Frost on the Grasslands | She...

Av SmokeAndOranges

It's not supposed to snow in the South Forest, but the weather in the second-emptiest corner of Shelha is not... Mer

Before You Read
Chapter Zero: Coppertails
Across the World
South Shelha
Chapter One: Arrival
Winter
Chapter Two: Renegade
The Lowlands
Chapter Three: River Moon
Enemy Alliance
Chapter Four: Caves
Silver Fur
Chapter Five: In Forest Shadows
The Darkwood
Chapter Six: Rocks and Breezes
Stormhole
Chapter Seven: Trapped
Chapter Eight: Attacker's Tracks
Firebrand
Chapter Nine: Tall Grass Hunt
Into the Forest
Chapter Ten: Rising Storm
The Pit
Chapter Eleven: Copper and the Black Prince
Underground
Chapter Twelve: Into the Rocklands
Missing Hunter
Chapter Thirteen: Wind in the Fur
After the Wind
Chapter Fourteen: Summer's Beginning
Winter Meets It
Chapter Fifteen: Northern Borders
The Territory
Volume II: Storm Season
Vote Star Villainy
Who's Who (Characters)
Places (With Pictures)
Rough Map

Species (With Pictures)

223 12 15
Av SmokeAndOranges

Saggitayrii (sing. Saggitayria): Well-organized and well-educated, a green-furred species native to the Far South Forest. Counterparts to the Drakons. Sethral's species. 

Royals: Silver-furred cats who once held a prominent place in the South Forest. Disappeared in the Last Great Silence. Counterparts to Hyenars. 

Foresters: Long-bodied, short-legged, light-boned, black and very fluffy. Native to the trees of the North Forest, presumed extinct following the North Forest fire.

Coppertails: Highly social and often herd-forming, a widespread and common species divisible into over a dozen locally adapted subtypes. These are named after the landscapes they are adapted to. Elementals are considered to be subtypes as well. Counterparts to Mountainairs. Wing, Jay, Taz and Fletch's species.

Mountainairs: A large, pack-forming species historically native to the North Mountains. Counterparts to Coppertails. Winter's species.

Saberell (sing. Saberel): An ancient, copper-furred species that disappeared in the first great silence thousands of years ago, and long thought to be extinct. Original counterpart to Drakons. First native to the North Flats, but were pushed south by the appearance of Coppertails. 

Drakons: Four-winged, bug-like pests large enough to carry off a small renegade. Found everywhere but the north. Counterparts to the Saberell until those disappeared; now counterparts to Saggitayrii.

Hyenars: Dumb, loud, pack-forming hunter-scavengers with a fondness for rabbits. Native to the South Forest, but not found there since the Royals, their counterparts, disappeared.

Rivrit and Watermice: Two Lowland co-species, always found together. Known for a range of skills found nowhere else, including cooking, metalwork and boatbuilding. Have no counterpart.

Draygons: The largest species in the world and rarely sighted. Aerial nomads and co-species with the Basilix. No known counterpart. Range unknown.

Basilix: A little-known species, co-species with Draygons. No known counterpart. Range unknown.

Fishers: A water-loving species native to the understory of the North Forest. Status unknown since the North Forest fire. Counterparts to the Foresters.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.8K 302 20
A Loose Retelling of Beauty and the Beast A BEAUTIFUL WITCH. Bookish Myalah, the town beauty as well as its only living witch, has always wanted a wa...
1K 69 18
The 10 tribes have been peaceful ever since the previous threats to the world were Eliminated. Both continents are thriving, & the dragons even found...
1.2K 342 39
Disappearing slaves, a vanished infiltrator, a stolen deputy and a kidnapped renegade. All have ties to Winter and her terrifying new ally, but her p...
8.3K 282 40
Ernwood Forest is home to people living hidden from the prying eyes of humans; the Winged and their tribes. These people stand no taller than a few c...