A Persistent Lover

By elizpua

The gang has failed to kill Klaus and Caroline decides she needs to get out of Mystic Falls. She hardly suspe... More

Off to London
Two Can Play the Game
The First Date Part 1
The First Date Part 2
Of Dreams and Reality
Patience is a Virtue
Signs of Love
So Beautiful
All For the First Time
Another Persistent Lover
Kisses and Tears
And So It Begins
The Vampire's Weakness
Confessions
Soulmates
A Sacrifice
In Your Arms
Home Sweet Home
Love and Hardships
Apologies
Dates and Pranks
Off to Rome
One Year later

The Werewolf

4.6K 148 52
By elizpua

The moment Caroline hit the floor, several things happened at once.

Klaus flung himself onto Lucy, prepared to end her life without a care of the consequences. Elijah and Dominic, now in the room after following Caroline, flung themselves at the livid Klaus. Elijah yanked at Klaus, tearing him away from Lucy as Dominic ripped Lucy out of Klaus' grip. Rebekah was at Caroline's side in a flash, crying out at the sight of the stake. Without thinking, she grasped the stake and wrenched it from Caroline's back, as if thinking that this would bring Caroline back.

"Oh my god! Car...is she....?" Bonnie knelt down by Caroline, turning her body so that Caroline faced up.

"No...but the stake was much too close."

There were no veins to prove her death, but Caroline's skin had turned a deathly grey. Her cheeks had sunken in, the flush of youth no longer evident.

Suddenly Caroline's eyes opened, her mouth moved to speak, and blood spurted out from her mouth.

Her body started to shake violently, looking as if a seizure was taking over her. Her eyes glazed up at Bonnie's, unseeing.

Kol, standing behind Bonnie, now suddenly was at Caroline's side, pushing her down to the floor.

"Kol, what are doing?" Rebekah attempted to throw Kol off, but he pushed her away.

"Caroline!" His shook her hard, his hands almost breaking arms. "Caroline!"

He turned her over. Bonnie and Rebekah watched in fascination as he raised her blouse until he could see the wound. To their shock, the wound was not healing, but festering....bubbling like a boil. Black and purple veins were forming in her skin from the hole. Caroline twitched again as one vein suddenly grew out through her shoulder.

"Poison...she's been poisoned through the stake with witch magic," Kol swore under his breath, before turning to Bonnie. "Bonnie, you must do it now."

Bonnie had been too distracted to remember the purpose of entering this building. The sight of Caroline staked was unbearable and there was no way she could have possibly thought of anything else in that moment. She stood up shaking, but began to speak the spell that she hoped with all her soul would end all this madness.

Dominic faintly heard Bonnie begin to chant but his attention was solely focused on what Kol had just said.

His hand was still pinned to Lucy's neck against the wall. He slammed her head against it, anger boiling in his veins.

"You poisoned Caroline."

Lucy lifted her head with an air of superiority. "I wanted her dead. It is the only way for Klaus and I to be together."

Before Dominic could reply, Klaus was out of Elijah's grip and had shoved Dominic away, replacing himself at Lucy's neck.

"How dare you....how dare you come back into my life and destroy everything I have dear. After Caroline, who next? My sister? My brothers? What more to you wish to take away from me?" He slapped her hard across the face, sending her spiraling to the floor.

She was back up in a second. "Anything to make you mine."

Klaus sneered. "Why Lucy? Because you love me? Because you want me? Well, let me tell you something. You never loved me. Whatever is going on in your mind is not love, its evil. Love doesn't hurt others. Love doesn't kill. What you are doing to me....no person who loved would do such a thing."

Lucy stood completely still before him. Klaus was unprepared for her silence....before she went completely mad.

She burst into tears, angry tears that poured down her face. "I spend my whole life waiting for somebody to love me," she shrieked. "...ever since I became a vampire, not one person showed me any kindness. I was treated like a doll by Mikael. All his friends threw me around like trash. But you Niklaus...you showed my kindness and love. You...loved me. And when I lost you I swore I would get you back...even killing those you supposed you loved."

"The fire," Klaus roared back at her. "...you tried to have me killed by Mikael in that fire."

"No, you idiot! I was distracting Mikael...I was trying to save your life! I love you, don't you understand?" Her voice hitched up at a note of insanity.

Klaus stared at Lucy, focusing in on her eyes. He saw obsession...lust, desire, desperation...but love? No...he had seen love in Caroline's eyes. Lucy was pinpointing her feelings wrongly...and look what it had cost all of them.

"Well it's a little bit too late for that now is it..." he hissed.

