Learning to Fall (A Josh Hutc...

By nanalove9516

To enjoy her summer off from school Arianna is visiting her Aunt and Uncle in New York when she has run ins w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Chapter 18

10.5K 228 60
By nanalove9516

Josh’s POV

“Thank you. And be sure to tell Lucas I said bye again.” I said saying my goodbyes to Ellie. Then she pulled me close to her face and she whispered in my ear.

“Do what’s best for you and Arianna. Don’t hold her and yourself back if you can’t handle it.” She nodded her head and released me as I slouched back. I could feel Arianna next to me, anxious. I looked over at her and gave her a smile but she didn’t smile back. I knew she was curious as to what Ellie said.

Is she saying I should break up with Arianna? I mean, she was right. It dawned on me that if I stayed with Ari and we never got to see each other, she would be miserable, as will I. it wasn’t fair of me to keep her confined like that, she deserved to enjoy her life. College and all.

My side door opened then and there stood one of the body guards. He turned his back to me to start making a path through the fans. I stopped a couple of times to say hi and give hugs. I even signed some things and took some pictures. I was really lucky to have fans like these.

Heading towards the door I stopped and turned around to see Arianna. She was walking towards me with her head down, looking uncomfortable. I decided that I might as well make our last time together worth it. I stopped walking and waited for her to join next to me. I smiled at her and she returned it with a faint half smile.

She seems really upset.

I looked down at her hands, picking up her right one to hold in mine. It helped by making her smile grow wider but then it fades just as quickly as it appeared. She was looking around and I noticed what she was looking at. All of a sudden all flashes and cameras went off. I could tell Arianna wasn’t sure about this.

“It's okay.” She looked back up to me, her face glowing in the sun making her blue eyes pop. “I don’t care what they say.” I whispered to her, in hope to make her more comfortable. She smiled up at me and then I continued to walk through the crowd with Arianna on my arm. I heard a couple of fans call out my name and then Arianna’s name and it made me smile, them thinking we were together. It made my stomach cringe as I thought about how it wouldn’t work and I would have to end it.

I tightened my grip on Ari’s hand and she returned with a smile.

That was the last time I saw her smile.

~~

I now stand alone in the rows of seats in front of my fight. Arianna was gone, along with everything else. She was my happiness and I let her go. It was the right thing to do right? I had to think about her. If I stayed with her there would be the risk of fights because she saw me with the lead actress on my next movie or I didn’t talk to her that day. I didn’t want to have to fight with her. It would be too hard.

When she finally disappeared around the corner with Chloe by her side I fell into the chair. Rubbing my eyes I tried to eliminate any presence of tears which were running down my face. I’ve never cried over a girl like this before. The pain I felt, it was too hard. I knew I would get over it eventually but I just didn’t know how long it would take. I bent forward and rested my elbows on my knees with my face in my hands.

I hope I made the right decision.

I looked around to see there weren’t that many people around. There was a man on his laptop chowing down on a bagel. He wore a business suit indicating he was probably on a business trip. Across from him was another man but he had a little girl next to him. She was curled up, her blonde wavy hair rested on his side as he stoked her back. I smiled to her when she peeked her eyes open and looked at me.

She looked just like Arianna. Long blonde hair, stunning blue eyes, tiny mouth and she had the most natural looking blush on her face. It made a lump in my throat appear so I turned to look in the other direction.

In my view were two teenage boys and what looked to be their mother. She was telling them to quiet down as they hoot and hollered at their laptops. Must be a video game or something. Across from them was a couple. They looked to be about early to mid 20s and they had a distinctive Irish accent as they talked to each other. The guy had his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. Softly talking to each other as if no one was in the room with them. That also started to form a lump in my throat so I looked away.

However, across from me was a woman. She was probably my age maybe I little older. I noticed a couple of times her looking up from her book and glancing over at me. But this time she was full on staring. Maybe it was the two big men who were surrounding me but she was only looking at me.

She was quite attractive but nowhere near as pretty as Arianna. This girl had dark brown hair that was cut short to about her shoulder. Her brown eyes peeked threw a pair of glasses propped up on a freckled nose. She was wearing a purple dress that was a little short as she was sitting but didn’t reveal anything.

When I figured I was looking at her for too long I looked away, leaving me the only place to look, my hands.

“The flight to Los Angeles, California is now boarding. We will take seats-“ the announcer at the desk said, I quickly got up and grabbed my bag, thanking the body guards as I entered the plane.

Once in my seat, which is in first class, I released a sigh. I just wanted to get as far away from New York as possible. I looked out of my window, glancing at the surroundings, and then closed the curtain. Blocking any light coming in. I closed my eyes ready to relax when I stream of light appeared on my face.

I groaned but then silenced myself as I saw who was sitting in front of me, the girl from earlier. She was adjusting the curtain and the sun from outside shined backwards into my seat. She saw me looking at her and she smiled.

“Hi.” I said moving my head out of the light. “Do you mind…um...?” I pointed to her window and she shyly smiled.

“Oh. I’m sorry, here ill close It.” she leaned forward closing her window. Then she returned her attention to me. “Hi I’m Kate Fouler.” She reached her hand out and I took it. And shook it smiling at her. Then she paused and stared at me. “And you are?” she looked confused but not as much as me.

“You don’t know who I am?” she shook her head and laughed. “I don’t mean to sound cocky but you really don’t know?” then she nodded her head again. “Sorry, I’m Josh Hutcherson.”

“Nice. Am I supposed to know you?” she laughed again and I laughed with her.

