A Persistent Lover

Por elizpua

The gang has failed to kill Klaus and Caroline decides she needs to get out of Mystic Falls. She hardly suspe... Más

Off to London
Two Can Play the Game
The First Date Part 1
The First Date Part 2
Of Dreams and Reality
Patience is a Virtue
Signs of Love
So Beautiful
All For the First Time
Another Persistent Lover
Kisses and Tears
And So It Begins
Confessions
Soulmates
The Werewolf
A Sacrifice
In Your Arms
Home Sweet Home
Love and Hardships
Apologies
Dates and Pranks
Off to Rome
One Year later

The Vampire's Weakness

5.9K 161 171
Por elizpua

He hadn't realized he was holding his breath until he saw the Original named Rebekah vanish with Caroline. He still could not pin point why Caroline was of such great value to him, but like he had told her...the idea of her dead agonized him.

"I am sorry Lucy...but I can't let you harm Caroline."

He let go of her neck. She stumbled back, grasping at the wall with a look of complete disbelief.

"I will not allow you to kill her," he seriously stated again, his black eyes defiant and brave.

Finally, Lucy rose to her full height, a spark of anger flashing in her eyes.

"How dare you," she hissed. Any passerby would have frozen in terror at the menace in her voice.

"How dare you turn against your maker. How dare you defend a girl who is worth nothing. Who has stolen what is mine! Have you lost your mind?"

"Perhaps..." Dominic whispered. His mind was trailing back to Caroline, hoping she was safe now. "She cannot be harmed."

"Why?" screeched Lucy. "You've hardly spent any time with that girl and now you are choosing her over me?" Why?"

Dominic only hesitated the briefest moment, before deciding to be completely honest with his maker.

"She is the loveliest thing I have seen in ages. It feels me with complete agony that a vampire with so much light and goodness should be killed for a selfish reason like our own. I believe that if I am to continue my loyalty to you, we must kill Klaus without your plan of sacrificing Caroline."

Lucy let out a chilling laugh. Dominic calmly watched as his maker wiped some tears from her eyes, still giggling.

"Oh Dominic how charming! How absolutely charming! But I fear killing Klaus is not an option."

This caught Dominic's attention. He cocked his head to the side, his eyes turning blacker.

"Because....you see Dominic...I never meant to kill Klaus...."

Dominic was in front of her in a second. "Excuse me?"

Lucy simpered. "I'm in love with Klaus, Dominic. We were made for each other. I only want to rid Caroline so I can gain my Klaus back. Honestly, I thought you would eventually catch my falsehood...apparently not."

Dominic had his hand back on Lucy's throat, his blood boiling and black eyes ablaze.

"I am giving you one chance right now to tell me if you are lying. Or else I will leave you with your rotten misguided beliefs of your love for Niklaus. And I will do everything in my power to protect Caroline and ensure her happiness."

"Does it look like I'm lying?" Lucy spat out.

They stared at each other for a moment. In that moment, Dominic saw that Lucy was, in fact, honest. She loved Niklaus and was going to win him back. It was a pitiful goal, but so it was.

Dominic ran, turning his back on Lucy and his known life. He raced away until he was at the edge of the ocean, the cool breeze filling his senses.

He had never in his existence had taken a fancy to a girl this quickly. It was her goodness, her kind-natured laugh and her sweet smile...those were his secret desires that he had finally found in an immortal. Things he had never seen in another vampire. His eyes softened at the thought of comforting her and protecting her from the evil of the world. Evil was light's worst enemy.

His heart hardened at the thought of her lover. Niklaus. The man who had murdered his family and his life. The monster and the murderer. Caroline had chosen this man to be her protector and comforter...a man who was evil himself. How could she? Had she seen something in Niklaus he hadn't. Did she personally yearn for that taste of darkness and evil?

He growled, working his hand through his thick black hair. He was now faced with the choice of continuing his revenge on Niklaus, thus hurting Caroline or protecting her as he had said to Lucy, therefore putting off his hatred towards Niklaus.

He picked up his cell and dialed the number he had memorized by heart, making the final choice that would define him for the next portion of his life.

Love was a vampire's greatness weakness. Niklaus Mikaelson had never spoken truer words.

"Hello, Niklaus. You may not know me, but I go by the name of Dominic...."

"You are with Lucy," Klaus growled, cradling Caroline closer to his chest. The need to protect was now tenfold after her encounter with his ex-lover.

"Not anymore," Dominic's voice said softly. Klaus could hear the sadness in his voice.

"What has happened?" demanded Klaus.

"Lucy has lied to me. I had understood that she wished to kill you, however, I know now that that is false. I am calling to offer you my services in Caroline's protection, for Lucy still intends to rid the world of her."

