Merciful - TVD [2]

By arios2004

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." TVD - Seasons 3 + 4 More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
SEASON FOUR
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

7

8.4K 260 119
By arios2004

France, 1224

The following day, Mallory approached Kol, where she stood just outside the castle as he shot arrows with a bow at the wooden target that was about twenty feet away from him, "I can't help but wonder whose face you're imagining on that piece of wood," She spoke up and Ko didn't bother to turn to her, "A certain fiancee of mine, I presume?"

Kol chuckled, a smile on his face as he glanced at Mallory for a brief moment before looking away, "You are the one who said it, love, not me," He commented and Mallory walked closer to him, smiling.

"I was unlucky enough to witness the scene that occurred between the two of you at breakfast. You're lucky they didn't have you arrested. Charles comes from one of the wealthiest families in Europe, he even has the blood of English royalty coursing through his veins. He has the whole entire country backing him. One wrong move and he could have you executed," She explained to him and Kol scoffed, feeling it to be ironic that Mallory really thought an ordinary man like Charles could take down someone as powerful as him, an original vampire.

Kol sighed, taking off his leather gloves before setting them down with the bow and arrow he was using. He began to walk closer to Mallory, "I don't think I am to feel lucky anymore. I used to; like the day I was lucky enough to meet you, the time we were lucky enough to spend together after that day. Now, those days when I think about them, they make me feel like I'm being daggered in the heart."

Mallory shook her head, sighing out, "Let us not speak of this, Kol," She told him quietly.

She went to grab his hand but knew that it put them at risk of being found out. Not caring anymore of the consequences, she stepped forward and Kol immediately cupped her face with his hands, "Kol, I want--I just wish we could--" She began to say, but Kol cut her off.

"Mallory, you were right when you said we couldn't," He warned her quietly, shaking his head as he glanced around, "We can't be anywhere inside or anywhere near the castle together without having people grow suspicious. It puts your life at risk and I refuse to let that happen."

Mallory was silent for a long moment before finally thinking of a plan, "Maybe we could find some other place, then," She suggested, "Meet me just outside the woods at sunrise tomorrow. There's a small field located there, surrounded by bushes, no one would be able to see us from the castle. It can be our secret meeting place from this day forward. No one would ever know."

Kol remained silent and nodded his head, agreeing with her plan, "I must go now," Mallory told him, placing Kol's hand in her own. She kissed his hand, just before walking off.

PRESENT DAY, MYSTIC FALLS

The night before the first day of school, Mallory was in one of the classrooms along with Tyler, Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie, placing mouse traps everywhere for senior prank night, "Why are you even helping us with senior prank night?" Bonnie asked Mallory curiously, "Aren't you a junior?"

Caroline smiled, glancing between her and Mallory, "Haven't you heard?" She asked in a joking way, "Mallory was too smart to be a junior so they let her skip a grade."

The group began to laugh and Mallory nodded her head, "Honestly, the town should really be giving the school's staff vervain. I compelled them to allow me to be a senior even though I'm supposed to be a junior, I rarely ever actually get through every single class period of the day without skipping, yet I still have an 'A' in every class." She explained and Elena was quick to point something out.

"Except for Ric," She spoke up, "He still makes you do all the tests."

"But I still have an A," Mallory commented and Tyler quick to add in something.

"Maybe that's because you were alive when all of the events that we've learned about have happened," He reminded with a smile on his face and the whole group knew he was right.

"Touche," She responded just before Matt opened the classroom door. The lights were off and when he walked in, only to end up setting off a number of mouse traps that had been placed on the floor by the group.

Matt turned on the light, only to see his friends giving him an annoyed look, "Oh, come on! Seriously!" Caroline complained loudly, "Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up! Mallory already set them off once and now you? Really!"

"Hey, that wasn't my fault," Mallory pouted, crossing her arms over her chest, "It was dark. How was I supposed to know Elena was standing right behind me?"

The group began to laugh at Mallory's complaining until Tyler spoke up, "Forget about senior prank night, huh?" He asked Matt with a smile on his face.

"Clearly," Matt replied, chuckling lightly.

"How could you forget?" Caroline questioned him in a whiny tone, "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"Not me," Mallory commented, "I'm only doing this because Caroline finally convinced me to after a week."