A roaring pain suddenly resounded in his head. He grasped his head in agony, falling to the floor as he saw witches entering the room.

He turned to see Dominic crawling towards Caroline, his hands reaching out to cradle her in his arms.

The pain was affecting them all though. Kol was leaning on a bedpost, trying to stay held up. Rebekah curled on the floor, holding her head in her hands. Elijah was in a similar position, although he was attempting to sit up. And...oh dear God.

The sight of Caroline was horrifying. The poison plus the witches' spell was too much pain for such a baby vampire to bear. She was screaming, arching her back...but thus affecting the wound on her back.

With sudden despair, he turned to Bonnie. "Work your magic, witch!"

"I'm trying!" she shrieked back. Her chanting was growing, but the others were louder. And as they grew louder, the pain grew worse.

On the other side of the room, Dominic was feeding Caroline his blood. His ancient blood was stopping the witches' pain, but the wound continued to spread. Caroline looked up into his eyes.

"Am I going to die, Dominic?" she asked.

Dominic looked at his beauty with desperation. Her voice was laced with such sorrow, as if she was already pondering the life she could have had if she hadn't followed this path.

"I will not allow it. I will die for you Caroline...if I have to."

Elijah pulled himself across the room, the pain almost too unbearable.

"Niklaus!"

Klaus turned his gaze away from Lucy, focusing in on his brother. The pain was affecting him just as much.

"The spell! It will not hurt you if you turn," he grabbed onto Klaus' jacket, pulling him so they were face to face. "Brother, you must turn now if we are to have a chance of getting out of here! If you are in full form, the witches cannot harm you!"

Klaus' eyes widened. Bonnie was talking louder and louder with each chant, but the other witches were beginning to overpower her. Rebekah and Kol had Lucy pinned to the wall, but their hold was loosening. The witches were just too strong.

He turned to gaze at Caroline. Her head lay in Dominic's arms, blood dripping out of her mouth. The stake's poison was festering throughout her body, the veins of death slowly traveling down her arms and legs. Dominic was attempting to heal her with his blood, but judging from his tears, it was not working. Her eyes met his, the light in them slowly dimming. His heart swelled in his chest at the sight of his light fading away and he grasped Elijah's shoulders.

"Whatever happens...promise me you will protect Caroline. Promise me you will find a way to save her!"

He felt his bones snap as he forced himself into the first stages of his transformation. A roar of pain escaped his lips as he withered on the ground.

"Klaus! Klaus, what are doing?" Lucy screeched. He felt unwanted hands on his back, the sounds of his siblings trying to pry her off of him.

Another cry of pain as the bones in his legs cracked, stiffing and shortening to allow his wolf legs to form. God, he wanted it to end! Was this not the whole reason why he wanted the sacrifice? To be free of this?

No...Caroline...for Caroline.

His eyes lost sight when another series of cracks resounded through his body. Lucy was no longer near him, he could no longer sense the sounds of the witches, Caroline, or even the struggles of his siblings.

Caroline opened her eyes weakly when she heard a deep growl, a fierce and savage growl.

Standing over her was the broad body of a wolf. A golden wolf, his fur thick and his paws wide. His body crouched over Caroline's, as if it was saying, "mine", before everyone.

The alpha male would protect his mate.

"Klaus, get Caroline out of here!"

The wolf's head moved towards Elijah's voice, perking his ears in confusion. He suddenly turned and bowed down his body, nudging Caroline with his nose.

Caroline lay in confusion until the wolf barked, looking at Dominic. Time stood still as Dominic began to ease Caroline's body onto the massive wolf. She groaned in pain as he placed a leg over the side of the wolf. The wolf softly nuzzled Caroline's face so that she rested on his neck. The wolf nodded, as if assuring himself that she was secure, then in a second was gone.

All hell broke loose.

Lucy screeched, throwing herself at Bonnie, who was frantically beginning to chant again. Kol had Lucy pinned to a wall, chuckling at her shocked face.

"I wouldn't touch her if I were you, sweetheart."

Elijah leaned into Rebekah, "the witches..." he whispered into her ear.

The witches, controlled by Lucy, were not continuing their spell. Before Rebekah could process what he meant, Elijah had snapped two the necks of two witches.

Lucy watched in horror as Rebekah and Elijah massacred all her allies before her eyes. The power of Bonnie was now dominate in the room, everything was crashing down.

Bonnie shouted out as the air become thicker with her enchantment. "Dominic, are you ready?"

Dominic slowly walked towards Lucy. "Mikaelsons...I acquire your assistance in holding Lucy."