"...and why would you want to protect Caroline, pray tell..." Klaus whispered dangerously.

"I fancy her," Dominic responded with no hesitation.

Rebekah turned to catch Klaus' reaction, Elijah looking into the rearview mirror. Both had been eavesdropping until now. They couldn't bear to be pretending to be daydreaming anymore.

Klaus growled low in his throat. The noise pulled Caroline vaguely out of her consciousness, reminding her of the time she witnessed Klaus as a monster. She whimpered lightly at the memory.

Klaus immediately stopped his growl, noticing Caroline's fear. He kissed her lightly on the nose in an attempt to ease her.

"She's mine," Klaus hissed fiercely into the phone.

"Technically not," Dominic smirked on the other end. "You still have not marked each other."

"We are together," Klaus restated. His anger was slowly starting to take control. "I believe you called about offering your services, would you like to expand on that?"

"Yes, of course. I am willing to help you find a witch powerful enough to withdraw the protection spell on Lucy."

"Done," Klaus stated and was about to hang up before Dominic stopped him.

"I must ask for something before I help you."

"And what possibly could that be?"

"...an apology."

"A what?" Klaus sputtered, not expecting that.

"A little more than a hundred years ago, you slaughtered a town outside of Moscow. My family was in that town. I was working in the city. You murdered by parents, my sisters, and my younger brother in your rage."

Klaus was silent before he replied, "I have killed many people. You will have to pardon me if I do not remember them."

"All I want is an apology," Dominic spoke in a whisper, his voice breaking at the memory.

Klaus had every intention of saying no, but a soft hand on his cheek stopped him.

Caroline had been listening to every word. She knew Klaus well enough now to know what his answer would be and she meant to change that.

"Klaus, please apologize," she whispered. He gazed at her in mute disbelief.

"Klaus...all he wants is an apology. You can do that, can't you?"

Klaus gazed down into her sad and tired eyes. She looked so unlike her usual peppy self. The sight hurt him.

"Will that make you happy, love?" he asked her softly.

She nodded and snuggled into his chest.

With a sigh, he turned to the cell and responded. "Dominic, I apologize for murdering your family. It was cruel and wrong. I was not in my right mind...no, I have never been in my right mind and your family suffered the consequences of that."

Caroline saw from the corner of her eye Rebekah mouthing to her, "How in the bloody hell did you make him do that?"

"I accept your apology," was Dominic's response. "Now...shall I meet you in the city sometime tomorrow?"

"NO!" Caroline stood firm and stubborn facing Klaus. "There is no way in hell I'm going to let you leave me to go fight off Lucy!"

Klaus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He knew he would have to face this moment today and he was absolutely correct in his assumption that Caroline would not cooperate.

"Sweetheart, you almost died yesterday. The longer you stay here, Lucy is given more and more chances to kill you. I cannot allow that to happen."

"But why can't I just stay with you and fight? Besides every time Lucy has tried to hurt me, I've been separated from you. If we just stayed together and fought we would both be so much more protected. We have each other's backs, remember?"

He cupped her face in his hands, dying a little at not giving her what she wanted.

"Caroline Forbes, you are the most precious thing that I have ever seen in this world. You must believe me when I say that I want you to stay with me always, but I cannot risk it. I have to do the right thing and sent you away to safety."

"Why do you men always do that!" She pulled back and let a few tears finally fall out. "Why must men always have to protect their girl and break her heart. Why can't they see that us women want to fight with you and be by your side when you fight evil? Sure, we might get injured in the process, but we at least fought with you as equals! Why can't we protect you?"

He silently kissed her tears away, adoring her want to stay by his side. How he longed to give her what she desired, but with her life at risk, it was unacceptable.

"Because it's the honorable thing to do, sweetheart. A man loves his girl too much to put her at risk."

"...what did you say?" Caroline's face suddenly was up facing his, eyes wide and hopeful.

Klaus stood rock still, understanding the impact of what he said. He couldn't face her like this. Not when his heart was pounding with this uncontrollable emotion at this inappropriate time of peril.

"You are going to London with Rebekah to stay safe. That is final, Caroline. It is the only way to ensure your safety for now." And with a dash, he left the room, leaving a very sad, angry, and confused Caroline.

She refused to look at him on the car ride to the airport. She even refused to talk to Elijah, no matter how polite he was with her. He was siding with Klaus on this.

She did speak to Rebekah. The other blonde was also furious that she was being sent away, but she remained loyal to Klaus' desires.

