Paradise

Від m00n_drunk

Book 1 of the Paradise Series. - 3019: The world was now advanced in all sorts of technology. They were stro... Більше

Author's Note
Prologue
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Author's Note
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen

Three

1.2K 60 7
Від m00n_drunk

3019, Earth

"We need to get in touch with the space center," said Ben, referring to Justine as Ben drove the spaceship past numerous buildings. Many other spaceships were flying around as well. Justine was sitting on the passenger seat, beside the driver. On Justine's right was a small device planted on the dashboard that was probably a communication device for the police force. Upon seeing this, he nodded to Ben and began working on it.

Jones and Rizza sat at the backseat of the police ship. Neither of them said anything as they zoomed past colorful buildings and blurs of different models of spaceships. Despite their situation, they were in awe of their surroundings.

At last, Jones peeled her face away from the window, her face frowning. All of reality came back to her as she remembered what happened in the past hour.

Jose was captured.

Rizza realized this and patted her back. "Are you okay?"

"No," replied Jones. "Obviously."

Rizza sighed. "I know it's hard to get over someone you left, but sometimes, you have to leave them. I was an orphan who was raised by an arrogant wealthy family. They taught me how to survive in the new world yet even in my toughness, I couldn't stand the fact that my parents were just. . .poof. Gone.

"You need to put the tough face on. We're in a mission and we need all the people who can help us. Jose helped us a lot, I'll admit that. He was a good guy and is willing to make sacrifices for the team. You should be like him too."

Rizza turned her face so that Jones was facing her. "Be a badass for me," said Rizza, courage filling her voice.

Before Jones opened her mouth to respond, the intercom of the ship buzzed to life and they heard the familiar voice of Richard, who rang out. "Why are you guys in a police ship?"

"It's a long story alright," replied Ben without even looking at the holographic version of Richard.

Richard raised an eyebrow, but it wasn't clear on the hologram. "Why don't you tell me?"

So, together with his other conpanions, Ben filled him in about his unexpected visit to how they got in a police ship.

But halfway, they heard a groan rapidly getting louder, like as if some ship was trying to catch them. . .

And then Rizza knew. She shouted, "Police ships!"

Everyone else turned to her. Ben raised an eyebrow. "Hmm?"

"No. Enemy police ships!" she corrected herself loudly. To emphasize her point, a beam passed over their ship's left wing, just a few inches left and they would have been hit.

"Shutdown beams," she heard Ben mutter aloud. "Time to go." Then he kicked the ship to full gear and sped over other spacecrafts as the other police ships were hot on their tail.

"Action Key: Tesser," said Justine. A holographic panel appeared in front of him. A battery-shaped bar began filling up slowly from the bottom to the top. "Around a few minutes."

This is bad, Ben thought. Another shutdown beam sounded overhead, but instead of hitting their ship, it hit a skyscraper, shutting the beautiful lights off and sending the once majestic building tumbling to the ground. "Eventually, it will block the way," he heard Rizza say.

But that wasn't the only problem. They were coming too fast.

"Up," Justine shouted. "Go up!"

The chunk of the skyscraper suddenly slowed its fall, scraping the other building beside it. They had a chance.

Another shutdown beam hit the other building, making it fall. Ben pulled the steering wheel as their ship ascended, hoping that they can make it.

It was only a few seconds that the first chunk stopped in its tracks. The second chunk collided with the other, giving it a push as the two chunks fell to the ground, crashing other spaceships and potentially killing people. All else were obscured by the dust.

Then a police ship emerged from the dust, flying faster than ever. On the windshield, Ben gave a wide grin.

Unfortunately, it wasn't over.

Ahead of them, three more police ships blocked the path ahead. They were ready to shoot shutdown beams at them, but Ben took hold of the steering wheel and spun it to the right, making it halt on its tracks and turned right just as the rogue ships shot the beams at nothing but air. Those ships chased Ben and the others along with the four more that came from the dust.

Jones looked from behind and saw the seven ships chasing them. They shot shutdown beams at them. Their ship went low to avoid the first and the second, which came inches away from their right wing. The ship tilted to the side, dodging the third and fourth. They rose up to evade the fifth beam.

"One minute and then we can't tesser," Justine said to Ben. "We have to tesser now."

