Hustle Anyway: An August Alsi...

Von tawanam

After August's oldest brother is murdered. August decides to take a chance and pursue a music career by movin... Mehr

Outchea
ClubX....Party Paradise
Down to Business
Deja Vu
Date Night
G Day
Gettin' It
CheckMate
No Love
In Da Open
Start of Something
Bish Whet?!
Deal With It
3's A Crowd?
Lotus Flower Bomb
Mauray Typa shit (part 1)
Turn Up!
Turn Down for...Say What??!
Oh Really?
Connect the Dots
Undercover
Signed and Sealed?
Mauray Typa Shit (part 2)
Done Deal?
Just A Note
Double Inked
New Things Comin'

To be or Not to?

4.5K 138 2
Von tawanam

3 Days later. Eva POV**** 

I sat in the library trying to concentrate on the notes in front of me, but my mind kept wandering back to August. I looked over at my phone to see if the LED light was blinking, but it wasnt. No messages I thought. 

"Hey boo!" Anika shouted a little too loudly as she made her way over to the table I was at. A couple other students shot her an annoyed look. 

"You do know you in a library right?" I said as she sat next to me. 

" Yea and so? I on even like bein in here to be honest. Erry time I step foot into a library I feel like 50 years older....damn dusty books drying out ma skin" she said sucking her teeth. 

I rolled my eyes, "so why did you come here?" 

"Because," she started, "I been looking for ya! we been so busy since classes started I havent asked if you ever heard back from August?" she looked at me waiting for an answer.

sigh, "nope nothing still" i said, leaning back into my chair. 

"shit. and you sure he saved your number correct?" she looked at me questioningly.

" I dunno, he took it down so.." I replied unsure.

"i bet thats what happened, Prolly entered a digit wrong. " she said nodding at her conclusion. "And a matter a fact, you got his number so you should call him!" she basically shouted.

"Excuse me but some of us are trying to read," a curly haired girl with glasses half whispered to Anika. 

she looked the girl up and down before saying, "well excuse you, aint nobody fault yo mama aint get you some functioning glasses so yo ass could READ without them binoculars you wearing!" 

The girl looked appalled and grabbed her bag before leaving. 

"Yeah thats right, go on down to lenscrafters why dont cha!" Anika said to her once more. Thats when everyone started SShing at her. 

"Ok I think its time to go," i said grabbing my books and Anika's arm. 

"Good! Now you can go call August" she said loudly smiling at me. 

***August POV*** 

" Yea dat sounded dope on da playback Chile" I said as we finished listening to one of my recordings. 

"I was thinking we add the harmonics to it, and see where that goes, " Chile said as I nodded in agreement. Just then my phone rang, I grabbed it out my pocket to see it was Eva calling. Fuck i thought. I hadnt called her since the day we ate at Popeye's and I was feeling damn guilty about it. Lord Knows i wanted to holla at her, but work had me so caught up.

"You gonna answer that or nah?" Chile said to me, breaking my train of thought. 

"Yea yea, gimme a min" I replied stepping out the studio. 

Me: Heyyy Shawty 

Eva: hey August. 

she sounded kinda down as she said that. 

"Wat it do do?" i said trying to play off the fact I never got back to her.

Eva: Not much, just here at school..classes started on Monday

ME: Oh coo. So u officially a doctor yet? I smiled 

EVa: no, longgg way from that. she chuckled. I was just calling to see how you were doing really. Havent heard from you in a minute. 

Me: yeah I know, i just been real busy at da studio, In fact dats where am at now. 

Eva: oh thats good....guess I should leave you to your work. 

Her voice said trailing off. I knew Noonie told me to focus more on the music but hearing her sound clearly sad did something to me. I couldnt end the call like that. 

Me: hold up, wat time does yo last class end today? 

Eva: umm 3;15...Im just heading to it now.

Me: good. I'll pick you up at the main gate at 4?

Eva: uhh yea...sure. where are we going by the way?

I half smiled, "dont worry bout dat...its a surprise" 

Eva: hmmm alright, if you say so. 

I smiled and we said goodbye.

"Hey Chile," i said entering the studio again, "can I borrow your car man?"

Chile was one of those care free, dont give a fuck kinda niggas. I coulda asked him for his social security number and  dont think he woulda asked me for what. 

"yea man," he said flinging me his keys without turning his head away from the computer screen. 

I grinned. " Imma be back in a few" i said, as I left the studio.

***Eva POV***

I was walking from my math class when I heard Anika's voice in the distance.

"Eva! girl wait up!" she shouted as she ran over to me.

"oh I didnt know u had a class on this floor?" I asked, surprised to see her here.

"I dont. Nigga Calvin told me you had just left your algebra class." she replied out of breath.

"Calvin? " I said confused,  " I dunno anybody named Calvin."

she laughed, " well he knows you. he the same one who told me you were in the library."

" is he a stalker or somethin." I thought.

" nahh I think he just has a thing for you. Asked me who you were after your Bio class on monday." she said pointing down the hall at a tall, brown skin young man. " see thats Calvin"

"hmm...ok" I said shrugging it off and continued walking.

"anywho...did u call Fine ass August yet? " she said grinning at me.

I laughed,  "yeah I did...his picking me up in half an hour actually"

"oooweee!" shouted Anika, "I told ya he fucked up the digits of ya number. Now you guys goin out and shit! thanks to lil ole Anika tellin ya to call him" she smiled proudly at her thoughts.

"woman, we not going out. I mean we going somewhere literally but thats it." I said back to her.

"uh huh, " she smirked, "that boy want ya and you do too...it only a matter of time before the hook up."

I rolled my eyes, " byeee Anika" I laughed. "im goin to our room quick before he gets here. so we go talk later" I finished before parting ways on the staircase.

