruel joke as she coolly flopped down next to me. "Did you really know?" She nod her head, while casually using her hands to fan me down. "How did you know?"

"Danielle told me. Over a phone call. In the middle of the night. After she found out from Rafael."

I put her hands in mine to stop the erratic fanning that got more aggressive as she explained. "I'm sorry. Raf wasn't supposed to say anything."

"What do you think I'm mad about right now? Because Rafael ain't it. It's the fact that I'm hearing things about you second-hand. It doesn't matter if it's from my best friend or my worst enemy, you should've let me know from the jump."

"Trust me, I get that, but this one isn't just a regular white lie. I promise though, it won't happen again."

"Better not. Must think I'm playing with you." She mumbled under her breath, purposely clear enough for me to hear. "I mean I had my suspicions about what you actually did for a living but I should've known. To be honest it was either something illegal or a secret family no-one knew about. Since we met you've always acted shady with the 'private family business', leaving dinners early, taking mysterious phone calls you didn't want me to hear, then yesterday I noticed Sebastian following me, but what really brought it home were the guns. You know I'm not blind, right?"

"Your little act wasn't funny, I could've killed you."

"Would that have been before or after you passed out, Mr. Mafia? You were turning so pale, looked like you'd seen a ghost."

I let out an alleviated laugh as my heart finally started returning to a less frenzied pace. She looked at me with an amused smile that slowly started to fade, bringing my laughter to a stop.

"Were you ever going to tell me? I mean if I hadn't threatened to walk out, would you have told me?"

"Honestly? I promised myself I would after I locked you down." I say trying to lighten her mood, but she still looked hurt, presumably knowing what else I was about to say. "But no, I don't think I would've. I love how you look at me like I could do no wrong. When it's me and you, it's just us, there's no worries about shipments or double crossing or looking over my shoulder. Meeting you was hands down the best thing to happen to me. I don't think I was ready to let that go. I'm still not."

She chuckled running a hand through my hair to soothe me, leaning into her touch I look into those honey brown irises that weaken me so easily.

"I haven't looked at you any differently and I promise to keep it that way, as long as you end it with the secrets."

"Why aren't you losing your shit and flipping out? Have you got any idea what I've done since joining this organization? What could have happened to you if it wasn't Charlotte downstairs and someone worse?"

"I'm new to this so no, I didn't know opening the door could've killed me. And yes I did have a little meltdown this morning after the phone call, but I was laying there next to you and it's kind of hard to see some monster when I'm looking at this face." She placed a peck on my lips. "Besides your Gramps told me something last night and I need to believe what he said is true. I think I know the part of you that matters, I definitely trust you and I lo- I got over the idea of the 'big bad wolf' pretty fast."

"You're not scared knowing what it means to be wife of the capo?"

"I don't know what it means and I'm not your wife."

"Not yet."

"That's if Stacey doesn't get her way with you, she's a dedicated thottie. Determined to be a side chick turned main chick, or die trying."

"What's a Stacey?"

"You don't remember Miss 'call me, we'd have a lot of fun together.'" She put on an airy breathless tone mocking the girl.

It wasn't too far off. "The other receptionist, Diane, told me how she was trying to get with you, I don't know how badly you bruised her ego, but after you came to see me at the office, she started a rumor that I was sleeping my way to the top with one of the company's millionaire investors."

"I mean, I haven't offered you a promotion or given you a raise.. at this point you're just sleeping with one of the billionaire investors."

Pinching the bridge of her nose, she sighed exasperated.

"Am I the only one in this entire city that doesn't know who the hell you are?"

"That's funny, because I think you're the only one who does. You got to know me pretty well last night, if that wasn't enough you can get to know me a little better right now."

I smirked as I swung her leg over my lap so she was straddling me. Trailing kisses from my lips to my neck, she nibbled on my earlobe, her warm tongue and cool breath making every inch of me stand at attention.

Sliding my hands up her thighs to her hips, I can tell she's not wearing any underwear under her dress and I feel myself stiffen as she slowly grazed her warm slit against my sweats, the relentless grinding had me letting out deep guttural groans. "You have no fucking idea what you do to me."

"Are y'all almost ready to go-"

Demetri walked in and all movement stopped. Alesha dropped her head against my shoulder while I glared at him.

"Why are you still here?! Get out!"

"Chris, stop. Don't worry, we're coming now." Alesha spoke unsteadily.

"Yeah I could see that. Y'all so nasty, you got people downstairs." He replied chuckling.

"Get the fuck out!"

Once he left the room, Alesha broke into a soft giggle. "It was fun while it lasted."

"This is definitely not over."

She got up from my lap making my mood deflate completely. I held onto her hand before she could walk away, just one thing I needed to know.

"Would you have really left?"

"Never."

JJ x

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

847 73 7
A dead woman walking would make anyone do a double take. She never thought she would see him again. He never thought she could have survived. More qu...
318K 7.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
1.2M 29.1K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...
164K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...