I Do

By BlackSweaters

More

I Do
Chapter Two
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chaper 12
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter 16
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter 22
Chapter Twenty-Three
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter Eleven

79 5 0
By BlackSweaters

I called an ambulance, not being able drive myself. When they arrived, they strapped me into a stretcher and loaded me into the ambulance. On the way to the hospital, I convinced one of the paramedics to call my mom. She was waiting for me at the entrance.

“Oh, honey! How are you doing?” Just as I had thought, she was panicking.

“Mom, I’m fi-aghhh!” I stopped mid-sentence, screaming in agony as my contractions started. The doctors pushed the gurdy into a private room and hooked me up to the blood pressure machine. My contractions were getting closer together now.

“Ok, sweetie. We’re going to wait till the contractions are a little closer together, does that sound okay?” The nurse put a thermometer under my tongue as I nodded. Soon, I was feeling nothing but pain.

“Ok, I think it’s time to push. Remember, it’s very important to breath, do you understand?” I nodded the best I could.

A couple minutes later, I was holding my newborn daughter for the very first time.  

“Did you decide on a name for her?” The nurse asked, smiling.

“Catherine.” I replied, letting her wrap her tiny little hands around my finger. A couple hours after I held my first-born child for the first time ever, I was able to go back to my apartment with Catherine Diana Cumberbatch. Since I had been expecting her to come any day now, naturally I had a room ready. I put her in the pink cradle and then went to take a bath. I wasn’t used to feeling this light and that caused me to trip a lot. I lowered myself into the bathtub, sighing when the hot water rush over my worn-out, post pregnant body. I sat there for almost an hour before I realized; I was starving. I hadn’t eaten since that morning. I dried myself off and got dressed in my most comfortable clothes. I walked out to the kitchen and started cooking some spaghetti when I heard Kate start crying from her bedroom down the hall. I lived in a one story flat, so I had to transform my sewing/office room into her nursery. I strode down the hall and into the bedroom. Kate was crying loudly in her crib. I smiled. The pros and cons of being a mom. I walked over to her crib and picked her up, patting her back and shushing her softly. Just as I had gotten her to go back to sleep, I heard a creak of floorboards behind me. I froze. Suddenly, someone was holding a cloth that smelled of chloroform over my mouth and whispering in my ear.

“Hi, Elizabeth. Cute baby. Who’s the daddy? He isn’t here right now, though, is he?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.4K 94
Based on the events of the tv show, Liz is thrown into Sherlock's world and falls deerstalker over feet for the new mystery in his life. Note:...
53 1 1
138K 2.7K 31
*Previously titles Triple Threat* Sherlock Holmes; the world's first, and only, consulting detective. Alongside him, his new assistant Jo Williams...
8.8K 214 34
Angel Dirks, the ultimate double agent. She runs Operation Roulette, the scheme to bring about the fall of Jim Moriarty. She works in partnership wit...