A Persistent Lover

By elizpua

The gang has failed to kill Klaus and Caroline decides she needs to get out of Mystic Falls. She hardly suspe... More

Off to London
Two Can Play the Game
The First Date Part 1
The First Date Part 2
Of Dreams and Reality
Patience is a Virtue
Signs of Love
So Beautiful
All For the First Time
Another Persistent Lover
Kisses and Tears
And So It Begins
The Vampire's Weakness
Confessions
Soulmates
The Werewolf
A Sacrifice
In Your Arms
Home Sweet Home
Love and Hardships
Apologies
Dates and Pranks
One Year later

Off to Rome

4.3K 135 49
By elizpua

"It's 11 am, do you not think I should go get them?" Elijah said impatiently, pacing the length of the mansion's very large kitchen.

Kol took a large bite from his apple. "My dear brother, judging from Caroline's moans, I would say that I do not think we should go them. But I told Bonnie I would see her soon, so if they're not up in ten minutes, I'm out."

"Same. I have never seen Nik so sexually active in my life, it's starting to nauseate me," groaned Rebekah, sitting next to Kol at the table.

It had been two days. Tomorrow was the day that Klaus and Caroline planned to leave Mystic Falls, Elijah and Rebekah as company. Kol was very adamant to stay. His pursuit of the "gorgeous Bennett witch" was working splendidly and he was no means finished.

"Have you four decided where you are going?"

Rebekah glared at Kol. "I will repeat it, since you never can remember anything. We decided to head off to Rome. I, for one, wanted to go back to Klaus' home in Greece, but it seems everyone is against it."

"We suffered great pain and loss there, sister. I would imagine that Caroline would not want to go off back to Greece for quite some time," Elijah said softly.

"Yes, I know, but I just adore that country....ah here are our two love birds!"

A rather flushed Caroline walked into the kitchen, hastily straightening out her shirt so her bra straps weren't visible.

"Sorry for the hold up, we were...." she blushed again as Klaus swept behind her and giving her neck a quick kiss.

"Yes, yes, we know!" moaned Rebekah. "Now can we please just go over what exactly is happening? I have places to be today."

"Bacon, Caroline?" Klaus asked, ignoring Rebekah's comment and pulling out a pan.

"Yes, please," Caroline replied. Rebekah stared at Caroline for a second before looking at Klaus.

"And since when do you make breakfast?"

"Since I found Caroline's list of her perfect man and #10 said 'A man who cooks for me'. So I decided to get my cooking skills back in order."

"Klaus, you found that list under my bed when you were snooping which obviously means that I didn't really care much for it, plus I made that list when I was 12."

"It was obviously important to you at one time, love. And I am making it happen," Klaus said, placing bacon strips across the pan.

"The plans, brother?" Elijah interrupted the conversation, desperate to get the chit chat back to something he could be a part of.

"Ah, yes. The plans. Well, as you all know, we are going Rome tomorrow. I bought plane tickets for us in the afternoon, so you may all have extra time tomorrow. Then, once we arrive, I'm taking Caroline to see the sights of Rome while you two can do whatever you wish."

"Like come with you?" Rebekah said hopefully. She looked to Caroline for approval.

"Of course, they can come along! Besides, if Klaus is making you guys stay only a month, then I want to spend as much time with you as possible."

"Thank you, Caroline," Elijah said, smiling.

Klaus growled with annoyance. I was trying to get more time for us, Caroline.

I know, love, but I enjoy your family. Do you really blame me?

Klaus smiled at that.

"Soooo, what are the most popular things to see in Rome?" Caroline asked, trying to stop the awkward silence.

"The Colosseum and the Pantheon," responded Elijah. "If you leave Rome without seeing them, I pity you."

"Oh, and don't forget St. Peter's Basilica! I adored that church, so magnificent!" chimed Kol.

"Kol, if you like Rome, why not come?" questioned Caroline.

"Bonnie and I have made excellent progress! After you two hormones barged in, she took me to her house since she thought the Grill would be to public. Meaning that she had to invite me in!"

"And you would say that's progress?" smirked Rebekah.