"They both have a point," Elena spoke up with a smile on his face, "If even Mallory, who barely attended five full days of class last year is doing this, you're doing this."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing," Matt replied, glancing around at the whole group.

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie informed her in an annoyed tone.

"We're about to be seniors," Caroline began to tell him, "These are the memories that stay with us forever, and if we don't--"

Before Caroline could finish her sentence, Elena began to say it for her, "And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it?"

Caroline turned to Elena, "Go ahead and make fun, I don't care." She replied with an attitude while Elena and Bonnie smiled at her in amusement.

"You're all lame," Tyler spoke up, "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank."

"I'll come with," Mallory decided and Tyler held out his hand.

Mallory immediately grabbed his hand and the two of them exited the classroom.

______

In the hallway, Mallory was applying honey to one of the classroom door's doorknobs while Tyler stood beside her. Just as he was about to speak up, Mallory's phone rang. She took it out of her pocket, only to see it was Damon trying to video chat her, "Since when does Damon video chat?" Tyler commented and Mallory couldn't help but feel as though he was right.

"Since never. " She commented, quickly pressing the answer button, only to see Katherine's face, "What the hell are you doing with Damon's phone?" She complained a frown on her face.

"Don't worry, Damon's right here," Katherine assured her, turning the camera a bit to reveal Damon jokingly waving at her.

"What do you two want?" Mallory asked them annoyed.

"Centuries ago, you told me about a vampire who knew how to kill Klaus. Then when I ask to know more, you refused to tell me anything else. I think it's time you finally tell me who exactly this vampire is," Katherine explained and Mallory was hesitant, knowing that if they unleashed that vampire, Klaus wouldn't be the only one dead. They would all be.

"I'm not telling you anything," Mallory replied, shaking her head.

"You see, I knew you would say that. That's why we brought him," Katherine told her, causing Mallory to frown.

Her eyes widened when Katherine made it so the camera on the phone was facing Jeremy, who sat on top of a wooden picnic table, "I'm still not helping." Mallory replied, "You're not going to hurt him. I'm calling your bluff."

"Mallory, they're just trying to help," Jeremy tried to convince her.

"I don't care, Jeremy. If I give you the information, Katherine will know it, too, and she is not a friend to any of us." She explained to him.

Damon began to walk over to Jeremy, which Mallory could see through the camera, "Jeremy, I just want you to know, it's nothing personal," He told him, just before roughly slamming his head on the table, causing a wound to form on his forehead as he yelled out in pain.

"Jeremy!" Mallory exclaimed worriedly.

"Mallory, tell us what you know right now and quit keeping the secrets. The sooner, the better for little Gilbert here. We all know he broke your heart but that doesn't mean you don't still care for him. Feelings like that don't just go away," Damon explained to Mallory, causing the girl to tense up, knowing Damon would hurt Jeremy if she didn't give him the information.

"You're looking for Mikael!" Mallory blurted out.

Katherine turned the camera so that it was facing her as Damon let go of his grip on Jeremy, "Mikael," She repeated what Mallory had said, "Is that his name?"

"Who's Mikael?" Damon asked his sister.

"He's the vampire who hunts vampires," Mallory informed him, "You would be signing your death sentence if you were to wake him. He will kill all of us."

"What do you mean, wake him?" Jeremy asked Mallory with a confused look on his face.

Mallory sighed out, "I'll text you the address of the cemetery he's locked up in." She told them before hanging up.

Mallory turned to Tyler, who was silent her whole phone call, "I don't still care for Jeremy," She quickly said to him, "I only told them the information because they needed to know. I let them believe it was because of Jeremy that I told them, but it's not true."

Tyler smiled, pulling Mallory closer to her, "Hey, it's okay. I don't care, really. I know Jeremy's out of the picture," He assured her and Mallory smiled at him.

Mallory leaned forward, pressing her lips against Tyler's, not even noticing Rebekah walking toward them, "Well, aren't you two adorable." She commented, causing Mallory to quickly push Tyler away from her as she turned to Rebekah with wide eyes, "But I'd admit, not as cute as Mallory and Kol were."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Mallory asked Rebekah and Tyler noticed how Mallory looked somewhat fearful.

