Fallen Families

By sierreareads

Can a one night stand with a old friend lead to something different years later? The secrete Of Chris Evans a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 23.

3.5K 90 21
By sierreareads

Tick Tock

Nicole and her family waited at the restaurant where they were supposed to meet Scarlett. The family agreed to meet her at the restaurant at 6'o clock, it was 7. She kept telling them that she would be here. There wasn't any way that she would miss this. At least that was what she was trying to convince herself.

but time continued, and since it was a more fancy restaurant as well, so when the waiter came up to them asking them to either order or leave her parents gave her a pitiful look before they all put their menus down decided to pick up some fast food on the way back to the hotel. 

"Nic, I am sorry they didn't show up." Her father said looking at her as they arrived at the hotel and her older siblings started walking up to their room.

"She wanted to say goodbye to me and she didn't even show up," Nicole said shaking her head, she can't believe she actually thought that they would actually show. 

"Well sometimes people just get busy, and maybe she did want to be there." Her father tried to find the right words to explain Scarlett's actions, however, he just couldn't. 

"What your father is trying to say, honey is that people lie, and that's the hard truth. Maybe she just wasn't ready to be a mother. I know you had all this hope in her but maybe she needs time you know." Her mother was telling her the hard truth. Because as much as it hurt, she didn't want her daughter gathering all these hopes about this woman and then be crushed down by her. 

"She told me that she was though," Nicole said wiping the tear from her face. She didn't want to cry for someone who didn' even care enough to let her know she couldn't make it. So why was Nicole trying so hard to defend her? "I am gonna call her," She said, she was still going to give Scarlett the benefit of the doubt. Her parents nodded their heads before giving her a bit of space. 

Pulling out her phone, Nicole prayed she would answer and explain that all of this was a huge misunderstanding. The phone rang and she was nervously looking down as her hair feel down and hid her face. 

"Please pick up..." She muttered hope started clouding her mind. This hand to all be a misunderstanding, there was no way that she would ditch her like that. Maybe something came up that she couldn't text Nicole. 

"You have reached the voice mailbox of...." The voice went on as Nicole strongly shut her eyes as if to tell herself that this wasn' happening. That she wasn't being left again. She ended the call before sighing heavily. Guess it wasn't a mistake, she was being ignored. 

But was even more upsetting was that she had to leave the next day. This was going to be her goodbye, but I guess that wasn't going to happen. Maybe it was a mistake to get so attached. 

Meanwhile, after the realization of her forcing Chris into all of this parenting stuff, she needed a distraction. So when the cast invited her to go drink with the guys, well she was more than willing to join them, which in turn had her forget all of the promises and plans she had made with her daughter.  

They went to a small bar where barely anyone would go on an attempt to not be seen or start a scene. Jeremy, Robert, and Mark were sitting at a booth just talking, away from the crowd. Chris Hemsworth, who was there with his wife who was in town, was dancing with her. and she found her self at the bar with Chris Evans. He would occasionally look over at her bus she just seemed to be in her own world, casually ordering drinks every now and then. 

"What you drinking?" He asked awkwardly trying to start up some sort of conversation with her. She looked down at the drink she was moving around with her fingers. 

"Rasberry Sgroppino" She replied taking another sip of the cold drink. Chris watched as she drank it not even fazed by it at all. 

"Doesn't that have an sh*t ton of vodka, are you trying to get drunk?" He asked, of course, he asked. He was always concerned about her well being. It was his thing to make sure she was okay. But no matter how sweet his actions were, somehow it was just suffocating.  

"Well, that's the goal." She stated dryly. She really didn't want to talk to Chris. The nicer he was to her, the more guilt she felt. It is an overwhelming feeling really, not being able to talk to him, because everything she did only cause him to worry, and more he worried the more he felt inclined to not tell her no. It was a cycle.

"I think the goal of tonight was just to relax and forget everything that is going on." He said trying to continue their conversation when it was clear that she did not want to speak about it anymore. 

"Yeah, but some of us just need a bit more than a night off to forget our troubles, Evans." She said. Her voice was cold and distant, Chris was beginning to think he had done something. Maybe it was her voice or the fact she called him Evans. He was never Evans, not to her at least. Only when she was mad, stressed or upset. But Chris knew better than to start an argument. 

"Okay well, I guess I will allow you to destress by yourself." He said. He pushed himself up and began to walk away from her when he heard her faint voice, stopping him in his tracks to listen to her. 

"Why do you do that? Why do you always focus so much on helping me? Or make me happy?" She asked. Her voice was no sad and the effects of the alcohol were running through her blood. 

"Well, I care about you Scar, you are important to me, so I wanna make sure you are safe and happy." He said, his words just melted her heart, making her want to cry. 

"Even when you obviously don't want to do something?" She asked, it almost made Chris freeze. But he slowly walked back to her and sat down taking her hand into his own. His face showed them how confused he was. 

"Scarlett, everything that I have done for you was because I wanted to do it. You know that I have told you already that you are beyond important to me, that you are my best friend. and if you asked for it I would give you the world." He spoke softly towards her, knowing that she was in a delicate situation. 

