Play Me | ✓

By AmoraNext

Being weak is an act, loving is a sin & losing is forbidden. One decision. One wrong move. Life is a game w... More

All Rights Reserved
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Part One
Chapter 13: Part Two
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: Part One
Chapter 31: Part Two
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue

Chapter 60

14.6K 475 312
By AmoraNext

"She's fire and ice. You'll fear the cold and crave the burn."
~ Jm Storm

......

My hair in a braided bun with loose strands framing my face, it's visible through only the veil. I'm not use to it, but light makeup covers every blemish on my face and heightens any natural details as well.

Looking at myself through the mirror, my hands feel the textured design on the white dress kissing my every curve. The dress is simply beautiful and it's one that I can't help but admire on myself.

White never looked so good on me.

To most, white is a symbol of purity, innocence, heaven etc... but to me, white is only a colour to be moulded. It's a colour that can be stained easily and changed into something new in seconds.

It's untrustworthy and it's what I live by even today.

White, should never be trusted.

"Summer?"

I turn around to Kai's voice and watch as he steps in. Dressed in a fine black suit with a white shirt underneath, the suit fits every structure of his body perfectly.

My eyes slowly rise up, eventually meeting his and I watch his grey irises dilate.

He's shutting himself out right now. He's in pain thinking about what's about to happen and he has every right to be.

His words can lie to me, but his eyes can't.

Breathing out, I pick up my dress and walk over to him. For a couple of minutes, Kai and I just stand there in utter silence staring at each other as if it's the last time we'll ever be seeing each other and maybe, it is.

Maybe ,we'll see each other again, but it won't be the same. Feelings will fade and emotions will change.

So, it is the last time we'll be seeing each other as a whole.

"I have a present for you," I speak breaking the silence. In response, Kai's forehead creases in confusion.

"But it's your wedding."

"And I don't know what will happen after today, so I just wanna give you something you'll remember."

"Okay, but first, I have something for you."

His hand reaches inside of his coat, pulling out a rectangular box. He hands it over to me and I take it, opening up the purple ribbon. Lifting the lid, my heart skips a beat.

"My necklace," I breathe feeling my eyes starting to water.

"I found this in the basement after Nick thought you died and I kept it as a reminder for myself ever since. I wanted to give it you sooner, but I needed the perfect moment."

"Thank you so much," I smile as I hug Kai tightly.

"You're welcome," he breathes. His arms wrapped around me, I feel him taking this moment in completely.

Stepping back, I take the necklace out of the box, and ask Kai to tie it around my wrist, because I want it somewhere I could see it.

Somewhere I could read the word 'hope' and remember that my mom will always be with me and that there'll always be hope. 

"Now, my turn," I smile. I walk over to the vanity and pick up my phone texting Elenora to send Luciano in.

"Da-da."

"No," Kai closes his eyes and takes in his son's voice. He turns around slowly and stands still as he watches his son crawl in from the door.
Eagerly, Kai walks over to Luciano and picks him up from the ground.

"Hello! I missed you so much," Kai uses his sweetest voice before kissing his son on the forehead.

"Da-da!" Luciano claps smiling in return.

"Hey, sorry, I just wanted to let you know everyone's ready. Ceremony's starting in five," Amelia pops her head in.

"Okay, we just need a another minute," I let her know.

"Okay," Amelia bobs her head before closing the door.

"He's yours Kai. I should've never taken him from you and I'm sorry for that."

"I love you, Summer."

"Kai, don't."

"I know Summer, but I need you to know I fucking love you and I know for a fact, Alessio will treat you the way you should've been treated from the day you were born."

"I love you, Kai. You. Alessio will treat me like a queen, but no one will make feel the way you do," I tilt my head upwards drying my eyes.

Once they're dry, I look at Kai.

"Here's the number to his nanny, you can call her after the wedding and pick him up from her. I'm sure you don't want everyone knowing about him yet."

"Mm-hm," he says. Kissing Luciano on the forehead once more, Kai hands him over to me.

"Okay, it's time," Amelia says walking in. "Kai, get out."