"Mallory Montague. It's been a while since I last saw you. Nik's told me all about your new life in Mystic Falls. Going to high school, changing your last name, refraining from your old ways..." Rebekah trailed off, turning to Tyler, "Dating a werewolf for the second time. Tyler Lockwood, I presume?"

When it became silent, Rebekah allowed her fangs to grow and she showed her vampire face, rushing at Mallory, "Mallory!" Tyler shouted in concern.

Within the blink of an eye, Rebekah had Mallory pinned against the lockers, giving her no way to move, "You should be glad Klaus said you're off limits and I'm not allowed to hurt you. That is asking a lot of me after everything you put my brother through. He thought you were dead. He mourned you. Come to find out, you've been alive this whole time."

Mallory chuckled lightly, "Your brother Klaus is the one who turned me. Why don't you take it up with him? He's been chasing me for eight hundred years, how the hell didn't you and Kol know I was alive?" She questioned her, "Huh. I guess they're right when they say blondes are dumb."

Rebekah, angered by what Mallory was saying, roughly grabbed the girl by the hair with one hand and used her other to grab Tyler's arm, "Why does he get dragged by the arm and I get dragged by the hair!" Mallory complained, causing Rebekah to roll her eyes.

"Just shut up, Mal. I am in no mood for your attempts of being funny." Rebekah told her and Mallory frowned in confusion.

"I wasn't trying to be funny," Mallory replied, causing Rebekah to sigh since she knew there was no use in trying to get Mallory to stop. The girl was clearly doing it on purpose to annoy Rebekah.

Rebekah dragged both Tyler and Mallory into the gym, where Matt, Bonnie, and Elena were standing with Klaus, "Get off of me!" Tyler growled at Rebekah.

"Hush now," Rebekah replied as she continued to pull them closer to the rest of the group.

"For those of you except for Mallory, I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah," Klaus introduced his sister, gesturing his hand toward her, "Word of warning: She can be quite mean."

"Understatement of the year," Mallory commented, wincing in pain as Rebekah continued to hold Mallory by the hair.

"Don't be an ass! Both of you!" Rebekah complained, pushing Tyler over to Klaus before she let go of Mallory's hair and instead, pinned her hands to her back.

"Leave him alone!" Mallory growled, trying to get out of Rebekah's grip to help Tyler, knowing what Klaus was about to do. Why else did he want to get ahold of the only werewolf remaining in Mystic Falls?

"I'm going to make this very simple," Klaus announced loudly, walking over to the middle of the gym while still holding onto Tyler, "Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during transition. It's quite horrible, actually," He paused, biting into his wrist before placing it to Tyler's mouth.

Klaus got Tyler into a headlock as the werewolf struggled to to consume the blood being given to him. Mallory tried her hardest to get out of Rebekah's grip, "Klaus, please!" Mallory pleaded, "I beg of you!"

"Hush now, love," Klaus told her with a grin on his face, "If the transition is successful, I'll be doing you a favor." He turned to Bonnie, "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake..." He trailed off and broke Tyler's neck, causing Mallory to loudly gasp, "I'd hurry."

_____

Dana and Chad, two humans they went to school with, sat down on the floor together after being compelled while Matt and Malory sat beside Tyler's temporarily dead body, "He killed him." Matt spoke up, looking as if he was trying his hardest not to cry.

"He's not dead," Mallory informed him, an emotionless look on her face as she tried her hardest not to cry at the thought of Tyler dying if they didn't find a solution to Klaus' problem, "Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire."

Klaus hopped off of where he sat beside Rebekah on the bleachers and walked over to the group with his sister following close behind, "And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena..." He trailed off as he roughly grabbed Elena by the arm and looked at her with a smile on his face, "For safe-keeping."

Bonnie turned her head to look at Elena, shaking her head, which told Elena she didn't want to leave her. Elena nodded her head in reassuring, telling her to go. Hesitantly, Bonnie left, taking Matt with her.

After they were gone, Rebekah walked over to Elena and stood behind her, "So this is the latest Doppelganger," She spoke up, causing Elena to gasp and jump in fright, "The original one was much prettier."

"Katherine's the prettiest in my opinion," Mallory commented jokingly, "No offense to you, Elena."

"Maybe you're right," Rebekah replied to what Mallory had said, "But that girl's personality makes it be otherwise."