"But at what cost?" She chocked out. She wasn't trying to accuse him of being fake, she just wanted to know why he would rather see her happy than worry about his own well being. Because she couldn't figure out what was so special about herself, there isn't anything special at all. So why did he care so much? 

"What are you talking about?  There is no cost too high or too low that would make  me not want to do something if it means you are happy." He said sternly. He was trying very hard to figure out why this was so hard for her to understand. He knew that he had feelings for the wonderful beautiful woman in front of him, but she didn't know that, but even so who wouldn't want to make sure she wasn't happy? 

"Chris," She finally turned to him, and Chris was stunned to see the tears on her face. "if you didn't want to meet our daughter why didn't you just tell me?" She asked, and Chris's heart felt like stopping. Never would he have thought that those words would come out of her mouth. 

"I uh... I " He didn't know what to say. But then again what was he suppose to say? That he only did it for her? Because he was in love with her and seeing her happy was better than admitting he was scared. Scared to be a father. Scared he would ruin that girl's life if he even tried to be her father. 

"Because I thought that you were excited that you were happy. When I told you that I was ready to find her you said that you were okay with it. But you weren't, so why Chris? Why would you lie to me?" She asked, not harshly, but softly. 

"Scarlett, I know you want an answer, but I can't tell you. Not yet at least. You have to give me time." He asked one thing from her. She wanted an answer but she knew that she had to wait until he was ready, because she was going to do something for him. "And as for everything else, I just wasn't ready because I was scared." He finally admitted it.

"Scared? Of me or her?" She asked, her voice was soft and caring, like a mother talking to her kid. 

"Of being a father. I was scared. I have been scared since I found out she was going to be born. I was scared that I wouldn't and couldn't be the father she needs me to be. That I would somehow mess up her life. Because she is an amazing girl, and she deserves so much then what I can even begin to offer her. So I decided that if I just kept some distance then maybe I could be okay." He tried to explain all his feelings to her. Scarlett didn't judge, she sat there and listened to everything he had to say. She was going to be there for him now. 

"Chris I know how scared you are. Being a parent is probably the scariest thing in the world, and I know you are afraid of disappointing her. But I think that if you are just there for her, then she will be okay. If you make a mistake, well guess what she will be mad for a while, but she will forgive you. I think that after missing so much from her life that just being there for her is better than not being there." She tried her best to explain this concept to Chris. She knew that this was going to be hard, but Chris was tough and so was Nicole, they would somehow find common grounds. 

"I just think that we have missed so much in her life already that it's hard to just show up and know what we are supposed to do," He said, and Scarlett nodded her head. 

"Yes, it's very scary. But we can learn together. I know in the past we have made impulsive decisions Chris, but right now we can't. Because there is someone out there who wants to get to know us. And we need to decide now if we can be those people for her. We can't run around getting her hopes up." She said. By now the alcohol in her system was gone, and she was starting to recall today's plans, but it hadn't hit, and probably won't until the next morning when her hangover kicks in. 

"I can't do it alone, I am scared. Scared I will fail." Chris spoke with complete honesty. Because if there was anyone in the world who he could speak freely towards it would be Scarlett. "And my parents still haven't spoken to me, my brother practically hates me along with my sisters. It's like I have lost them. I just can't lose anyone else, it hurts way too much." 

"And you won't, because I can be here for you. I will be here for you if you let me. I know how you feel, my parents walked away from me, not even speaking a word to me before leaving or to their granddaughter, and besides my sister, I can't help but feel like everyone is disappointed in me." Scarlett told him. "I just want you to know Chris, I would and could never hate you. I may say things, but just know there is just something in my heart that won't ever allow me to hate you." 

"Scar, I just need to know you won't leave me. Because I don't know what I will do if you aren't in my life." He said looking into her green piercing eyes. Scarlett almost wanted to cry. She would never leave him. 

"Chris I swear, no matter where life takes us, you can count on me. Even if I am a million miles away, I will be there for you." She said. There was a calm silence between the two before she stood up opening her arms up for a hug. Chris smiled and wrapped his arms around her small body. "We can do this Chris, we can do it." She repeated in their hug. 

"How can you be so sure?" He asked into her neck. 

"Because as long as we have each other I know we can do anything." 

As they hugged, many things ran through Scarlett's mind. But then it hit her. all these things about being there for her kid. She had forgotten about dinner with Nicole. 

Guys, I am absolute garbage. I say it won't take me a month to update....and what a lie. I promise I am trying very hard. But as you can see it's not working out so much. But thank you for being patient, and just know that my birthday is on the 25 this month and as a gift from me to you, I will update either on or before that day! (or this is just another empty promise) but I will try. 

Thank you! Don't forget to vote and comment,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 1.1K 28
"You?.... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!" Y/N Johansson-Evans daughter of Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, she was raised with full of lies, hate, d...
417K 12.9K 101
Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans Instagram (+marvel cast and others) Did you catch me falling for you over Twitter? No Stupid, when you liked my Ins...
35.5K 821 16
chris evans x y/n story. read the introduction for a description! i try and put out one part a day!
251K 4K 28
A normal woman named Kat goes out for drinks to loosen herself up. While having a night with friends, she finds herself swept up by the one and only...