"I'm going," Kai defends walking out. Before he leaves, we share one last look and the second he leaves, my heart skips a beat and my lips drop.

"My baby, how are you ?" Amelia takes Luciano from me.

"Your father's waiting outside."

"Okay," I smile at her before heading out.

"Summer."

"Father," we both greet each other before I hook my arm into his.

"He's here."

"Are you sure?" I question.

"Positive," my father responds.

"Okay, then."

"I love you, you're brave for doing this and your mom would be proud."

"I love you too, pater."

"Don't let this be the last time I hear you say that."

"I'll try my best," I whisper before we walk through the church doors and having everyone's attention fall upon us.

Walking me to the end of the aisle, father helps me up the steps until I'm stood right across from Alessio.

The look in Alessio's eyes is warm, but it's not enough to rid the fear in me.

"Today-"

Before the pastor can continue, the church doors open making all heads turn.

In his full presence, stands Nicholas Black with his men behind him. Without a second delay, everyone in the church pulls their weapons out all aiming at Nick, but that doesn't seem to faze him one bit. 

Nick's hand lifts signalling and the security's direction of hit changes pointing their weapons at everyone in the church. Despite being at a disadvantage, no one in the church lowers their weapons.

"I must say, you all are quite foolish risking your lives, but this isn't all I have," Nick announces. He whispers something into August's ear who then leaves and comes back with Elenora carrying Luciano.

The second they come in view, Alessio becomes tense and is about to take a step down when I hold onto his arm stopping him. I look at him and warn him not to advance. His face hard, he pulls his arm away from my touch complying.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Alessio Tieri's baby momma and their son."

"Is this some kind of sick joke? Alessio doesn't have a kid," Dean states.

"That's what he wanted you to believe, isn't that right, Alessio?"

"It's his," I'm the one to speak. I know Alessio won't say something stupid, but he might lash out and do something stupid so to keep him from doing so, I have to take charge.

"Summer, why didn't you tell anyone?" Vincent questions.

"Because it's mine and Alessio's business, he was gonna be our son, so why does anyone else's opinion matter?"

"How about this family drama carries on some other time, because I have some business that I came here to deal with," Nick cuts in. "So if you don't want any harm to come to this sweet little boy, then I suggest you all put your weapons down. Now."

No one moves. Nick waits another minute scanning the crowd, but no one puts their weapons down. His patience coming to an end as a scream releases from Elenora's lips. We all watch as Luciano is dropped from her arms when one of Nick's men cuts her arm.

But before Luciano lands on the ground, August catches him.

"Put your weapons down, NOW!" I yell not willing to test Nick's patience anymore.

"Su-"

"NOW! Put them down!" I yell again this time looking at Kai. He's standing still, but only because of Dakota's grip on his arm. I see the fire in his eyes, the urge in his body to fight for his son and the helplessness within holding him back.

All of which I'm responsible for.

My attention averts back as I hear metal meeting the marble floor. When everyone's weapons are down, Nick's men enter picking them up and searching each one of the guests for any more weapons. Once all his men give Nick the clear, a devilish smirk grows on his face.

His men lined at the end of each row, keeping the guests out of Nick's way, there's a clear path between him and I.

"You really think not giving me an invitation would stop me from coming?" Nick questions.

"No, I just thought spending thousands of dollars on security would, but I guess not."

"When it comes to you, nothing can stop me."

"What do you want, Nick?" I question.

His head drops as he lets out a small chuckle making his way down towards me. He stops two feet away and looks up.

"You. Marry me," he says.

"Don't play games, if it's money you want, we can give you the exact amount you name," Alessio steps in between.

"He's not playing, Alessio."

Alessio turns around bewildered.

"It's between Nick and I. Alessio, please step back."

"Summer," Alessio sighs.

"You need to take care of your family Alessio, and I need to take care of mine, please," I beg him. Noticing the look of desperation in my eyes, Alessio bobs his head taking his place on the side.

I look at Nick. His suit unbuttoned, he's wearing all black with a slight stubble growing on his face. His eyes lighter than I usual, I find it hard to speak.