"Enough, both of you," Klaus complained before turning to Rebekah, "Rebekah, take the wolf boy and Mallory elsewhere, would you?"

Rebekah sarcastically smiled at Elena and Klaus before walking over to where Mallory sat next to Tyler's body. She grabbed Mallory by the arm, "Up you go, sweetheart," She said sarcastically before grabbing Tyler's arm with her other hand, dragging him along with her and Mallory as she left the gym.

___

Meanwhile later, Mallory continued to sit beside Tyler's body. Caroline laid unconscious near them after Rebekah broke her neck just before she kidnapped Tyler and Mallory.

"I didn't have a choice, you know," Mallory commented, causing Rebekah to turn to her, "Klaus compelled me to forget all about Kol and I being together. He made me see him as an enemy, which made me run any time he was nearby. I didn't get those memories back until recently. You have to believe me."

Before Rebekah could respond, Caroline woke up on the floor, groaning in pain, "We didn't have mobile telephones in my day. Would have made life a whole lot easier, I suppose." Rebekah commented, taking a picture of herself using Caroline's phone.

"What happened?" Caroline asked confused as she turned to Mallory, only to see her lying beside Tyler's body. She quickly rushed over them, glancing down at Tyler's body before over to Rebekah, "What did you do to him?"

"Think of it as he's having a nap," Rebekah informed her, "When he wakes up, he'll be a hybrid."

Rebekah was swiping through pictures on the phone when she was a picture of Stefan and Elena, "Ugh. Vomit." She commented, a disgusted look on her face.

Knowing she must have seen a picture of Elena and Stefan together, Mallory scoffed, "What? You jealous?" She questioned her and Rebekah rolled her eyes at her.

"Stick a sock in it, Mallory. Before I do it for you," She threatened the girl, only the have her eyes widened as she zoomed in on the picture to her own necklace around Elena's neck.

"Is that my neck--" She began to ask before quickly getting up. She walked over to Mallory, looking down at her, "Why is that doppelgänger bitch wearing my necklace?"

"How am I supposed to know?" Mallory asked, playing stupid.

Feeling as though she was lying, Rebekah grabbed Mallory up and slammed her against the lockers, holding her by the neck. Rebekah began compelling her, not knowing that Mallory took vervain on the daily, "Why is Elena Gilbert wearing my necklace?" She asked Mallory, who decided to act like she was actually being compelled.

"I don't know," Mallory replied in a calm tone and finally, Rebekah let got of her, allowing Mallory's feet to touch the ground once more.

Rebekah ran off to go tell her brother of the news while tried to catch her breath, rubbing her neck, "What the hell is it with that family and trying to choke me?" She complained.

___

Later on, in the chemistry classroom, Mallory sat patiently beside Tyler's body, which was laid out on the table. Caroline sat near her while Rebekah sat from afar. Rebekah checked how much time was remaining on Caroline's phone and saw that there were three minutes remaining.

Suddenly, Tyler woke up with a gasp and Mallory immediately stood up, grabbing his face with her hands, "Hey, calm down!" She warned him as Tyler panted for breath.

Tyler glanced around, confused, "Where am I? What happened?" he asked her concerned, "What's going on?"

Mallory sighed out, "Tyler, Klaus is turning you into a hybrid. You're in transition." She informed him and Rebekah was quick to speak up as Tyler's eyes widened in shock.

"Don't leave out the hard part, sweets," Rebekah reminded her before turning to Tyler, "You'll only survive if your witch is successful. If not...You're pretty much dead."

Tyler sat up and Mallory rubbed his back, sharing a worried glance with Caroline, "You're going to be okay, Tyler. Okay?" She tried to assure him, "Everything's going to be okay. Bonnie's going to find the solution."

"I wonder how she's doing," Rebekah commented, looking at the clock on the phone. Once getting a glance, she turned it around to show them, revealing there to be two minutes remaining, "Tick tock goes the gym clock."

Meanwhile later, while Caroline and Mallory were trying their best to comfort Tyler, Klaus suddenly entered, causing everyone to look at him, "Well, the verdict's in. The original witch says the doppelgänger should be dead." He informed the group.

Rebekah smiled, getting up from her seat before walking over to where Klaus stood in front of Caroline, Tyler, and Mallory, "Does that mean we can kill her?" She asked, clearly ecstatic about the newfound information.