Klaus attempted to hold Caroline's hand on the drive there, but Caroline smacked his hand at every attempt, a little too hard. Rebekah would have laughed if not for her brother's hurtful face every time Caroline refused him. And she liked Caroline too much now to step into her brother's defense.

Caroline could no longer deny the ugly truth. She wanted Klaus. And not just in the sexual way. She wanted to be with him; fight by his side and let him take her all over the world. Her tears at his insistence of her removal had confirmed that. Several months ago, she would have laughed at the idea of wanting this mass murderer, but it seemed impossible now for her to not want him.

"So no goodbye's love?" Klaus asked rather sadly once they arrived at security.

Caroline just glared at him. Her blue eyes ablaze and her foot tapping in a steady angry tempo.

"Bye," Rebekah filled in the silence, she also in a foul mood. "Try not to get yourself killed."

She hugged Elijah in farewell. Caroline noticed again the hurtful look on Klaus' face as Rebekah left to take her spot in line.

"Promise me you'll make sure you get this over with quickly," Caroline said to Elijah, purposefully ignoring Klaus.

"Only if you promise to contact Elena once you get to London," spoke Elijah in his usual manner.

"Sure, whatever," Caroline scoffed, hiding the pain that she knew would follow that call.

She turned and started to follow Rebekah, leaving Klaus in her wake.

Elijah turned to Klaus. "You picked yourself one challenge of a woman, did you not?"

Klaus started to walk away. "Obviously. We have to meet Dominic soon, I suggest we leave if we are to be prompt." His voice emotionless.

He was cut off from walking by a sudden weight on his back. He immediately turned to hit this untimely offender when Caroline's mouth descended onto his, cutting off any words he was about to say.

He grasped her to him, practically moaning into her mouth. The absence of her touch all morning made this kiss so much more passionate, his hands grasping her face to hold her closer. She pulled back all too soon and placed her lips right near his ear.

"I will come to you as soon as this is over. And when you kill Lucy and become the superhero you've always wanted to be, I'm coming straight back to you and I'm going to make you mine, do you understand?"

Klaus lifted her face to look at her. His eyes bright with hope and lust.

"You want me?"

Caroline kissed him hard, trying to convey all her feelings into this one kiss, as words could not stress the want she felt.

"And I will make you mine....forever," whispered Klaus close to her lips, so softly that only Caroline could hear.

"Yes," she whispered back. Her eyes reflecting back the same emotions of want and happiness in Klaus'.

They gazed at each other until Elijah cleared his throat. "Caroline, you must leave now if you are to make your flight."

Caroline lightly tugged on his dog chains. "Please hurry....for me."

Klaus returned with a tug at her own chain. "Anything for you, love,"

Caroline rushed back to Rebekah. Her smile radiant.

"That was disgusting," announced Rebekah. The sight of her brother making out was one she would rather like to forget, but felt she would be seeing more often in her future....sadly.

Caroline merely winked.

Klaus and Elijah found Dominic sitting on a bench at the entrance of a park nearing the afternoon. The man stood when he saw the two brothers come towards him, their faces hard and stern.

"Your brother, I assume," he addressed to Klaus.

"Elijah, Dominic. Dominic, Elijah. Now be quick, I would like us to be on our way," Klaus spoke with impatience. The man fancied Caroline, therefore he wanted to leave before his jealousy got control of him.

"Let the man take his time," Elijah said with his usual wisdom. He, however, was also impatient.

Dominic continued. "As I have said, I am willing to find a witch who may turn the spell on Lucy. As a Watcher, I believe I may find one quickly and efficiently."

"How long?" demanded Klaus.

"I would need perhaps a week or two."

"And you call that quick?"

"Yes...yes I do." Dominic replied coolly. Their gazes met in mutual dislike.

"What would you have us do while you hunt?" Elijah questioned, always prepared for a deal.

"Simply to avoid Lucy at all costs. Make sure she doesn't leave this city."

"Simple enough," muttered Klaus. He would do anything to ensure that Lucy remained ignorant to Caroline's current location.

"Very good. Now I must leave you gentlemen, if I am to begin my search. Give my regards to Caroline won't you?" He was gone in an instant.

"Well that was a rather short meeting," announced Elijah, breaking the silence. "I say we head back to the hotel, rest before tomorrow."

"You can go. I would like some time to myself, if you please," Klaus replied. His gaze fell on an isolated path in the park.

"Very well brother," Elijah awkwardly put a hand on Klaus' shoulder, before heading off into the heart of Athens.

Klaus walked down the path, his mind in so many places at once. Caroline wanted him. Finally, after what seemed forever, she wanted him. He should feel happy. And he was. But the fear of her safety took over his soul. He could not be killed, but Caroline could easily be snatched away in seconds. He walked for what seemed like hours, His thoughts wandering to and fro, but focused on the sole object of Caroline.