Kol sputtered. "Yes, I would! I've spent months on her porch and now she finally invites me in, I would say that it amazing progress."

Klaus placed some bacon strips on a few plates, before passing them out and sitting next to Caroline. She quickly stuffed a strip in her mouth and moaned softly.

"This is delicious! Who knew the big bad wolf could also cook!" She stuffed another strip in her mouth, before rising.

"Well, I have to go see Elena and my mom today. Say my goodbyes. Thanks for breakfast, love," she said, kissing Klaus' cheek before quickly running back upstairs.

Kol quickly jumped up as well. "Guess I'll be off to. I have a woman to woo," and he too was out the door.

Klaus faintly heard his shower turn on and then a sudden voice came into his mind.

The shower is quite empty without you, Klaus.

He froze, feeling the heat rush to his groin.

Caroline...

Klaus, I'm not the only horny vampire in this house. Get your ass up here.

Elijah and Rebekah looked up in surprise to see Klaus race upstairs.

"I'm out," Rebekah yelled, hearing the moans coming from upstairs, leaving Elijah to try and find some earplugs.

Caroline walked into the Grill, her body sedated from Klaus' incredible love making and her confidence at high. Although, she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about facing her one friend who might still be holding a grudge.

She found Elena seated at a far off booth, mindlessly swirling her finger around her glass of soda.

"Hey," Caroline said, startling Elena once she was at the table. She clasped the glass quickly before it tipped.

"Thanks," Elena said, looking nervously at the table...anywhere but at Caroline.

Caroline sat down with a sigh. Silence ensued as Elena started to pick at her cuticles.

"So...I'm leaving tomorrow."

Elena glanced up at her with what looked like sadness. At least that's what Caroline hoped it was.

"And I'm leaving with the Mikaelsons. Except Kol, he's smitten with Bonnie."

Elena gave her a small chuckle. "Yes...Kol has been rather persistent with her."

Another silence.

Caroline was about to speak, but Elena suddenly cut her to it. 'Look...you know I love you, right?"

Startled, Caroline nodded silently.

"I mean...you've been my best friend since 1st grade. I care about you so much and I want to support you in all that do..."

"But?" Caroline raised an eyebrow. There had to be a but.

"But nothing," Elena tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Caroline, I don't know if I can ever forgive Klaus, but I want you to know that I trust you. If you say that he would never hurt you or try to use you for anything, then I want you to be happy with him. I can't bear the thought of losing you, Care."

Caroline stared in shock at her friend. Here was the one person who she thought would never be able to look at her again, and yet she was telling her she was beyond any anger. It startled her to no end. Moving out of her seat, she crossed over to where Elena sat and wrapped her arms around her friend.

"Thank you so much," she sighed with relief.

Elena hugged her back. "I just wanted you to know that I'll never turn my back on you. If you need anything, I'll always be there for you, okay?"

"Okay," Caroline laughed. She was silent before saying, "I do love him, Elena. You know...he kind of reminds me of Damon and Stefan. All three have done awful things, but they still chose to try and better themselves."

"Hmmm, yes I suppose so," Elena said softly, though Caroline sensed that she didn't want to put Klaus in the same category as Damon and Stefan.

"So is this goodbye then?" Elena asked after a moment.

"Yes, I believe so," Caroline replied softly. "At least for a year or something. I don't think I can last more than a year without seeing you and Bonnie.

The both stood up and hugged again. Tears came to both of the girls' eyes, realizing just how long they'd been friends.

"Caroline Forbes, the first one of us to leave the nest," Elena said. "Are you sure you have to leave so soon?"

"Yes, remember? Stefan wants Klaus out by tomorrow and where Klaus goes, I go."

Elena shook her head slowly. "You really do love him, don't you?"

Caroline smiled. "Yeah...yeah I do."

After saying goodbye to her mom, which had been a very tearful conversation, Caroline quickly drove back to the Mikaelsons', anxious to get home to Klaus. He wasn't kidding when he said the more the marked each other, the more each would feel pain at being separated. She had only started to feel a tightness squeeze her chest and begin to travel down into her stomach. She also hadn't drunk any blood since the beginning of the day, making her feel weak.

