embers (leo valdez x reader)

By idonthavethoughts

in which a mortal girl falls in love with a boy faster than wildfire spreads. - this book is 10 chapters, rea... More

1. pizza
2. toy aisle
4. spill the tea sis
5. a plan
6. cinnamon
7. date
8. fireworks
9. accept it, babey
10. embers
author's note
11. bonus chapter

3. getting kicked out of walmart

2.4K 86 92
By idonthavethoughts

A few hours of waiting and eating snacks later, it was nearly nine and everyone decided to go ahead and go to sleep. You found a small area in a small corner, next to some teddy bears.

"I'm sleeping here," you said.

Leo picked a spot not that far from there, and Jason picked a spot not far from that. Percy and Annabeth were staying a couple of aisles over.

You shut your eyes and went to sleep.

A few minutes later, you woke up to halfway-sobs.

You looked around. Your eyes landed on Leo.

He was curled up into himself, covering his mouth. He looked awful. You knew demigods sometimes had bad and weird dreams. You wanted to comfort him, but it felt kinda personal and you barely knew Leo at all.

"Leo," you said. He looked up.

He coughed. "I, uh, got something in my eye."

He wiped his eyes. "See? All better."

He turned away from you.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Do you wanna talk?"

He cleared his throat. "I'm fine, really. I swear, (Y/N)."

"I'm a good listener," you said softly.

He sighed heavily. "I just... I just got dumped. It's stupid that I'm still freakin' crying over it, but... you know how it is."

"It's not dumb," you said, crawling over next to him. "Breakups hurt and they suck."

Leo laughed without humor. "You're tellin' me."

"Look," you mumbled. "She was probably dumb or something. I don't know you that well, but you're pretty cool, Leo."

His eyes widened just a little, and his eyebrows rose up. "Huh?"

"I think that any girl would be lucky to have you," you said. "I mean, I just met you or whatever, but you seem like a great guy."

He smiled. "Thanks, (Y/N). Sorry you had to see... all that. You know."

"Don't mention it," you replied. "Honestly, you'll probably see me cry sooner or later."

A Walmart employee came around the corner. "Gah, not this again. Kids, get out!"

Jason woke up. "Huh?"

"Yeah," the employee nodded. "All of you. Skedaddle. You're kicked out."

You got up and gathered your blankets. Leo stood up too, looking down at you.

"Ugh," Jason said groggily. "D'you think Percy and Annabeth got kicked out already?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. I can call Sally."

Jason shook his head. "She probably went to sleep already. We could drop you off at your apartment."

You nodded. "Sure."

All of you gathered up your stuff and some of the snacks and went to the car.

You got in the back seat and buckled your seatbelt, waiting for Leo and Jason. You yawned, hugging a pillow.

Leo got in the car. "Don't go to sleep."

You frowned. "I'm not."

"Liar," he said.

You started drifting off when Leo opened the car door and shut it loudly. He got in the back seat with you.

"Stay awake," he said loudly.

You pouted. "Lemme go to sleep."

"I don't wanna have to wake you up when we get to your place," he said.

Jason got in the car. "Leo, why are you back there?"

"She's trying to sleep," Leo said.

You closed your eyes.

"Then let her," Jason laughed, pulling out of the parking lot. "It's late. You can take a nap, too."

You drifted off to sleep, only to be shaken by Leo about ten minutes later.

You groaned. "Why?"

"What'd I say, Jase?" Leo said. "I told you she'd do this."

You frowned up at him.

Leo smiled. "Alright. Time to go home."

You unbuckled your seatbelt. "Fine."

"Walk her in, Leo," Jason said.

Leo nodded. "On it."

He jumped out of the car. He started walking you in.

"Hey," Leo said. "Let's say that you were at camp. Would you hang out with me? I mean, it wouldn't have to be in the forge, it's kinda boring, and-"

"Yeah," you interrupted. "We don't even have to do anything, I'm not bored easily."

Leo smiled as you reached your door. "Cool."

You giggled nervously. "Yeah. I-I'll see you? Sometime?"

He nodded. "Yeah, for sure, yeah."

You opened your door. "Yeah, I'll just... go in now."

Leo pulled his gears out of his pocket and started playing with them. "Yeah, you should probably, uh-- bye, (Y/N)."

"Bye," you said, shutting the door.

Sally was on the couch, smiling at you. "Who was he?"

You crossed your arms and scoffed nervously. "Who was, who was who?"

"The boy," she smiled. "The boy that walked you to the door."

"Yes," your dad said, entering the room. "Do tell, (Y/N)."

"That?" you asked. "Him? Him was-- I mean, he was Leo. Percy's friend."

"Where is Percy, by the way?" Sally asked. "I thought you two were at Walmart."

"Me, Leo, and Jason got kicked out," you explained. "As for Percy and Annabeth, I don't know."

Sally nodded. "Okay. Now, Leo, Percy's friend-"

She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Mom!" you said. She laughed.

You went to your room. "I'm going to bed. He's just my friend!"

"Heard that one before!" Sally said.

You got in your bed and went to sleep. You woke up the next morning when the door slammed.

"Mom!" you heard Percy say. "I drove home as fast as I could, (Y/N) wasn't anywhere in Walmart, I-"

"Calm down," Sally said. "She's here. She came home last night with your friend."

"Jason?" he asked.

"Leo," Sally replied. Then she whispered, "They'd be cute together. Just a thought."

Your face turned red.

Percy laughed. "They just met yesterday, Mom."

You went into the living room. "Yeah, Mom."

Sally smiled at you. "Okay, whatever you say."

You crossed your arms and looked at Percy. He shrugged and smiled at you.

You went into the kitchen and got some cheetos. Percy followed you.

"So..." Percy said. "Are you... into him?"

You choked on a cheeto. "Not you, too."

Percy grabbed some cheetos out of the bag. "Just asking. Because I'd have to talk to him if you were."

"What? Threaten him?" you asked.

"No," Percy said. "Just a little friendly conversation."

You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. I'm not into him, so you can keep your conversation to yourself. Besides, even if I was, he's not over his ex. Who is she, anyway?"

"Calypso," Percy said simply.

You blinked. "Calypso as in the Odysseus, moonlace, you Calypso? Her?"

"Yup," Percy said. "He got her off her island and everything. That's where he went after the battle. To Ogygia. When they got back to camp, they just didn't work, I guess. So he did all that for her and she just left him. It was kind of mutual, but..."

"Wow," you said. "No wonder he's bummed."

Percy nodded. "Really sucks."

"So, anyway," you said. "I kinda wanna hang out with Rachel today. Mind taking me to camp?"

Percy nodded. "Sure. Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.2K 27
Leo Valdez tries to cope with abusive foster parents, and has this unhealthy obsession with finding his mom's killer. He lives in a world of black an...
153K 5.8K 33
You X Leo Fanfiction Detailed story about your love story between you and vixx's talented, handsome and amazing Leo. READ ❤❤ (♡˙︶˙♡) [I wrote this at...
87K 2.9K 21
𝐱𝐢𝐚𝐨 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 in which two people fall in love, even if one is betrothed to another "𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 ...
19.8K 369 19
Do you love that hunk Leo Valdez? OF COURSE YOU DO!!! That boy is the love of my life and now you can experience him being yours outside of the tame...