Ben was relieved. "Do it then."

Justine typed some keywords on the virtual keyboard then he pressed the button. The police ship disappeared, making the seven rogue ships to stop shooting. They stood there for a second then they turned and sped away.

- - -

Jose sat on a chair in a room. His hands were chained by handcuffs made by a special type of metal only to be found in another planet. A metal table was propped in front of him. A monitor was placed a few feet away from him. He was in the orange prisoner clothes as he waited for someone else. . . .But who?

He had been there for more than an hour, sitting and waiting patiently for that person to come. I hope the others are okay, he thought to himself every now and then. They should be in England by now-

The monitor came to life and a familiar face came onto view. It was the same man with the suitcase who suddenly barged in the meeting and suggested about getting weapons from a fugitive, Timothy Kuznetsov.

"So haven't you known yet?" the man asked, grinning deviously, which was odd.

"What do you mean?" Jose replied, anger swelling all of a sudden. "That getting weapons from Timothy was fake?"

"No," he answered, chuckling. "Are you really that slow to understand? I thought you were a smart guy, Jose. I thought you figured all of this out." He sighed. "Perhaps it was better to kill you."

He continued. "Anyway, it wasn't a mistake. I knew all of this would happen."

Jose was confused and angry. "What do you mean?"

"I caused it all. Everything right from the start. From the fugitive to the police chase. You see the chip on the policemen's neck? They are all mine and I control them."

"You. . .you beast!" Jose shouted, unable to contain his anger. He stood up and was about to throw a punch to the monitor when two policemen appeared from the darkness and grabbed him by the arms and locking him in place. Then suddenly, the cuffs weighed heavier in his arms. Eventually, the cuffs attached itself to the metal table. Jose struggled to get it out.

"Did I mention that the cuffs are magnetic?" He chuckled evilly. "Don't worry. You'll be okay. You were a great soldier. A ruthless killer, even. But all of that was thrown away when you became an astronaut. But now, I can make you a soldier again with greater opportunities to kill."

And before Jose could react, a jolt of electricity shocked him. A raspy "no" escaped from his mouth before he was knocked unconscious. His neck tilted to the left, showing a small chip that was attached to his neck.

- - -

The sea was vast and endless. The place was quiet and serene. Islands here and there dotted the blue blanket with green spots. Summer came in, covering the land with a warm embrace. It was a beautiful sight.

Suddenly, a ship appeared from thin air, coming from the sky and falling to the sea.

"The power is down!" Ben shouted. "Hold on!"

Then the ship crashed to the sea and was beginning to sink to the seabed. Ben struggled to kick the door of the ship while having only limited time left before the ship sank. With every passing minute, the door became harder to break. Justine and the others were desperately trying to get out.

Just as their actions were completely worthless, they suddenly stopped sinking. Instead, the ship was lifted all the way to the island close to the crash site. Ben looked at the back  of the ship and realized that a crane was used to carry the ship.

The police ship was broken and drenched in water. One by one, Ben and the group emerged from the ship and watched as the crane stopped moving as a boy around twelve came to them.

"I knew it was going to happen!" he said excitedly as he hugged Ben, who was taken by surprise.

"Thanks for saving us kid," Ben began.

But the boy cut in. "I'm Jacob," he said. "I'm a Marraquan. And I knew you were coming by a dream."

- - -

Before you proceed to the next chapter, give this part a vote! Follow me for constant updates on my works!

❤️

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

130K 5.4K 24
In the last few centuries, humans have pushed themselves almost to the brink of extinction with wars, famine, and disease. But we have managed to sur...
141 3 23
"WORLD GOVERNMENTS CLAIM WE ARE LIVING IN UNPRECEDENTED TIMES... FIRST THERE WERE THE FIRES, THE FLOODS AND THE PESTILENCE. THEN WORLD WAR THREE BEG...
Human Exposure Від DarkDreamCatcherStu...

Наукова фантастика

39 0 12
This is an unusual story to tell and I will tell it. This is not an average space saga, it is not anything you've ever heard before either nor is it...
Supernova Blitz Від Sciolistic Science...

Наукова фантастика

230 44 27
Journal Entry: SB-0001 December 18th, 2031 It has been about five months since the attack, and our meager fleet of ships are clinging to life. It all...