Once she arrived, she slammed the door to be greeted by silence.

Klaus?!

She breathed in relief when she heard him reply.

I'm up the stairs, sweetheart.

She was in his...their room in a second, finding Klaus painting. He turned to face her with a light smile.

"You felt the pain too?"

Caroline nodded. "In my chest...then as I got in the car it felt like it was spreading."

"It's a good thing we leave tomorrow. Not as many chances for you to go running off," he teased before seeing how Caroline leaned on the door.

He was at her side in a second.

"Love, what is wrong?"

"Blood. I haven't had blood all day."

He cupped her face, giving her a stern look. "Caroline, you mean to tell me you went all day without blood?" Love, you need to take care of yourself. Stay here, I will go fetch you some."

Before she had even made it half way to their bed, he was back, carrying a glass of blood.

"Here darling, drink."

She took a sip of the blood, letting it tingle her taste buds. She smiled up at Klaus, letting him know she was okay.

He smiled back, kissing her on her forehead before walking back and sitting at his painting. It was of a forest, a path leading into it from its opening. Klaus had managed to capture the light outside of the forest, but as the path deepened the forest became eerie.

"Do you like it, love?

"Yes," Caroline replied, although her mind was elsewhere. The blood hadn't worked. Sure, it helped her hunger, but she still felt just as weak. Her sight, oddly enough, was focusing in on Klaus' neck. The thought of his delicious hybrid blood sent a shiver down her spine. Perhaps drinking his blood constantly was ruining the flavor of other bloods. All her hunger was now craving her lover's blood. She knew exactly what to do.

Caroline walked softly up behind Klaus. She knew he would hear her and in a moment, he turned.

"Caroli..." he stopped when he saw the hunger and lust in her eyes.

"The blood didn't help," she murmured softly, walking up to put her hands on his shoulders.

"Do you wish for another type?" he asked with confusion. His breathing hitched when her hands moved down his chest, holding his in a firm hug.

I want yours.

He could hear the desire in her voice. Smirking, he tilted his head so his neck was in her full view.

I'm all yours, love.

She leaned into his neck, taking in a deep breath. She could almost taste his blood on her tongue. Kissing his skin lovingly, her hand rose to hold his cheek, pressing him closer to her. Her tongue swept out across his neck, letting the skin moisten to her liking. She chuckled hearing Klaus' moan, before allowing her fangs to come and graze against him.

With a quick swoop, Caroline sunk her fangs into Klaus' neck, groaning as his blood rushed into her mouth. His blood was utterly amazing! The weakness and hunger she felt were vanishing as quickly as they had appeared. Grasping him closer to her chest, she drank greedily.

It felt like forever, but a few moments later, she felt Klaus lightly put his hand in her hair.

"Caroline, that's enough."

She could hear the softness in his voice, his way of letting her know he was weak, and she pulled back immediately. Her fangs quickly sank back into her gums, but she kissed and licked away at the blood on his neck, smiling as his wound healed.

"I'm sorry," she whispered in his ear. He turned and stood, grasping her into his own hug.

"If my blood is what keeps you strong, then you may never have to worry about taking from me, Caroline. Take whatever of mine you want."

She snuggled into his chest, loving the way he laid his cheek onto her head. "But why? Why does my body only accept yours?"

"It's the marking, love. The more we mark, the more closer we become. I am still fine with drinking blood that is not yours, but perhaps that may change."

"Is it bad for us?"

He took her chin and forced her to look at him.

"No. It simply makes our bond stronger, but if you wish to stop this, we do not have to mark each other for a while."

She saw the hint of sadness in her eyes and shook her head. "No, Klaus. You know, this also means that I must be with you much more. And I am perfectly okay with that!"

He chuckled and kissed her deeply, arching her back as he deepened it even further.

"I quite agree, darling."

Rome was magnificent.

They had left with too many bags to count. Most were from Rebekah, and surprisingly Elijah. He had too many suits he did not want to leave behind.

Klaus and Caroline remained on their best behavior throughout the flight. Knowing Elijah, he would have probably thrown himself through the jet window if they started another make out session in front of him. Rebekah, on the other hand, would have probably ripped off Klaus' head. With both these situations highly probable, Klaus and Caroline chose to be obedient.

