Hiding in the Shadows

By kylorenphan24601

(Y/N) Stark has been hidden from the public her whole life, but she's tired of doing nothing while her family... More

Chapter 1 - The News
Chapter 2 - Just Let Me Sleep
Chapter 3 - Midtown School of Science and Technology
Chapter 4 - Flash
Chapter 5 - Secretly a Superhero
Chapter 6 - Apologies
Chapter 7 - A Visit to Wakanda
Chapter 8 - My Suit
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Star Wars
Chapter 11 - Shadow
Chapter 12 - Why Was He Ripped?
Chapter 13 - Spider-Man
Chapter 14 - I Fucked Up
Chapter 15 - Sinking and Sailing Ships
Chapter 16 - It Was My Fault
Chapter 17 - Unmasking Spider-Man
Chapter 18 - Peter Visits the Compound
Chapter 19 - Nat Would Be Proud
Chapter 20 - Halloween
Chapter 21 - Matchmakers
Chapter 22 - The Date
Chapter 23 - I'm Going To Die
Chapter 24 - Tracking the Shadow
Chapter 25 - Let the Fighting Commence
Chapter 26 - Bathroom Kidnapping
Chapter 27 - Peter's Thoughts
Chapter 28 - Prisoner
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - We Have a Stark in Our Midst
Chapter 32 - Taskmaster
Chapter 33 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 34 - Ned's Dreams Come True
Chapter 35 - I Promise
Chapter 36 - Stark Goes Overprotective Dad
Chapter 37 - Acceptance
Chapter 38 - Visit from a God
Chapter 39 - Valentine's
Chapter 40 - Visit from a God (Part 2)
Chapter 41 - The Invasion
Chapter 42 - The Shrivled Purple Grape Arrives
Chapter 43 - A Truth Revealed
Chapter 44 - Too Many Questions
Chapter 45 - The Stones
Chapter 46 - Thanos Told the Truth
Chapter 47 - I'm Going to Kill Parker
Chapter 48 - The Talk
Chapter 49 - Birthday
Chapter 50 - I Am Shadow

Chapter 31 - An Unexpected Guest

11.5K 355 243
By kylorenphan24601

As students began to file out of the cafeteria at the end of lunch, I gave Peter a peck on the cheek and assured him that I would return soon, however I had something that I needed to attend to. It wasn't hard to find Flash once I had left Peter's side, he was still glowering at me for foiling his plan of outing me.

Making sure that no one saw me, I grabbed Flash's wrist and harshly tugged him into a corner, causing him to smirk, "so you wanted a chance to be alone with me, baby? You could've just asked instead of this playing hard to get."

"Shut it, Flash," I snapped, glancing around every now and then to make sure that we weren't going to be seen. "I need you to tell me how you knew about my father."

"Oh, so now you'll admit that I was right?" He replied cockily, only making me lose patience with him. I tightened my grip on his wrist and he cried out, "alright, alright! I'll tell you, just let go of me!"

I let my fingers slack slightly, but made sure that he couldn't escape, "better? Now spill."

"You should tell your boyfriend to watch his mouth, he's spilling all of your secrets," Flash finally confessed, causing my eyes to widen in shock. Peter had told him?

"You're lying," I replied, unable to believe that he would do something like that.

"No, go ahead and ask him yourself. He seemed upset with you and he was talking rather loudly with his stupid little friend."

I tightened my fingers once again and growled, "that stupid little friend happens to be my friend too, so I would have care of how you talk about him. If you tell a single person about this, you will not survive the next day, I'm sure I needn't inform you of who my father is friends with."

...

I didn't even bother going home that night, even though I knew Tony had sent Happy to pick me up. Peter and I even took the long way home so that we could avoid being seen by Happy. I felt bad for him, as I knew he would have to report to my dad that I never showed up, but I was less than willing to return to my father until he cooled down a bit.

Peter and I walked hand in hand down the streets of Queens, until finally reaching his apartment. Once inside, Peter asked if there was anything I felt like doing.

"Well, know that you know about the whole Avengers thing, I think it is time I reveal my talent at board games," I smiled, hoping to kick his ass. "I have been training with the Avengers for years, there's no way I could lose to someone like you."

"Oh, you are so on," he replied, looking just about as confident as I was. He took my hand and led me to a drawer where all of his board games were collected, "which do you want to play?"

I shrugged, picking up the game on top, "we could play this, I feel like apologizing to one another is a good thing for us to do after what happened."

"As long as you don't mind me winning," he responded, taking Sorry! from my hands and carrying it to his room, where he set the board up on the floor.

"Sorry Peter," I smirked as I slid my red piece down the board, knocking his blue one off and sending it back to the start.

"No, you're not," he replied, sighing as he looked at the unfavorable odds before him. One of my pieces was already safe, one was in the protected area leading to home, and the other two were out on the board. His pieces, on the other hand were almost all still stuck in the start, with one of his pieces barely in the protected area leading to his home.