"Marry me, Summer White," Nick talks again.

"If it were a question, I'd say no," I respond coldly.

"Then what are we waiting for," Nick says getting up next to me. I turn around to face him as he instructs the pastor to start the ceremony.

"We have come together at the invitation of Summer and ..."

"Nicholas," Nick says for the pastor.

"Yes, uh - Nicholas to celebrate the uniting in Christian love, their hearts and lives. This is possible because of the love God has created in them, through Jesus Christ..." As the pastor continues on, my mind blurs with thoughts of everything I've done to escape the man in front of me and how it's all been for nothing.

I feel the dryness in my eyes sting, my body tense with fear trying not to tremble and the sound of my heart beating, screaming for help, but no one else notices it. Not even Nick, because that's how much I've perfected faking it.

My eyes avert to the guests, still standing on their feet, not being able to do anything. I see in their eyes, they want to do something, but they can't. Dean's hands still fisted, Amelia holds Alec and Cole down and Kai's eyes shine bright red. 

Nick regains my attention when it's time to exchange the rings. I inhale and exhale as I slide the ring on his finger.

"I, Summer White, take you, Nicholas Black, as my wedded husband, and I promise to love, honor, and respect; to be faithful to you; and not to forsake you until death – do us part."

A mischievous grin grows on Nick's face as I say my vows. From ignorant to confident in seconds, he knows he's winning and all I can do is play along.

Extending my hand out, Nick slides a ring onto my finger.

"I, Nicholas Black, take you, Summer White, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death... do us part."

"Throughout this ceremony, Summer and Nicholas have vowed, in our presence, to be loyal and loving towards each other. They have formalized the existence of the bond between them with words spoken and with the giving and receiving of rings. Therefore, it is my pleasure to now pronounce them husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

His arm curls around my waist pulling me in and he leans in kissing me. I don't kiss him back, I just can't. I don't like his touch. I don't like his taste. His presence on its own, makes my blood boil and now the idea of knowing that he can use this useless title of being my husband, is frightening.

"Smile, Summer. The game has just started," Nick whispers. Standing next to me, he takes my hand in his and we make our way down through the aisle.

Everyone in the room is silent. An aura of complete despair and helpless fills the room and not a single person can meet my eyes, not even Kai.

At least, not anymore.

......

My head heavy, my eyes flutter open to only find more darkness.

Slowly helping myself up, I lean against a cold metal wall. The room smelling like rusted metal mixed with sea water, the light sound of waves crashing, tells me I'm on a boat.

A loud creak and sudden movement makes me fall to the side and I hit my head hard on the metal floor. Screaming, I feel my whole body sting with pain. Agonizing images of the last forty-eight hours play in my mind.

After the ceremony ended, Nick stayed back at the church and August took me to one of their houses locking me in the master bedroom. Hours went by before Nick arrived and those hours of anticipation never felt so good after what happened next.

He was angry.

The last three years of anger built up in him and he took it out in a form people would call love.

I can still hear him unzipping the dress like he was the only one who could.

His hands touching my skin in a way that made my body pulse in fear each time.

His lips so full of lust, that you could even mistake it for love, but it wasn't.

It was all anger.

And his words were full of every truth I avoid.

The worst part is, it's only the start.

White is sometimes used to symbolize the start of something new, but today, I brought myself back to where I was three years ago.

A/N:

Ivy: So excited for what's to come! How'd you like this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 856 16
إن كُتِب قدر شخصين معاً فسيتقاطع طريقهما ذات يوم حتماً ليحوما حول الدنيا إذا ارادا للعثور على بعض وليختبئا للهروب من البعض وهجنا وثابتنا دكاترنا ا...
21.5K 756 11
sex. rude. nude. Dirty. h@rny.bd words => Only fan/ only in wattpad not public in social media BL mixed... 🔞 មានតែក្នុង wattpad ទេ បើមិនចង់អាន កុំ...
688K 32.7K 79
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...
21.8K 2.7K 22
U+Z ဒီနေ့မင်းလွင် + ဒီယောရာဇာဓိရာဇ်