Later on, the limo was sent off to deliver their belongings to their rented home. Klaus smiled down at Caroline, who gapped in awe at the city around her.

"Klaus, this is...it's..."

"Beautiful, magnificent, stunning, spectacular?"

"All of those!" Caroline finally turned to look at him. He still felt his heart burst with affection when her bright blue eyes met his. He could never imagine ever getting tired of them.

"SMILE!" shouted a voice behind them.

Turning, they blinked in surprise as Rebekah snapped a photo of them. Briefly looking at the picture, she sighed.

"Next time, try and smile. Anyway, we're here. Let's go see some of Italy's treasures! Since Nik is only giving us a month with him and Caroline."

"And you best be thankful for it. Now Elijah, you're the one who adores Italy more than anything, why don't you lead the way?"

Elijah chuckled and faced Caroline. "The Colosseum?"

Caroline shrugged, grabbing Klaus' hand. "Lead the way!"

"This is incredible! I can't believe I didn't just jump into your arms and allow you to take me here when you offered," said a dazzled Caroline as they walked around the ancient building.

"Dearest girl, that would have been very out of character for you."

She sighed. "Yes, I suppose so."

"SMILE!"

This time they were ready as Rebekah caught a photo of Caroline, Klaus, and Elijah at the foot of the Colosseum.

Elijah, to Caroline's surprise, had never been so excited. He circled the structure at least five times during the tour and even stole Rebekah's camera to snap a few pictures.

"Last time I was here, they didn't have cameras," was his excuse when asked.

They stayed for another hour, even sitting on the ground just to simply enjoy the view. Klaus braided Caroline's hair, much to the others' surprise. Rebekah was the first to get up.

"I think I'll go find a quick snack. The more tourists, the better," she said gazing at the many humans around her.

"Don't make a mess, Bekah," chided Caroline. The blonde gave her an incredulous look.

"Obviously," she rolled her eyes and was off in the crowd in seconds. Klaus looked at Caroline, reminded by Rebekah of Caroline's eating issue.

"Hungry, love?" he asked her with concern. Her head leaned against his chest in contentment, his hands massaging her arms.

"Yes, but not in the way you mean," turning to Elijah she said, "Elijah, what's the best pasta place in this city?"

Elijah immediately was at his feet, happy to be off the ground. "I know just the place."

"Oh, Klaus, can we stay here forever?!" Caroline sighed as he lay in bed next to her. She held her belly in stuffed agony. She felt pregnant from all the pasta she had eaten.

He chuckled, kissing her nose. "Sweetheart, you said almost the same thing when we were in Paris. We have so many cities to see and explore, love. And not even half of them are all in Europe! I still have to take you to Tokyo, Sydney, Dubai, Seoul, New York..."

"And LA! Don't forget LA!"

"See, love? You don't really want to stay here forever," he rolled on top of her, raising his body as to not crush her. He pressed light kisses down her chest, liking the way she sighed as his lips met her skin.

"I can't believe this..."

"Can't believe what darling?" He lifted his face to look down at her blissful one.

"That I'm here with you of all people and I could not be happier about it."

He looked down at her in silent awe. Her hair splayed out around her face like a halo. Her eyes glittered with happiness. Her smile lit up the room. And she loved him.

"I love you," he said sincerely and with all his dead heart. Her giggle turned to a moan when his lips hungrily found hers and he showed her all the love that he had for her...only her. All those months of waiting and she was finally his. And he was hers. They belonged together and there was absolutely no one who could say otherwise.

"I love you, too," she whispered and those three words had never been said by her with such honesty.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 1K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄...
145K 3.1K 13
After Caroline admits her feelings for Klaus and they have sex Klaus leaves Mystic falls and heads to New Orleans while Caroline nurses a broken hear...
133K 3.3K 46
After a very long and lonely summer Caroline finds herself closer to the one person she should be avoiding completely. Disclaimer: Story takes place...
13.6K 273 15
Fanfic about Klaroline. Crossover between TVD 7-14 and TO 3-14, created the story from there, which deviates from the original plot from both series...