"You're right, I'm not. I'm going to cherish this moment forever," I smiled at him, watching as he drew another card.

"Hey Peter, I'm sorry I'm late!" I heard a voice call out, signaling the arrival to May. She knocked on Peter's door before entering, her eyes widening at the sight of me, "oh Peter, you didn't tell me we were having company today."

"Sorry, May, I would've run it by you, but it was a last minute thing. I hope you don't mind her staying the night, she's sort of having an argument with her father right now," Peter explained as I prayed silently that she wouldn't kick me out.

May frowned slightly, "please don't take offense at this, but I've never been a huge fan of your father. He just seems too arrogant and selfish."

"Yeah that's the facade he puts on to cover up his real emotions, but it can get extremely aggravating at times. I really hope you're ok with me staying the night, I just need to give him time to cool off," I replied, figuring that Peter had filled her in with all of the details based on the fact that she knew who my father was.

"Oh, I don't mind at all, you're welcome to stay here whenever you want. Besides, that means that I can steal you away to help me make dinner again," May smiled, her generosity making me feel really warm inside.

"Of course, I would love to," I answered, springing up from my seat on Peter's floor. "Don't you dare move any of my pieces while I'm gone."

He raised his hands in mock surrender, "I swear I would never do such a thing."

I helped May through together a mushroom risotto, Peter eventually coming out of his room to offer his assistance. As the cooking progressed, it ended up being chiefly Peter and I making the food while May, not so subtly, took pictures of us. Although normally camera shy, I didn't mind the pictures as it assured me I would always have something to look back on and remember happy times I spent with Peter.

As we were dishing out the meal, a knock on the apartment door interrupted us. May shared a confused glance with Peter, informing me that this visitor was unexpected, then went to go answer the door as Peter and I resumed our work, although focusing more on the door than the food.

"Hey May, I was wondering if I could talk to Peter for a minute?" I heard a very familiar voice ask as Tony Stark stepped into the apartment, not even waiting for an invitation to come in. His eyes widened as he saw me, clearly not anticipating my presence, "(Y/N), I've been looking everywhere for you! Do you know how worried we were?"

"Dad, what are you doing here? What do you need Peter's help with?" I immediately began my own questions, completely ignoring everything my father had just said.

"I need him for the same reason you are going to go home right now and hide, I can't risk you being anywhere without maximum security right now," Tony confessed, making me realize that something serious was going on.

"If you need Peter to fight, then you need me as well," I argued. My dad opened his mouth, no doubt to disagree, but I interrupted, "no, dad, I know you want to protect me, but I also know that you care about Peter's safety. If the situation is serious enough to drag him into it, then you need me as well."

"You are right, (Y/N), this is serious. Which is why I want you no where near the fight."

"No offense, Mr. Stark, but I think that (Y/N) should be able to fight as well. She is really incredibly skilled and can handle herself well. There was never a time I had to worry about her safety when we went out together, but she did save my life on multiple occasions. I know that you don't want her getting hurt, and trust me I don't either, but she deserves this opportunity and will be a very valuable fighter," Peter stood up for me, his fingers brushing mine as he spoke.

Tony looked as though he was about to argue, but then thought against it and sighed, "fine, (Y/N) you can join us this once, simply because the more people we have the better. But if you show any sign of injury, I'm pulling you from the field immediately."

Excitement and elation immediately flowed over me and I wanted nothing more than to run up to my dad and wrap my arms around him. However, I feared that that would be too childish in his eyes and he would use that as an excuse to forbid me from going.

So instead I just gave him a small smile and assured him, "thank you, dad, I promise that I will not make you regret this."

"Peter, go suit up. (Y/N), you're going to need to get your suit because there's no way I'm willing to expose your face," Tony instructed, already looking pained to send me out into battle.

"Don't worry, I have it with me," I replied, running into the apartment's bathroom to activate it so that he wouldn't find out where I kept it.

When I emerged, Tony placed his hand on my shoulder, "as much as I don't want to send you out into danger, I am glad that you are back with me."

...

(A/N): oof what do you think is going on that Tony needs their help with? Actually, I have no clue why I asked that as it is extremely unlikely you'll actually be able to guess it. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed the chapter (and you totally would've won the game if you had a chance to finish it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1.1K 14
Peter Parker x Reader// Peter Parker sneaks off campus everyday. And so do you. Being a freak wasn't a privilege. It made you different, and the worl...
370K 8.7K 29
After Y/N finds out her best friend and crush Peter Parker is Spider-Man, the two go to Europe for the summer with their friends on a school trip. Wh...
1.6M 40.1K 44
Peter Parker is just your average teenage boy from Queens. Well, apart from the fact that he is secretly Spiderman and he works for the world's most...
4.4K 237 22
Y/n is a spy for a secret organization *not SHIELD or HYDRA*. She's is assigned to spy on Peter Parker and gain his trust, but what will happen when...