“No. it’s okay.” I smiled at her and she returned it before turning away and sitting down. I sighed and closed my eyes again.

I tried to think about anything other than Arianna, but it was hard. All I could see when I closed my eyes was her pained face when I broke up with her, tears streaming down her face. Then, finally, her walking away and leaving.

I pulled out my phone and frowned when I didn’t find a missed call or even a text message from Arianna. Can I blame her? She must be pissed at me. I closed my eyes one last time before drifting off into a nap with the lump in my throat that I had before.

~~

I was awakening by the ding on the intercom saying that the captain said we may move out of our seats. Apparently I had napped through a lot of bumpy turbulence and hadn’t wakened up at all.

I jumped when I looked over to see the girl plop herself in the seat next to me. Kim was it? I couldn’t remember her name.

“So, how was your nap?” she asked as she turned to me.

“Um,” I stiffened up and straightened my body to sit up. “It was good. Well needed.” I turned to the window and braced myself for revealing the light. After momentarily blinding myself I saw we were high up in the air above the clouds, the little buildings below us looking like crumbs.

“That’s good. So, what do you do?” I was caught off guard by her asking me that question. It was still hard to believe she didn’t know who I was. I looked at her as she waited.

“Um, I’m an actor.” Her eyes widened and she smiled into a big grin.

“Wow that’s awesome. Big movies or small, unknown roles?” she asked me.

“Do you really think that someone who had unknown and tiny roles would need two body guards at the airport?” I asked her sarcastically. She nodded her head and looked away, feeling like an idiot. “I mainly do big roles right now.” I felt bad, all she did was ask me a question. When she went quiet I continued the conversation, even though all I wanted was to be left alone. “What about you?”

She looked back at me and looked at her hands. “I’m an artist, but I was in New York visiting family. What about you?”

The first thing that New York brought to my mind was Arianna, but I didn’t feel like talking about that with a stranger. “Just visiting friends and doing interviews, taking a break from acting basically.” She smiled at me. She really did have a beautiful smile.

“Yeah my family,” she paused and frowned. “My family isn’t supportive of my career choice. My dad wanted me to be a lawyer and my mom wanted me to go to college for anything other than art. I came to visit them and rub it in their faces how successful I am. But they just kicked me out of the house.” She rubbed her face. Why was she opening up to me like this?

“I’m sorry.” Was all I could think to say.

“I’m sure you had a better visit.” She rubbed under her eyes and released a chuckle. “How old are you? If I had to guess I would say 17?” she said changing the subject.

“Actually…?” I was trying to remember her name.

“Kate.” She said giggling.

“Kate, I’m 19.” She raised her eyebrows and looked me over. I felt uncomfortable when she settled below me and not on my face.

“I’m sorry. You are just pretty short and boyish. That’s my bad.” She looked back up at me smiling.

“I’m 5’7, that’s not short.” I said in defense. Kate threw up her hands and acted as if I just yelled at her.

“Sorry…”

It was quiet for a couple of minutes. Even though it was silent, Kate’s eyes were pretty loud. I could feel her gaze on me as I looked at the TV screen in front of me.

“Why do you look so sad?” she asked drawing my attention back to her and not the TV.

“I’m sorry, but that’s none of your business.” She nodded her head and looked away from me. Just when I thought she was done and was about to get up she turned to me and grabbed my face, leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips. She forcefully placed her tongue in my mouth, placed her hands on my chest.

I put my hands up on her shoulder and pushed her away. “What are you doing?! I said a little too loudly as I wiped my mouth form her spit.

“I’m sorry. I thought you felt it too.” I scrunched up my face and stared at her.

“No? I didn’t feel anything and I was actually just trying to be nice before but now…please I just want to be left alone.” She got up from the seat and walked around to take her own seat.

After about 5 minutes Kate stood up and turned to face me. “Who is she?” she asked me.

I looked at her and felt my eyes start to burn. She took the hint and sat back down. I placed my handed on my face and pinched the bridge of my nose.

Once again I found myself thinking about Arianna, only Arianna. I felt like I betrayed her in a way. Yeah we broke up, but I felt obligated to not kiss Kate because of Arianna.

I loved her and I couldn’t help this. Kate forcing herself on me just proved that Arianna was the only girl I wanted.

I reached forward for the airplane phone. I slid my fingers on the buttons before pulling out my credit card, sliding it threw to pay for the call. I dialed Arianna’s cell number.

It ringed a couple of times before going straight to voicemail, indicating she ignored my call.

The lump in my throat grew bigger. I slowly placed the phone back and closed my eyes, breathing deeply.

It’s over. I made the biggest mistake I could make with the girl I loved and there was nothing could do to fix it.

~~awweeeee:( well there is one more chapter left…I think. Don’t quote me on it I’m not sure yet. Haha but yeah if you absolutely love this story vote and comment and of course fan me if you haven’t already!:) Thanks you guys and love you!~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 1.6K 24
(Josh Hutcherson Fan Fiction). Allison is just a normal girl. Who moved from New York to the other side of the country, California. Starting a new s...
2.3K 97 26
Gianna has a pretty decent life as a teenager in high school she has her best friends Mavis and Karan by her side she has a good grades and a okay...
232K 6.2K 86
Emma's just another typical girl who's lost in her own head and in love with a celebrity. She has just graduated from high school and with every move...
1.7K 61 39
This is a story about a girl named Emily. She was an average student at her school. She has long brown hair and blue eyes. She is very good in sport...