Chapter 31 - An Unexpected Guest

As students began to file out of the cafeteria at the end of lunch, I gave Peter a peck on the cheek and assured him that I would return soon, however I had something that I needed to attend to. It wasn't hard to find Flash once I had left Peter's side, he was still glowering at me for foiling his plan of outing me.

Making sure that no one saw me, I grabbed Flash's wrist and harshly tugged him into a corner, causing him to smirk, "so you wanted a chance to be alone with me, baby? You could've just asked instead of this playing hard to get."

"Shut it, Flash," I snapped, glancing around every now and then to make sure that we weren't going to be seen. "I need you to tell me how you knew about my father."

"Oh, so now you'll admit that I was right?" He replied cockily, only making me lose patience with him. I tightened my grip on his wrist and he cried out, "alright, alright! I'll tell you, just let go of me!"

I let my fingers slack slightly, but made sure that he couldn't escape, "better? Now spill."

"You should tell your boyfriend to watch his mouth, he's spilling all of your secrets," Flash finally confessed, causing my eyes to widen in shock. Peter had told him?

"You're lying," I replied, unable to believe that he would do something like that.

"No, go ahead and ask him yourself. He seemed upset with you and he was talking rather loudly with his stupid little friend."

I tightened my fingers once again and growled, "that stupid little friend happens to be my friend too, so I would have care of how you talk about him. If you tell a single person about this, you will not survive the next day, I'm sure I needn't inform you of who my father is friends with."

...

I didn't even bother going home that night, even though I knew Tony had sent Happy to pick me up. Peter and I even took the long way home so that we could avoid being seen by Happy. I felt bad for him, as I knew he would have to report to my dad that I never showed up, but I was less than willing to return to my father until he cooled down a bit.

Peter and I walked hand in hand down the streets of Queens, until finally reaching his apartment. Once inside, Peter asked if there was anything I felt like doing.

"Well, know that you know about the whole Avengers thing, I think it is time I reveal my talent at board games," I smiled, hoping to kick his ass. "I have been training with the Avengers for years, there's no way I could lose to someone like you."

"Oh, you are so on," he replied, looking just about as confident as I was. He took my hand and led me to a drawer where all of his board games were collected, "which do you want to play?"

I shrugged, picking up the game on top, "we could play this, I feel like apologizing to one another is a good thing for us to do after what happened."

"As long as you don't mind me winning," he responded, taking Sorry! from my hands and carrying it to his room, where he set the board up on the floor.

"Sorry Peter," I smirked as I slid my red piece down the board, knocking his blue one off and sending it back to the start.

"No, you're not," he replied, sighing as he looked at the unfavorable odds before him. One of my pieces was already safe, one was in the protected area leading to home, and the other two were out on the board. His pieces, on the other hand were almost all still stuck in the start, with one of his pieces barely in the protected area leading to his home.