"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite," Klaus told her sister and Mallory surprisingly found herself sighing in relief.

"What?" Rebekah asked confused as she placed her around Caroline and pulled her away back, restraining her. Caroline gasped out and turned to Mallory, who stood in place next to Tyler, not moving her spot.

"Call it a hunch," He replied, showing a test tube containing blood to Tyler while Rebekah held Caroline back so that couldn't move, "Elena's blood. Drink it."

"No! No, no, no, Tyler, don't!" Caroline shouted while Mallory didn't do anything, "Mallory, do something! What aren't you doing anything?"

"Because, Caroline," Mallory nearly shouted, "If Tyler doesn't feed, he'll die. At least if he takes his blood, there's a chance he'll live." She explained to Klaus, who smirked.

"At least someone understands my logic," He commented, earning a glare from Mallory.

"Shut up," She snapped at him before snatching the vile of blood from Klaus.

Mallory placed a hand on Tyler's back while using the other to hold the test tube of blood in front of Tyler, "It's okay, Tyler. Just drink the blood. It'll help you." She told him quietly and because he trusted Mallory more than anyone, Tyler immediately took the test tube and slowly drank the blood from it.

"There we go. Good boy." Klaus praised him.

Tyler began to cough, rolling over the desk before falling onto the floor, screaming and groaning. Klaus quickly grabbed Mallory by arm, pulling her next to him and away from Tyler's, "I'd stay back if I were you." He warned her and Mallory quickly glanced at him before looking back at Tyler, a hopeful look on her face.

Tyler clutched his head and continued to scream in pain. Both of them watching closely, Klaus and Mallory knelt in front of Tyler, waiting for the moment when they saw him finally change into a successful hybrid. Tyler lifted his head up, revealing his eyes to be yellow like a werewolf, yet he had fangs and veins under his eyes like a vampire.

Mallory found herself sighing in relief that Tyler was now okay. Klaus smiled, glancing at Mallory before back at Tyler, "Well, that's a good sign," He said before looking up at Rebekah, deciding to make a good, "It looks like our brother finally has some actual competition for Mallory's affection."

_____

Mallory and Tyler were walking down the hallway, holding hands. Mallory stared at Tyler intently, studying his behavior closely. Tyler turned his head to look a Mallory, noticing her staring at him, "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" He asked her curiously with a smile on her face, "I've seen that look on you before. It's the look you make when you're expecting something bad to happen."

Mallory sighed out, giving Tyler a concerned look, "Are you sure you're okay? Do you feel alright?" She questioned him.

Tyler's smile became even large, "I feel great, Mal." He replied, "I mean, like, phenomenal. It's a rush. I wish I could explain it. I'm so glad you told me to drink that blood. I wouldn't have done it if you told me not to."

"Caroline's pissed at me, I think," Mallory replied, "I agreed with Klaus on the fact that you should take the blood. I don't think she liked that."

"Well, she should get over it," Tyler commented, causing Mallory to laugh at his bluntness, "Without you, I would've been dead. And honestly, everything around me feels...Better."

Just then, Tyler lifted Mallory up in his arms, spinning her around. Mallory laughed at his actions as Tyler set her back down on the ground. Mallory wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling Tyler in for a kiss.

After a moment, Mallory pulled away from the kiss, continuing to smile, "I'm going to teach you everything there is to be a vampire," She whispered to him quietly.

Tyler smiled back at her, "This is going to be an amazing year." He commented and Mallory chuckled.

"Well, let's go hope so after everything that happened last year," She replied with a sigh, "But who knows? This is Mystic Falls. Anything can happen."

Tyler nodded his head, knowing that she was right. He wrapped an arm around Mallory, just before they walked down the hallway together.

AN: Klaus and Rebekah just love mentioning Kol and Mallory's relationship all the time. Lol. Also, Rebekah and Mallory will have a definite antagonistic relationship and rivalry, even though they used to be close friends back when Mallory was human and the Mikaelsons lived in France.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC
174K 6K 85
𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 - ❝𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙚'𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧?❞...
2.4K 87 12
In which four strangers are brought to the tvd world together after an unfortunate accident costs their lives. Will they survive in a world where po...