"What do you mean...what are you doing!" Lucy screamed, Rebekah and Elijah flashing over to pin her arms to the wall. Kol moved over to give Dominic room.

"Dominic....what..." Lucy looked desperately on at her creation...the one person who should have never turned his back on her.

"I'm going to kill you now Lucy," said Dominic, stating it as a fact. "You are my maker, and I am your creation..your only creation. And with just a little witch power and my hand in your chest, we can now do the unthinkable..." on cue he sunk his hand into Lucy's chest. She gasped, feeling his hand wrap around her heart. Dominic face held only the faintest regret, as he slowly felt the life suck out of her.

"Ready when you are, Bonnie!"

The chorus of dead witches started to ring through the air. Mumblings and mutterings, cursing and castings. Bonnie clenched her chest suddenly, dark veins creeping up her face.

"Now!" she gasped out. "Do it now!"

"Dominic, please no!"

And with that, Dominic clenched the heart and ripped in out from Lucy's body. She looked at her heart in horror, still in full function.

With one last squeeze, Dominic popped the heart, letting it fall to the floor. A tear slid down Lucy's face just as death took her over and she crashed to the ground.

Immediately a silence took over the room. The noises of the witches stopped. Bonnie was finished chanting, and no longer was there the sound of Lucy. That it was over that quickly...after all they had been through, this ending seemed impossible.

They all stood in silence gazing at one another, until Rebekah broke the silence.

"So...it's over. We won."

Dominic swiftly broke away to walk towards Bonnie. "Technically not. Caroline is still not saved. Bonnie...we have one last thing we need you to do."

Caroline opened her eyes to a very strange sight.

The massive golden wolf was directly in front of her face. In slow sweet movements, like a mother does to her cub, the wolf was licking away at the blood on Caroline's face. If she looked more closely at him, she could have sworn that there were tears in its eyes.

It seemed to her that they were in a forest. Or at least some form of woods. A trail was off behind the wolf, meaning they weren't that far from civilization.

At the sight of Caroline awakening, the wolf yipped. Not a happy one, but rather a concerned one. He rose to his feet, circling around Caroline in excitement. He went to face her again, this time sticking his nose in her face.

The poison was almost all over her body, there was no denying that anymore. The pain was so much that it numbed her senses...she felt paralyzed.

She looked at the wolf, looking so anxiously at her.

"This is worse that the bite that Tyler gave me..."

The wolf whined, putting its body right beside hers. Caroline placed her hands on its head, scratching behind its ears.

"You're a very cool looking werewolf, I must say."

The wolf rumbled deep in its throat, like a chuckle. It moved its head so it could lick Caroline's hands gently.

"So, since I think I'll be dead sooner or later," a tear dripped down Caroline's cheek. "I think you should know that... that I love you Klaus. You made my life better, and if I lived there is nothing I could have done to make it up to you. You loved me for me. You are the best person I've ever known, and if I could live I would spend my every moment with you. My only regret is that I waited until now to realize all this..."

There was a moment's silence before she whimpered. "I don't wanna die, Klaus...."

The wolf threw back its head and howled. A low mournful howl that sent shivers of sadness down Caroline's spine....or would have if she could feel it.

It wouldn't be long now.

A far off sound of running feet was suddenly heard by both vampire and werewolf. The wolf growled low and threatening, leaping up over Caroline in a defensive stance, ready for anything.

The wolf cocked his head at the very odd sight of four vampires running at almost inhuman speed, with one of them holding a petrified girl on his shoulders.

The group slowed down close to Caroline and Kol set down the shaken Bonnie.

"Poor thing, I think I petrified her with my amazing speed," Kol smirked lightly, always humorous in the most serious situation.

Bonnie shook herself lightly. Caroline was almost dead and she was here freaking about Kol's running speed? No way.

Bonnie slowly advanced towards her dying friend, trying to gain her last amount of strength. "One more spell, Bonnie....one more spell."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 273 15
Fanfic about Klaroline. Crossover between TVD 7-14 and TO 3-14, created the story from there, which deviates from the original plot from both series...
79K 2.3K 16
Bonnie produces a spell that sends Caroline into the past; learning more about Klaus and uncovering secrets she never expected, Caroline begins to re...
24K 584 15
Ranking #5 for Klaroline -28th July 2020 Ranking #4 for Klauslovestory - 2 Aug 2020 A story..hmm no the happily ever after Klaus dreamed that he wish...
29.9K 710 13
Elena and Caroline moved away from Mystic Falls last year away from there lives what happens when someone finds them and there secret