" ok mrs..."I on kno August's last name" she shouted to me before leaving.

***August Pov***

I rolled up to Eva's campus and spotted her waiting nearby the entrance.

"Nice to see dat you on time" I said to her as I drove up directly to her side.

she giggled, " whatever" and got into the passenger seat.

"sooo where we goin?" she questioned me.

"I told you...its a surprise, " I smiled while driving.

she sighed, " fine fine...at least you could tell me where you got this car from?" she said.

I laughed, " my nigga from the studio borrowed it to me if u must kno Nancy Drew"

she rolled her eyes chuckling at me and leaned back enjoying the drive.

***************

**Eva Pov**

August pulled into a parking lot right next to the park.

"we hea'" he said unbuckling his seatbelt.

"the park? what are we having a picnic?" I said jokingly.

"come on, " he said getting out of the car.

We walked up a path and next thing I saw was a banner saying Taste of The A. There must have been hundreds of people strolling about from booth to booth, with music and different aromas of foods being cooked.

"oh its a festival,  " I said looking around.

"got dat right. And every good festival got some good eats....u want a giant barbeque turkey leg? " he said as we stopped at the first stall.

" are you trying to get me fat?" I smiled, " everytime we hang out there's food.

"Naw shawty, u just right" he replied. And I saw him subconsciously look me up and down, biting down on his lower lip. He snapped out of his moment and cleared his throat.

I couldnt help but smile, "fine...lemme try that turkey leg."

*********

After eating, we walked casually through the park taking in the different sights and sounds. When I saw there was an open mic session going on.

" So if u brave enough, come on over and sing out ya soul folks!" the dj said before playing a song.

"Auggo! you should go up there and sing somethin," I said excited.

he sucked his teeth, " man a nigga aint tryin out for karaoke night or nun"

"ahh come on, look the banner says you can sing original pieces too. im sure you have something you wanna sing...besides its exposure, and I never heard you sing before" I urged him on.

sigh. "ok ok..be right back" he said to be and jogged over to the dj.

He whispered something to him, and I saw the dj say something to this man with a guitar. He came back and gave August the guitar, before August walked up to the stage.

"Alright folks, we got a young man who goes by the name August Alsina"

"goes by?" I thought,  "its his real name though" I laughed to myself.

A few people clapped as August sat on the chair on stage.

" good afternoon yall, this song is called Heavy" he said, and started strumming the acoustic guitar.

Walking thru the club
Bitches show me love
Niggas hatin so I mug
Do you know whats up
shit is gettin heavy

I was amazed by how beautiful his voice was then smiled at the thought only August would say the word bitch during a day time festival. But that was just him.

I stood there listening and the viewers seemed to be liking his performance too.

yesss, time to have sex
we can do it how you want it girl
let you get a taste of August world

my eyes instantly lit up realising he had sampled a line from that Mad Cobra song we heard at the party last week.

As he ended the ladies in front clapped and cheered for August. He made his way down and about three girls went directly over to him. A few minutes later he looked up and saw me, and seemed to tell the girls goodbye. 

He smiled and walked up to me.

"what was all that about?" I said wondering.

he smirked,  "dey just came over to tell me dey thought I had a sexy voice...and was sexy"

I laughed. " look at you already getting fans..thats just a taste of things to come I bet"

"nawww" he laughed back.

"sooo! you never told me you used part of that Jamaican song...hell, I didnt even know you were writing a song!" I said.

he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. " yea, its a dope song...and it just fit in when I was writing...guess you kinda inspire me." he said this softly and looked me into my eyes.

"well im glad I couldve been of assistance," I said back smiling at me.

***August Pov***

Eva and I continued walking throughout the festival,  and I admit I really enjoyed bein around this girl.

"oh look at that!" she said to me.

I turned to our right and saw some people putting on a play.

"its shakespeare's play Hamlet ,"  she said and walked over.

" you into Shakespeare? " I asked. her eyes were still glued onto the people on stage.

"I guess you can say that, " she replied.

"shit. I on even remember nun of his work from literature class in high school. I just think dat nigga talked too much." I said contemplating.

Eva laughed.

" but you real refined and shit shawty. aint a lotta chicks outchea I kno dat into Shakespeare. " I said. she looked over to me and smiled. then said,

"oh this my favourite line, " as she stared back at the stage

And this above all! one of the actors said.

"to thine own self be true" she said at the same time with the actor.

"dats a dope line..." I said, "its like he tryna say always be real witcha self. be a real nigga. right? " I asked.

"yea...I like how u put it" she laughed. " always stay true to you."  and I nodded at the fact while looking directly into her eyes.

*Eva Pov***

"caramel popcorn! " a man on a bicycle shouted as he sped passed us way to close. August pulled me away from the bicycle.

"dese niggas are fuckin crazy outchea" he said looking disgusted in the direction of the cyclist.

"its ok, " I said. " its almost 7...we should probably get going. I got some assignments I have to work on."

"for sho doc, " he smiled at me as we walked away.

***********

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

62.1K 2.2K 24
Young 18 year old Viola is in love. She plans to make way up North to Harlem. Set in the 1920's she is faced with difficult decisions. Leaving Alabam...
1.8M 68.8K 47
"Losing your virginity hurts like a bitch!" "Nigga broke down my walls..." "I lost feeling in my legs!" "I. Could. Not. Walk. The. Next. DAY!" that i...
408K 12.3K 30
Jaelynn from Harlem moves to New Orleans where she meets her next door neighbor August. August is a typical trouble maker but has better intentions f...
3.9K 319 42
Stephanie hated to see her sister cry. Jael was her life, her world, her everything. Even though Stephanie had pain on her chest, her sister eased it...