He was suddenly thrown to the ground when a spasm of pain shot through his head. He looked up to see four people advancing towards him, heads down and furrowed with concentration.

Damn witches.

His survival instincts immediately kicked in. With a growl, he threw himself onto the nearest witch. Even with the deafening ringing in his head, he was strong enough for this one attack.

The witch screamed as his throat met Klaus' fangs. The blood had hardly started to seep before another blow hit him. He roared with pain as the witches' power only grew and grew.

His head would surely burst if the pain grew any larger. His body heaved with lost energy, his eyes slowly closing into unconsciousness.

God, he hated witches.

He woke up to find himself in a very large room. Smaller to what he was used to, but large nonetheless. And it was completely blood red.

The bed, the walls, even the furniture. It was actually disturbing how blood-like this color was.

"Ah, you're awake darling!"

Lucy's voice echoed throughout the room, his eyes scanned the every corner of it, trying to distinguish where it was coming from. He noticed that the room held no door

"Don't bother looking for me, Klaus. You can't see me. Only I can see you. I hope the room is to your liking?"

"What are you doing," Klaus spoke in a voice that was so chilling, he hardly recognized it himself.

"I've only taken matter into my own hands. This room is controlled by my witches, whom as we speak are performing a very difficult memory spell. I think it will be a very short time until you have forgotten all about your little blonde companion."

"That is not impossible," Klaus spoke in a terrifying whisper. His controlled calmness was positively horrifying.

Lucy cheerfully went on.

"It is the only way to reach to you, darling! I still plan on killing her, if you were wondering. She is highly bothersome. I believe she has left Athens, has she not."

"If you even touch her....I assure you I will find ways to make your torture so painful you will be begging me for your death."

Lucy giggled. "My oh my, you are rather sexy when you threaten, Klaus. Anyway, I must return to my murder business. With Dominic gone, it's become quite tricky to find people."

Her voice disappeared from within the room. Klaus stood for a long moment, still in his unusual calmness. So he had failed. He promised Caroline to let her come back to a safe and wholesome Klaus and Athens. He promised her all this and more, and failed.

He crashed to the ground, his head lying on the floor, his fists clenched with self-hatred. He failed her.

"Caroline!" he gasped out. If he believed he had a soul, he would say it was weeping. How could he, the hybrid Niklaus Mikaelson, fall so low as to be kidnapped and captured and then to have failed the only thing that he had only ever truly....loved.

"Caroline," he gasped out again, his voice breaking. Too late he realized he loved her. Too late he was to realize he should have never ever left her side for a moment.

In a second, he was pounding at the walls in blind rage. The abomination was unleashed, his yellow eyes alight and his fangs elongated.

He battered away until tiredness took hold of him. Not a dent was seen in the wall.

He rested his head against the wall. "Oh, Caroline..."

Caroline rested her head down onto Chloe's soft guestroom pillow, sleep slowly taking over body. It had been a long day. To her complete sadness, Rebekah had to compel Chloe to not ask questions and allow herself and Caroline to stay at her home for a while. She knew that it was necessary, but she still felt like a horrid friend.

"You going to sleep?" Rebekah's voice drifted through the air. Her bed was on the opposite side of the room.

"Yes...good night Rebekah," replied Caroline sleepily. She would need this for Rebekah's shopping spree tomorrow.

"Caroline!"

Caroline shot up from her bed, hand gripping her chest. She looked around the room in panic. That voice...it sounded so much like...

"Caroline!" There it was again! Her chest suddenly felt tight. She could have sworn that voice was coming from within her. The sound had created a painful vibration throughout her body, as if her soul was in agony.

"Caroline, are you alright?" Rebekah yawned out.

"What? Oh yeah I'm fine," Caroline replied. She threw herself into the covers, holding a pillow tight to her sore heart. She closed her eyes, fighting off the pain and deciding to think about what had just happened tomorrow.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

79K 2.3K 16
Bonnie produces a spell that sends Caroline into the past; learning more about Klaus and uncovering secrets she never expected, Caroline begins to re...
13.6K 273 15
Fanfic about Klaroline. Crossover between TVD 7-14 and TO 3-14, created the story from there, which deviates from the original plot from both series...
74.1K 1.5K 18
Elena and Kol get trapped together they discover something. That her friends and boyfriend arent going to like. #1 Kolena2/10/2021 #1 Hayleymarshall...
45.8K 1.4K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗂'𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝗁𝗒𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝗂 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂'𝗆 𝖼𝖺𝗉...